Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,441 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? (16015 Views)

5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced / Digital Giants: Philip Emeagwali ( You Guys Thatt Said He Is Just A Media Hype) / Philip Emeagwali – Genius Or Crook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by AnthoniO(m): 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2007
Dear Ugwumba,
I have come to notice that scientists seem to be too emotional when it appears that a fellow scientist is making a headway. I have read your posts on Emeagwali but i must tell you that I may be justified if I conclude that your attack is driven by jealousy rather than reason. Why? I have observed that your attack has crossed the boundary of Emeagwali and drifted to Oyibo. I must tell you that you may have some grudge against Emeagwali but PLEASE I beg you, don't even try to tongue-lash a two time Nobel-Nominee named Professor G.A. Oyibo. You are a Physicist and you know what it is to develop such a formula (GAGUT).
What you are doing is exactly what one Professor Ama Nduka in my University (FUTO) did when Oyibo visited our school. Nduka has this habit of getting aggressive whenever any other physicist appears to outshine him. When The Profs. who felt they could lash Oyibo started displaying heights of childishness like you are doing, Oyibo said something, "Don't attack me, Attack my formula" They could not. Look, Oyibo is not your mate. I don't think you know what it is to be nominated for a Nobel Prize.
In the academia, the number of references you have i.e the number of authors that refer to your work or book, affects your prestige. Chike Obi as I heard, has about 20 international references. I don't relly know how true that is, but thats enormous if you know what an "International Reference" is. A Russian mathematician, Professor Sagas (or something of that sort - not sure of the spelling) read Oyibo's Gagut and found nothing mathematically wrong with it. Sagas has 201 references! How many do you have?
You should know that Oyibo's work is on Mathematical Physics. Einstein was a mathematical physicist. In mathematical physics you move from equations to reality. i.e You develop equations and give experimental physicists to try out and it works. Einstein's work was developed with equations - scratches of a pen on paper and when US tried it, it destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Remember that Einstein's equation was also looking physically unreal but because it was mathematically faultless, it worked. That's what theoretical Physics is all about. If the conditions are satisfied, the physical must obey. Remember, those equations were founded on time-tested laws of physics. Oyibo is very intelligent and you may not reason like him. If there is a fault in GAGUT then there is a fault with one of the underlying principles that were applied while deriving the equation (Gij,j = 0). Maybe calculus, relativity, Gauss, poisson's, laplace's or  lagrange's theorems could be faulty.  Attack those people who founded those theorems i.e Newton, Einstein, Laplace, etc. Read his childhood story and see how he discovered Gauss's equation without having prior knowledge of such a theorem - in primary school! The discovery thing is in Him. Behave Yourself! The most likely thing that is pushing you against Oyibo is Jealousy.
Behave Yourself!
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by Ugwumba(m): 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2007
Ugwumba:

@ clocky, my early post-graduate work was on QCD (quantum chromodynamics) and i will attempt a  lay mans' explanation here.

The GUT (grand unification theory, theory of everything) in physics attempts to combine the tripod of  fundamental symmetries - QCD (the strong interaction), the weak force and hypercharge.
Each symmetry is fairly successful in desribing physical phenomenom at different scales, but are less successful at the boundaries where the other force is dominant.

GUT is an attempt to have a 'single' concept that describes all physical phenomena, and physicists from Einstein's time have struggled with this.

Now, while Dr. Oyibo's work makes mathematical sense (has been peer reviewed by people like Prof. Animalu - a great Nigerian physicist) the connection to physics that all such great theories make has not been established.

It therefore remains in the realm of 'mathematical manipulations' and not physical theory, and therefore does not bring him close to a Nobel Prize in Physics (none in mathematics) which was the media hype.

@ Anthonio, not sure of where you want to go with this, but above are my comments on Oyibo, who you so eloquently have tried to defend. No where there did I disparage Oyibo's efforts, but simply put his achievements in the context in which they should be understood.

GAGUT, as I had inferred, was mathematically plausible, but physicists reject it on the grounds that it really does not satisfy established criteria for sound physical theory - e.g. Einstein's work was established long before any actual experiments/ observations through his use of thought experiments (like the 'twin paradox') and postulates (like the existence of 'black holes').

Not wanting to exchange comments with you on this, because I am not certain at what level you are qualified to understand these details. If however you are a theoretical physicist or classical mathematician (possibly at post-graduate level), please indicate as much and we can start a private conversation on this. If however, you fall into the category of those who just post a comment on issues they do not or cannot comprehend, then you can be forgiven.

Ama Nduka taught me Quantum Physics at the UNIFE in 1980, before moving to the then FUTO, and up to the time I left core theoretical physics to industry (but still as a physicist), without boasting, I was one of the new generation of Nigerian physicists being lauded by Professors (Animalu, Maduemesie, Allotey, Nduka, Oluwole, Ade Amusa, the Chike-Obi sons) across the country, for my early work in quantum physics. I also worked my a$$ off on several areas of mathematical physics and at 24 was already lecturing post-graduate quantum mechanics at both ABU Zaria and later Imo State University.

In my current subject matter (Petroleum Engineering - rock physics), I am recognised as a global expert and have been selected for the 2007 Marquis' Who's Who in Science & Engineering.  You can verify this by sending a mail to my private mail box, after which I can send details that you may cross-check.

SO, I HAVE NO NEED TO BE JEALOUS OF EMEAGWALI OR OYIBO!!!!!!!!!

Now, to your issues of questioning the GAGUT - I can post to you detailed rebuffals of the GAGUT (hope you can follow the 'speak' of advanced mathematics and theoretical physics) by very notable scientists - which is why Oyibo no longer gloats about his Nobel Prize nomination.

Please also note, that, like in all human endeavour, a nomination for such a prize does not neccessarily carry the toga of approval/ confirmation that most Nigerians assume it does.

It simply is a recognition by some of your peers on work you have done. To my knowledge, thousands of scientists are nominated every year for the Nobel prizes, but the short list finally contains only a few. If Oyibo's claims had been as a leading physicist, there would have been no uproar, but our people are wont to exaggerate any recognition by going on a media circus. I do not recall any Nobel laureates who behave in this manner.

We can rightfully be proud of achievement (we afterall have Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Animalu, Oluwole, Chike Obi), but must ensure that we are not seen, in the scientific community, to be commiting 'intellectual 419' - obtaining recognition for our academic work under false pretenses: Emeagwali is guilty of this and, to some extent, Oyibo as well.

PS - since you ask, in my chosen field I have well over 40 references to my work (which span a period of about 20 years -published my first scientific article in 1986), and I am still working. You may be right that Oyibo is not my 'mate', as you so immaturely put it, but we do not usually use 'mate' as defence in responding to scientific critique.

3 Likes

Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by AnthoniO(m): 3:46pm On Apr 17, 2007
Dear "Professor" Ugwumba,
Take A Look @ this;

http://nigeriavillagesquare1.com/Articles/laolu_akande/2004/07/nobel-nominee-oyibo-my-discovery-is.html

Toppling the Bestseller in Barnes and Nobles Means something. These white Proffs have been (maybe secretly) rushing this book on GAGUT and reading it in their closets.
My Friend, Let me open your eyes of understanding. You may fail to understand that in things like this it might be a simple mathematical manipulation that will bring the work of Oyibo to universal acceptance. Boss used principles from einstein's work to come up with the Boss-Einstein condensate - a new state of matter outside the 3 popular ones. One of these white dudes (let's say Prof X) may come up with a slight modification, (something as small as the limit of a variable as it tends to zero or infinity, or a complex variable being simplified by neglecting one dimension) and the whole GAGUT becomes the BOMB. In such a case it will become X-Oyibo's GUT.
Do you know what maths means?
Do You Believe in maths?
It has been said attimes that mathematics is truth that can be proven, remember  "Truth that can be proven".
Again, it is said that before Einstein died he dropped a clue,
"The solution (to the GUT) lies in geometry".
Sir, What is Geometry? A branch of maths. Substitute in the statement and you'll have
"The solution lies in mathematics"
Cheers! God be with you and open your eyes of understanding.
GOD DOES NOT PLAY DICE WITH THE WORLD, albert einstein.
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by Ynot(m): 6:14pm On Apr 17, 2007
AnthoniO, you are absolutely right. What we believe and accept to be true today can turn out otherwise. Not too long ago, people were jailed/maimed/killed for saying the earth was round and revolves around the sun but now we know better.
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by Ugwumba(m): 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2007
@ Antonio, when I see the sense in your post, I will reply (you remind me of some of my students in ABU Zaria in the 1980's who could not understand the distinction between scientific thought and social discourse).

Until then, I have offered you a smart way of double-checking my credentials (mail me and we can continue this discussion in detail) to claim the authority to be able to critique Oyibo's work. I do not waste intellectual energy in ripostes with people I do not know, or cannot verify are capable of making this assessment.

Apparently, your 'professor' comment was aimed at belittling, but is laughable, because 17-years ago I was already a Lecturer I and my peers in the University system were professors almost 9-10 years ago. I made the choice to go into industry, but even here have remained in the forefront of research in rock physics.

PS - as I noted to the administrator of nl, Seun, earlier, a lot of people who visit this site make the assumption that everyone is young, have no experience or credentials and post for the fun of it.

You may also post your e-mail and I will follow this up with you.

1 Like

Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by sisimose(f): 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2007
ugwumba

good post(s) . One of the few mature and brilliant people on NL .
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by joeycrack: 5:41pm On Jun 27, 2008
Ugwumba makes a lot of sense,
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by Benzene: 6:42am On Aug 08, 2008
@Ugwumba,

I have dropped my email to learn more from you. My email is obike1982(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by charlesp1: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2008
Philip Emeagwali is not your typical genius. He was born in 1957 in Nigeria. His school experience was much the same as with many other native African children. He even had to drop out of school at the age of 14 because his father could not pay his school fees. During his few early years in school, Philip showed a proficiency in mathematics. His father encouraged him to continue his education and even tried to tutor him until Philip "knew more than he did."
After dropping out of high school Philip immersed himself in the public library, reading and studying such subjects as college-level mathematics, physics chemistry and English. When he was 17, he received a scholarship to Oregon State University. He arrived at the University in 1974 and has since earned four other degrees - a Ph.D. in Scientific Computing from the University of Michigan along with two Masters Degrees from the George Washington University.
With the title, "Bill Gates of Africa", it is easy to see how much of an impact his intellect has had on the computing industry. In 1989, the computer system he built became the first system to perform 3.1 billion calculations per second. This record even surpassed the expensive super computers in the U. S. He used his computer to help scientists understand how oil flowed underground. His invention garnered him the prestigious Gordon Bell Prize in the U. S. This is considered to be the Nobel Prize of computing.
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by npang(m): 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2008
Charles p haven't you been following the thread.
The guy didn't build any computer/super computer, however, he was awarded the Gordon Bell Prize in 1989 and it is not the Nobel prize of computing.
What could be regarded as the nobel prize of computing is the ACM/Turing Award.
Try a little bit to verify what u can about a topic before posting.
I have learnt that.
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by AK2(m): 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2008
He is obviously a fraud. About three years ago i believed what he was saying the truth untill last year. I wanted to verify his claims and found out most of what he claimed to accomplish are frauds. People who have posted before like the theoretcal physicist are one of hundreds of people who have refuted his claims of father of the internet with facts.

1 Like

Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by candylips(m): 11:55am On Nov 17, 2009
I think i read somewhere that he is a fraud
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by goggs(m): 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2009
men! i never knew all these about 'the father of the internet' though i had my reservations on that title years ago having known of Sir Barnard Lee.

And i thought the guy was a role model for my kids shocked damn!
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by AjanleKoko: 8:19am On Nov 18, 2009
This controversy has been raging for a while now, regarding the authenticity or not of Emeagwali's claims.
My question is: If he is actually a fraud, how come he has been getting such darned good publicity? He can't have done it all by himself. I mean, even Bill Clinton cited him in a speech. What exactly is going on?
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by PAD: 4:43am On Dec 31, 2009
Ugwumba, please forgive for not addressing you as Dr. Ugwumba. It appears that you have a personal hatred against Mr. Emeagwali. I am not as smart as most guys are, however, I deal with concrete evidence. You hinge all your argument on the fact that Mr. Emeagwali has not given an interview to explain his claims. That can hardly qualify as credible evidence to cast aspersion to his claims. Since you claim to be a science guy, I'm sure you must have heard of the Russian mathematician, Grigory Perelman. His award is considered the Nobel Prize of Mathematics even though the actual Nobel Committee does not have an award for mathematics.

So, why is it offensive to you the Mr. Emeagwali can elevate his award to the same level as the Nobel Prize award? As you know, assuming that you are familiar with Perelman, Perelman rejected all the wards offered to him because he did not believe that those recognizing him were qualified to judge him. What if Emeagwali is refusing to be interviewed because he believes that all those questioning his achievements are not qualified to judge him? With all due respect, you are just an individual posting comments anonymously. Why should I give credence to your vilification of his achievement if you are not willing to fully identify yourself. I do not know the man and my intent is not to defend him; however, I must credit an individual who has a website with claims of his achievements, coupled with links of being referred to as "A Father of the Internet, and awards he received.

I must tell, you, before his website was modified, I read what he went through at the hands of White people who tried to undermine his achievements. Based on my own personal experiences, I identified with his plight. How do I know that you are not a white person or a White apologist who refuses to acknowledge that a Black man has any hand in inventing the internet? I spoke to a very well-known Ghanaian Scientist who has at six patents. Even though he disagreed with Emeagwali's self-promotion, he did not say anything that would indicate that Emeagwali is a fraud. If he is a fraud as you say, he has indeed achieved a great feat. I hope you are wrong, because I will be devastated if he turns out to be a fraud. Until I am provided with concrete evidence, other than he will not grant an interview to prove his claims, I prefer to live in my dream world.

If Al Gore can lay claim to the internet, with any computer award, I will stick with the Black man who dared to achieve and condemn the White race for their racism.

1 Like

Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by AjanleKoko: 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2010
I think I can relate with what Ugwumba is saying.
We should not just jump for joy at every spurious claim by every black person just because they are black people; however we should put such claims to the test.
Ugwumba's assertions go beyond mere jealousy I think; it's even worrying that a so-called scientist is so hotly disputed by the academic community. Sort of like the chaps (Abalaka I think he is called) who claimed some years back to have discovered a cure for AIDS. The whole world cannot simply be envious of Emeagwali. Something is definitely wrong somewhere.
It's a painful paradigm for us, but if we as blacks want to be taken seriously, we need to start looking at these issues differently.

1 Like

Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by sfiea: 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2010
The truth will surely set him free;

All that is required, is for him to lay his cards on the table.

All scientific theorems, call it postulate or axiom, can be proven or dis-proven by facts, once details are made available which is missing in the case of "some".

Ain't for nor against until facts* are made available.

But he (Philip Emeagwali) surely got some balls.

BTW there are others doing far more wonderful things, making no/less noise, their works speak for them.
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by PAD: 8:03am On Jan 24, 2010
AjanleKoko: Greetings. I still have not seen any substantive evidence that Emeagwali is a fraud. This man has been around the world, making presentations and serving as a consultant, including at the center of the world stage: the United Nations. I recently saw his name in a copy of the 2009 Law School Admission Test administered in the United States on December 5, 2009. The LSAT referenced him in respect with "Counting Numbers" (I think). He has all these Youtube clips of his presentations out there. The man is not in hiding. Anyone can go to any of his presentations and/or speeches and ask pointed questions. The key is that Emeagwali, I assume, is tired of proving to Whites that he is as intelligent or more intelligent than they are. Any Black person, regardless of origin, who dares to challenge the legacy of White supremacy is subject to attack. Believe me, I know from first hand experiences. Whites want to structure the narrative of all key scientific discoveries. Again, I am not an Emeagwali apologist; however, knowing how the legacy of White supremacy operates, I need more than anonymous internet vilification of Emeagwali to change my views about him. The next thing they will tell you and me that the car, Izuogu Z-600, was not really manufactured by a Black man in Nigeria. We cannot let those who do not care about our well-being to hijack the definition of our heroes. Have the White folk stopped teaching in their schools that Christopher Columbus discovered America? Have they stopped touting their White Supremacy Crown Jewel: The Bell Curve, as the pinnacle of their proof of Black intellectual inferiority? I am aware that two frauds cannot transform to honesty; however, at this point, until I am shown concrete evidence, I am sticking with Emeagwali. I look forward to, and welcome, any evidence, no matter how devastating it might be, to change my views on this. Note, as a Black person, when they attack the achievements of one Blacks person, they are attacking the entire Black Intelligentsia-See Bell-Curve. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by texazzpete(m): 9:35am On Jan 24, 2010
PAD:

AjanleKoko: Greetings. I still have not seen any substantive evidence that Emeagwali is a fraud. This man has been around the world, making presentations and serving as a consultant, including at the center of the world stage: the United Nations. I recently saw his name in a copy of the 2009 Law School Admission Test administered in the United States on December 5, 2009. The LSAT referenced him in respect with "Counting Numbers" (I think). He has all these Youtube clips of his presentations out there. The man is not in hiding. Anyone can go to any of his presentations and/or speeches and ask pointed questions. The key is that Emeagwali, I assume, is tired of proving to Whites that he is as intelligent or more intelligent than they are. Any Black person, regardless of origin, who dares to challenge the legacy of White supremacy is subject to attack. Believe me, I know from first hand experiences. Whites want to structure the narrative of all key scientific discoveries. Again, I am not an Emeagwali apologist; however, knowing how the legacy of White supremacy operates, I need more than anonymous internet vilification of Emeagwali to change my views about him. The next thing they will tell you and me that the car, Izuogu Z-600, was not really manufactured by a Black man in Nigeria. We cannot let those who do not care about our well-being to hijack the definition of our heroes. Have the White folk stopped teaching in their schools that Christopher Columbus discovered America? Have they stopped touting their White Supremacy Crown Jewel: The Bell Curve, as the pinnacle of their proof of Black intellectual inferiority? I am aware that two frauds cannot transform to honesty; however, at this point, until I am shown concrete evidence, I am sticking with Emeagwali. I look forward to, and welcome, any evidence, no matter how devastating it might be, to change my views on this. Note, as a Black person, when they attack the achievements of one Blacks person, they are attacking the entire Black Intelligentsia-See Bell-Curve. Thanks.

your blatant racism fills me with disgust.
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by skymax: 10:18am On Feb 05, 2010
typical nigerians, i dont see the reason why you should talk about phillip, all those criticzing him should tell us what they have achieved in their fields or contributions they have made to science. It looks as if some people are just envious of him.

1 Like

Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by tarhexxx: 11:40am On Feb 07, 2010
Leave the guy alone, He is proud of his achievements. You can't take that from him if even he can't prove anything. Am more concerned about what i can do in this world not to investigate what people have done. Medical scientist are questioning the theory that HIV causes AIDS, thats after many years of accepting the damn theory. The guy who gave and proved that theory was giving a pat on the back and was praised. Are they now crucifying him now because the theory was wrong? Instead of you developing and proving what you were born for, you sit your damn smelling ass criticising people who have the gut to come out and prove to the world that they have invented and develop something that nobody has done. Am asking you people now,what have you done that is worthy to show the world? Stop calling people fake and encourage them.

1 Like

Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by AjanleKoko: 8:06am On Feb 09, 2010
^^
I think it's got to be our African culture talking here.

When you point out contradictions or errors relating to our people, or our way of life, you hear the following:

Leave him/her/it alone! Do you think it is easy? angry

Let's support our brother jare. grin

What have you been able to do yourself? undecided

Anyways, we most definitely do not hate or envy Emeagwali. But here's the thing: We want to be accepted and regarded by the rest of the world, we play by their rules. Else we should just pack it all in.
The Asians learnt the Caucasian playbook to hear, and now they're beating those guys at their own game. Why should black people do differently?
You can't be brilliant in your own eyes only. You must be celebrated by people. And you can only earn people's respect by being truthful and upfront, rather than arrogating laurels to yourself.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by flyuche(m): 12:07pm On Feb 09, 2010
abeg make una leave mr philip alone nah, haba! busybodies. ;d
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by lekside44(m): 11:39am On Feb 11, 2010
i think this guy is not given the respect he is due for just because of his origin. this is somebody who brought about parallel processing processor architecture, the main stream of future microprocessor design. what did they do to our own chike obi, the man who solved fermats last principle. not even the likes of newton, bessel, forrrier, langrange, hammitonian, just to mention a little can solve it. neither was he given the prize tagged to the one who solved it
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by VALIDATOR: 11:50am On Apr 12, 2010
An intellectual achievement has no skin color. All that is required is that it should be real. It looks like most of naija people can't really distinguish between a movie and a documentary.
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by candylips(m): 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2010
lekside44:

i think this guy is not given the respect he is due for just because of his origin. this is somebody who brought about parallel processing processor architecture, the main stream of future microprocessor design. what did they do to our own chike obi, the man who solved fermats last principle. not even the likes of newton, bessel, forrrier, langrange, hammitonian, just to mention a little can solve it. neither was he given the prize tagged to the one who solved it

what has he done after all those inventions he made. His mates are busy discovering new stuff or using their expertise in an organization while he is busy looking for publicity and selling t-shirts on his website

1 Like

Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2010
una no dey tire!!!!!!!!

una don resurrect this thread again, we don hear, the guy na 419? or genius, personally i dont care, besides this na naija na!!! you posters no be 419?

e don do jare
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by EzeUche22(m): 3:07am On Sep 13, 2010
In my opinion, the man is the real deal. People need to stop hating on him. If former presidents can mention his name, then he is the real deal!
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by dayokanu(m): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2010
What is the truth in all of these?
Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by zoraro(m): 10:49pm On Oct 21, 2010
EzeUche22:

In my opinion, the man is the real deal. People need to stop hating on him. If former presidents can mention his name, then he is the real deal!

Are you saying that former Presidents can not be mistaken or misinformed?

1 Like

Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by defemz(m): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2010
Why are Nigerians so indolent? If truly Phillip Emegwali is not a fraud, why is it so difficult to find any of his acclaimed patents and academic papers on a thorough google search? Nigerian people should wake up and work, build a culture of truth and hardwork and stop building their castles on lies. Academics are very thorough, hardworking and proud people they will never associate themselves with fraudsters like Emegwali. If anyone still remain doubtful of these allegations, do a google search of when and where Phillip Emegwali became a Doctor or Professor, and also search for his patents and academic publications. These search will give you no relevant results. An academic with no academic papers can only come from places like Nigeria.

A government that put such a man as Phillip Emegwali on its national stamp is a reflection of a decaying and morally bankrupt nation. When there is nothing else to celebrate we celebrate decay. I really don't blame the government.

2 Likes

Re: Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? by Ugwumba(m): 7:29am On Nov 17, 2010
Vindication at last!!! Read about this fraud we knew about years ago.

http://www.saharareporters.com/article/what-philip-emeagwali-told-me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Shutting Down Via The Computer's Power Button Really Safe? / I Buy Scrap and working Laptops (exchange Your Scrap Laptop For Money? / Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.