Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? (6944 Views)

Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears / Army Detains Policemen Without Food For Refusing To Wear Military Uniform / OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by IYANGBALI: 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
GovWahala:
Dumbo! I doubt u passed common entrance exams. Asking why the grand commander of the armed forces wears a military uniform? Pls from which village are u typing this crap?
U, those supporting ur foolishness or any Nigeria should challenge him directly on why he is putting on military uniform, then u will know that the CIC is not just for paper.
e-rat how much do dey pay you. When last did you see an american president in army uniforms?I guess there in america,their president is not the CIC. Una be mumu
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by IYANGBALI: 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
slimfit1:

That uniform that he is wearing he has committed a big mistake no serving president with know military experience should wear that, him his advicers are crazy with no form brain running in their head. Obj has every right to wear it but didn't jeg has know right at all.

He his one president that would not stop embarrassing us. The military can take over power for wearing that full uniform and make excuses.

We voted for a civilian president why do we have a uniform man an imposter. He has no right what so ever to wear that uniform.
When will his advisers advise this man. C in C is just a paper name that is worth nothing. And they want us to stop insulting the president.
pls help me to enlighten those follow follow hediots
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by arewafederation: 7:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
IYANGBALI: Why does he always like to wear military uniforms at every opportunity?

He is like a kid who enjoys halloween parties.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by IYANGBALI: 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
olodoowoh: This OP must be an uneducated dimwit.
you are a twart
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by IYANGBALI: 7:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
arewafederation:

He is like a kid who enjoys halloween parties.
thank you jare
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by Pdizzle(m): 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Is this right? Pls educate me.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by fr3do(m): 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ibnsultan: backoff. Were in my post did I say he should dress like obama.

Then why did u cite obama in the first place.

You guys voluntarily orbit about people who think the world revolves around them.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by arresa: 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
It is mostly symbolic and ceremonial as the commander in chief even though many democratic presidents all over the world detests military uniforms, the current president of Nigeria bastardized the whole thing by wearing the thing to every dick and harry events.

He probably where the thing to the toilet sef...

It's just a sad case of personal insecurity and low self esteem..

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by anonimi: 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
arresa: It is mostly symbolic and ceremonial as the commander in chief even though many democratic presidents all over the world detests military uniforms, the current president of Nigeria bastardized the whole thing by wearing the thing to every dick and harry events.

Don't you think you are carrying your hatred for our President too far with these bogus lies
Softly, softly oh make dem nor go tie you for Yaba Left shocked
Me I don talk my own oh.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by EMANY01(m): 8:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
saintjoel: The idea of the Commander in Chief wearing military uniforms was inherited from the British (the British monarch, who is the Head of State and Commander in Chief,who often wears military uniforms).

At independence, Nnamdi Azikiwe reached an agreement with the armed forces that he would wear military uniforms at certain military events. All civilian heads of state of Nigeria have followed his example.

1.OBJ in a naval uniform during his tenure has President and CIC.

2. DR Nnamdi Azikiwe.

The complete answer to the Ops post.Nothing more can be added.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by arresa: 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
[s]
anonimi:

Don't you think you carrying your hatred for our President with these bogus lies
Softly, softly oh make dem nor go tie you for Yaba Left
Me I don talk my own oh.
[/s]

Trolls and Droids like you say the dumbest and unintelligent things..
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by arresa: 8:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
saintjoel: The idea of the Commander in Chief wearing military uniforms was inherited from the British (the British monarch, who is the Head of State and Commander in Chief,who often wears military uniforms).

At independence, Nnamdi Azikiwe reached an agreement with the armed forces that he would wear military uniforms at certain military events. All civilian heads of state of Nigeria have followed his example.

1.OBJ in a naval uniform during his tenure has President and CIC.

2. DR Nnamdi Azikiwe.

We understand monarchies wearing military uniforms, but how many democratically elected presidents even in commonwealth countries do you see wearing military uniforms?

It's crass and tacky..

1 Like

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
arresa: It is mostly symbolic and ceremonial as the commander in chief even though many democratic presidents all over the world detests military uniforms, the current president of Nigeria bastardized the whole thing by wearing the thing to every dick and harry events.

This is just so sad how you let your hatred for the President influence all your discussion of him. That the President wears millitary regalia at selected millitary functions is because as some have stated he's theC-i-C of the armed forces but your claim that he wears it to every tom, dick and harry event is as dubious as it's outrageous. I saw the Ceremonial Change of Guard Parade today, a millitary function but tge President was dressed in his native Niger Delta. So what the heck is your lie about.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by clem305D(m): 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
why dont you aspire to become the President someday, so you can do same...Aproko backyard
IYANGBALI: Why does he always like to wear military uniforms at every opportunity?
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by arresa: 8:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
[s]
APContherun:
This is just so sad how you let your hatred for the President influence all your discussion of him. That the President wears millitary regalia at selected millitary functions is because as some have stated he's theC-i-C of the armed forces but your claim that he wears it to every tom, dick and harry event is as dubious as it's outrageous. I saw the Ceremonial Change of Guard Parade today, a millitary function but tge President was dressed in his native Niger Delta. So what the heck is your lie about.
[/s]

Very unintelligent of you to think everything said about your president = Hate.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by saintjoel(m): 8:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
arresa:

We understand monarchies wearing military uniforms, but how many democratically elected presidents even in commonwealth countries do you see wearing military uniforms?

It's crass and tacky..

It happens in other countries and it's just for ceremonial purposes like GEJ has been doing.In this picture,we can see the SA minister for defence in a naval uniform and she's a civilian.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by saintjoel(m): 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
arresa:

It's crass and tacky..

It happens in other countries and it's just for ceremonial purposes like GEJ has been doing.In this picture,we can see the SA minister for defence (lindiwe sisulu) in a naval uniform and she's a civilian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by arresa: 8:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
saintjoel:

It happens in other countries and it's just for ceremonial purposes like GEJ has been doing.In this picture,we can see the SA minister for defence in a naval uniform and she's a civilian.

Like I asked, how many democratically elected presidents even in commonwealth countries do you see wearing military uniforms?
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by IYANGBALI: 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
clem305D: why dont you aspire to become the President someday, so you can do same...Aproko backyard
another e-rat on the loose
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by deji68: 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
The uniform fit am no be small grin grin grin grin...bad belle people cool cool cool cool cool....

1 Like

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by IYANGBALI: 8:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
arresa:

Like I asked, how many democratically elected presidents even in commonwealth countries do you see wearing military uniforms?

abeg ignore those hediots from otuoke
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by GovWahala: 8:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
IYANGBALI: e-rat how much do dey pay you. When last did you see an american president in army uniforms?I guess there in america,their president is not the CIC. Una be mumu
Dumb skull is America our standard for living in Nigeria? And when our president puts on that uniform is He breaking any law?
Pls use ur head, even if it was not equipped with a brain.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by arresa: 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
Photos : Is Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan Obsessed With Military Uniforms ?

http://www.toksdam.com/2012/10/07/photos-is-nigerian-president-goodluck-jonathan-obsessed-with-military-uniforms/

The man is obviously is obsessed with military uniforms..

OBJ is a civilian president and former army general didn't even wear military uniforms like this obsessed man..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by IYANGBALI: 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
GovWahala: Dumb skull is America our standard for living in Nigeria? And when our president puts on that uniform is He breaking any law?
hahahahahahaha now I can see how daft and dumb you are,I give up.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by IYANGBALI: 9:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
GovWahala: Dumb skull is America our standard for living in Nigeria? And when our president puts on that uniform is He breaking any law?
Photos : Is Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan Obsessed With Military Uniforms ?

http://www.toksdam.com/2012/10/07/photos-is-nigerian-president-goodluck-jonathan-obsessed-with-military-uniforms/
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by saintjoel(m): 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
arresa:

Yoweri museveni of uganda and if you care to read through my posts,putting on military uniforms didn't start with GEJ,it started with Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe signing an agreement with the military,so why are you blaming GEJ,if you become a president tomorrow,you can change the agreement.

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by IYANGBALI: 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
deji68: The uniform fit no be small grin grin grin grin...bad belle people cool cool cool cool cool....

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by GovWahala: 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
IYANGBALI: hahahahahahaha now I can see how daft and dumb you are,I give up.
U'll definitely give it up cos u are terribly dumb!
Get lost!
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by GovWahala: 9:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
IYANGBALI: Photos : Is Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan Obsessed With Military Uniforms ?

U sharing the links of u likes(dumbheads).
Weldon.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by Omololu007(m): 9:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
Symphony007: It's clownish! We get it that he is commander in chief!! But he is a CIVILIAN commander in chief. Our constitution as copied from the u.s constitution ensured "civilian control of the military"...it's ridiculous seeing a man that has never served a day in the armed forces playing dress up with funny looking medals, it blurs the line between our military and civilian president. We have a lot of commanders in chief in africa, zuma, mahama,kagame,etc even al sisi of egypt who was a field marshall but now a civilian president of egypt he has gotten rid of his uniform, even quasi dictator robert mugabe has never worn a uniform, it's ridiculous and it should stop.
alsisi was not a field marshall(5 star general),he was a general(4 star general).
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by IYANGBALI: 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
GovWahala:
U sharing the links of u likes(dumbheads).
Weldon.
no be only me waka come according to una sister grin
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by IYANGBALI: 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
GovWahala:
U'll definitely give it up cos u are terribly dumb!
Get lost!
you have earned your pay for today now go and meet okupe or reuben your boss to pay you. My regards to your masters tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BIAFRAN DAY: Gov Rochas Okorocha Says Biafra Can Not Rise Again / Wale Oladipo Writes Appeal Court President Over Ondo Election / Lagos Is Owing N124b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.