Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? (53151 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why / Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by databoy247(m): 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
I have often been in hot conversations with other peeps, and most of them sound like it's a taboo to get married to a lady who has a child (maybe out of wedlock). It's usually cool when they as guys having one or two kids wants a lady to get married to them but when its the reverse, na war.

Wat's behind this mentality? And are single unmarried ladies who already have a child actually "bad" like the society paint the picture? Am not a traditionalist so i really dont discriminate but my peeps sometimes see me as someone who have "lost it" cos i dont see anything wrong with single ladies (with a kid). Your views pls....

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
Big turn off.

How did the kid (or should I say the "singleness" )come about in the first place? undecided

If the father of the child is still alive then I see no reason for them all not to be "together".

23 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Safari29: 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
hmm dating a single mother is so easy and u Wd enjoy it in the short run. But marrying a single mother needs maturity no be beans. U ll face alot of challenges. alot of things u can't take. Most single mothers are not loyal. if shes the outgoing type u break her heart she leaves in a giffy. I once dated one with marriage prospect. all her friends are guys I knew we won't last

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
At least it shows her fertility, how do you explain a lady who had had several unprotected intimacy not having a baby, it's either she's done abortions or she's infertile, either way what's d assurance she'd be able to conceive when married /
yes of course, i can ...cool

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by happykidArotiba(m): 7:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
with Love? I can.

21 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by dhardline(m): 7:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
Its still ok to marry a lady who already has a child,those who dont have yet do you know how many abortions(murder)they have committed?no body holy pass.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
It takes pure strong love to be able to do that. I don't see anything wrong in it though.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
Yes I can

If it's my baby.

42 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Pdizzle(m): 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
Fertility is the only advantage, too many cons, i can't.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
It takes a matured man to marry a single mother, unfortunately there aren't many of them out there.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
[size=70pt]No[/size]

29 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by galadima77(m): 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
krall: Big turn off.

How did the kid come about in the first place?

Nna see WAEC question... stumbled and fell on someone's dik..

on a more serious note...some after one can be stunning sha.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ideology(m): 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
happykidArotiba: with Love? I can.
Mondisweets: It takes a matured man to marry a single mother, unfortunately there aren't many of them out there.
MzPreshie: It takes pure strong love to be able to do that. I don't see anything wrong in it though.

Really love your response pals, now I know lots of folks do understand what love is. cool

Love says i choose this is who I wanna spend the rest of my life with.
Maturity also has a role to play.

But Generally it depends, if the child was out of wedlock it would be a little bit challenging, but Love covers all things.

I'll definitely marry her kiss if she fits my dream wife

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by tosyne2much(m): 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mondisweets: It takes a matured man to marry a single mother, unfortunately there aren't many of them out there.
broda, I don't call it MATURITY, I call it CHOICE.. However, we all have our choices.. For the fact that getting acquinted to a single mother is a turn off for you dsnt make you immature

19 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
tosyne2much: broda, I don't call it MATURITY, I call it CHOICE.. However, we all have our choices.. For the fact that getting acquinted to a single is a turn off for you dsnt make you immature
it does even if you tell yourself its not. Its the same as saying a woman who thinks a guys who isn't rich is a turn off, is mature enough to know the qualities that make up a good husband.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by happykidArotiba(m): 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
ideology:

Really love your response pals, now I know lots of folks do understand what love is. cool

Love says i choose, this is who I wanna spend the rest of my life with.

But Generally it depends, if the child was out of wedlock it would be a little bit challenging, but Love covers all things.

I'll definitely marry her kiss
yhyh! u av an experience??

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
NO I cannot.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ideology(m): 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
happykidArotiba: yhyh! u av an experience??
Kikikikikioioiki, can't say its from experience, just my thoughts

#Am ideology cool
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by happykidArotiba(m): 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
ideology:
Kikikikikioioiki, can't say its from experience, just my thoughts

#Am ideology cool
Yhyh. I'm Happiness grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ideology(m): 10:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
happykidArotiba: Yhyh. I'm Happiness grin
Good to know, nice meeting you … cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by djeezy(m): 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
No I cannot.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Safari29: 11:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
ideology:

Love says i choose, this is who I wanna spend the rest of my life with.

I'll definitely marry her kiss

my friend think about it. Again think deep about it. It is difficult. It is not meant for a young guy. Am talking from experience. U are going to be third on her priority list. U are definately going to marry her with her kid. her kid must like you. You are going to make her happy almost every time because if u don't u ll be resented. if she is smarter than you pls forget it. most of them are pathetic because of their past and dont have a heart. If she is supportive and u know genuinely that she loves u (not just I love u I love you too)then I wish u the best. I know you have butterfly in ur tommy now wait till you guys are in bad terms. then u know if she really loves u or not

32 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
Safari29: hmm dating a single mother is so easy and u Wd enjoy it in the short run. But marrying a single mother needs maturity no be beans. U ll face alot of challenges. alot of things u can't take. Most single mothers are not loyal. if shes the outgoing type u break her heart she leaves in a giffy. I once dated one with marriage prospect. all her friends are guys I knew we won't last
do you normally stay where someone breaks your heart?

9 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ericessien24: 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
HELL NO, it disgust me a lot cos il be imagining the reason she is not with her man,baby daddy,

will she leave me too
most of them are dirty
imagine small me being step father
the real daddy will come for his baby after youv spent all ur life on the baby
will she still not be loving the baby daddy.

I have a lot to consider.I can't even try it.if she lies and I marry her even after 20 yrs il stil leave her.

14 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by dmz(m): 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
Makes no difference to me. As long as there is no serious complications with the baby daddy. Respect for people who don't take the easy way out (abortion).

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ideology(m): 11:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
Safari29:

my friend think about it. Again think deep about it. It is difficult. It is not meant for a young guy. Am talking from experience. U are going to be third on her priority list. U are definately going to marry her with her kid. her kid must like you. You are going to make her happy almost every time because if u don't u ll be resented. if she is smarter than you pls forget it. most of them are pathetic because of their past and dont have a heart. If she is supportive and u know genuinely that she loves u (not just I love u I love you too)then I wish u the best. I know you have butterfly in ur tommy now wait till you guys are in bad terms. then u know if she really loves u or not

I understand your views but Let's get some facts clear,

1. all women are not the same. There are still modest and humble ones out there wink
2. Your experience can't be mine
3. In areas of relationships with the kids and family lots of maturity will have to come into play.

4. I clearly understand the possible challenges, and

if I marry one, I know the lady(family members and kids ) am getting married to and I know the possible challenges and how best to handle them.

I love kids, and I sure do know they will like me
too.
Except the lady has attitude issues, when I shower liquid love on her, she will amazed and will respond accordingly like magic

whether single mother or single lady if you get married to the wrong person you will have crisis to face

I don't discriminate anyone for any reason.
Just know what you want, (right values) stand your grounds.

Have made lots of weird decisions, but they all turn out to be right in a long run.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by jmoore(m): 12:08am On Oct 02, 2014
Yes, I can marry her if she is still a virgin.

15 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by tayoxx(m): 1:00am On Oct 02, 2014
yes...I have no problem with that...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by databoy247(m): 3:46am On Oct 02, 2014
wow.....lotsa comments. Where are the ladies naw? grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Jarchi(m): 4:57am On Oct 02, 2014
krall: Big turn off.
How did the kid come about in the first place?
No No No Yes,my yes is of 25percent xcept on reasonable ground,but why can't they marry the fada's child is still my question
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Azazi(m): 5:45am On Oct 02, 2014
NAH

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by soloxxng: 5:46am On Oct 02, 2014
Hell NO

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Caught Romancing A Female Statue (Photos, Video) / Pre-wedding Photos Of Oyinbo Man & His Igbo Bride In Traditional Attires / The Guys I Like Vs The Guys That Like Me (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.