Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is (11610 Views)

Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? / Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Does He/she Do? / Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by femmy2010(m): 9:23am On Oct 02, 2014
Don't know my LG chairman nor Councillor .
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2014
Functions of the LGA

(a) Responsibility for basic environmental sanitation and other aspects of preventive health services;
(b) Administration of maternity centres, dispensaries and leprosy clinics and Health Centres;
(c) Construction and maintenance of roads and drains, excluding federal and state roads; (That dirty gutter you jump everyday to work, do you realize there's a body responsible to clean it up?)
(d) Jurisdiction over local inland waterways not designated as international water ways;
(e) Rural water supply and extension of urban water supply;
(f) Construction, and maintenance of primary schools;
(g) Agriculture and veterinary extension services;
(h) Town Planning;
(i) Care of markets, motor parks, and gardens;
(j) Maintenance of law and order; and
(k) Afforestation.

The Local Government should, in addition, provide:
i) Inspection of meat and abattoirs
ii) Nursery, primary and adult-education
iii) Information and public enlightenment
iv) Scholarships and bursaries
v) Public libraries and reading rooms
vi) Agricultural and animal health extension services and
veterinary clinics.
vii) Fire services
viii) Lighting and drainage
ix) Support for arts and culture
x) Control of pollution
xi) Control of beggars and prostitution,
xii) Homes for destitute, the infirm and orphans
xiii) Public utilities including road and water transport
xiv) Public housing programmes
xv) Regulation and control of buildings
xvi) Town and country planning
xvii) Operations of commercial undertakings
xviii) Control of traffic and parking
xix) Pipe sewerage systems

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Youngsage: 9:39am On Oct 02, 2014
Yes, I know mine
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by 9jatatafo(m): 9:39am On Oct 02, 2014
My local government chairman is not working so there is no point knowing him or her. We don't have roads, we contribute money to grade our roads, no water as we strive hard to drill borehole. I don't give a damn about the name.
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by priscaoge(f): 9:56am On Oct 02, 2014
The dude is not doing anything,knowing his name is needless undecided undecided
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by mesoade(m): 9:59am On Oct 02, 2014
yousee:
Why should a sitting governor change LGA chairmen? Is this post now an appointment or is it constitutionally described as an elective position?

And some funny people will describe Mimiko as the "embodiment of democracy"

Bloody hypocrites
so,what's your post incinuating,can't decipher it and which LGA ar u from?
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 02, 2014
dramaticspeak: I am not a politician but follow my discuss carefully. We keep blaming jonathan for little things around us. Pot hole on our street, trash not taken care of, bad water etc meanwhile we have local government chairmen who are suppose to handle such issues but we ignore them. If I ask, how may of you will come out and vote for the local government elections I ll see very few pple. I asked a man of recent who resides in mushin who his local govenment chairman is and he didn't know. He doesn't even know tat his chairman lives in ikoyi. We keep ignoring this people. Today they start as rats eating paper, tomorrow they become grass cutter eating cardboard, its when they become lions eating iron that we cry out. I am just creating the awareness. The floor is now open to contributions and bull shits from funny people

No. I don't. I have not been to my Local government for over 6 years. I would have been more if not that we had to travel to do a traditional marriage.

But I have been to my foreign government and I know all the officials there. From the chairman to the gateman.
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 02, 2014
dramaticspeak: I am not a politician but follow my discuss carefully. We keep blaming jonathan for little things around us. Pot hole on our street, trash not taken care of, bad water etc meanwhile we have local government chairmen who are suppose to handle such issues but we ignore them. If I ask, how may of you will come out and vote for the local government elections I ll see very few pple. I asked a man of recent who resides in mushin who his local govenment chairman is and he didn't know. He doesn't even know tat his chairman lives in ikoyi. We keep ignoring this people. Today they start as rats eating paper, tomorrow they become grass cutter eating cardboard, its when they become lions eating iron that we cry out. I am just creating the awareness. The floor is now open to contributions and bull shits from funny people

No. I don't. I have not been to my Local government for over 6 years. It would have been more if not that we had to travel to do a traditional marriage.

But I have been to my foreign government and I know all the officials there. From the chairman to the gateman.
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 02, 2014
9jatatafo: My local government chairman is not working so there is no point knowing him or her. We don't have roads, we contribute money to grade our roads, no water as we strive hard to drill borehole. I don't give a damn about the name.

You sound like the olden days easterner. I remember us doing that but as a member of foreign government, I don't know if they still do that.
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 02, 2014
In my area our local chairman is anyone/ thief who like to sit on a local chair.
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by coolbayo: 10:11am On Oct 02, 2014
aka ajifat
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by coolbayo: 10:14am On Oct 02, 2014
if my local government chairman ,noting he do ,and he want contest for 2 term
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by obagangan: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2014
Yea I no mine. J.J jimoh. Send on stupid things though

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Geek007: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2014

Why do people just come on nairaland and chat rubbish. you claim to be a politican and live in mushin. I dont live in mushin and i can tell you that Mushin Local Govt Chairman does not stay in Ikoyi. He and his family lives in my estate on the mainland. No wonder alot of people are complaining about the quality of ppl that post stuffs on Nairaland these days.
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by DIYTechnologies: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2014
For where? I only heard about him in the news last week that the Kogi state house of assembly have concluded plans to impeach him for financial misappropriation. Lol
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 02, 2014
Amusaopeyemi: Ikorodu North
Adeola Jokomba.

Brilliant, I'm loving u more and I'm afraid, there's no way u can 'avoid' being my 3rd wife after mama Akin.
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Starieangel(f): 10:36am On Oct 02, 2014
The chairman of d lcd where I reside is bibire....shikena!
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by obomobo: 11:08am On Oct 02, 2014
i no sabi am
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by sohl7(m): 11:24am On Oct 02, 2014
tempem: hope he hasn't been sharing the curses with you guys?
no,he kinda feel on top for some time now,but he is aspiring for the HoR and he is trying to come close again.but i doubt if the electorates will give him their vote again,tho he is well connected
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by thewarrior72: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2014
Some LG chairman are elected to foresee the collection of lg levy & dues and subsequently use the money to organise party, like oshodi isolo chairman Ariyo & his predecessor undecided
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Isiterere(m): 11:53am On Oct 02, 2014
slimmy05: You need to stop exposing your bossom
femi4: You just derail the thread with your breas.t!
Wetin I wan type before sef?
slimmy05: You need to stop exposing your bossom
why don't you ignore the messenger and focus on the message.
Btw, what are you guys looking for on her profile , the last time I checked she's an adult ...

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Merlissa(f): 11:55am On Oct 02, 2014
I don't know him, but all I know is that he steals money!

Roads are so bad that it takes me an hour from Adelabu to Aguda!!!

He is just there to eat money!
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by holdit: 12:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
I don't know his name ooo.....
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Dsegsam(m): 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
mesoade: In my own local govt. My state governor is changing the LGA chairman like the diapers of a new born baby . . In the 5 years he's used,5 LGA chairman has served in my LGA(ILAJE LGA,ONDO STATE).And d LGA chairman knwing dey have limited time in the office will only source for ways to extort money or be fraudulent,so i don't have time cramming the name of them angry

Wat about igebekebo...ese odo....??mimiko nah yeye man his gonna be flushed out soon..
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by mesoade(m): 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
Dsegsam:

Wat about igebekebo...ese odo....??mimiko nah yeye man his gonna be flushed out soon..
So this is how mimiko has been changing LGA chairmen like bedsheet in all other local govts.

Soon khe?,that man go finish im tenure.
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by karpentar: 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
FFKfuckedBIANCA: ... and her bre.ast is even flat sef. Mtcheeeew

I love the bre'ast as it is. What matters to me are the nipples not how or big or small. Infact small ones seem to have bigger nipples..I love it!!
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Kirinwa: 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
He should be the one to know me if he actually wants to progress in politics.
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Kirinwa: 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
karpentar:

I love the bre'ast as it is. What matters to me are the nipples not how or big or small. Infact small ones seem to have bigger nipples..I love it!!

Are you people sharing bweast here?

Where is my own National cake sorry bweast?
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by Actionleap: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
This is the major problem of Nigeria! How can Nigerians think it's the FG that will provide roads for them in their locality? We all focus our attention on the FG, thereby losing focus of the real govt that should serve us. How can Lagos state govt complain about the FG when most roads in Lagos are state roads and are filled with pot holes and craters? Just drive round from Ikeja to Ogba, to Agege, to Ipaja (those people are in hell), Apapa, Okokomaiko, Onipanu, Ikorodu, etc and see the deplorable state of our state roads. Most local govt chairmen don't live in their locality. In the northern part of Nigeria, the LG chairmen and officials only show up when it's time to share allocation...
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by herald9: 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
Lolz. undecided

We don't know him here...

People are known by their good works

How will we know him when he only appears when there's Money to be shared?
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by abbakacici: 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
i don't know the name of my local government Chairaman but I know the name of my yard councillor, and the reason is that he has being contesting since 2003 but keep on losing but he finally won in 2013 after 10 years. more so he drop out from his mechanical engineering degree with an ok CGPA (2.9) in 2003 to contest counselorship election, the reason i remember this is because is the first time i heard of CGPA because i was just in JSS one then
Re: Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is by MilitaryMinded(m): 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
Even tho my LGA has been in the news for over 6 months due to the fact that 276 school girls were kidnapped there, I have no idea who the chairman is.......nor do I want to know sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Now Let's Compare GEJ Campaign Speech With That Of GMB / No MDA Exempted From TSA, Osinbajo Insists / Senate Alleges Fresh $1.15bn Illegal Withdrawals From NLNG Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.