Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National (1134 Views)

Possible Locations Of Chibok Girls Identified - Nigeria Air Force / US Ebola Patient, Thomas Eric Duncan, Vomited 'all Over The Place' - Witness / Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by Joel3(m): 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
U.S. Ebola Patient Identified as Liberian.

National Officials Are Monitoring 12 to 18 People Who May Have Come Into Contact, Including 5 Children Updated Oct. 1, 2014 3:01 p.m. ET

From Ebola First Case in U.S. Confirmed 5 Things.

The patient with Ebola in Dallas was identified Wednesday as Thomas Eric Duncan, a Liberian by nationality, according to an acquaintance of the
sick man and a Liberian government official. The acquaintance, who asked not to be identified, said Mr. Duncan would travel "every so often" to
the U.S. from Liberia to visit friends and was familiar to some Liberians living in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

The acquaintance confirmed reports that Mr. Duncan grew ill, went the hospital last Friday and left after being given medicine. Mr. Duncan's symptoms didn't go away, the
acquaintance said, and health officials said he returned to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital on
Sunday—this time by ambulance.

Liberian Information Minister Lewis Brown confirmed Mr. Duncan's nationality, but said he didn't have additional details on him. The patient
left Liberia aboard a Brussels Airlines NV flight that transited through the Belgian capital.

Speaking at a news conference on Wednesday, Mark Lester, an official with the Dallas hospital's parent company, explained how the patient was sent home after he first visited the Dallas hospital, complaining of fever and abdominal pain.

When asked questions by a nurse who was following an Ebola checklist implemented by the hospital, the
patient said he had traveled to Africa, Dr. Lester said.

But he said the information obtained by the nurse was "regretfully" not fully communicated to the entire clinical team who cared for the patient during his first visit.

The patient later returned to the hospital on Sunday and was then recognized as a possible Ebola case and placed in isolation. Dr. Edward Goodman, an epidemiologist with the
Dallas hospital, said he believed there is "little likelihood" any hospital staff were exposed to the virus.

During the time before Mr. Duncan was admitted to the hospital, he possibly came in contact with five
children in Dallas, ranging from elementary to high-school age, as well as other members of the patient's family, local officials said at a news conference Wednesday.

Local officials were monitoring between 12 and 18 close contacts of the patient, including the five children who had been ordered to stay at home, said Christopher Perkins, the Dallas County Health and Human Services Medical Director/Health
Authority.

Dr. Perkins said the children hadn't been quarantined. As of yet, none of those suspected of coming into
contact with Mr. Duncan has exhibited symptoms of Ebola, officials indicated. The five children who have been ordered to stay at home did attend school earlier this week, according to Mike Miles, the Superintendent of the Dallas
Independent School District.

But he emphasized the students haven't yet demonstrated symptoms of Ebola, and so they were believed to have posed no threat to their fellow students. He said additional
health care professionals will be on site at the schools to monitor students and extra custodial staff had been dispatched to clean the schools.
"It's business as usual," Mr. Miles said.

Www.wicmedia.com/viewtopic.php?pid=404
Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by Mologi(m): 11:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
ok.......Ebola you are welcom to obodo oyibo.... tongue

1 Like

Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by Mayydayy(m): 11:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
weather in Africa or America.this disease is never good for anyone.not the kind of thing anyone should wish an enemy.total global eradication is the only way.

2 Likes

Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by lonelydora: 12:08am On Oct 02, 2014
US can never accept something bad as theirs.

1 Like

Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by MrKnowitall: 12:46am On Oct 02, 2014
lonelydora: US can never accept something bad as theirs.

Are you retarrded or something? Why do you have to talk like an iimbecile? the article says the man travels

"every so often" to the U.S. from Liberia to visit friends"

why should the U.S accept a Liberian national at theirs?

Your internet access should be restricted to just p0rnography websites.

Stick to your dirty movies and leave sensible information to inttelegent people, please.
Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by Zakkyoz: 1:17am On Oct 02, 2014
this is not funny again. that must be the reincarnated Patrick Sawyer.

1 Like

Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by publicenemy(m): 1:27am On Oct 02, 2014
liberians spreading Ebola like "the word of God" since 1930.

1 Like

Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by ROCKJ1(m): 2:41am On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall:

Are you retarrded or something? Why do you have to talk like an iimbecile? the article says the man travels

Stick to your dirty movies and leave sensible information to inttelegent people, please.
can't you make your point clearly without being rude?

3 Likes

Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by MrKnowitall: 2:57am On Oct 02, 2014
ROCKJ1: can't you make your point clearly without being rude?

Yes I can.
Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by niggereyez(f): 3:17am On Oct 02, 2014
hmnn. IMO... this is an act of desperation by the liberian government. . deliberately 'sharing' ebola to major cities in order to attract more international help. lipsrsealed
Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by 2cato: 3:34am On Oct 02, 2014
The death of my fellow man sadding me. Though the usa govt are very wicked and irresponsible i wish them speedy recovery.

1 Like

Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by McWhillion(m): 6:41am On Oct 02, 2014
niggereyez: hmnn. IMO... this is an act of desperation by the liberian government. . deliberately 'sharing' ebola to major cities in order to attract more international help. lipsrsealed
Very possible
Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 02, 2014
Liberians- sharing Ebola Virus like no man's business.
Ebola,welcome to America!

God bless Nigeria!
Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 02, 2014
2cato: The death of my fellow man sadding me. Though the usa govt are very wicked and irresponsible i wish them speedy recovery.
where did you pull that line from?
Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 02, 2014
I have started avoiding all my liberian friends angry

Liberia to china next?? undecided
Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by lonelydora: 8:14am On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall:

And you think you are one of those sensible ones? I blame the woman that gave birth to you.
Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by Tintinix: 8:32am On Oct 02, 2014
I listened to the CNN anchor who was reporting on this breaking news say she had also returned from Liberia where she and her crew covered the epidemic and while leaving Liberia and entering the country the US, she didn't feel the measures put in place were adequate.

You could feel the palpable fear in Rosemary Church and co, the discussion now is focusing on how to control in-flights from West Africa, meanwhile there was a gross negligence in the Hospital;

The Liberian feel sick, went to the clinic, answered truthfully that he had visited West Africa, however "Regretfully" the information was not acted upon.
Whereas in our case a midst the denial from Sawyer, plus intentionally infecting his carers, God who is 100% a Nigerian came to our rescue......

My thoughts and Prayers and gratitude is to the Most High God, and His Children who paid the highest sacrifice to keep this disease from spreading.

Also Fashola, who wants his reward of thank you here, and the Federal Government, the Minister and Ministry of Health.Well done everyone.....

Maybe the Ebola conversation will take another dimension.... with the vaccine made available in the next 1 week and not January 2015 when an estimated 1.2 Million Africans are expected to have been infected.
Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 02, 2014
Liberians are bent on spreading ebola all over the world! Duncan is Patrick Slayer the second.

The way to treat these Liberians is to quarantine all Liberian travellers for 21days on arrival at every port. That way, whatever they are carrying can't be passed on to innocent people.

*but these people too were careless sha*
Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by Joel3(m): 10:46am On Oct 02, 2014
candy: Liberians are bent on spreading ebola all over the world! Duncan is Patrick Slayer the second.

The way to treat these Liberians is to quarantine all Liberian travellers for 21days on arrival at every port. That way, whatever they are carrying can't be passed on to innocent people.

*but these people too were careless sha*
i think that will be too hash.
Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 02, 2014
Joel3: i think that will be too hash.
You are right;sounds harsh...but innocent, ebola-free Nigerians face harsh conditions and discrimination at entry ports. It's for the good of everybody-the end justifies the means.
Re: US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 02, 2014
This ebola of a thing is scary.It reminds me of that movie 'Resident evil'.

(1) (Reply)

Hiv Or Suicide? Choose One... / How 300 Nigerian Soldiers Left Their Post To Hide In Cameroon / Will Buhari Run Again In 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.