Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. (41874 Views)

Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication / Medication For Vaginal Itching? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by Nobody: 1:03am On Nov 02, 2014
I also suffered athsma attacks, when a Doctor recommended the TREVO health supplement to me. I started taking it as directed and till date I hardly battle with the attacks, don't remember the last time I used the inhaler I am free now and I would like anyone suffering from the same issue to get the supplement and start taking it, watch yourself become free like me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 02, 2014
moderators, please hide those silly MLM, gnld and snake oil adverts and ban the spammers.

This topic is a homepage worthy topic, do the needful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by LizNaira: 7:11am On Nov 02, 2014
did you know drinking strong coffee can relax your chest muscles during an attack. I usually do this when I can't find my inhaler! grin
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by kristen12(f): 9:38am On Nov 02, 2014
mordtonia:
I also suffered athsma attacks, when a Doctor recommended the TREVO health supplement to me. I started taking it as directed and till date I hardly battle with the attacks, don't remember the last time I used the inhaler I am free now and I would like anyone suffering from the same issue to get the supplement and start taking it, watch yourself become free like me.
How much is it??
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by kristen12(f): 9:42am On Nov 02, 2014
drered:
oral salbutamol (tablet) does not prevent attacks per se and it isn't advisable you take it routinely to prevent tolerance .. Try and stick to your inhaler and see how that goes. If you use your inhaler more than two days a week then your asthma is poorly controlled and your therapy would have to be re-evaluated. If you want to to stay symptom free then there are steroid + LABA combinations that will keep u symptom free and prevent worsening of your asthma.
Tell me about the steriod and Laba combination
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by drered(m): 10:17am On Nov 02, 2014
kristen12:

Tell me about the steriod and Laba combination
Brand names of LABA+steroid combination are symbicort and advair.. It is a controller therapy that you inhale once a day everyday to prevent attacks.. Its advantage is it is more effective than increasing the dose of either a steroid or b2 agonist( salbutamol, terbutaline) when you have frequent exacerbations of asthma.. It prevents attacks and also help manage some complications of asthma.. It is a combination of a low-medium dose steroid and its local action in the lungs via inhalation results in a lower incidence of side effect when compared to oral therapy.. A common side effect of taking this though is oral thrush/candidiasis which can easily be prevented by gargling warm water after each dose.. You should check with a GOOD doctor before starting therapy though..
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by justfree1(m): 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
too shameful you are being biased and cynical about the whole issue undecided. But she was just sharing her testimony na, I pray you don't experience such life taking ailments before you know that ignorance is shameful in what is gainful. If i were you, I'd rather make my own research before jumping into conclusion.
lomomike:
moderators, please hide those silly MLM, gnld and snake oil adverts and ban the spammers.

This topic is a homepage worthy topic, do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by stonemind(f): 12:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
x
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by ochardbaby(m): 12:52pm On Nov 02, 2014
kennygee:
Okay, Been living with this menace since i was six years old and i have transitioned from Ventolin tablets to Franol, now i use Perilon tablets.

I have gone between Ventolin Inhaler to Seretide and back to Ventolin.

My experience with Ventolin Inhaler is that it makes me so dependent on it.

Does anyone experience this?

Its hard to believe,but Ganja is the best medicine for Asthma ....all you need is boil it for like 25 minutes ....take half cup daily. By second week please post your response here.

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by mary84(f): 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
Although am not ashmatic but have friends that are and I think they are able to co-op, know what causes their reactions and allergy so U too can do the same nothing pays than living a drug free life even if it will be administered once a while
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by jude33084(m): 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
kennygee:

Lwkmd. Many people are ignorant of asthma, dome think it is contagious, someone once asked me if I could have sex. I was so shocked my mouth dropped opened. He thought I could get attacks when in getting intimate.

Why didn't you invite him for a trial? undecided

My cousin lost her son to Asthma. sad
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by heykims(m): 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
drered:
Yeah.. You'll be predisposed if you have a family history of asthma..
family history of atopy actually
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by Gorgeous58(f): 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
Following...
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by ababanwoke(m): 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
Stay away from an environment that is contaminated with snipper spray those damage ur respiratory tract and also damped room with mucor as a result of Poor ventilation,reduce the dependence on steriods pls use ventolin. I am a victim

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by harryfish(f): 1:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
mordtonia:
Pls how much is the TREVO? My younger sister is asthmatic. And she uses franol ventolin inhaler. The inhaler normally last her one to two weeks. We have even tried different traditional procedures yet nnone worked. I think it has even caused her sleep apnea. We are looking for a way she can become less dependent on the inhaler. My cousin who is asthmatic but has stopped using the inhaler could not tell us what she did.
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by doctorbabs(m): 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
Get coconut water of ragolis size and grind Alum of one table spoon mix them together and start taking it after three days. By the grace of God u will not have any attack again. if it works for you. give testimony on this forum. may God heal us all.
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by otokx(m): 1:24pm On Nov 02, 2014
Its not easy, a lot of factors can trigger an attack, the key is to avoid them as much as possible. Presently use the ventolin inhaler made in pakistan and Asmanol tablets made in Nigeria. Piriton comes in once a while rarely while prednisolone is used maybe 1x in 6 months. Have stopped aminophyline injections which we used to mix with hydrocortisone no thanks to having a nebulizer. At the height of the asthma attacks then no other sickness came near my body which made me kinda wonder. It was so bad then that during my ssce id write paper 1 have an attack go get the injections and then go back for paper 2.

With better medical care and also knowledge, Asthma is not a fatal sickness; looking forward to seeing a permanent cure for it.

2 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by fr3do(m): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2014
I was using Dimethyl Napthalene but it gives me hiccups, now I use Dichloro Diphenyl Toluene.
grin
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by Arysexy(m): 1:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
drered:
Brand names of LABA+steroid combination are symbicort and advair.. It is a controller therapy that you inhale once a day everyday to prevent attacks.. Its advantage is it is more effective than increasing the dose of either a steroid or b2 agonist( salbutamol, terbutaline) when you have frequent exacerbations of asthma.. It prevents attacks and also help manage some complications of asthma.. It is a combination of a low-medium dose steroid and its local action in the lungs via inhalation results in a lower incidence of side effect when compared to oral therapy.. A common side effect of taking this though is oral thrush/candidiasis which can easily be prevented by gargling warm water after each dose.. You should check with a GOOD doctor before starting therapy though..

Please throw more light on the oral thrush/candidiasis stuff.

I had symptoms of asthma last two years and was placed on duovent inhaler (steroid), before it was confirmed not to be asthma but respiratory infection (inflammation of bronchial walls) treated with antibiotics and got well.

I noticed when I was using d inhaler I added weight tremendously but after it was diagnosed not to be asthma and I stopped using d inhaler, I have been having discomfort in the throat, could it be a side effect of puffing in d duovent Inhaler?
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by Airhix(m): 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
Plsssss admin ! Let this post be given a pass ! Its so sad 4 me that at this age many persons suffers from this disease ! I wanna help any person interested out ! So that it becomes history that you once suffered from this condition ! Plsss don't manage it , so you don't end up paSsing it to your children ! Call me 07067417516.
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by Softmojo(m): 1:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
Please stay away from PERILON Tabs and other corticosteroids. These drugs have terrible withdrawal symptoms and you would wish you never started using them in the first place.
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by sunsky29(m): 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
as for me......i bin dey for one public transport so for ph....we cum reach that airforce hold up for dis hot sun....d holdup no gree move,,,,,,,na so one passenger messsss.......omo see smell....na so i kari get asthma till the air clear....but i bin don gv one gal asthma bfor......i bin dey come bk frm wrk.....i enter keke,,,,as d keke dey move na so mess cum out frm my backsyd,,,,omo n na 4 eggs i chop dt day o.....d keke man never move reach half slf na so d smell discharge one gal frm d keke...omo me sef cum dey form" na who mess here na'
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by Lilprincey(m): 1:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
Asthma is very terrible. If it starts and you don't have an inhaler or ur drugs by urside, u feel like dying (speaking 4rm experience) but thank God 4 jesus christ. I don't experience it again

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by khemisty(f): 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
The inhaler I bought since April dis year, I haven't touch it, dunno ow d asthma left me, I fry, heat oil, perceive fuel and no attack, and it started with me when I was in SS 2, I think mine is a change of environment or God just said time up.

6 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by sapien(m): 1:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
I have been a chronic asthmatic patient since age 5.
I have got no other drug I take to douse fists of attack than FRANOL.

My system is already used to the drug.
By the way, Kennygee, how efficacious is that PERINOL drug?
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by WASMOG(m): 2:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
I was diagnose with asthma but it hasn't reach the stage of using inhaler though Im always careful not to pull the trigger AV not experience it for over 1 month now pls does it mean am free from asthma
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by sapien(m): 2:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
mordtonia:
How can one get the TREVO health supplement? Is it available in all pharmacies across the Nation?
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by ideepaul: 2:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
Franol is not an option for me, it worsens the condition. I am better of with Aminophiline and predosoline(I no go spelling school o) and so happy it doesn't hit so regularly...those times when I would go for exams without reading,just lucky I had friendly lecturers and coursemate
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by tonte(m): 2:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
In my case, I think I outgrew it, because i had chronic bouts in my secondary school days, but now I've hardly had to use them, I just buy a new inhaler whenever winter is approaching and I use it to avert the symptoms, my trigger was usually coughing that can arise from intense laughter, I even smoke every now and then, mostly socially tho, and I've had no issue, so I just think either I outgrew it, or somehow I was miraculously healed from chronic attacks,

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by olasmith10(m): 2:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
d experience sometimes can be very annoying.. at times, wen I laugh so hard, I get an attack.. but anyway, knowing d trigger effects has helped me so much coupled with d fact dat am a paramedic..
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by Switcommy(f): 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hmmm...
otokx:
Its not easy, a lot of factors can trigger an attack, the key is to avoid them as much as possible. Presently use the ventolin inhaler made in pakistan and Asmanol tablets made in Nigeria. Piriton comes in once a while rarely while prednisolone is used maybe 1x in 6 months. Have stopped aminophyline injections which we used to mix with hydrocortisone no thanks to having a nebulizer. At the height of the asthma attacks then no other sickness came near my body which made me kinda wonder. It was so bad then that during my ssce id write paper 1 have an attack go get the injections and then go back for paper 2.

With better medical care and also knowledge, Asthma is not a fatal sickness; looking forward to seeing a permanent cure for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 10 State With The Highest HIV Rate In Nigeria / South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries / Her Smile After A Successful Dental Re-arrangement Is Quite Adorable - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.