Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,252 members, 7,807,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Why Do Some People Remember/call On God When The Bad Things Happen? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some People Remember/call On God When The Bad Things Happen? (2035 Views)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / 10 Bad Things Nigerian Christian Youths Do In Church / "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some People Remember/call On God When The Bad Things Happen? by YinkaGal(f): 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2006
I've Noticed in some people who do this and claim to be Christians. When all the good happens they don't remember God, vice-versa they surely do.
Re: Why Do Some People Remember/call On God When The Bad Things Happen? by needeeg(m): 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2006
he's the only one that can help at that moment that u need help gurl cheesy
Re: Why Do Some People Remember/call On God When The Bad Things Happen? by Drusilla(f): 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2006
Yinkagirl,

The bible says that people would call on God in their day of trouble.

One should have sense enough to repent every once in a while, even if a little trouble had to be thrown your way to get you to do it.

I think. Smile.
Re: Why Do Some People Remember/call On God When The Bad Things Happen? by kiki(f): 9:43pm On Jul 30, 2006
because it is the only thing or person they can turn at that moment they just ain't got no choice. Almost everyone does dis and its really bad i ain''t gon lie but i do it 2
Re: Why Do Some People Remember/call On God When The Bad Things Happen? by diddy4(m): 12:02am On Jul 31, 2006
cuzz they know He is there and they pretend he aint. when yawa strikes they call on HIm to save them.
Re: Why Do Some People Remember/call On God When The Bad Things Happen? by buchio7(m): 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2006
dey do so in the belief dat God does not judge there past but promises redemption for dem as long as dey come to him for the future. It is completely human nature, we tend to find solace more wit ppl dat dont judge us but who accept us irrespective of our past inadequacies. Mind you God does nt mind how many times you come to Him for help as long as in your heart you believe in His ability to carry you when things go bad.
Re: Why Do Some People Remember/call On God When The Bad Things Happen? by Softee(f): 2:16pm On Aug 03, 2006
I do this. I call on God when times are bad because he is my Dad, hes the only one that can make things right, his word heals my heart. I do call on God when i'm happy but not as much as when i am sad. In Christianity you grow and grow, i belive when you are at the stage where you are strong, you can praise God through the GOOD and BAD.
Re: Why Do Some People Remember/call On God When The Bad Things Happen? by tpia1: 12:50am On Jan 08, 2011
just human nature.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Leave Your Laptop On While Sleeping On Bed - Prophet T.B JOSHUA advice / Happy Birthday To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! / A Question For Yoruba Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.