Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Boko Haram Video Shows Abubakar Shekau Alive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Video Shows Abubakar Shekau Alive (783 Views)

Boko Haram Releases New Video, Shows Off Weapons & Beheading / Photos: Boko Haram Video Shows Two Men Accused Of Spying Being Beheaded / Capture Shekau Alive, Troops Urged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Video Shows Abubakar Shekau Alive by sonofyisa(m): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
Abubakar Shekau, leader of the Boko Haram terrorist group has released a new video, debunking military claims that he had been killed.

According to AFP, the sect had released a video on Thursday capturing the Boko Haram leader as saying that he is alive. “Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath,” Shekau said.

DailyPost gathered that the new video is relatively 36 minutes long. Shekau was reportedly seen bragging that he now runs an Islamic caliphate.

“Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath,” Shekau said, adding that his group was “running our… Islamic caliphate” and administering strict sharia punishments.

The report says the new 36-minute video ”showed Shekau, in combat fatigues and black rubber boots, standing on the back of a pick-up truck and firing an anti-aircraft gun into the air.

It claimed, ”Standing in front of THREE camouflaged vans and flanked by four heavily armed, masked fighters, he then speaks for 16 minutes in Arabic and the Hausa language widely spoken in northern Nigeria.”

The news agency reports that ”Shekau, who appeared to be the same as those in previous clips, said the military’s claim that he was dead was mere propaganda.”

It quoted Shekau thus; “Nothing will kill me until my days are over… I’m still alive. Some people asked you if Shekau has two souls. No, I have one soul, by Allah,” he said, apparently reading from a script.

“It is propaganda that is prevalent. I have one soul. I’m an Islamic student.

“I’m the Islamic student whose seminary you burnt… I’m not dead,” he added.

“We are running our caliphate, our Islamic caliphate. We follow the Koran… We now practise the injunctions of the Koran in the land of Allah,” he said.

The sect in the video also claimed to have shot down a Nigerian air force jet that went missing nearly three weeks ago.

But Air Commodore Dele Alonge told AFP that “For any group to claim they shot it down is mere propaganda and rubbish,”.

The Nigerian Army has recently announced with proofs of photos that the acclaimed leader of the group was killed in a raid near Kondunga in Borno state.
Source:http://dailypost.ng/2014/10/02/boko-haram-im-alive-shekau-releases-new-video/

Re: Boko Haram Video Shows Abubakar Shekau Alive by princealbashir: 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
Abu Shekau; The Man With Many Lives..
Re: Boko Haram Video Shows Abubakar Shekau Alive by CashNaira96: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
Its only a matter of time
Re: Boko Haram Video Shows Abubakar Shekau Alive by Bennyberry(m): 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
Until our govt forget about killing shekau.And focus on the entire sect the better.i dont knw y just 1 man is giving such publicity.guess shekau is even popular than GEJ.#WE LIVE IN A NATION OF LIES.HW MANY TYMS DEM DY KILL 1 HUMAN BEING?.SHOKI
Re: Boko Haram Video Shows Abubakar Shekau Alive by Raiders: 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
Bennyberry: Until our govt forget about killing shekau.And focus on the entire sect the better.i dont knw y just 1 man is giving such publicity.guess shekau is even popular than GEJ.#WE LIVE IN A NATION OF LIES.HW MANY TYMS DEM DY KILL 1 HUMAN BEING?.SHOKI
to kill a snake, you must first cut its head off
Re: Boko Haram Video Shows Abubakar Shekau Alive by Bennyberry(m): 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
Raiders: to kill a snake, you must first cut its head off
true bt when the head tends to be 'immortal' nd the oda part of the body are causing harms?.shud we stil b tryin to kill the head?.i guess starting to strike frm the tail wud weaken the head
Re: Boko Haram Video Shows Abubakar Shekau Alive by sonofyisa(m): 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
ATTENTION: THE PURPORTED SHEKAU VIDEO IN CIRCULATION

The Defence Headquarters is studying the claims made in the video purportedly released by the terrorists showing their leader Abubakar Shekau as dismissing his death. From immediate observation and what some online news outlets claimed to have seen, the video did not indicate when it was shot neither did it show any proof of life or currency such as screen time or date. The video also did not make any reference to anything that has happened since the impostor’s reported death.

It is also noteworthy that the air plane said to be mentioned in the video had been missing before he was killed. It should not surprise anybody if the terrorists decide to manipulate pictures, clone another Shekau or upload a pre-recorded video all in a bid to prove invincible.

As far as we are concerned, the individual who was appearing in video and claiming to be the leader of the terrorist group was killed in the Kondunga battle in September. The resemblance of the corpse and that of the eccentric character was incontrovertible. His identity was equally corroborated by people who knew him before we announced his death.

So, while waiting to see the new video before any further statement, our message to them is that justice will be served to whoever bears that name or designation and whoever engages in the act.

http://defenceinfo.mil.ng/the-purported-shekau-video-in-circulation-2/
Re: Boko Haram Video Shows Abubakar Shekau Alive by olayincar(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
Na diff picture we see in d morning, now another one

One thing I know is... Very soon
I mean very soon. *everyone would write RIP BH leader*

(1) (Reply)

Cameroun: Nigeria Lying Neighbour / Goodluck Jonathan's Transformation Agenda In The Railway Sector / 2015: No Plan To Field Muslim-muslim Ticket — APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.