Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1223442 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nnewi1stSon: 10:57am On Jun 08, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Because you bear Nnewi1stSon but you have never contributed on this thread since inception, you only look for opportunity to jump into fight with Chino thats why we are not feeling your absence here (I doubt if your from Nnewi actually)

Everybody here had one misunderstanding with someone else because of divergent views but you will always remember your one time opponent used to have something meaningful to contribute here so the enmity will die down .

You only come here to insult us for not traveling to North, if you had made any contribution here dig it out let's analyze, but your always on Enugu thread contributing.

For the time being we don't see you as one of us because you always isolate yourself from us, this is a generic sentiment share by most of us here until you start showing that home is where your heart should really be.
This perhaps was the most comic part of your post, I owe it to no one to impress him/her neither do I owe it to anyone to prove my "Igboness" so your opinion about me ain't worth poultry droppings to me,You didnt register me on NL and surely won't dictate to me what to do or not do here. Anyways I wish the thread success.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 08, 2015
chinolization:
Spot on!

Please we do not need that guy here!

Until he start seeing us a people with vast knowledge of political, economic, cultural and social issues then he is part of us but always coming here to spot only when we are hullicinating or accusing us of ego massaging in order to insult or cajole us will always widen the divide, we don't ostracize people but criticisms have to be constructive and timeless.

The door is wide open for anybody.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 08, 2015
Nnewi1stSon:
This perhaps was the most comic part of your post, I owe it to no one to impress him/her neither do I owe it to anyone to prove my "Igboness" so your opinion about me ain't worth poultry droppings to me,You didnt register me on NL and surely won't dictate to me what to do or not do here. Anyways I wish the thread success.

Am not begging you to post for likes cus dude pay no bill with NL likes, am telling you that you have done anything here for anybody to start seeing you as a brother as your just lobbying for us to see you.
This is a faceless forum, your handle says your one of us, your attitude always show your against us.

Am judging you by your attitude inhere not by it outthere. Its either your with us or your against us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 11:07am On Jun 08, 2015
Leave the sick guy to go his way! I for one do not ever want to set my eyes on him, because if I do I will always remember how he looks in his PICTURES..no insult intended though! Please let him stay away, very far from us!

BuddahMonk:

Am begging you to post for likes, am telling you that you have done anything here for anybody to start seeing you as a brother as your just lobbying for us to see you.
This is a faceless forum, your handle says your one of us, your attitude always show your against us.

Am judging you by your attitude inhere not by it outthere. Its either your with us or your against us.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2015
This massive up land over-looking the GRA Phase II is good to be developed into a world-class holiday city..

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by shineeye: 11:15am On Jun 08, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Am not begging you to post for likes cus dude pay no bill with NL likes, am telling you that you have done anything here for anybody to start seeing you as a brother as your just lobbying for us to see you.

i dont think they are proper igbos anybody can claim anything just to belong, you can tell the way they communicate you can see they are from boko haram zone.They are impostors

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 11:29am On Jun 08, 2015
shineeye:
[s]i dont think they are proper igbos anybody can claim anything just to belong, you can tell the way they communicate you can see they are from boko haram zone.They are impostors [/s]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2015

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 08, 2015
Too bad that the political tussle between Obi and Obiano has gone beyond what I think.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 09, 2015
Rojenny Stadium N100m Tartar tracks ready soon for producing world champions’

Ekwulobia—The Proprietor of Rojenny Olympic (multi-purpose) Games Village and Stadium, Oba, Idemmili South Local Government Area, Anambra State, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, has embarked on renovation of the facilities at the games village to make it a breeding ground for Nigerian athletes. This is coming as he had even taken delivery of a five container-load of rolls of tartar tracks and drums of adhesives meant for the tartar track lanes in the stadium and other items for installation worth several millions of Naira.
Rolls--of-tracksEzeonwuka said that the items and their installations including track stone-base, work and arc mapping/pinning, had been contracted out to both a sports consultant and an engineering firm at the cost of N100 million. He assured that the stadium would produce ‘’top ranking athletes in the world,” within three years.
The proprietor noted that the facility, when installed in the next two weeks, would be a breeding ground for the abundant athletes in Anambra, Imo, Abia, Delta, and Edo states due to the strategic location of the stadium.
“It is good that the tartar track had arrived, and you can mark it and the installation will commence any time from now. “Once the installation is completed, I give Nigeria three or four years; Olympic champions will be produced from this stadium. “This stadium would definitely produce champions that would dominate others like Jamaica and USA.
“We are going to re-channel the orientation and pastimes of our youths to athletics which will help to reduce to the barest minimum the issue of vices and use of hard drugs among them,” he said.
According to him, Michael Jackson was a street dancer, who was converted to an international dancer; likewise Mike Tyson, a street fighter, later became a world boxing champion. “Therefore, this stadium will be the starting point of many budding athletes in Nigeria,” he said. Former Governor Peter Obi and his successor, Willie Obiano have invested and supported the sports project and it would be recalled that the stadium management had waited for the tartar track items from China for over four months.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/rojenny-stadium-n100m-tartar-tracks-ready-soon-for-producing-world-champions/#sthash.WdHdWwEh.dpuf

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 9:56am On Jun 09, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Rojenny Stadium N100m Tartar tracks ready soon for producing world champions’

Ekwulobia—The Proprietor of Rojenny Olympic (multi-purpose) Games Village and Stadium, Oba, Idemmili South Local Government Area, Anambra State, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, has embarked on renovation of the facilities at the games village to make it a breeding ground for Nigerian athletes. This is coming as he had even taken delivery of a five container-load of rolls of tartar tracks and drums of adhesives meant for the tartar track lanes in the stadium and other items for installation worth several millions of Naira.
Rolls--of-tracksEzeonwuka said that the items and their installations including track stone-base, work and arc mapping/pinning, had been contracted out to both a sports consultant and an engineering firm at the cost of N100 million. He assured that the stadium would produce ‘’top ranking athletes in the world,” within three years.
The proprietor noted that the facility, when installed in the next two weeks, would be a breeding ground for the abundant athletes in Anambra, Imo, Abia, Delta, and Edo states due to the strategic location of the stadium.
“It is good that the tartar track had arrived, and you can mark it and the installation will commence any time from now. “Once the installation is completed, I give Nigeria three or four years; Olympic champions will be produced from this stadium. “This stadium would definitely produce champions that would dominate others like Jamaica and USA.
“We are going to re-channel the orientation and pastimes of our youths to athletics which will help to reduce to the barest minimum the issue of vices and use of hard drugs among them,” he said.
According to him, Michael Jackson was a street dancer, who was converted to an international dancer; likewise Mike Tyson, a street fighter, later became a world boxing champion. “Therefore, this stadium will be the starting point of many budding athletes in Nigeria,” he said. Former Governor Peter Obi and his successor, Willie Obiano have invested and supported the sports project and it would be recalled that the stadium management had waited for the tartar track items from China for over four months.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/rojenny-stadium-n100m-tartar-tracks-ready-soon-for-producing-world-champions/#sthash.WdHdWwEh.dpuf

These items arrived since March so why is the stadium not yet ready till now?

Gabros FC. is on the verge of moving to Enugu or Owerri once the season kicks off this weekend yet we have all stadia in Anambra either under construction or are mini Stadia. Infact why will Obiano approve a Mini stadium awarded to PaulB construction company in Awka which we all know cannot host any professional competition like those two constructed in Onitsha, for how long are we going to continue with Mini stadia and then wait on Private establishments (Rojenny, Ifeanyi Uba and Neros) to provide infrastructures which hitherto are basically the functions of the Government.

The high time our Government began to look into this shameful sector of our economy the better for us all, especially the youth who will channel their youthful energy into positive production through sports.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 10:00am On Jun 09, 2015
First ever athletics competition excites Anambra officials . on june 09, 2015 at 1:20 am in news , sports. .
Anambra State sports enthusiasts are excited by the prospect of hosting the first ever national athletics competition in the State. Anambra, is the home of Nigerian athletics great like Innocent Egbunike and Mary Onyali, but has no track facility until recent when the State sgovernor, Willy Obiano paid for the installation of a tartan track at the Rojenny Stadium Oba, near Onitsha. The first leg of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria Golden League will be the first meet to be held at the Stadium and the State. N1.5m is up for grabs in the competition, which will hold on Thursday. To qualify for the jackpot prize, an athlete must win in all legs of Golden League and must participate at the Golden League Final. All the athletes participating in the entered into the Golden League events Men Golden League events 100 m, 200m ,400m, 800m, 1,500m, 110m Hurdles , 4x100m Relay and 4x400m Relay, High Jump, Long Jump, and Javelin and for women 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m , 400m Hurdles , 4x100m Relay , 4x 400m relay ,High Jump Long Jump and Shot put 15.46 m are entitled to share in the jackpot prize, if they meet the established requirements. Athletes must score a minimum of 1070 points for track sprint events and 1050 for other track events. For jumps, athletes must score a minimum of 1050 points and score a minimum of 900 points for throw events. In Race Walk, athletes must score a minimum of 700 points and 350 points for men and women respectively

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 09, 2015
uduokirika1:

These items arrived since March so why is the stadium not yet ready till now?

Gabros FC. is on the verge of moving to Enugu or Owerri once the season kicks off this weekend yet we have all stadia in Anambra either under construction or are mini Stadia. Infact why will Obiano approve a Mini stadium awarded to PaulB construction company in Awka which we all know cannot host any professional competition like those two constructed in Onitsha, for how long are we going to continue with Mini stadia and then wait on Private establishments (Rojenny, Ifeanyi Uba and Neros) to provide infrastructures which hitherto are basically the functions of the Government.

The high time our Government began to look into this shameful sector of our economy the better for us all, especially the youth who will channel their youthful energy into positive production through sports.

Anambra government is not that super rich to float such projects without economic values, let them renovate Rojenny and start using it instead of building another N20B edifice that will be roting away.

Anambra need to dualize most of her roads and equip her schools, renovate public places and open up new frontiers for economic growth.

Give me that stadium money I will use it to connect MCC - Awada and Uga - Atani Road with state of the art flyover.

Give me that stadium money and I will daulize Onitsha Road Nnewi, Nnewi-Ozubulu-Ihembosi-Okija Road.

Give me the stadium money and I will use it to build an Artisan Village at Oba and send all the mechanics there to stay.

Stadium is good but stadium does not make any economic sense in this period of national cash crunch.

We have mini stadia.
1 Godwin Achebe Stadium.
2. Ikpeazu Stadium.
3. Rojenny Stadium.
4. Beverly Hills Stadium.
5. Neros Stadium.
6. St Peters Okija.
7. Awka Township Stadium.

Our government is poor so no need for an Akpabio type stadium.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:40am On Jun 09, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Anambra government is not that super rich to float such projects without economic values, let them renovate Rojenny and start using it instead of building another N20B edifice that will be roting away.

Anambra need to dualize most of her roads and equip her schools, renovate public places and open up new frontiers for economic growth.

Give me that stadium money I will use it to connect MCC - Awada and Uga - Atani Road with state of the art flyover.

Give me that stadium money and I will daulize Onitsha Road Nnewi, Nnewi-Ozubulu-Ihembosi-Okija Road.

Give me the stadium money and I will use it to build an Artisan Village at Oba and send all the mechanics there to stay.

Stadium is good but stadium does not make any economic sense in this period of national cash crunch.

We have mini stadia.
1 Godwin Achebe Stadium.
2. Ikpeazu Stadium.
3. Rojenny Stadium.
5. Neros Stadium.
6. St Peters Okija.
7. Awka Township Stadium.

Nwanne,inwelu amamife.
The key is prioritization....Anambra can't afford a world class stadia and we don't even need it.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
Two thieves burnt in onitsha

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
Good one there. .

Zonacom:
First ever athletics competition
excites Anambra officials
on june 09, 2015 at 1:20 am in news , sports.

Anambra State sports enthusiasts are excited by
the prospect of hosting the first ever national
athletics competition in the State.
Anambra, is the home of Nigerian athletics great
like Innocent Egbunike and Mary Onyali, but has
no track facility until recent when the State
sgovernor, Willy Obiano paid for the installation of
a tartan track at the Rojenny Stadium Oba, near
Onitsha. The first leg of the Athletics Federation
of Nigeria Golden League will be the first meet to
be held at the Stadium and the State.
N1.5m is up for grabs in the competition, which
will hold on Thursday.
To qualify for the jackpot prize, an athlete must
win in all legs of Golden League and must
participate at the Golden League Final.
All the athletes participating in the entered into
the Golden League events Men Golden League
events 100 m, 200m ,400m, 800m, 1,500m, 110m
Hurdles , 4x100m Relay and 4x400m Relay, High
Jump, Long Jump, and Javelin and for women
100m, 200m, 400m, 800m , 400m Hurdles ,
4x100m Relay , 4x 400m relay ,High Jump Long
Jump and Shot put 15.46 m are entitled to share
in the jackpot prize, if they meet the established
requirements.
Athletes must score a minimum of 1070 points for
track sprint events and 1050 for other track
events.
For jumps, athletes must score a minimum of
1050 points and score a minimum of 900 points
for throw events. In Race Walk, athletes must
score a minimum of 700 points and 350 points for
men and women respectively

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Nwanne,inwelu amamife.
The key is prioritization....Anambra can't afford a world class stadia and we don't even need it.

Odogwu ndewo, imagine spending billions in stadium na okochi nineaa.
The best thing our government should do is to invest in those places that will curtail brain drain in our society. Many Omabalas are leaving the state to Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt, we need to arrest this ugly development by building modern facilities that will facilitate startup and small businesses to kickstart.

I love tourism, I love ICT, I love competition.

Our government need to invest in ICT by digitalizing government businesses, this will help in drawing back home many Omanbalas that are tech savvy back home. Many Omanbalas that are web developers, software developers, networking experts, database managers, graphics artists et al are not in the state because the environment is harsh for such businesses to thrive.

Meanwhile schools in Anambra are now using scratch card to pay their fees, I saw my nephews with theirs last year shaa, they are both in St Charles.

Give me that stadium money I will put free wifi in our schools and colleges, digitalize taxation,

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Meanwhile, where's chino grin

Price of better TV don'dey fall oooooooooo grin

End dey use chinco TV form swag grin

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
Chino, open your several monikers, let's play na grin

I will always tell you the truth, u be my guy, please no use this ur dirty parlour do swag again oo oo grin

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
customized13:
Chino, open your several monikers, let's play na grin

I will always tell you the truth, u be my guy, please no use this ur dirty parlour do swag again oo oo grin
Your stupidiity is get out of control.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
FKO81:
Your stupidiity is get out of control.
chini caused it.

Let's see whos more stvpid me and chino.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
customized13:
Two thieves burnt in onitsha

Anybody stealing in a society like Nigeria with the knowledge of what is likely to befall them shouldn't be felt sorry for whatever happens to them if got caught.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
customized13:
chini caused it.

Let's see whos more stvpid me and chino.

A heavier hammer will come down on you very soon!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Anybody stealing in a society like Nigeria with the knowledge of what is likely to befall them shouldn't be felt sorry for whatever happens to them if got caught.
man, its inhumane. I felt like throwing up, in fact that incidence spoilt my day.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

A heavier hammer will come down on you very soon!
like posting of my pictures? Please, who cares.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
customized13:
like posting of my pictures? Please, who cares.
Guy, what's wrong with you? It's very clear that you are the person looking for trouble now.
Please Chino don't dignify his madness with a reply

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Where you in East when Bakassi Boys reign supreme

East is not for the faint of heart
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
What is going on at Nkpor by-pass, Onitsha? Our people don enter 'owambe' way! My people dalu nuoo! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
Its crossing already! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Malawian(m): 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
SpaceTour:
What is going on at Nkpor by-pass, Onitsha? Our people don enter 'owambe' way! My people dalu nuoo! cheesy
one of our cribs no too far from here o.
the thing i liked about how they view matches in this area was that once you pay 100 naira, you can watch all the matches for the day there.
i was like shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
BuddahMonk:

We have mini stadia.
[s]1 Godwin Achebe Stadium.
2. Ikpeazu Stadium.
3. Rojenny Stadium.
5. Neros Stadium.
6. St Peters Okija.
7. Awka Township Stadium. [/s]

No body is advocating for an Akpabio kind of stadium! why can't we built at least one standard stadium which will cost lesser but meet all stipulated standards rather than proliferating the state with mini and substandard stadia. How much was used in construction of the Confluence stadium in Kogi?Less than Two BILLION Naira yet it meets all FIFA requirements. Even if we want a mini stadium why not construct it to the best of standards to accommodate professional matches like the Agege stadium in Lagos.

Are you saying that Kogi is richer and financially buoyant than Anambra?

Pix 1 and 2 are confluence stadium in Lokoja (FIFA standard)
Pix 3 and 4 are that of Agege compare them with what we have here which we term mini stadia. At least I don't need to post pics of these cos they are already in the thread and we all know their status currently.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
BuddahMonk:

How many of these roads have our previous governement able to dualized since we have refused to build a stadium?

These notions of yours were the type that kept Anambrarians to believe they don't need an Airport! Today 80% of passenger traffic on the Asaba Airport are enroute Anambra if not for the recent upgrade of th Enugu Airport to international status the effect of the Asaba Airport will be highly significant on the Enugu Airport.

Take note that Asaba Stadium along Nebisi road is almost 90% completed should Ifeanyi Uba fail to complete the Gabros stadium next season Asaba will definately be the Home of a club side based in Anambra!!!! If that alone is nothing to worry about then I am done with this argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.