Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

5 Reason Why Nysc Must Be Scrapped - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 5 Reason Why Nysc Must Be Scrapped (1029 Views)

10 Reasons Why Nysc Should Be Voluntary / Nysc Must Pay Stream 2 Our May Allowance / Should NYSC Be Scrapped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reason Why Nysc Must Be Scrapped by praz001(m): 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
1) The certificate is useless after employment.

2) There is no automatic employment on completion.

3) The yearly allocation to nysc would create employment for thousands of graduate yearly.

4) most sons and daughters of "oga at the top" serve in their parlour

5) The one year waste would reduce the chance of graduates in already congested labor market. As companies in Nigeria prefer graduates with lesser age, thus encouraging age falsification. Footballer ;D1) The certificate is useless after employment.

3) The yearly allocation to nysc would create employment for thousands of graduate yearly.

5) The one year waste would reduce the chance of graduates in already congested labor market. As companies in Nigeria prefer graduates with lesser age, thus encouraging age falsification. Footballer
Re: 5 Reason Why Nysc Must Be Scrapped by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
praz001: 1) The certificate is useless after employment.

5) The one year waste would reduce the chance of graduates in already congested labor market. As companies in Nigeria prefer graduates with lesser age, thus encouraging age falsification. Footballer ;D1) The certificate is useless after employment.

5) The one year waste would reduce the chance of graduates in already congested labor market. As companies in Nigeria prefer graduates with lesser age, thus encouraging age falsification. Footballer
Na wa ooo and you will also be happy that you have made sense !!

Hmm, To God be the Glory sha !!
Re: 5 Reason Why Nysc Must Be Scrapped by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
I'm sorry but i will have to go against your Post!
1. The NYSC is not entirely Useless as you have painted it. It is Nigeria's own military conscription. And like every other military training, it has its own advantages.
2. Have you ever thought of what will become of most graduates if there was no NYSC. A big chunk of Nigerian graduates of many years have "just" the NYSC experience. NYSC corpers earn next to nothing but some ex-corpers have gone ahead to kick start their career with the tinni tiny amount that was saved during the scheme.
3. Lets just leave it that our government is corrupt. I'm certain that the Economy wouldn't have been any different if there no NYSC.
4. I've seen sons and Daughters of average Nigerians do same.
5. You are very right here. But then, I'll still comment my reserve grin
#NoPunIntended #JustMyOpinion
Re: 5 Reason Why Nysc Must Be Scrapped by DoroMega: 11:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
@OP, i totally agree with all your points. The vision and initial roadmap of the scheme has been tainted, no thanks to the 'bigmen', their children & the corrupt officers.
Re: 5 Reason Why Nysc Must Be Scrapped by akaahs(m): 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
Supported

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Cordinator Pay Corpers Their Money O!!! / Akwa Ibom Medical Coppers / Can Somebody Use Browsed O Level Result During Camp Registration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.