Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech (3916 Views)

Google Glass Gets First Internet Addict / This 24-year-old Is Writing A New Operating System For Google Glass / Google Glass UI With Cool Features By Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by aywhy93(m): 12:39am On Oct 03, 2014
[size=14pt]The Dubai Police - known for a while to possess the best car in the world you'd ever use to catch a thief or criminal; Lamborghini. In order to tighten their security and get hold of law breakers, another measure has been taken by Dubai's Government. You wont believe they issued a new tool that will help fight crime to the Police - Google Glass. This particular type of Google Glass has been loaded with a face-recognition program that will run through a database of wanted criminals. When a match is discovered, the officer wearing the Glass will be alerted.

With the introduction of Google Glass to Dubai cops (most especially patrolling officers), drivers that commit traffic offense(s) or break law will be easily tracked down. On a normal day, Google Glass costs $1500 in the United States and it shouldn't be really more than that in Dubai anyways. Sure, it's no problem buying this wearable for every single cops and detectives in Dubai, a place where a $400,000 Lamborghini Sport car is what the police uses. I guess you're already thinking of getting a job with the Dubai police force.. Isn't it ? *winks*

In the video attached below, Colonel Khalid Naser , General Director, Smart Services Department, Dubai Police mention the fact that the service will be launched next month with additional functions, which includes - Reporting of Accident. Let's wait and see how creative the Dubai police is, for thinking this way. Before then, watch the video below.

VIDEO - http://www.stevenbergy.com.ng/2014/10/dubai-police-gets-google-glass-with.html

SOURCE - StevenBergy.Com.Ng - Nigerian Tech Updates Blog[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by yungchop: 1:48am On Oct 03, 2014
Mehn even if na recruit I go be, I wanna work for dubai police o

9 Likes

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by oluwaKStar(m): 2:18am On Oct 03, 2014
And na d same oil our two country get...chaii

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by StealthyMe(m): 2:56am On Oct 03, 2014
Excellent!
This is what we are talking about...now tell me these policemen won't be respected

And surely the country knows the benefit of using technology to solve crime..when'll Nigeria possess this??

My guess is as good as yours...

1 Like

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:19am On Oct 03, 2014
oluwaKStar: And na d same oil our two country get...chaii
Yes na the same oil but the land mass are not the same, the population are not the same, the leadership are not the same, the mentality is not the same and the location is not the same so don't even expect to be like them

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by aywhy93(m): 4:38am On Oct 03, 2014
yungchop: Mehn even if na recruit I go be, I wanna work for dubai police o

LOL.. You wan drive Lambo ! :-)
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by aywhy93(m): 4:39am On Oct 03, 2014
oluwaKStar: And na d same oil our two country get...chaii

Na so oooh, that's the undeniable difference between a GOOD government and a BAD one.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by aywhy93(m): 4:41am On Oct 03, 2014
StealthyMe: Excellent!
This is what we are talking about...now tell me these policemen won't be respected

And surely the country knows the benefit of using technology to solve crime..when'll Nigeria possess this??

My guess is as good as yours...

You know the date that comes to my mind ? 2000 andimpossible
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by StealthyMe(m): 4:48am On Oct 03, 2014
aywhy93:

You know the date that comes to my mind ? 2000 andimpossible

lol cheesy
Even if the funds for this was disbursed,we all know it'll end up in the already fat bank account of our ogas at the top... undecided

1 Like

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by Mention(m): 6:36am On Oct 03, 2014
Okay
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 03, 2014
Keeping their cities safe whilst sponsoring terrorism elsewhere. Good for them.

3 Likes

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by gambus007(m): 6:43am On Oct 03, 2014
Ucheosefoh: Yes na the same oil but the land mass are not the same, the population are not the same, the leadership are not the same, the mentality is not the same and the location is not the same so don't even expect to be like them
stop justifying failure abegi.

6 Likes

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by msjanet(f): 7:03am On Oct 03, 2014
this is really cool.
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by mlanreh: 7:03am On Oct 03, 2014
Na wa ooo
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by timilehing(m): 7:07am On Oct 03, 2014
Even if naija wan imitate this idea, na those police go sell both the glasses and the Lamborghini. Naija police are not just upto the task, corruption is their foundation

1 Like

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by Mention(m): 7:07am On Oct 03, 2014
That's kul you know
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 03, 2014
Being a police will be sweet there,after the day's work,just cruise the car to flex with your babe.

That's what I call official flexing.

3 Likes

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by amakufrancis(m): 7:15am On Oct 03, 2014
9ja police are better off in terms of cars and everyoda tin joor...
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by nwaobitex: 7:28am On Oct 03, 2014
cool
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by Collinz2(m): 7:31am On Oct 03, 2014
Na swag be that o
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by dridowu: 7:38am On Oct 03, 2014
Nigeria will get there , how soon ? Don't ask me
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:50am On Oct 03, 2014
gambus007: stop justifying failure abegi.
What justification are you talking about ? So you are expecting the level of their development here. I mention the leadership because ours is corrupt, theirs leaders are not, our mentality support corruption, their mentality does not condone corruption so can you show me where I tried to justify our leadership failure.

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by bankyblue(m): 8:14am On Oct 03, 2014
na wa o.
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by olempe(m): 8:36am On Oct 03, 2014
Good use of oyel money. Meanwhile, I no gbadun this ur font @op
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by SlyIg(f): 8:39am On Oct 03, 2014
Our Nigerian policemen would rather need the google glasses that will screen through drivers and passengers wallet to know how much to "obtain" from them.
Sad.
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by olempe(m): 8:40am On Oct 03, 2014
Yomieluv: Being a police will be sweet there,after the day's work,just cruise the car to flex with your babe.

That's what I call official flexing.
Flexing with ur babe on tax payers money? See why Nigeria is corrupt

5 Likes

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by Jinyjagz(m): 8:48am On Oct 03, 2014
.see as police kum dey hungry me nw
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by wheesin(m): 8:50am On Oct 03, 2014
Lamborghini wey wizkid dey use brag for song..na em turn Toyota carolla undecided
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by alexis007(m): 8:51am On Oct 03, 2014
...nawa o.....but i now know the most lucrative job in the united arab emirates....so that when my uncle who claimed he had travelled abroad since 2002 in search of greener pastures would come back on a God-knows-when date and talk bla bla bla about how he got a well-rewarding white-collar job in a bank that pays him well[because that's what he tells us on the phone]...i'd just cough aloud to his hearing and then exclaim...'THE POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND'! angry...
Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by martineverest(m): 8:51am On Oct 03, 2014
A city with same oil with portharcourt,warri,uyo and yenagoa.is their oil better than ours or is it combined with gold?...smh for naija

1 Like

Re: Dubai Police Get Google Glass With Their Lamborghinis - Fighting Crime With Tech by mainheart(m): 8:58am On Oct 03, 2014
timilehing: Even if naija wan imitate this idea, na those police go sell both the glasses and the Lamborghini. Naija police are not just upto the task, corruption is their foundation
even u that is talking except u are not a Nigerian

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wismec Reuleaux RX 200w TC Mod Review / No More Tiles.go Metallic Epoxy Floor / Electronic Signboard For Advertising- LED Signages And Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.