Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) (3874 Views)

Pamper Your Pets With Quality Stuff...yankeetome Ships These From USA To NAIJA / When Pets Turns Thieves.. / Some Unusual Nigerian Pets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by msmon(m): 5:54am On Oct 03, 2014
*Longest tongue

Puggy, a male Pekingese with a tongue that measures 4.5 inches long, lives in Texas with his owner, Becky Stanford.
Abandoned by a breeder because of his looks, Puggy was taken in by Stanford
and her husband as a puppy, and nine years later he was holding the world
record for current longest dog tongue. As you can see, Puggy's tongue is a bit of a mouthful, so Stanford has to chop the dog's food into small pieces because he
chews with his tongue.
The longest dog tongue on record belonged to a boxer named Brandy whose tongue was 17 inches long.

*Most tennis balls in mouth

Dogs love to chase tennis balls, but perhaps no pup loves the chase more than Augie, an 8-year-old golden
retriever who holds the world record for most tennis balls in the mouth at one time. Augie has successfully gathered and held five tennis balls in her mouth at the same time.

*Longest cat

A 6-year-old fluffy feline from Reno, Nev., is the certified longest cat in the
world. Stewie, a Maine Coon, measures 48.5 inches long from the tip of his nose
to the end of his tail bone. (That's a little longer than 4 feet.)

*Most flying discs caught

Many dogs can catch a Frisbee, but Rose, a 6-year- old Labrador retriever/
border collie mix, can catch and hold onto up to seven flying discs — thrown
separately — without dropping any of them.
Owner Edward Watson says he noticed that once Rose got hold of a disc, she didn’t want to let go to catch the next one, and he eventually discovered her record- winning talent.

Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by Royaldee: 6:13am On Oct 03, 2014
Booked
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by msmon(m): 6:15am On Oct 03, 2014
*Tallest dog

Giant George, a 43-inch-tall Great Dane from Tucson, Ariz., holds two world
records: tallest living dog and tallest dog ever. This gentle giant has a developed quite the fan base so his owner, David
Nasser, keeps fans up to date with the dog’s activities via his website and YouTube channel. Giant George also has a book, " Giant George: Life With The World's Biggest Dog," which was published by Simon & Schuster.

*Smallest dog

In terms of height, the smallest living dog is Boo Boo, a long-haired female
Chihuahua who proves that good things come in small packages. Boo Boo is just 4 inches tall and weighs in at a mere 2 pounds. She lives in Raceland, Ky., with her owner, Lana Elswick.
You'll get a sense of the dog's true size through this adorable video of Boo Boo.
www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/animal-planet-presents/videos/most-outrageous-boo-boo.htm

*First bionic leg implants

Oscar the cat is the first animal to have received two bionic leg implants. Oscar’s
hind legs were accidentally chopped off in a combine harvester, and his prosthetic legs were drilled into what remained of his original legs. The bionic
legs aren’t suited for an outside environment, so Oscar is now an indoor cat, and he’s surely grateful for his remaining eight lives.

*Balloon popping

Popping 100 balloons in 44.49 seconds was just the beginning of Anastasia’s
fame. The Jack Russell terrier has also been featured on "Live with Regis Kelly," and she’s starred in a variety of commercials, Web advertisements and print campaigns. Anastasia lives in Los Angeles with her owner and trainer, Doree Sitterly.

Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by msmon(m): 6:20am On Oct 03, 2014
*Highest jump

The world record for the highest jump cleared by a dog is 68 inches and was
achieved by a greyhound named Cinderella May at the Purina Incredible Dog Challenge National Finals in October 2006. Cinderella May — or Cindy, as her owners, Kate Long and Kathleen Conroy, call her — is more than just a world- famous high jumper; she’s
also a R.E.A.D.-certified therapy dog.

*Oldest dog

Bluey, an Australian cattle dog, holds the world record for oldest dog at 29 years
and 5 months of age. Les Hall of Victoria, Australia, got Bluey as a puppy in 1910, and the dog worked with cattle and sheep for nearly 20 years before being put to sleep on Nov. 14, 1939.

*Tallest cat

Trouble (shown here with owner Debby Maraspini) holds the world record for
tallest domestic cat, measuring 19 inches long from shoulder to toe. A
Savannah cat is a hybrid domestic cat breed that’s a cross between a domestic
cat and a serval, a wild cat native to Africa. Trouble replaced the previous
record-holder in November 2011.

*Balancing glass of water

Sweet Pea, an Australian shepherd/border collie, holds a couple of the strangest records on our list: most steps walked down by a dog facing forward while balancing a 5-ounce glass of water (10 steps) and fastest 100 meters walked by a dog with a can balanced on its
head (2 minutes and 55 seconds).

Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by Asek1(m): 6:27am On Oct 03, 2014
This is lovely. I smell FP on this one.
Oga Seun I will be glad to read your post here o
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by msmon(m): 6:40am On Oct 03, 2014
*Loudest purr

When Smokey is happy, everyone around him knows it. This gray tabby cat
gained a place in the Guinness Book of Records with a purr that measured
67.7 decibels, but Smokey has been recorded on previous occasions with a
92.7-decibel purr, which is equivalent to the noise of a lawnmower or a hairdryer.

*Fastest skateboard ride

Tillman, an English bulldog, traveled a 100-meter stretch of parking lot in just
19.68 seconds during the 2009 X Games in Los Angeles, winning him a world record and making him the Tony Hawk of the canine world.

*Most dogs skipping rope

Uchida Geinousha's dogs are the star attraction of the Super Wan Wan Circus
in Japan. The 13 jumping dogs hold the world record for most dogs skipping
rope.

***Which pet has the most amazing record in your view?

Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 03, 2014
The thread will make seun's day!! grin grin

dogs achieving what so many persons can't...
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by timawoku(m): 6:44am On Oct 03, 2014
Nice
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by yuncka: 7:29am On Oct 03, 2014
While most of their comrades are murdered in Calabar. RIP to d fallen 404.
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by bonetalk(m): 7:37am On Oct 03, 2014
I've saved the page for future reference, that dog with highest lifespan of 29yo is amazing
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by reaky(m): 8:44am On Oct 03, 2014
I de come make i finish my dog neat first
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2014
I'm just here to look @ picture.
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by wrench: 10:52am On Oct 03, 2014
Awesome cheesy
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by feedthenation(m): 3:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
The animals are so lovely.
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by msmon(m): 1:55am On Oct 05, 2014
I don't understand why doesn't make FP when I have seen the same post copied by a blogger. Oga gan ooooo Oga Seun
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by msmon(m): 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by shudi(m): 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
I assume this board doesn't have a moderator, this is definitely a FP material. I got sick of several thrash posted on Fp recently. Mtcheew.
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2014
The dogs catching tennis balls and discus are pretty awesome, I can't even catch three together in a throw

I also love the super wan wan circus. Several dogs jumping rope will steal my attention anyday anytime

And that tiny chihuahua. Adorable eyes

Lastly, nothing completes a fun filled day than seeing a dog skate in a mall parking lot. Haha that dog will definately earn a massage from me. Lol
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by msmon(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
candygosh:
The dogs catching tennis balls and discus are pretty awesome, I can't even catch three together in a throw

I also love the super wan wan circus. Several dogs jumping rope will steal my attention anyday anytime

And that tiny chihuahua. Adorable eyes

Lastly, nothing completes a fun filled day than seeing a dog skate in a mall parking lot. Haha that dog will definately earn a massage from me. Lol

L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L . I assume you are a pet lover, may I ask what your favorite pet is?
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by StevinMorgan(m): 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2014
grin dat 2nd dog if e bite u, even uk doctors no fit treat u.
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
msmon:

L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L . I assume you are a pet lover, may I ask what your favorite pet is?

I'm not sure yet but I definately love chihuahuas, rabbits and cats maybe. I like them in pictures but if I have to own one then it's definately a big cuddly white cat who will share my bed with me.
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by msmon(m): 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
candygosh:

I'm not sure yet but I definately love chihuahuas, rabbits and cats maybe. I like them in pictures but if I have to own one then it's definately a big cuddly white cat who will share my bed with me.

Cat all day long.

1 Like

Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by drkay(m): 7:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
Honestly, this forum is making me to fall in love with pets, I'll consider getting 1 soon.
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by shudi(m): 8:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
drkay:
Honestly, this forum is making me to fall in love with pets, I'll consider getting 1 soon.
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by juman(m): 12:24am On Oct 20, 2014
Kai

The magnificent God.

The owner of heaven and earth.
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by msmon(m): 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
juman:
Kai

The magnificent God.

The owner of heaven and earth.

I suppose Seun is a lover of pets
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
wow the dog that lived 29years?! that's wonderful
Re: 15 Pets With Guinness World Record (Pictures) by msmon(m): 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
booqee:
wow the dog that lived 29years?! that's wonderful

It's really amazing!

(1) (Reply)

A Diary Of My Visit To My Uncle's House / Teaching Your Dog Attack To Impress ----------- A Detour / Adult Pedigree Cane Corso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.