Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] (21074 Views)

How To Install Two Whatsapp On A Rooted Dual SIM Phone.. / The HTC One Android Smartphone - Full Specification And Price In Nigeria / How To Download Whatsapp In Asha200 Nokia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by adewasco2k(m): 7:59am On Oct 03, 2014
This tutorial will show you how you can install two different Whatsapp application in your android device. Note this method doesn’t require root access, so it will work on any android either rooted or not.

The trick makes use of a modded version of WhatsApp for Android which is called OGWhatsapp which has all the feature of the original whatsapp and even other cool features.

How to Install OGWhatsApp on Android Device to Enjoy Two WhatsApp

1. First you have to do a full backup of your present WhatsApp by going to chat setting and click on backup conversation. [see image below]

2. Now go to Settings>> Apps then click on your current installed WhatsaApp and click clear data. [see image below]

3.Now to the most important step, you should use any available file manager then goto sdcard/WhatsApp which is the folder of your currently installed WhatsApp and rename the folder to OGWhatsApp so the path will now look like sdcard/OGWhatsApp. [see image below]

4. Now download the latest version of OGWhatsapp from here OGWhatsApp v2.11.315.apk and install it.

5.Now you should have two WhatsApp installed on your device but the last step is also very important, you should open the OGWhatsApp and when it asked for number to verify, use the old number you were using with the official whatsapp on your device before and it should verify without any code been asked, now open the official WhatsApp and it will also ask for a number now type in the new number you want and get the code on that number and verify.

Source: http://wasconet.com/how-to-install-two-whatsapp-in-one-android-device/

Note: this still works fine but the owner of the app said he will not be updating the app again because it's infringing WhatsApp Inc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by samutd4u(m): 8:10am On Oct 03, 2014
nice one lemme try it
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by Wittylens(m): 8:14am On Oct 03, 2014
Nice Tutorial.
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by musachara: 1:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
wow! impressive. who else has tried it lets here
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by Hostermipo(m): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
thank you very much, am grateful
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
It's telling me that the OGWhatsApp is obsolete on the 25th of November 2014... It's asking me to redownload the original app... Beside the old WhatsApp is not telling me to verify any number... I need your help...
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by nani667: 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
Daninya1: It's telling me that the OGWhatsApp is obsolete on the 25th of November 2014... It's asking me to redownload the original app... Beside the old WhatsApp is not telling me to verify any number... I need your help...

You didn't follow the proper installation procedure... Once it tells you that them it won't work...
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by adewasco2k(m): 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Daninya1: It's telling me that the OGWhatsApp is obsolete on the 25th of November 2014... It's asking me to redownload the original app... Beside the old WhatsApp is not telling me to verify any number... I need your help...

Just like they said, you didn't follow the steps well....lots of people installed it today using same guide above.

If there is any step you are confuse about, let me know then I will explain
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
It's working but how do I change the icon
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by adewasco2k(m): 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
Daninya1: It's working but how do I change the icon

Open OGwhatsapp and click on the top right cornal for settings then go to OG Mod, you will see where to change the icon and notification icon
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by lawrenceunaa: 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
lemme try it grin
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by lawrenceunaa: 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
op see went mine the show

Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by adewasco2k(m): 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
lawrenceunaa: op see went mine the show

Trust me, if you follow the step well, you will not get that message...just try again....follow the steps carefully
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by lawrenceunaa: 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
adewasco2k:

Trust me, if you follow the step well, you will not get that message...just try again....follow the steps carefully
it worked but the msg of my glo is going to the one of mtn
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by adewasco2k(m): 8:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
lawrenceunaa: it worked but the msg of my glo is going to the one of mtn

You are not even suppose to get that message above...

Also you should note....the steps in summary

#you have Whatsapp installed before on your phone using MTN number and you want to add your GLO also

1. Backup the Whatsapp on your phone
2. Goto setting g and clear data (not cache) of the Whatsapp on your phone.
3. Rename Whatsapp folder from WhatsApp to OGwhatsApp.
4. Install the OGWhatsApp you downloaded .

Now you should gave two Whatsapp..open first the OGWhatsApp when it ask for number to verify type the old MTN number you were using before on the old Whatsapp in the OGwhatsApp then wait...it will activate and even loaf your old chats that you backup.

Now you still have the official Whatsapp. Open it and it will act like you are just opening it for the first time.... Now use your new GLO number on that and as usual Whatsapp will send a code to the glo line to verify ...just follow all and now it should activate also...so now you have MTN working on OGWhatsApp and GLO on official Whatsapp.

Is this too hard to follow?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by adewasco2k(m): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
^ note: if you did all i said and you still gat that same error then i have a good news, the author though on his website said he is not going to update the app again, has released still OGWhatsApp v2.11.395.apk Download link has been updated.

But the old version was still installing fine as of this morning

1 Like

Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by macklef(m): 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
I would have loved this app, but i tried it some weeks back n totally lost my whatsapp data. But i don't see d need trying again since if this one is expired no further updates.
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by nani667: 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
macklef: I would have loved this app, but i tried it some weeks back n totally lost my whatsapp data. But i don't see d need trying again since if this one is expired no further updates.

There are no further updates but the current version of the app still works well.... You just need to backup your Whatsapp data with Titanium backup, after successfully installing the OG Whatsapp, just install your Whatsapp and restore the data.... Thats all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by adewasco2k(m): 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
macklef: I would have loved this app, but i tried it some weeks back n totally lost my whatsapp data. But i don't see d need trying again since if this one is expired no further updates.

the author released a new update just 3 days ago, i have uploaded it online.

seems message on his site is to just show that he will not update it again but so many pressure on him to update

Also you dont even know any special backup app, just goto settings and click backup conversation, you can restore on any whatsapp, so you have nothing to loose

1 Like

Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
Mine is working fine without problems.. Thanks for sharing... More power to your elbow
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by priscaoge(f): 12:14am On Oct 04, 2014
Following!
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 04, 2014
priscaoge: Following!

following wetin? Don't go and sleep. undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by priscaoge(f): 12:24am On Oct 04, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

following wetin? Don't go and sleep. undecided

cheesy cheesy Lmao U sef still dey awake cheesy cheesy. I reserved a seat for u,oya start following cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 04, 2014
priscaoge:

cheesy cheesy Lmao U sef still dey awake cheesy cheesy. I reserved a seat for u,oya start following cheesy cheesy cheesy

my dear, I have been asleep since o. Now my mate are sleeping - my eyes just dey chook. Why would I need two 'wassup'? Maybe I will use one for my boyfriends : and the other for family? wink

2 Likes

Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by priscaoge(f): 12:32am On Oct 04, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

my dear, I have been asleep since o. Now my mate are sleeping - my eyes just dey chook. Why would I need two 'wassup'? Maybe I will use one for my boyfriends : and the other for family? wink

Lwkmd cheesy cheesy and while doing that,remember to "password " ur phone cheesy cheesy

Me need 3 sad sad

2 Likes

Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by Lexusgs430: 12:45am On Oct 04, 2014
priscaoge:

Lwkmd cheesy cheesy and while doing that,remember to "password " ur phone cheesy cheesy

Me need 3 sad sad

If you need 3 WhatsApps numbers on one device, it's simple. Simply download whatsmore pro (root access required).
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by semid4lyfe(m): 6:15am On Oct 04, 2014
Thanks @ OP.

It works. I owe u a beer

sent from my Cube talk 9x 32gb
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by seunlayi(m): 7:11am On Oct 04, 2014
let me try

1 Like

Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by damilonya(m): 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
Pls, put the link to the new update here. Tanx!!
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by nani667: 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
ogwhatsapp has finally disappointed me... The version is now too old to work....

I'm now using 2 line whatsapp..... Requires root access.... Sucks because The two accounts can't run simultaneously, but no there choice sad
Re: How To Install Two Whatsapp In One Android Device [root NOT Required] by Lexusgs430: 1:34am On Nov 29, 2014
nani667:
ogwhatsapp has finally disappointed me... The version is now too old to work....

I'm now using 2 line whatsapp..... Requires root access.... Sucks because The two accounts can't run simultaneously, but no there choice sad

Whatsmore is what you need.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Android Phone Can I Buy With 120k / Whatsapp Introduces Search Group Members To Its Latest Update- (photos) / How To Use Activate Flashlight Notification On Calls On Tecno Camon CM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.