Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,995 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? (28805 Views)

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story / How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man / Signs You're Living Beyond Your Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
As for me,i am fully satisfied,no regrets,looking to the future. What about you ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by pweetixandy: 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
No I am not..until I discover God's purpose for me and begin to live in it..I will not b satisfied. God please speak to me!

127 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
pweetixandy: No I am not..until I discover God's purpose for me and begin to live in it..I will not b satisfied. God please speak to me!
I assure you my dear,he speaks,but we do not listen. He speaks tru ur neighbors,ur broda,ur friend,dt stranger,dt helpless person,u just need to pay attention.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by anselm791(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
fabiano09:
I assure you my dear,he speaks,but we do not listen. He speaks tru ur neighbors,ur broda,ur friend,dt stranger,dt helpless person,u just need to pay attention.
You obviously have not been listening cause then you'll realize that these people are full of sheet, I recommend she sticks to the Word.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
To say you are satisfied with your life implies that you are not visionary, not purposeful, not creative and you lack aspirations.

This doesn't mean you have to be greedy, wanton or covetous but everyone must understand that as humans we are limitless, boundless and the worlds possibilities are endless.

So, I am not satisfied yet but I am grateful for my life.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
Am not,till my name is on Forbe's list,am not resting.

23 Likes

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by gistmelove(m): 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
we are human being.. so kole possible.....

but ALIAMUDULILAHI for my life grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by bellong: 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
"Are you satisfied with the life you are living.........." Bob Nesta Marley (1972)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by eleojo23: 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
What actually makes life interesting is the anticipation of the next success you're going to achieve. If there is nothing to look forward to then, life looses it's meaning. I'll say I'm happy with my life but there is always room for more success/achievements so I won't say I've reached the last 'bus stop'.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
I'm not satisfied. embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
pweetixandy: No I am not..until I discover God's purpose for me and begin to live in it..I will not b satisfied. God please speak to me!

HIS Purpose for you is in HIS Word! Seek it & you will find it!

And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. - Isaiah 58:11

And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. - Joel 2:26

A land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills, When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you. - Deuteronomy 8:9-10

For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. - Psalm 107:9

The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. - Psalm 34:10

The poor will eat and be satisfied; those who seek the LORD will praise him-- may your hearts live forever! - Psalm 22:26

Who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. - Psalm 103:5

I will bless her with abundant provisions; her poor I will satisfy with food. - Psalm 132:15

I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. - Jeremiah 31:25

I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it. - Psalm 81:10

They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them. - Isaiah 49:10

They are the ones who will dwell on the heights, whose refuge will be the mountain fortress. Their bread will be supplied, and water will not fail them. - Isaiah 33:16

Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: "My servants will eat, but you will go hungry; my servants will drink, but you will go thirsty; my servants will rejoice, but you will be put to shame. - Isaiah 65:13

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by dmz(m): 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
No. But considering where I might have been I am not overly disappointed with how things have turned out and I achieved two of my childhood dreams this year. So it's been a good year.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by ukandi1(m): 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
Show me a man that is satisfied with what he has , and i will show u a failure..

No, i am not satisfied. I am not were i want to be yet.. Though, i am not overly disappointed at were i am. I still thank God cos to many its a reasonable height but to me, i am not there yet..

1 Like

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by yehmy(m): 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
ATM a Capital NO
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
fabiano09: As for me,i am fully satisfied,no regrets,looking to the future. What about you ?
Even the dead ain't satisfied, why would a determined and optimistic living being be?
As long as one breathes, God has a purpose of still keeping he/she alive, and until that aim is accomplished, one DAREN'T say he/she IS SATISFIED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
You people dont get it,when i said satisfied with the life your living,i didnt mean money or achievements,as nigerians thats the only thing we think of,i meant morally,your relationship with ur family,strangers,how u treat others,happiness,contentment for being alive etc. Thats what i meant,all of you shouting money money money,you think thats what matters most in life? I call it the nigerian mentality,and that is why as a people we are stagnant!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Kimoni: 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2014
ukandi1: Show me a man that is satisfied with what he has , and i will show u a failure..

No, i am not satisfied. I am not were i want to be yet.. Though, i am not overly disappointed at were i am. I still thank God cos to many its a reasonable height but to me, i am not there yet..

I disagree with the bolded though. Some people are truly contented and happy with what they have, little be it or much.
Having modest aspirations does not classify you a failure in life. Success is a very relative word.

22 Likes

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by pweetixandy: 11:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
fabiano09:
so how do I identify his voice..how do I know that it is Him speaking.

1 Like

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 04, 2014
pweetixandy: so how do I identify his voice..how do I know that it is Him speaking.
I'd be lying if i told you this is how it sounds,or xpect so and so,no,look within you,look into your innermost thoughts,He has given you that power,He made you specially,and he will help you fulfill it.Do not worry too much my dear.

1 Like

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by DrTeeee(m): 9:30am On Oct 04, 2014
Very Grateful for the life I am living now. Grateful for where I am today. Am aiming higher and pretty sure am going higher!

1 Like

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 04, 2014
pweetixandy:
No I am not..until I discover God's purpose for me and begin to live in it..I will not b satisfied. God please speak to me!

Your main purpose is TO BE in the present moment. This is why you were born in the first place.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2014
pweetixandy:
so how do I identify his voice..how do I know that it is Him speaking.

Silence your mind. wink
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 04, 2014
Kimoni:

I disagree with the bolded though. Some people are truly contented and happy with what they have, little be it or much.
Having modest aspirations does not classify you a failure in life. Success is a very relative word.

Very well said!

Some people are rich and unhappy.

Some people have little and are grateful and satisfied.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 04, 2014
fabiano09:
You people dont get it,when i said satisfied with the life your living,i didnt mean money or achievements,as nigerians thats the only thing we think of,i meant morally,your relationship with ur family,strangers,how u treat others,happiness,contentment for being alive etc. Thats what i meant,all of you shouting money money money,you think thats what matters most in life? I call it the nigerian mentality,and that is why as a people we are stagnant!

I agree with you 100%.

Nigerians will get rid of the mentality by the time severe poverty will not be seen everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by adebayour26: 9:36am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Your main purpose is TO BE in the present moment. This is why you were born in the first place.

There's more to God's purpose than being where u ar presently.

Purpose is what u do (enjoy doing) that is beneficial to people around and glorify God.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 04, 2014
adebayour26:

There's more to God's purpose than being where u ar presently.

Maybe.

Purpose is what u do (enjoy doing) that is beneficial to people around and glorify God.

This is what you believe and it's beautiful.

My purpose in the present moment is to eat my breakfast. wink

2 Likes

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Maybe.

This is what you believe and it's beautiful.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 04, 2014
DrTeeee:
Very Grateful for the life I am living now. Grateful for where I am today. Am aiming higher and pretty sure am going higher!
Well said DrTeeee,nothing beats a grateful heart,infact it takes u higher,i wish alot of nigerians would emulate this attitude,we worry too much,and are never satisfied!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Very well said!

Some people are rich and unhappy.

Some people have little and are grateful and satisfied.

Well said,no one can xplain it better

3 Likes

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 04, 2014
I'm satisfied except for unemployment saga sad sad smiley

Naija tire person jare embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by adebayour26: 11:14am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I laff in swahili.

food....purpose, what a constrast?
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 04, 2014
adebayour26:

I laff in swahili.

food....purpose, what a constrast?

The purpose of food:

It keeps living beings alive.
It keeps living beings healthy.
It gives living beings pleasure.

What's wrong with it?

My purpose in the present moment is to reply to your comment and in the next moment to continue relaxing by watching a movie. wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Of These Childhood Treats Did You Miss? / Mother Ties Her Child On A Pillar In Her House (Photo) / Missing Person(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.