Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander (25691 Views)

I Got A Job Through Nairaland. / I Got A Fantastic Job Through Nairaland / Do You Know Of Anyone That Has Gotten A Job Through Push Cv? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by victorVIC1(m): 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
"Everyone gets a chance eventually"
The foregoing is a conviction that echoes on my mind whenever I come across an employment testimony on nairaland job section or any other forum....so it did happen after all.
Barely two weeks ago, I got an information from a fellow nairalander @ joyglitters about a coy in Lagos Mainland that was looking to hire fresh graduates so I decided to give it a try. Got an invite a few days later, underwent their recruitment process successfully and got the job afterwards.
My utmost appreciation to God. Also wish to extend a heartfelt THANK YOU with abundant appreciation to Seun for such a wonderful forum, @ joyglitters without whom I wudnt av gotten the job and everyone who contributed on the thread below..
https://www.nairaland.com/1844151/mistakes-dat-ive-made-job
#May God bless ur hustles

167 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by obiscolly(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
Congrats to you! Signs of better things to come in your life. God bless Nairaland and NL'ers cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
Congrats bro cheesy.

Nairaland changing lifes since 1895 grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by victorVIC1(m): 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
SmellMyFart: Congrats bro cheesy
Tanx bro

2 Likes

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Obinoscopy(m): 5:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Congrats. I'm sending my appreciation to joyglitters and every other nairalanders on this wonderful forum. You guys are the best!

22 Likes

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Anoneism(m): 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Congratulations guy, I'm happy for you. God has helped you through somebody so don't forget to help someone out there when the need to do so arises. Many tend to forget this but I am sure you won't allow yourself to be part of those many. Should there be any opening in your organization please endeavor to let fellow nairalanders know about it. Once again, congratulations.

50 Likes

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by victorVIC1(m): 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
Anoneism: Congratulations guy, I'm happy for you. God has helped you through somebody so don't forget to help someone out there when the need to do so arises. Many tend to forget this but I am sure you won't allow yourself to be part of those many. Should there be any opening in your organization please endeavor to let fellow nairalanders know about it. Once again, congratulations.
#Noted...Tanx bro

3 Likes

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Nduxzy: 5:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
Joy that glitters is GOLD

34 Likes

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
Congrats dear
Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by ITbomb(m): 6:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
Wonderful people in Nigeria
Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
Got my first job through Nairaland too. Long time ago.
The OP of that job wasn't a Nairalander.
She just registered and posted the job.
Lots of people doubted... "Scam" "Scam" and I understood.
A new account posting a new job to be sent to a yahoo account. Any reasonable person would conclude its scam.

Being the smart type, I sent it anyway.
I already had experience with spammers and scammers and I knew when you are invited for a job, common sense tells you to make inquiries.
If you get an invite from CBO Capital, www.buyam.com.ng or from Maple won't you make inquiries normally? You would.

So when the call came through for a phone interview at 5PM, I went along fine.
Then I was asked to come the next day 8AM for an interview.
I was discouraged at home but my younger brother (Never doubt the importance of motivation) asked me to go.
I went in for the interview (three stages) with the final one being the MD.
After everything, I told him I liked him and he asked why. So I did what I knew how to do best.

They told me they would get back to me so I took a risk and asked them some questions (My personal keys too).
They decided whatever and asked me to leave. I left. I was at Obalende and I got a call again to come back to the same office. The office is at Ologun Agbaje VI.

When I got there, a sit, new laptop and other needs had been provided and I resumed same day I went in for interview.
I told them I wasn't based in Lagos back then because I came from Ibadan but they didn't listen.
Had to borrow shirts from my friend for the remaining two days before I went back home.

If you follow some of my posts not threads, you may have come across my tips at interviews. Very few though.

So congrats to OP, Seun you did a good job too and thanks to God for everyone of us because whatever we may be going through right now shall pass.

Edit.
Since this is on front page, it's an opportunity to say visit www.nairamode.com for some of my analysis on job processes, recruitments and interviews in Nigeria generally.

94 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by omolizzy(f): 6:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
Congratulations OP may u do great tins with dis job n go greater heights. Wish u all d best

3 Likes

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by victorVIC1(m): 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
omolizzy: Congratulations OP may u do great tins with dis job n go greater heights. Wish u all d best
#Amen...Same to u dear
Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by victorVIC1(m): 7:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
Nduxzy: Joy that glitters is GOLD
grin
Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by victorVIC1(m): 7:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
enkay27: Congrats dear
[quote author=ITbomb]Wonderful people in Nigeria
Congrats
Tanx
Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by victorVIC1(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
NairaMode: Got my first job through Nairaland too.
The OP of that job wasn't a Nairalander.
She just registered and posted the job.
Lots of people doubted... "Scam" "Scam" and I understood.
A new account posting a new job to be sent to a yahoo account.

Being the smart type, I sent it anyway.
I already had experience with spammers and scammers and I knew when you are invited for a job, common sense tells you to make inquiries.
If you get an invite from CBO Capital, www.buyam.com.ng or from Maple won't you make inquiries normally? You would.

So when the call came through for a phone interview at 5PM, I went along fine.
Then I was asked to come the next day 8AM for an interview.
I was discouraged at home but my younger brother (Never doubt the importance of motivation) asked me to go.
I went in for the interview (three stages) with the final one being the MD.
After everything, I told him I liked him and he asked why. So I did what I knew how to do best.

They asked me they would get back to me then I took a risk and asked them some questions (My personal keys too).
They looked at me and asked me to leave. I left. I was at Obalende and I got a call again to come back to the same office at Ologin Agbaje VI.

When I got there, a sit, new laptop and other needs had been provided and I resumed same day I went in for interview.
I told them I wasn't based in Lagos back then because I came from Ibadan but they didn't listen.
Had to borrow shirts from my friend for the remaining two days before I went back home.

If you follow some of my posts not threads, you may have come across my tips at interviews. Very few though.

So congrats to OP, Seun you did a good job too and thanks to God for everyone of us because whatever we may be going through right now shall pass.
Quite insightful...Tanx man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by understatement: 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
This thread will make frontpage so cool cool
Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Enosa1(m): 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
Congrate man.all d best.
Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Osyxcel(m): 8:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
OP Congrats. Hoping to see more of this on here. Also using this as a point of contact to get an appointment soon.

3 Likes

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
congrats bro
more blessings to joyglitters cool

1 Like

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Wow!

This calls for celeberation.

1 Like

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
victorVIC1:
Quite insightful...Tanx man

Seriously?
Just sharing my thoughts bro.
Hope it helps?
Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Waspy(m): 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
Nairaland is versatile. I've also got something I'm very happy abt through a NLer. ( I no even meet the lady physically sef).

God bless all NLers. Amen

Na to find NL wifey remain oooo cry cry

11 Likes

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Smartsyn(m): 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
To all other nairalanders searching for job, this year will not pass you by... Amen

78 Likes

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Congratulations poster. May everything be ever abounding to your favour.

Cheers.

PS: Remember TeHN, there those who need you on here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by priscaoge(f): 11:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
Congrats!!!
Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by chineduho: 12:16am On Oct 04, 2014
Nairaland...... Giving people jobs since 1960. Congrats man.

3 Likes

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by nicechizyy(f): 1:02am On Oct 04, 2014
congrats dear.....
pls my nairaland brothers and sisters if u can help a sis get a job too, God will bless u abundantly. nicechizyy@yahoo.com kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander by thugluvfem(m): 1:46am On Oct 04, 2014
Oga victor, can i get your email. I wish to send you a private msg. Pls send a reply mail to my email add: folufemialabi@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When You Get An Interview Invite For A Position You Know Nothing About / Dangote Cement Plc Graduate Entrepreneurship Programme 2015 / How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.