Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? - Career (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? (151274 Views)

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by SailorXY: 10:13am On Oct 07, 2014
IYANGBALI:
sowie jawe
I won't mind @ all tho cheesy
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Princecalm(m): 10:13am On Oct 07, 2014
CoolHunk:

What an idiotic comment. You know nothing about the military, obviously. Just try to keep your ignorance to yourself next time.
so which of my statement are you opposing,because a banker receives more compared to a soldier.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Princecalm(m): 10:14am On Oct 07, 2014
SAVEDBABA:
correct ur statement.wot make a banker above a soldier.
first of all their salaries.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Princecalm(m): 10:15am On Oct 07, 2014
Elebiju:
not in a civilized society bro.
all the statement we have been making here is centre on Nigeria,so yes in a dyfunctional state like Nigeria
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nursy(f): 10:39am On Oct 07, 2014
I no mind, give dem the succulent boobs.
IYANGBALI:
you dey jealoous my bleasts,dem big and succulent pass your tiny own,if dat your soldier boys see am,na to divorce you straight grin
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 10:48am On Oct 07, 2014
SailorXY:

I won't mind @ all tho cheesy
carry am now
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by bernabc: 10:54am On Oct 07, 2014
#49k to #51k
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by bernabc: 11:20am On Oct 07, 2014
spenc:
[Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub
leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;
Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.]

Wrong, very wrong.

Private - 59k
Lcpl- 62k
Cpl - 67k
Sgt- 70k
SSgt- 87k
Wo- 100k
Mwo 150k

the figures above vary a little based on the number of years spent on the rank. I am not on a guess ride cus i am involved. If not for
the ongoing Army GCM i would have scanned a payslip for all to see. Please before u post anything ensure itz a fact.
First of all, are u a soldier? You are sick in the head to say that the least soldier earns #80k per month. For your info the least soldier earns between #49k to #51k.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by SailorXY: 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
IYANGBALI:
carry am now
I go carry you jor, nack ring for ur finger join tongue
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
Princecalm:
first of all their salaries.
because of salary,lol.I have a feeling u r young at heart.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Princecalm(m): 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
SAVEDBABA:
because of salary,lol.I have a feeling u r young at heart.
if not salary then wot comes to mind when you debate who is better between a banker and a soldier.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
SailorXY:

I go carry you jor, nack ring for ur finger join tongue
with that your tiny preek? tongue
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gtrust: 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/
We are exchanging information. Sorry for my harsh tone.
Of course, there is a lot of opportunities in the US military but mostly in benefits such as VA mortgages, tuition payments or reimbursement (you have to work for the military for a specified number of years after graduation), etc.

Salary is never the primary motivation for joining the US military. I got involved in this exchange when you started throwing out fictitious numbers as facts. As a matter of fact, I called some colleagues to see if there is a raise that we are not aware of. Of course, there were raises earlier this year but nothing remotely close to the numbers you are quoting. Deployment benefits are in the hundreds of dollars and when added together is less than $2k/month. So the $250k/yr for a Psychologist in the US military is an IMPOSSIBILITY. And for N100m equivalent in less than 3 years as stated by some dude is ridiculous as well comical.

NB: Some folks on NL are not teenagers or High School students. So when you put out information, expect some rebuttals.
/

Like I said, I'm not in the US Army and I'm not a Psychologist!
I did not post the 100 million Naira in 3 years stuff.

Medical and para-medical professionals do not "chop" from Basic pay you're putting out there.
If you rely on Basic pay then it's the wrong job!

However, I'm in "the Business" and I have Psychologists working with me.
A Psychologist working 1 in 7 with 6 weeks holidays will make $250,000 per Annum no wahala.

Now, my calculations:
3 straight years deployment in Iraq should equal more than 1 in 7 plus regular 7.5 hours by 3 years.

Therefore my conclusion that 100 million in 3 years is POSSIBILITY!

Now, if you're a Psychologist and you're not making $250,000 PER Annum then there is wahala!
Maybe you are not counting your money right: Please bring it let me help you count it very well for you.
Maybe you're in the wrong job: don't get "mad" at this statement because we also were in the "wrong jobs" at some
stage in "white-mans' land" and got the "expo" and quickly ran.

I took it very badly when you call me "liar' as I really have nothing to gain telling lies!

Many many years ago, someone I didn't know, never seen before, gave me the "expo" I'm using to chop now and I was just giving back.

Besides, thanks to President GEJ and current Minister for Health, things have really changed in Nigeria for Medical and para-medical professionals but I really don't know about Psychologist in Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
Princecalm:
if not salary then wot comes to mind when you debate who is better between a banker and a soldier.
their use in d society, by the way dere is no basis of comparing a soldier and a banker.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Ayatullah(m): 5:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
osile2012:
will u stand under the sun and expose ur life to the danger of death on a daily bases for 80k? Be transferred without prior notice for 80k?

Don't you know that before joining the army?...........no wonder some now use the uniform to harass and extort.........
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Thunder04(m): 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
I want to join soldier.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by SailorXY: 8:32pm On Oct 07, 2014
IYANGBALI:
with that your tiny preek? tongue
for where u see am
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by InvertedHammer: 5:26am On Oct 08, 2014
gtrust:

Like I said, I'm not in the US Army and I'm not a Psychologist!
I did not post the 100 million Naira in 3 years stuff.

Medical and para-medical professionals do not "chop" from Basic pay you're putting out there.
If you rely on Basic pay then it's the wrong job!

However, I'm in "the Business" and I have Psychologists working with me.
A Psychologist working 1 in 7 with 6 weeks holidays will make $250,000 per Annum no wahala.

Now, my calculations:
3 straight years deployment in Iraq should equal more than 1 in 7 plus regular 7.5 hours by 3 years.

Therefore my conclusion that 100 million in 3 years is POSSIBILITY!

Now, if you're a Psychologist and you're not making $250,000 PER Annum then there is wahala!
Maybe you are not counting your money right: Please bring it let me help you count it very well for you.
Maybe you're in the wrong job: don't get "mad" at this statement because we also were in the "wrong jobs" at some
stage in "white-mans' land" and got the "expo" and quickly ran.

I took it very badly when you call me "liar' as I really have nothing to gain telling lies!

Many many years ago, someone I didn't know, never seen before, gave me the "expo" I'm using to chop now and I was just giving back.

Besides, thanks to President GEJ and current Minister for Health, things have really changed in Nigeria for Medical and para-medical professionals but I really don't know about Psychologist in Nigeria.
\
[b]You can pontificate all you want.

YOU ARE A BOLD-FACED LIAR!

No Psychologist in the US Army employment is making anything remotely close to what you stated.

Stick to the topic: PSYCHOLOGISTS in US Army.

If you like make a gazillion dollars in a year..not my problem. You CANNOT make that amount legally anywhere in USA
other than Wall Street (of course with diverse responsibilities geared towards the market) as a psychologist unless as
you stated that there is some "expo" (aka illegality) involved.

But the fact is the fact. Based on what you said, you have no iota of idea about US Military.

So stop this BS already!

I will not want to spoil your fantasy.

I am not here to compete with you about who makes more...that will be a childish thing to do especially with a stranger.

Are you wealthier than Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett? If not, then take a back seat because poverty dey worry you.

Folks with money don't walk around "bragging"...Empty vessels make the most noise, u know.

/

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by BlackLeopard(m): 11:14am On Oct 08, 2014
This what InvertedHammer said.

Also comparing US Army and Nigerian Army is not good for anything.
The situations are different.
The needs of the army in respective countries are different, even though they're both army.
It makes sense to compare only in the context of soldiers for whom both countries are relevant for some reason, to their service.
Otherwise, no experience, it an empty talk.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gtrust: 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
InvertedHammer:

\
[b]You can pontificate all you want.

YOU ARE A BOLD-FACED LIAR!

No Psychologist in the US Army employment is making anything remotely close to what you stated.

Stick to the topic: PSYCHOLOGISTS in US Army.

If you like make a gazillion dollars in a year..not my problem. You CANNOT make that amount legally anywhere in USA
other than Wall Street (of course with diverse responsibilities geared towards the market) as a psychologist unless as
you stated that there is some "expo" (aka illegality) involved.

But the fact is the fact. Based on what you said, you have no iota of idea about US Military.

So stop this BS already!

I will not want to spoil your fantasy.

I am not here to compete with you about who makes more...that will be a childish thing to do especially with a stranger.

Are you wealthier than Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett? If not, then take a back seat because poverty dey worry you.

Folks with money don't walk around "bragging"...Empty vessels make the most noise, u know.

/

I have no reply for most of what you posted.
I have already stated very clearly that I am not and have never been in the US Army!

My interest is on "expo" I used:
No, I do not do anything illegal and I do not encourage illegality.

Read my post:
1- Psychologist
2- 7.5 hours/day
3- 6 weeks holidays per annum
4- 1 in 7
5- $250,000 per annum

That is my "expo" to you and everybody who wants to know.
These jobs do exist!

I'm NOT competing with you and I don't want to compete with you.

Like you must have noticed, we have already taken very different paths in life!

Please, stop calling people liars when you have NOT done the research and when you're proved wrong,
you move another gear of "show off", "brag" etc.
Not necessary, just state your point.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by InvertedHammer: 6:25am On Oct 09, 2014
gtrust:

I have no reply for most of what you posted.
I have already stated very clearly that I am not and have never been in the US Army!

My interest is on "expo" I used:
No, I do not do anything illegal and I do not encourage illegality.

Read my post:
1- Psychologist
2- 7.5 hours/day
3- 6 weeks holidays per annum
4- 1 in 7
5- $250,000 per annum

That is my "expo" to you and everybody who wants to know.
These jobs do exist!

I'm NOT competing with you and I don't want to compete with you.

Like you must have noticed, we have already taken very different paths in life!

Please, stop calling people liars when you have NOT done the research and when you're proved wrong,
you move another gear of "show off", "brag" etc.
Not necessary, just state your point.

/
OK. Billionaire Gtrust: The wealthiest Nigerian in USA with the expo to making money.
\
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gtrust: 8:38am On Oct 09, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/
OK. Billionaire Gtrust: The wealthiest Nigerian in USA with the expo to making money.
\

I was expecting a "thanks" or more appropriately "thank you".
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by InvertedHammer: 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
gtrust:

\
I am sure you are matured enough to understand a back-handed compliment.

Sarcasm, that is.

My opinion about you stands as stated

\
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gtrust: 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
InvertedHammer:

\
I am sure you are matured enough to understand a back-handed compliment.

Sarcasm, that is.

My opinion about you stands as stated

\

Ok.
I was so wrong and I'm so sorry for writing all the rubbish I wrote and most especially for hurting the sensibility of intelligent people like invertedHammer!

I am therefore retracting every statement and offering a full apology!!
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by kobonaire(m): 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
gtrust:

bros, don't waste your time arguing with that foôl. In another thread he was making a medical claim .... "that people should drink plenty water before going to sleep to avoid sudden death in sleep".
The guy must have taken a hammer to his head beating at some point of his life hence his name and the nonsense he spews.
Meanwhile your claim the US Army Psych physicians make $250K is plausible as a high limit. I did a search and sure enough your claim appears valid to a degree:- http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/much-doctors-military-make-14129.html
US Army physicians can earn $20K per month not even factoring other allowances.

Explaining this to that hammer guy is a waste of time ... leave the block-head to drink his 2 gallons of pure water every night before he sleeps grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gtrust: 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
kobonaire:
bros, don't waste your time arguing with that foôl. In another thread he was making a medical claim .... "that people should drink plenty water before going to sleep to avoid sudden death in sleep".
The guy must have taken a hammer to his head beating at some point of his life hence his name and the nonsense he spews.
Meanwhile your claim the US Army Psych physicians make $250K is plausible as a high limit. I did a search and sure enough your claim appears valid to a degree:- http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/much-doctors-military-make-14129.html

Explaining this to that hammer guy is a waste of time ... leave the block-head to drink his 2 gallons of pure water every night before he sleeps grin

Thank you so much!!

Actually, someone said his relative made 100 million naira after being deployed for 3 straight years in Iraq as a psychologist.

InvertedHammer said impossible!!!

I stumbled on that & after checking, came with the conclusion that a Psychologist (not in the US Army) can make $250,000 per annum doing 7.5 hours + 1 in 7 + maximum 6 weeks holidays per annum.

Na so this InvertedHammer start to de abuse me oh! Just like that.
I asked the young man to apologize he escalated the abuse.

Anyway, no wahala.
I have made my contribution and any serious Psychologist Ofcourse will look at it and work on my post.

As per InvertedHammer, no comment.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by InvertedHammer: 6:21am On Oct 10, 2014
kobonaire:

/
I give up!!!

When you fail to realize the difference between a Psychiatrist and a Psychologist, what else can I say?

Psychologists are not physicians.

Ignorance is bliss
\
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by InvertedHammer: 6:39am On Oct 10, 2014
gtrust:

Thank you so much!!

Actually, someone said his relative made 100 million naira after being deployed for 3 straight years in Iraq as a psychologist.

InvertedHammer said impossible!!!

I stumbled on that & after checking, came with the conclusion that a Psychologist (not in the US Army) can make $250,000 per annum doing 7.5 hours + 1 in 7 + maximum 6 weeks holidays per annum.

Na so this InvertedHammer start to de abuse me oh! Just like that.
I asked the young man to apologize he escalated the abuse.

Anyway, no wahala.
I have made my contribution and any serious Psychologist Ofcourse will look at it and work on my post.

As per InvertedHammer, no comment.
It is OK. I finally realized that common sense is not common after all.
Roll with me let me educate you.
My colleague is an anaesthesiologist. He has three jobs. Two of the jobs as a physician and the other as a guest speaker/lecturer that takes him around the globe.
He makes $260k (1st job under Fed. employment under the military), around $200k from his second job and around $140k from the lectures. So annually as a physician, he makes $600k.

He makes $600k/yr. But that does not negate the fact that he makes around $260k under the military with about 15 years experience as a full-time staff. The bone of contention is not his gross income but the income from military. And by the way, that is as a physician.

Psychologists (Ph.D) under US military employment make "around" $120k/yr. I am yet to see any of them gross $150k/yr from US military (deployment or not).

Perhaps you are not aware that US military salary is by level and years in service and not based on $/hr. You are just too full of yourself to admit that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote me any day.

/
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gtrust: 9:43am On Oct 10, 2014
InvertedHammer:

It is OK. I finally realized that common sense is not common after all.
Roll with me let me educate you.
My colleague is an anaesthesiologist. He has three jobs. Two of the jobs as a physician and the other as a guest speaker/lecturer that takes him around the globe.
He makes $260k (1st job under Fed. employment under the military), around $200k from his second job and around $140k from the lectures. So annually as a physician, he makes $600k.

He makes $600k/yr. But that does not negate the fact that he makes around $260k under the military with about 15 years experience as a full-time staff. The bone of contention is not his gross income but the income from military. And by the way, that is as a physician.

Psychologists (Ph.D) under US military employment make "around" $120k/yr. I am yet to see any of them gross $150k/yr from US military (deployment or not).

Perhaps you are not aware that US military salary is by level and years in service and not based on $/hr. You are just too full of yourself to admit that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote me any day.

/

Now I understand your problem: US Army, US Army!!!
Did you read my post?

I told you I'm not in the US Army & I've NEVER been.
I honestly don't want to be!!
Na by force again

Bring down your ego and READ MY POST!!

Give me that your Anaesthesiologist and I will put him/her in ONE theatre (don't need to travel) and paid him MINIMUM $1.8 million for putting that kind of time!!!

I don't want to call you STUPID but you're pushing my mouth!
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by InvertedHammer: 10:19am On Oct 10, 2014
gtrust:

Now I understand your problem: US Army, US Army!!!
Did you read my post?

I told you I'm not in the US Army & I've NEVER been.
I honestly don't want to be!!
Na by force again

Bring down your ego and READ MY POST!!

Give me that your Anaesthesiologist and I will put him/her in ONE theatre (don't need to travel) and paid him MINIMUM $1.8 million for putting that kind of time!!!

I don't want to call you STUPID b
ut you're pushing my mouth!

\
You remind me of a popular adage, "when fact is not on your side, make some noise".

Granted I don't think you have ever seen a million dollars in your life.

Moving on...the thread is about Nigerian soldiers and how much they earn. One villager mentioned N100m, US Army and Psychologist in one ststement. You said his bogus claim is a fact. I refuted it.

Now we are here. It has nothing to do with whether you are in the military or not. You claimed that you are in the system. But from the bogus data you put out, I called out your BS. And you have continued to tap dance around the issue. And I keep pointing you in the right direction.
1. You did your calculations based on $/hr. US military pay does not work like that. I told u before.
2. There is a chart for military salaries based on level and years of services. A General will end up with about $250k/year. A Ph.D psychologist with many years of experience will be probably a Colonel(O-cool.

When you debate, stick to facts and stick to the topic. As inter alia stated, a Psychologists in US Army does not make even $150k/yr vs. $250k/yr that you and kobonaire erroneously stated.

/
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gtrust: 11:32am On Oct 10, 2014
InvertedHammer:

\
You remind me of a popular adage, "when fact is not on your side, make some noise".

Granted I don't think you have ever seen a million dollars in your life.

Moving on...the thread is about Nigerian soldiers and how much they earn. One villager mentioned N100m, US Army and Psychologist in one ststement. You said his bogus claim is a fact. I refuted it.

Now we are here. It has nothing to do with whether you are in the military or not. You claimed that you are in the system. But from the bogus data you put out, I called out your BS. And you have continued to tap dance around the issue. And I keep pointing you in the right direction.
1. You did your calculations based on $/hr. US military pay does not work like that. I told u before.
2. There is a chart for military salaries based on level and years of services. A General will end up with about $250k/year. A Ph.D psychologist with many years of experience will be probably a Colonel(O-cool.

When you debate, stick to facts and stick to the topic. As inter alia stated, a Psychologists in US Army does not make even $150k/yr vs. $250k/yr that you and kobonaire erroneously stated.

/

Now you agree with me that all this while YOU NEVER READ MY POST!!!

Wasted time then, right
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gtrust: 11:39am On Oct 10, 2014
US Army trains you, Ofcourse you work for them at the terms set by US Army.

I stated this very clearly, I'm not in that system!

My topic was Psychologist and their possible per annum and I did my job stating the facts.

Those figures you're putting out there, outside of the US Army, ONLY Social Workers trained in CBT will touch that NOT a Psychologist.

Read: The Dangers of single story. She's a Nigerian author!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.