Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? (151275 Views)

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Pain(m): 7:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
The salary of a private in the Nigeria n Army and other services ranges between 40 - 56k monthly depending on your years in svc. Let's get our facts right.

The plain truth of this job (aiki) is that it is less burdensome on your mental fiber if you are in it for the passion and patriotism.

Don't bother joining if you are in it for the money. Word of advice...

Peace out as we recite the honorable soldiers creed : My honour is my fate. I vow my .... Oya let's go!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;

Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.
sub lieutenant in the Army?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by jude33084(m): 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
QMark:
Questions dey this Nairaland sha

cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
joker5180:
sub lieutenant in the Army?
ppl dey lie sha

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:
I'mm really disappointed; a sensible human will make dis kind of comment; I mean its embarrasing, bro; what re u saying? 80k ; to givve u a gun; for u to risk ur life; n u say; the pay is not dat bad? Bro re u sure u really sane? God help us; in what poverty in dis con3 has turned our youths into..
in other sectors what category of officers earn 80k?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by mozele(m): 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
hunter21:

the salary is not that bad so why do they keep complaining

some of them complain their salaries get to them too late.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by penny01502: 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
mkoabiola:
So u xpect me to tell u my salary online.
Join d NA n knw
so you really have time to read and comment on nairaland, instead of been at alert with your gun in defending yourself and our country from bokoharam and others related miscreants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Bitojoe(m): 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
I dont know why a reasonable person should get a particular job because of high pay.that's why some army officers are dying,because they are only there to collect money and not to defend with good mentality.but no matter how much they earn,i can't join NA because my future plan wont work out well if i do.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Zaikon(m): 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
rattlesnake:
Yellow fever is like 8,500 smiley
lol you badt
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
Omololu007:
well i bliv,pple are joinin d army,cos dey wanna defend and protect thier country,so they wont care about the money.80k nah change o,a friend of mine jst got a job in a bank and he will b paid 350k every month,he go just dey sit for insyd air condition,dey receive dat amount o,,and i know pple who work in oil companies and earn more dan 600k every month,,but dis soldiers that are risking dia life for u and i,are receivin 80k,u no fit use am buy wine in som hotel...is so dam small.
am sure the friends you referred to are graduates but the 80k been talked about is for someone that enter the service with secondary school certificate.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Atk1nson(m): 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:
I'mm really disappointed; a sensible human will make dis kind of comment; I mean its embarrasing, bro; what re u saying? 80k ; to givve u a gun; for u to risk ur life; n u say; the pay is not dat bad? Bro re u sure u really sane? God help us; in what poverty in dis con3 has turned our youths into..
No need to insult him, you don't know where he is coming from. In the Nigeria of today where some graduates earn as low as 50k with no job security, no BIKs, no prospect of promotion e.t.c, the NA job is a 'big' tin.
Check the number of applications they get during recruitments

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
penny01502:
so you really have time to read and comment on nairaland, instead of been at alert with your gun in defending yourself and our country from bokoharam and others related miscreants
bros nor talk this thing face to face o
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by mryusuffga(m): 7:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
i believe every sector should be paid with the same salary scale such as health,teachers etc likewise police,custom and even army.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Dondave11: 7:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
i luv dis family.. called nl...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by DaKardinals: 7:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
Na the same salary both army, navy and air force dey collect..so far as I know the alert I see every month on my friend's phone is 67k and she is a sergeant...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Jfrezzy(m): 7:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
I think the pay is good,and u guys did not add up other allowances,so with the allowances it should be high,I think the defence pay in nigeria is Good ,with free houses and transporting ,I think is ok,
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by tiarwale: 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
rattlesnake:
Yellow fever is like 8,500 smiley
guy u no well o chai cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by icepoint(m): 7:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
Spence has done a proper breakdown of the salaries of the rank and files , yet some pple are still yapping that is not enough . The question is, which salary is enough? Every job is a risk, what happens to our core civil servants whose take home after task is 67k yet they are graduates some don't even earn up to that depending on the organization. I respect the Nigerian armed forces especially the Nigerian army cos my father is one and I am a civil servant. A recruit don't earn up to 80 k pls.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by KolaShangOne(m): 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
No pay is worth risking your life...

The problem of this country is poverty. People go into the army because of salaries not passion anymore.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Missy89(f): 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
If NCOs are getting as much as 80k and they pay them on time, that's a decent salary as per Nigerian standard.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by cannonnier(m): 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
publicenemy:

Do you know how much the U.S soldiers earn?

How much does a banker earn for a start?..its jusst like any other job their salary increases with time.and don't forget they are entitled to free accomodationn.

Free what. Inside that 80, they will remove house rent, 2k pension, and other nonsense. You will be left with sub-total 50k and a little+.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by nijanigga: 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
BlackTechnology:

80k is good enough for a recruit who is not a graduate.

If he invests a part of those salaries every month for 10yrs, he would be able to establish a good business for himself that can take care of him after retirement.

Remember

It is not how much you earn that matters but how much you are able to set aside to invest for businesses

So when picking a job, you look at how much you can set aside to invest for businesses

For me a SSCE holder earning 80k can invest 30k every month which will amount to over 3.6million in 10yrs sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

For a graduate earning 180k, if he invests at least 80k every month, it will amount to 9.6million after 10 yrs. Sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

But first we must verify their real incomes

Why do Nigerian youths have no abilities for critical thinking. Ok, look at this one, he did not even factor inflation, and depreciation of the naira among other things. Woeful projections.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by greall1: 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
Comment without evidence to prove. C is believe.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by angelo82: 7:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
hunter21:

the salary is not that bad so why do they keep complaining

80K is small for a job where you can loose your life…They need to double the money especially this time of terrorist attacks….
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by nnamdi65(m): 7:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
undecidedSo minimum wage is even 18k undecidedSo minimum wage is even 18k

And my mistress is paying me 15

because I dey use ND result baah

#time 4sch MA selfini

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by SirAweezy(m): 7:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;

Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.

40k is the average.. Not 80k
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by NeuroBoss(m): 7:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
DoctorFaust:

You see it works!!
Let me see it work with this
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
BlackTechnology:

80k is good enough for a recruit who is not a graduate.

If he invests a part of those salaries every month for 10yrs, he would be able to establish a good business for himself that can take care of him after retirement.

Remember

It is not how much you earn that matters but how much you are able to set aside to invest for businesses

So when picking a job, you look at how much you can set aside to invest for businesses

For me a SSCE holder earning 80k can invest 30k every month which will amount to over 3.6million in 10yrs sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

For a graduate earning 180k, if he invests at least 80k every month, it will amount to 9.6million after 10 yrs. Sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

But first we must verify their real incomes

U shud meet my dad.
He says "saving money does not make you rich, but investing and re-investing does"
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Galadimabawa: 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
So there are no soldiers in this NL to say the true, with this nonsence and lia u pple are writting i feel like crying, but no b for my mouth u go hearin
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Princecharmin(m): 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
publicenemy:

Do you know how much the U.S soldiers earn?

How much does a banker earn for a start?..its jusst like any other job their salary increases with time.and don't forget they are entitled to free accomodationn.
c ur head like 'free accommodation' angry shey civil servants nor dey get free accommodation ....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by JuanDeDios: 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
Princecalm:
You should not compare a soldier to a banker,a banker is way above a soldier.But a soldier can also tell a banker to lie flat if he misbehaves.
Yeah. In a dysfunctional state like Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by sweetgala(m): 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
spenc:
[Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub
leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;
Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.]

Wrong, very wrong.

Private - 59k
Lcpl- 62k
Cpl - 67k
Sgt- 70k
SSgt- 87k
Wo- 100k
Mwo 150k

the figures above vary a little based on the number of years spent on the rank. I am not on a guess ride cus i am involved. If not for the ongoing Army GCM i would have scanned a payslip for all to see. Please before u post anything ensure itz a fact.

Are you an army man ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.