Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? (151273 Views)

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by GANDALF1(m): 8:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
efilefun:

imagine can you go close to the north been paid such amount talkless of going to sambisa or facing those miscreants. My popc friend wey follow us army go Iraq just as psychologist came back after 3yrs with almost 100M and u are here saying trash if sojo slap ur destiny comot u go say dem dey flex power

The way you guys quote money in this country is annoyingly stu.pid

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by cannonnier(m): 8:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by cannonnier(m): 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
publicenemy:

50k to someone without a university education in a country like NIGERIA....and for a recruit.

there are somany jobless graduate out there and some dont even earn as much...i think its fair.

Don't compare educational status, this is the military and your bravery is what matter.

50k in Nigeria is way too small for our soldiers, come on, we're talking of someone wearing his soul on his collar to fight on the f-line, they deserve better.

I believe some are there for passion and the love they have for mother-land, but who else should deserve more if not them.

Btw how much does a L.G.A counselor earns? I believe it's a bigger chunk of money.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by clemz88(m): 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
olajide8:

People lie to much in this country small and old- which bank pays 350k now- except the person is middle level management and has some certifications from outside nigeria and experience from outside nigeria* oil companies yes- but you must also have at least 3yrs experience in a big multi-national
guy I trowey salute. Dnt mind the guy I dnt know where he git his fake info from

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by ojtopsy: 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
Before abacha died no civil servant was on 10k it was abdusalam dat introduced 5k min. Wage and later reduced it to 3.5k. Obj took it to 7.5 and later 12.5. Jona now took it to18.5k. But a lot of people won't believe cos it sound strange that a prof was not collecting up to 10k as at 1998. Tks to ibb and abacha. The rot these guys created will take a generation or two to clear. That was the beginning of impunity and insensitivity in the Nigerian civil service and every facet of our lives.

He who has ears let him hear.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Acidosis(m): 8:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
80k plus accomodation + subsidized education and health is a good deal for a starter!
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by speeddon18(m): 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ilaje44:

Because knowledge is more powerful than a barrel of gun. Wars have been won without firing a shot.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by DONADAMS(m): 8:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
gee147:
U guys dnt knw nfn abt Army salary,,,a private soja's salary is 49k
yah!ur ryt...ma dad nd ma aunt r soldiers!
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by ogaofficer(m): 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
aris2014:

Up blues, guy u fit give me sure matches for tomoro? Please
bros na only chelsea i fit guarantee u o, na da match dae ma mind only da match.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by creamylicious(f): 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
So of all d clubs tat played today, none was worthy to grace front page? Segregation is not good
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by InvertedHammer: 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
efilefun:

imagine can you go close to the north been paid such amount talkless of going to sambisa or facing those miscreants. My popc friend wey follow us army go Iraq just as psychologist came back after 3yrs with almost 100M and u are here saying trash if sojo slap ur destiny comot u go say dem dey flex power
/
You are one bold-faced liar!

You do not know anything about US military pay scale.

US military personnel make far less than civilians doing the same jobs. But they get a lot of benefits.

A US military psychologist that went to Iraq ( remember it is by deployment) and in less than 2 years made N100m robbed a bank over there. No way in hell.

People just type whatever fulfills t heir fantasy
/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
Viewing this topic:tellwisdom,xp17(m),authebabe,Chy27,practicalclass,cindy7,chike4,mummyson26,ggoldmine,LynForward,perezzi,remmy007(m),kaysy(m),Nobleval,UNIBENDON,banky222,sambright2012,tombig,adelegan1,Mzdemmie(f),trojanviru,alextywo(m),ykmotors(m),Shaolinbaba(m),DavidHume(m),Sprintx24(m),kaywhynoni(m),ogb12(m),Mrdigitech(m),shorexng,Adeyinkaolu,command01(f),bluejeff(m),julieme,persius555,goddison(m),drmikeadams(m),Coolboyz,Tonywhite700,Lordave,SailorXY,omolizzy(f),chuksbogus,doctore89,Sukosam(m),sphinx54,Tmissy3000(m),blackshow(m),sunsky29(m),ellad2k4eva(m),Theodosius(m),EllaD101(f),Bsc(m),Cul4real(m),dmitroika(m),seyikares(f),dannie007,Solmax(m),IRAPADA(m),seyekan(m),Ojobojo1(m),LogoDWhiz(m),mbadinujiu(m),dkdigits(m),overhigh,samally,iamchiddy,bropeee(m),Temmy91,mitnick(m),lanotipo(m),gracephysics,layemx(m),silverprince413(m),remcoface,viczing(m),ArtistA(m),tayoxx(m),hawksford,dnative(m),toluwatos(m),fortunexx,Alexsmith20(m),dandadee,Jaywilzee(m),dunmorris(m),swagsguy(m),Adeola29,Ibime(m),bumdish,okeyokeyjah(m),nomoless,Johnpaul2k2(m),lakpalakpa,bfn1,eleko1,ziccoit,papiforreal(m),coolebux,Mobsync(m),mwailu,damola1,TUNEX89(m),fernandoc(m),Santi22,noibilism(m),trigar12(m),DrHesjay(m),Noblemarce,Saimeritus(m),Ayplaza,clemz88,felai,complete1(m),freshpreshy,Lorenzena,Johnsonpac(m),saheed63,thoexynne(f),mamba202(m),ngolieze22,temi4fash(m),donsunny22(m),cuntento,kart042000(m),Obaradikegwu(m),rule(m),AmenJoan(f),AdekunleBalogun,Desanta,fabnikky(f),Reality2015(m),madgoat(m),silversonuc(m),Farouksenior,Ilaje44,Boscojugunu(m),afolayanmi,jalie(f),yemyem2(m),PTAwal,Sirnuel,Sammywalex(m),made2fit(f),sheunfunmi(f),DONADAMS(m),blasterman(m),prest(m),ogaofficer(m),Ezennaemeka1(m),MDCEO1,amwhoichose,versace400(m),GANDALF1(m),Lily4star(f),freshbear,swtdarling(f),sdavirus,liztemi(f),davidstunt(m),jumpmasta(m),sam4(m),ikwoche(m),espirito(m),Kingisun,Firefire(m),bamtos14(m),EMILO2STAY(m),eph12(m),lharstborn(m),instaforexngr(m),endibe(m),redcloud(m),luckman20,LordAdam,Mars88(m),sonssyo,abbey2kool,nwaire,terrymason(m),RooneyMan,kasobaba,bayooz(m),idnoble007(m),Dinobenson,BlackLeopard(m),oloyedayo(m),helpforcouples,SuperLoveGiver(m),BiggyB242(m),2boiz,Kologie,Unekz,drizzit(m),Danchiks(m),patrickmuf(m),sunrothyme,Technocracy,urhoboman(m),Milo96(m),Sepp360(m),mondaypaul77(m),sexzskil(f),JAPSONIC,lorddubic,robzyone,akata1,Obynobyl(m),goldenval(m),NeuroBoss(m),nepp,Lanrefreshkid,maximunimpact(m),muzikndme,limgo,YourCrush,Rocktation(f),Yemz213(m),uduokirika1(m),Slimceezy(m),huzhomah,ApcBroom,Calebosko(m),ojialo(m),ameenahz(f),NupeZalla,gr8femfredand 265 guest(s)
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Abdngna: 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;

Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.

I heared a conversation with one of the armies who refused to obey their oga @ d top's order to go confront BH 4 they were not given sufficient armouries in Borno on BBC's Hausa radio prgrm, saying;
they are being paid around 45k/mnth, and out of that amount too, 15k are being removed for food or whatever i don forgot sha.

He claimed they were just given one catridge of amunition par soldier some it's not even up to that No. to go 4 d operation.
One civilian JTF when asked said they were given just 30 amunitions each, if they need the amount doubled, they need to bribe the amunition issuer
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by switch47(m): 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
If i tell you , i would have to kill you!
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by DONADAMS(m): 9:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
So na here evrybody dey?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by simplisity(m): 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
An average U.S Army receive 23,250 thousand dollar a month.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by lawrenceunaa: 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Stop ranting bro. 80k is a very decent salary for army recruits in a country where the minimum wage is 18k.

I even doubt it's up to that. I'll be surprised if it is.
go and join na
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nursy(f): 9:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
Its not up to 80k for recruits. I had my soldier frnd atm card for 5mnths, his salary was/is 53k. He has been working since 2008.
Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:
I'mm really disappointed; a sensible human will make dis kind of comment; I mean its embarrasing, bro; what re u saying? 80k ; to givve u a gun; for u to risk ur life; n u say; the pay is not dat bad? Bro re u sure u really sane? God help us; in what poverty in dis con3 has turned our youths into..
Seconded
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gomeks(m): 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
ogaofficer:
4 those recruite(spellcheck) i guez they earn 40k most o o. I knw ogas at d top wu earn 120k lieutenant. 2ND TO COMMENT. NEXT WIK GO MAKE SENSE DIE STARTING FROM 2MAO. IF CHELSEA SHUD DFEAT ARSENAL 2mao that will be A GREAt TESTIMONY.

Your day is bad already because the game is lost and won. up gunners

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
rattlesnake:
Yellow fever is like 8,500 smiley
Lmao You Get Bad Mouth oh!
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by DaBullIT(m): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
osile2012:
will u stand under the sun and expose ur life to the danger of death on a daily bases for 80k? Be transferred without prior notice for 80k?

Kuku sidown for house make them come dey pay you nah, that's the translation of what you just said

Police are first responders to crimes like robbery , they don't earn that much

Traffic wardens aka , yellow fever risk being killed everyday , they don't earn that much

Nurses and doctors risks thier lives daily to treat and cure diseases, they don't earn that much

When will the salary be worth standing under sun and risking your life
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by abatically(m): 9:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
oluwasegun007:

Why won't they complain....if doctors who claim to save lives earn more than that what about Army who secure lives including properties.

Now are u seriously comparing a medical doctor with a souldier? A doctor that spent 6 years in the university doing intensive study with little time to flex. Then goes to medical school, professional courses etc before becoming a certified doctor. Now u want to compare him with a souldier with SSCE? I wonder how people dey reason sef. If it is easy to become a doctor u should try and become one.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by prowlG: 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
Right in front of some soldiers now, am tempted to go ask them how much is their salary. Hope all iz weLL

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by AdekunleBalogun: 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Stop ranting bro. 80k is a very decent salary for army recruits in a country where the minimum wage is 18k.

If the salary is that mush to you that you are not considering the lifes of these men then you should take up an appointment with the army too.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
Princecalm:
You should not compare a soldier to a banker,a banker is way above a soldier.But a soldier can also tell a banker to lie flat if he misbehaves.
correct ur statement.wot make a banker above a soldier.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gidjah(m): 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:

UNCLE ADE YOU are d one most wrong!no recruite earns up to that,infact not even sergent in d NA GetS Up To That!May Be Fron SSGT And Above.A Recruit earns just about 40 to 41k
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Mobsync(m): 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
DoctorFaust:

Give a Bro some credit!!!

Which network? Mtn, glo, etisalat or airtel? :-D

Nice observation. Thumbs up.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Noblemarce: 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
What is d salary difference btw a soldier that entered 2ru dssc n those dat went 2ru nda ?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by mentorandfriend(m): 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

You're very heartless bro. No vex.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
mkoabiola:
So u xpect me to tell u my salary online.
Join d NA n knw
I tire for the guy o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.