Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,584 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Eedris Abdulkareem Lambasts MTV For Excluding His Song From Greatest Naija Songs - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eedris Abdulkareem Lambasts MTV For Excluding His Song From Greatest Naija Songs (892 Views)

A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? / Is VIC O the greatest Naija musician? / What Are The 50 Greatest Naija Songs Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eedris Abdulkareem Lambasts MTV For Excluding His Song From Greatest Naija Songs by houstonia(m): 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
Eedris Abdulkareem seem to be dissatisfied with MTV's list of greatest naija songs of all time. For me o, I only feel Limpopo shouldn't come last, but on second thought it's MTV's list so no need for the haterocracy.

Re: Eedris Abdulkareem Lambasts MTV For Excluding His Song From Greatest Naija Songs by Abbey2sam(m): 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
Somehow i will say he's right

my humble opinion
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem Lambasts MTV For Excluding His Song From Greatest Naija Songs by delishpot: 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
I dont gerrit, of all time as in all generations know the song. (eg Sweet mother, no woman no cry, murder she wrote, we are the world etc etc) cos out of all the listed songs, only African queen can be said to be of all time o. The rest are just for the season.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem Lambasts MTV For Excluding His Song From Greatest Naija Songs by Indifferent(m): 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
Eedris don't take it personal.
I think MTV judged based on the songs that made wave internationally. Let's not be local about this,lets be a little bit Urban. How is Jaga Jaga Video? Where else did it get air play outside Nigeria. A song of one insulting his country can't be one of the greats.
Fela's songs, Nico Mbaga's sweet mother etc. Are not there cos when they were released, MTV had no attention to African Songs
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem Lambasts MTV For Excluding His Song From Greatest Naija Songs by Indifferent(m): 9:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
delishpot:
I dont gerrit, of all time as in all generations know the song. (eg Sweet mother, no woman no cry, murder she wrote, we are the world etc etc) cos out of all the listed songs, only African queen can be said to be of all time o. The rest are just for the season.
No woman no cry was done by Bob Marley, Murder she wrote by Chaka Demus and Pliers (both Jamaicans)
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem Lambasts MTV For Excluding His Song From Greatest Naija Songs by delishpot: 10:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
Indifferent:

No woman no cry was done by Bob Marley, Murder she wrote by Chaka Demus and Pliers (both Jamaicans)

I know, I was just mentioning them as examples of greatest songs. Songs that generations after generations will know and sing. To me African queen and dbanj oliver twist are the greatest songs in that list.
If you talk of hits ehen the rest can be mentioned.
I dont know how best to express ny thoughts sef.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem Lambasts MTV For Excluding His Song From Greatest Naija Songs by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 05, 2014
MTV have always been known to air mostly trashy songs. That is why 95 percent of songs played on MTV are HIP-HOP or pop music. Hardly will you ever see any rock, country, Jazz, classical, indie, Reggae song on that nonsense MTV. They only play trashy songs to further brainswash the youths into indulging in more immoralities, most of the songs promoted are useless, senseless and tasteless! angry

No wonder trashy songs like Limpopo, Dami duro can make Nigeria's greatest song of all time yet great songs Olufunmi, Jagajaga, Mr President, Sweet Mother etc that had massive airplays back then were all relegated to the muds. Let MTV stick their phucking rating up thier azz angry
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem Lambasts MTV For Excluding His Song From Greatest Naija Songs by MrTeymee(m): 7:52am On Oct 05, 2014
How the fvck did limpopo make that list
Even dami duro sef for christ sake
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem Lambasts MTV For Excluding His Song From Greatest Naija Songs by yoji: 4:06am On Oct 11, 2014
He's right, jaga jaga is a classic, that instrumental became the soundtrack of that era. Also olufunmi has to be there

(1) (Reply)

Music: Tekno – Zima / VIDEO : Pana - Tekno / B-red Ft. Davido – Fall For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.