Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,380 members, 7,781,065 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:20 AM

Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. (58198 Views)

Cost Of Borehole In Different Areas / Cost Of Borehole Drilling In Okota, Lagos / Cost Of Borehole Drilling In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2018
GREATESTPIANIST:
Good morning Sir, please can u help me with these few details.... am a,student, and ther is a course on mechanical services we offer in skul, we are to give details for a shallow bore hole to b dug for a proposed 2 storey buildin agbado ijaiye (after abegba)...... i proposed no need for water treatment plants due to d area , wat do u think sir?

-- i assumed a depth of 40 m. is dis ok?
-- what kind of pump?
--- how many horsepower etc
-- the borehole casing diameters
--- pipes uses
--- and oda little details u can help me wit sir .....pls
So i include it in my report, all i got on google wasnt as i wanted or understood, thanks for your anticipated response.......I am grateful

Thank you for your questions, we sincerely appreciate them and sorry for the little delay in getting back to you. The depth of fresh water aquifer is not really determined that way, normally depths vary from one location to the other within the same locality, but a depth of 40m could be said to be on the average, but be mindful of the fact that some locations there are a little above that depth, while some other locations there fall below that depth. The pump to be used is called submersible pump and for a depth of 40m, 1Hp submersible pump is suitable for it. The diameter of the borehole casing pipes is largely determined by your budget and the standard of the drilling company, casing pipes of 5 inches diameter is suitable for it. There are other materials like tension rope, riser pipes, etc, that are used during submersible pump installation. I hope this information will help you, if there is any other thing you would like to know, kindly let us know. Thanking you in appreciation.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by GREATESTPIANIST: 1:10am On Jan 24, 2018
Ibinwanne:
Thank you for your questions, we sincerely appreciate them and sorry for the little delay in getting back to you. The depth of fresh water aquifer is not really determined that way, normally depths vary from one location to the other within the same locality, but a depth of 40m could be said to be on the average, but be mindful of the fact that some locations there are a little above that depth, while some other locations there fall below that depth. The pump to be used is called submersible pump and for a depth of 40m, 1Hp submersible pump is suitable for it. The diameter of the borehole casing pipes is largely determined by your budget and the standard of the drilling company, casing pipes of 5 inches diameter is suitable for it. There are other materials like tension rope, riser pipes, etc, that are used during submersible pump installation. I hope this information will help you, if there is any other thing you would like to know, kindly let us know. Thanking you in appreciation.

Thank you Sir for the helpful response. I immediately jotted down all you said in my report, our Lecturer says he would penalize those that don't know what they are doing as we would have to defend on the day of reckoning all we put down in our reports.

As regards my location sir, i do not mind using any depth you would propose to me, i thought 40m would be okay considering that area, (that is where i live plus we are to assume any location we want), what do you think sir?

or is it ok?
then i want to assume i consulted a not too expensive company to handle the project , the lecturer says we must know at least most of the vital details of these things. diameters, the pipes etc as u stated earlier, i do not really know much.

you also stated this "The diameter of the borehole casing pipes is largely determined by your budget and the standard of the drilling company, casing pipes of 5 inches diameter is suitable for it. There are other materials like tension rope, riser pipes, etc, that are used during submersible pump installation" ----- i need the few details on it sir (riser pipes, tension rope, etc with their diameters ), people have failed this course (because they dubbed others and wrote down rubbish then during time of defence they mess up), its not my portion though , i dont want to make these mistakes sir.

Please help me with these details sir, i am really grateful for your help.

ps- can i give you a call (at what time of the day)? i got your number from your profile
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 8:04am On Jan 24, 2018
GREATESTPIANIST:

Thank you Sir for the helpful response. I immediately jotted down all you said in my report, our Lecturer says he would penalize those that don't know what they are doing as we would have to defend on the day of reckoning all we put down in our reports.

As regards my location sir, i do not mind using any depth you would propose to me, i thought 40m would be okay considering that area, (that is where i live plus we are to assume any location we want), what do you think sir?

or is it ok?
then i want to assume i consulted a not too expensive company to handle the project , the lecturer says we must know at least most of the vital details of these things. diameters, the pipes etc as u stated earlier, i do not really know much.

you also stated this "The diameter of the borehole casing pipes is largely determined by your budget and the standard of the drilling company, casing pipes of 5 inches diameter is suitable for it. There are other materials like tension rope, riser pipes, etc, that are used during submersible pump installation" ----- i need the few details on it sir (riser pipes, tension rope, etc with their diameters ), people have failed this course (because they dubbed others and wrote down rubbish then during time of defence they mess up), its not my portion though , i dont want to make these mistakes sir.

Please help me with these details sir, i am really grateful for your help.

ps- can i give you a call (at what time of the day)? i got your number from your profile
Please, you can call me on any of the following numbers for a more detailed explanation: 08099405096, 08084019485 or 08036745944. You can equally come to our office at C7, Loto Shopping Complex, Opp. Fara Park Estate, Lekki-Epe Express Road, Lagos. Just ask for Oliver, I will be happy to put you through. Thanks a million.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:07pm On Jan 24, 2018
Ibinwanne:
Please, you can call me on any of the following numbers for a more detailed explanation: 08099405096, 08084019485 or 08036745944. You can equally come to our office at C7, Loto Shopping Complex, Opp. Fara Park Estate, Lekki-Epe Express Road, Lagos. Just ask for Oliver, I will be happy to put you through. Thanks a million.
Alright Sir......thanks
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Abunoonyia: 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2018
Is it possible to dig a borehole around Proda, Emene in Enugu State? Your initial response to this thread says that aquifers can be found in Emene. Can you be specific if one can successfully drill a borehole between the surrounding of Proda industrial layout and Goshen Estate Premier layout.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2018
Abunoonyia:
Is it possible to dig a borehole around Proda, Emene in Enugu State? Your initial response to this thread says that aquifers can be found in Emene. Can you be specific if one can successfully drill a borehole between the surrounding of Proda industrial layout and Goshen Estate Premier layout.
Thank you for your interest in our organization, we sincerely appreciate it. The truth of the matter is that borehole drilling is not really determined that way, I always advice my clients to take the extra pain of carrying out a geophysical survey in the project location so as to have first hand geological and hydrogeological information. Is difficult to determine for sure the exact nature of the aquifer ( productive or not), the depth of the fresh water aquifer and the different formations one will encounter in the course of drilling proper. I therefore advice you to consider carrying out a hydrogeological investigation of the underground water before embarking on the drilling proper. Thanks a lot.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 4:27pm On Mar 05, 2018
Completed Water Purification Plant.
Location: Jubrin Okelewu Estate, Off Olokonla bus stop, Ajah, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2018
Geophysical Survey For A Suitable Underground Water.

Location: Henry Ajoh street, Royal Palmwill Estate, Off Ramlek Bus stop, Badore, Ajah.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2018
Completed borehole drilling project.

Location: Westend estate, Lekki county homes, off Ikota school bus stop, Lekki, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 9:12am On May 01, 2018
Completed borehole project.

Erunwem, Balogun, Ikorodu, Lagos State.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 4:13pm On May 04, 2018
Project: Geophysical survey for a suitable underground water extraction.

Location: Road 9, Isheri North Residential Scheme, Kosofe L.G.A. Off Opic Bus Stop, Lagos State.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 4:52pm On May 04, 2018
Project: Borehole project.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 4:59pm On May 12, 2018
Design And Installation Of Water Treatment Plant.

Project Location: Abonnema Girls Secondary School, Abonnema, Akuku-Toru L.G.A. Rivers State.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 11:01pm On May 24, 2018
Commencement of borehole drilling project.
Location: papalanto/Shagamu Road, Amemurire, Ifo, Ogun State.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 2:47pm On May 25, 2018
Geophysical survey for a suitable underground water investigation.

Location: Sparklight Estate, Opp. Opic, Beside Metrix Filling Station, Off Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by winta2008: 8:34am On May 29, 2018
Can you send me your number?

How much do you charge for Borehole drilling or geophysical survey?
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 1:41pm On May 29, 2018
winta2008:
Can you send me your number?

How much do you charge for Borehole drilling or geophysical survey?
Thanks a lot for your interest in our organization, we sincerely appreciate it. The cost of a borehole drilling project depending on location relies so much on the outcome of a geophysical survey, because the geophysical survey will reveal such information as the different geological formations, depth of the fresh water aquifer, as well as the expected yield. The cost of the geophysical survey varies depending on the location as well, because of the cost implication of moving the team, and the equipment. My numbers are 08099405096, 08084019485, 0803675944. I am looking forward to hearing from you, thanks a million.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 2:53pm On Jun 01, 2018
Project: A geophysical survey for a suitable underground water.
Location: Akinmola Aduke Street, Lakwe phase 2, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2018
Project: Geophysical survey for a suitable underground water.

Location: Kessington Close, Atlantic View Estate, Off Alpha Beach Road, By New Road Bus Stop, Lekki, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by mikeywise(m): 10:07pm On Jul 09, 2018
please @ op, what are the demerits of "hanging" in bore hole drilling?
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2018
mikeywise:
please @ op, what are the demerits of "hanging" in bore hole drilling?
Thank you for your question, it is important to note that vertical holes are completed by lowering a free-hanging string of casing into an oversized, straight borehole. The casing is mostly subjected to minor compressive stresses during installation. As a result of that, casing breakage may occur during installation and this will in turn allow infiltration of sediments and any other type of underground water contaminants into the borehole which may contaminate the freshwater or even condemn the borehole.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 6:57am On Jul 12, 2018
Project: Completed borehole drilling project.

Location: Kessington Close, Atlantic View Estate, Off Alpha Beach Road, By New Road Bus Stop, Lekki, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by mikeywise(m): 2:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
@op, is it advisable to dig borehole during the rainy season?
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2018
mikeywise:
@op, is it advisable to dig borehole during the rainy season?
It is advisable to drill borehole anytime you're ready for it, be it rainy season or dry season. The most important thing is for the drillers to ensure that they drill to the depth of the productive fresh water aquifer, once that is achieved, there won't be any issues at all, even at the peak of the dry season. Thanking you and hoping that you will remember us when you're ready for the project execution.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 10:04am On Jul 16, 2018
Project: Completed borehole drilling project (2).

Location: Westend estate, Lekki county homes, off Ikota school bus stop, Lekki, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 10:09am On Jul 16, 2018
Project: Completed borehole drilling project (3).

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 6:57am On Jul 30, 2018
Project: Water treatment plant design and installation. 1.

Location: Tobiloba lawal street, off Ologolo road, by Argungi bus stop, Lekki, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2018
Project: Installation of water treatment plant.

Location: Kensington close, Atlantic view estate, off Alpha beach road, by New road bus stop, Lekki, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2018
Project: Design and installation of water treatment plant 2. ( the second treatment plant).

Location: Tobiloba lawal street, Off Ologolo road, by Agungi bus stop, Lekki, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 7:26am On Aug 28, 2018
Project: Coupling of Reverse Osmosis water treatment system.
Location: PSL Yard, NPA Road, Before Ogunu Bridge, Warri, Delta State.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 7:27am On Aug 28, 2018
Project: Coupling of Reverse Osmosis water treatment system.

Location: PSL Yard, NPA Road, Before Ogunu Bridge, Warri, Delta State.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Building from the Diaspora: 3 Bedroom Bungalow + Penthouse (2 Rooms) at Calabar / The Nigerian Tenancy Law On Eviction? / Price Of All Kinds Of Roofing Sheets In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.