Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Ji-sung Park Is Now Ambassador To Manchester United Football Club - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ji-sung Park Is Now Ambassador To Manchester United Football Club (593 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / Ex-red Devil Park Ji-sung’s Wedding (photos) / Akwa United Football Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ji-sung Park Is Now Ambassador To Manchester United Football Club by 2324xclusive: 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ji-sung Park is now ambassador to Manchester United football club.

Source >>>> http://www.2324xclusive.com/2014/10/2324xclusive-update-sport-news-new.html

[img]http://4.bp..com/-iFUls3f1KWI/VDBIjkafhCI/AAAAAAAACyI/a2qUB7wZi_w/s1600/JiSung_goal_1.jpg[/img]

Ji-sung Park was delighted to be back at Old Trafford on Saturday following his appointment as Manchester United's new club ambassador.
The former midfielder took advantage of the Everton match being played a day later to have a private look around the stadium he called home for seven years. He also paid a visit to the Aon Training Complex where he caught up with the club's retired kit manager Albert Morgan, a good friend during his time as a player.
"I’m very happy to be back," Park told ManUtd.com. "I got very used to Manchester - its atmosphere, its weather - when I played here so it's very familiar to me. I felt very comfortable when I got off the train today."
Park, who retired from football in May, admits he didn't expect he'd ever return to United after leaving to join Queens Park Rangers in the summer of 2012.
"I thought my relationship with Manchester United was finished because it’s a huge club and I am just one of the many players who come in, play here and then leave. So when the club asked me to become an ambassador, I couldn’t believe it but of course, I was happy to accept. It’s a huge, huge honour for me."
When asked about the duties he expects to fulfill in his new position, Park explained: "Manchester United holds many events around the world with its commercial partners and I will be involved in some of those, meeting the partners and the fans and sharing my experiences as a player. It’s a new role for me after retiring from football and I’m really looking forward to doing it."
As the first Asian player to play for the Reds, Park remains an iconic figure for many United fans around the globe, not least in his native continent. But why does he think the club has such a passionate following there? "There are all kinds of reasons. The great history, the level of football… Manchester United can touch your heart. That’s why Asian people love the club. I'm looking forward to seeing them and fans from all over the world again as a club ambassador."

source >>>>> http://www.2324xclusive.com/2014/10/2324xclusive-update-sport-news-new.html

(1) (Reply)

F1 Championship.russian Grand Prix. / Messi Is A Better Player Than Cristiano Ronaldo - Suarez / Serena Williams Flaunts Figure As She Strips Down For Australian Lingerie Compan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.