Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,795 members, 7,806,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much (80822 Views)

If Nigeria Is So Rich, Why Are Nigerians So Poor? / Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? / This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by reliableme: 7:27am On Oct 05, 2014
God done bless 9ja already, na inferiority complex dey do countries wey no b 9ja.
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by matrixx9(m): 7:29am On Oct 05, 2014
Nigerians Can Be Annoying At Times, but let's hear some opinions from non Nigerians.. Aranaa, KwameGh
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 05, 2014
They hate Nigerians simply because we 'NEVER SAY NEVER'
The only problem we have is corruption...it's almost rooted in us

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by shigoslim(m): 7:39am On Oct 05, 2014
No need to debate all i will say GOD bless Nigeria and Nigerians, happy Sunday tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 05, 2014
How can one even take the OP serious when he thinks Wole Soyinka belongs in the Education sector instead of in Literature? You mentioned Achebe (Respect, late sire) and Adichie in the Literature sector and put Soyinka in the Education sector.

As for the topic, stop all these BS about people hating you guys. Every African country has her own reputable writers, computer gurus, actors etc. What is with calling Nigerian achievers as if other Africans don't have theirs. After all, South Africa alone has at least 2 Nobel Laureates (Literature) and 2 Nobel Laureates (Peace). They won the Rugby world cup in 1995. They are a super power in cricket. They are a force to reckon with in swimming. Their football league is arguably the best in Africa. They have some of the best universities in Africa and some of the best in the world.
You should read about other African countries. You would be surprised that African countries are moving forward and no country has the time to hate on another.

14 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by lacicrips(m): 8:16am On Oct 05, 2014
Nigerians are found everywhere. That's the short and simple answer. 'Hate' is a pretty strong word.
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by myads890(m): 8:21am On Oct 05, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

yes, he invented super computing and won a prize for it. Gordon Prize

i believe what we should consider is the fact that he didnt even grow up here. he was able to achieve this feat simply because he was in a better environment and its arguable that if he had grown up in Nigeria and attended a Nigerian school he probably wouldn't have achieved what he did. we are simply taking the credit for someone else's hard work. We really need to develop our country if we want to claim the title of "giant of Africa".

Our president and other political leaders have to travel to abroad to treat ailments that should be treated here and disregard the fact that its their responsibility to fix it here.

Still, haters can hate. Dem no know as e dey go
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 05, 2014
dlox147:
Every country in Africa needs and targets the Nigerian market and consumers to patronize their Goods and services..the likes of MTN,Kasaprekos alamo bitters and co..

lol

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by matrixx9(m): 8:32am On Oct 05, 2014
Aranaa,, JiggamanGh, KwameGh
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by K114: 8:46am On Oct 05, 2014
Never been so proud to be a Nigerian, Nice post.

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by major466(m): 8:51am On Oct 05, 2014
chreldb:
Rubbish post. Narcissism and self deceit at its finest. Philip Emeagwli?
How did the post became rubbish? You are basically a negative person.

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:02am On Oct 05, 2014
myads890:

i believe what we should consider is the fact that he didnt even grow up here. he was able to achieve this feat simply because he was in a better environment and its arguable that if he had grown up in Nigeria and attended a Nigerian school he probably wouldn't have achieved what he did. we are simply taking the credit for someone else's hard work. We really need to develop our country if we want to claim the title of "giant of Africa".

Our president and other political leaders have to travel to abroad to treat ailments that should be treated here and disregard the fact that its their responsibility to fix it here.

Still, haters can hate. Dem no know as e dey go

yes
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by major466(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2014
We Nigerians should not claim to be better than other Africans. No country can claim to have the monopoly of being the best in everything. However, Nigeria is naturally great because of our leadership position to set an example for others to follow.
Long live Nigeria.
Long live Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 05, 2014
major466:
We Nigerians should not claim to be better than other Africans. No country can claim to have the monopoly of being the best in everything. However, Nigeria is naturally great because of our leadership position to set an example for others to follow.
Long live Nigeria.
Long live Africa.

Examples like?

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by oshyno(m): 9:38am On Oct 05, 2014
Success legit or not attracts a lot of attention. Nigerians are hustlers and always conquer places they go.
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by redsun(m): 9:48am On Oct 05, 2014
How about why Nigerians hate each other so much? Yoruba versus Igbo,Igbo versus Hausa,itsekiri versus urobo. Politicians/elite versus the poor/vulnerable.

Useless people that always leave the specs in the eyes but eager to take out others.

8 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Lordlexyy: 9:55am On Oct 05, 2014
Despite the social economic challenges and ethnic differences, we remain united, successful, happy and hopeful. Nigerian spirit is one spirit you don't find anywhere. Exchange the present statehood of the country with any nation and all you will have is chaos and bloodshed. Nigeria is bless to be a blessing. Love my naija.
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Lordlexyy: 10:01am On Oct 05, 2014
redsun:
How about why Nigerians hate each other so much? Yoruba versus Igbo,Igbo versus Hausa,itsekiri versus urobo. Politicians/elite versus the poor/vulnerable.

Useless people that always leave the specs in the eyes but eager to take out others.
Those are internet rant that doesnot necessary translate to reality. We may argue and disagree on many ground, but we love life and peace, and will never compromise it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by redsun(m): 10:08am On Oct 05, 2014
Lordlexyy:
Those are internet rant that doesnot necessary translate to reality. We may argue and disagree on many ground, but we love life and peace, and will never compromise it.

If we truly love each other like you think we are,we won't we won't be looting what belongs to the public once we get into position if authority. We won't be reaping each other off at every slightest chance.
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Lordlexyy: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2014
redsun:

If we truly love each other like you think we are,we won't we won't be looting what belongs to the public once we get into position if authority. We won't be reaping each other off at every slightest chance.
That is the politics of wickedness you and i are suppose to fight. These set of people are quite disconnected from the masses. We can't take their evil activities as a standard for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by fr3do(m): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2014
chukxie:
Agreed some Nigerians are loud, untrustworthy, deceitful, ill mannered, selfish, arrogant and whatnot. On the good side, most Nigerians are die-hard hustlers who can create an oasis in a desert. We see opportunities to make legitimate fortunes where others don't. [b]We are naturally smarter than most Africans[/b[ in spite of the pitiful state of our educational sector. We were made with tougher skins thus we find it easier to adapt to any kind of harsh environment or situations we find ourselves. We are versatile and dexterous so multi - tasking is unperceivably easy for a lot of us. We are good with clothes and have a good sense of fashion. A typical average Nigerian would put on a cheap shirt, pair of pants and shoes and still look dapper than other guys around him. So folks, there are more to love about Nigerians than there are to hate. Have a great day!

Stop!
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by joseph1832(m): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2014
Among all mentioned, I'll want to say, we Nigerians are unique, and unique is a term I use in refering to things that are ambiguous to comprehend; For example: It is only a Nigerian man who will arguably use his mother for ritual just to become rich.

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by redsun(m): 10:53am On Oct 05, 2014
Lordlexyy:
That is the politics of wickedness you and i are suppose to fight. These set of people are quite disconnected from the masses. We can't take their evil activities as a standard for everyone.

How about police,custom officer and even civil servants that robs the suffering public in broad day light in dispense of their duties that they are supposedly paid for as public servants? Are they not everyday Nigerians?
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2014
One does not need to read far to conclude this thread was created by an Eboe who should change the title of the thread to : Why are Eboes hated wherever they go? Simple answer yes they are aggressive for example when they are in a market they start touching or pulling women by the hands.That sort of behaviour may be deemed "cool" by Eboe women others find it quite feral. Often they are loud and boastful and often end up alienating their hosts. They do not understand the concept of unobtrusiveness at alll. Often they are involved in DRUG DEALING and other crimes. So it is Eboes going round giving Nigerians a bad name that is responsible for much of our problems abroad

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 05, 2014
major466:
Long live Nigeria.
Long live Africa.
Which ethnic group goes about claming to be better? There is only ONE!

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Janeify(f): 11:10am On Oct 05, 2014
publicenemy:

Hmnn....sadly am a Nigerian bro.
And so what?there are still saboteurs and i guess you are one
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Tokunbohkinibig: 11:29am On Oct 05, 2014
I don't know if anybody has noticed this as well, if three to four African guys are standing at a particular spot either at a bus stop or anywhere, Nigerian always stands out among them. Nigerians has got this unique and special aura that follow them wherever they go.

Nigerian dressing codes - on point, charisma, confidence( while other Africans are behaving like mumus to The white colleagues, u ll see Nigerians running things), domineering(not bullying) attitude can easily be seen the moment you walk into any setting or organisation. I have seen it all over d place in UK.

White girls like Nigerians cos of their loudness. They enjoy the liveness that comes with our loudness. Come to Club on Fridays and Saturday and see other African guys and chics, salivating over Nigerian dudes.

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by jieta: 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2014
Nobleval:
Nigerians are aggresive and dishonest. They chant "Giant of Africa" at any opportunity they get. They are loud and mannerless. They think they own the world. They go to other countries and start bullying their hosts.
just read ur comment over, somebody comes to ur country to bully you. shame on you, that means i can still come to ur house to beat you and eat ur food

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Lordlexyy: 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
redsun:

How about police,custom officer and even civil servants that robs the suffering public in broad day light in dispense of their duties that they are supposedly paid for as public servants? Are they not everyday Nigerians?
It all boils down to the politics of poor/bad leadership, not an everyday Nigerian phenomenon. You must have heard of Nigerian cap drivers returning back hard foreign cash left by foreigners and Nigerians in their vehicles, or folks who report to the bank of some great cash found in their deposits. Where do you classify these people? These are just very few of wonderful individuals we have out. We must not make the mistake to tag or bound all Nigerians with the rotten behaviour of some bad eggs who made it a duty to abuse the very institution they are expected to promote. I understand that the corrupt gov't official present the face or image of Nigerians since many of the foreigners encounter them first before other Nigerians, on that basis i will forgive the ignorance of those who unknowingly or deliberately fused their character with law abiding Nigerians, but that on its own is unaccetable to classified every Nigerian base on this tendency.

3 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by major466(m): 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2014
iwonbaoko:
Which ethnic group goes about claming to be better? There is only ONE!
Where on earth did you see me use the word 'ETHNIC' in my post?! Am referring to Nigerians as a whole in respect to how we deal with other African countries in line with the topic and you brought ethnicity from nowhere.

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
jieta:
just read ur comment over, somebody comes to ur country to bully you. shame on you, that means i can still come to ur house to beat you and eat ur food
it happens.
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
major466:

Where on earth did you see me use the word 'ETHNIC' in my post?! Am referring to Nigerians as a whole in respect to how we deal with other African countries in line with the topic and you brought ethnicity from nowhere.
I am telling you it is NOT all Nigerians just a few BAD EGGS giving ALL Nigerians a bad name Let us identify them and urge them to change their bad ways

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Nigerian Men In Diaspora Destroy Their Nigerian Passports Over The 2023 Election / Ekpenyong Akom Killed In Calabar Cult War / Reno Omokri Replies Big Backside Woman Who Invited Him For Lunch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.