Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,531 members, 7,801,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 (1927 Views)

Muslim-muslim Ticket: APC Keeps Mum Over Saraki’s Claims / 2015 Presidential Ticket: APC Govs Insist On VP Slot / We Are Not Planning To Field A Muslim-muslim Ticket – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by brixton: 5:18am On Oct 05, 2014
The National Executive Committee of the All Progressives Congress is at the verge of reducing the number of delegates for its forthcoming presidential primaries to below 15,000.

SUNDAY PUNCH gathered in Abuja on Friday that the proposal was the outcome of several meetings held by the Chief John Oyegun-led national executive of the party.

The NEC was mandated to fine-tune modalities for the indirect primaries which were agreed upon.

An initial proposal, which was to include all party officials from the ward up to the federal level, was jettisoned when it was discovered that about 30,000 delegates will be involved.

A highly placed party source, who pleaded for anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the media, said “It is only logical that we trim down the number from 300,000 to a manageable size of say 10,000 or 15,000 maximum.”

Supporters of former Head of State, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari had proposed that, in the event that the party was not disposed to a consensus candidate, it should go for direct primary.

The direct primary will entail all duly registered members of the party at all levels. They will be involved in choosing the flag bearer.

The Director-General of the General Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation, Alhaji Umaru Dembo, defended the call for a consensus candidate.

He told SUNDAY PUNCH, “If the PDP can go for a consensus candidate and we are the biggest party on the other side, it will be normal, it will be alright if we also have a consensus (candidate) so that there wouldn’t be any rancour or worries.

“It is not that anybody is afraid of a contest. If the other candidates are willing to go for a consensus, so are we. If not, everybody will be ready for a contest.”

According to him, this will not be the first time Buhari will be contesting neither will it be the first time a consensus candidate will be agreed upon and ratified at a convention, if it so happens. He expressed the hope that whatever eventually happens will be the best for the campaign.

He also said barring any last minute change, Buhari would make a formal bid for the ticket on October 10.

Dembo said, “It was to have taken place on the (|October) 8 but because of so many things affecting logistics it cannot be more than two days after the 8th.”

The Managing Director of the Atiku Media Office, Mallam Garba Shehu, also defended the Atiku group’s support for the indirect primaries already agreed upon.

When contacted, the national publicity secretary of the party, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, confirmed the development.

He, however, said he was not at liberty to disclose the number of delegates.

He said “It is not a matter of pruning down the number of delegates. I think it is not the issue of 10,000 or 15,000; it is a matter of looking at the safety of delegates and conformity with the law. We want a situation where delegates will fit into the voting area.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/presidential-ticket-apc-reduces-delegates-number-to-15000/

1 Like

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by fiverrwin(f): 5:25am On Oct 05, 2014
Good for them
Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by brixton: 5:28am On Oct 05, 2014

The Director-General of the General Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation, Alhaji Umaru Dembo, defended the call for a consensus candidate.

He told SUNDAY PUNCH, “If the PDP can go for a consensus candidate and we are the biggest party on the other side, it will be normal, it will be alright if we also have a consensus (candidate) so that there wouldn’t be any rancour or worries.

I disagree with him on this. Opposition parties should conduct primaries to elect a standard flagbearer. Why are they comparing themselves to the PDP? Thought anything PDP is no good? The oppositions in USA carry out primaries to elect their presidential flag bearers, the APC should emulate them instead.

For Buhari supporters that says consensus is only way to stop Atiku; If Buhari's money can not compete with Atiku, Let him use his massive support base to thwart Atiku's billions. After all some people boasted on nairaland of how Buhari will not spend a dime from his pocket to pay the #27m fee for APC presidential normination form. Let them show him how much faith they have in his presidency and give Atiku a run for his money. After all Atiku is one man army, let the people's general show whatcha made of!!

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by chinwike2(m): 5:29am On Oct 05, 2014
Haba wetin them dey wait for, make dec. 2nd kukuma reach, make the party IMPLODE like the brotherhood of Egypt

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:35am On Oct 05, 2014
chinwike2:
Haba wetin them dey wait for, make dec. 2nd kukuma reach, make the party IMPLODE like the brotherhood of Egypt

Another illiterate TANiod!

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 05, 2014
15,000 delegates x 1million naira = a chicken change to Atiku, he has won the APC primaries alreadycheesy.

6 Likes

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by princealbashir: 6:10am On Oct 05, 2014
chinwike2:

No problem bro. Let's keep watching and see who'll actually IMPLODE in Feb 2015.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 05, 2014
IdiAmin1:
15,000 delegates x 1million naira = a chicken change to Atiku, he has won the APC primaries alreadycheesy.
Lmao grin I think it will be more like N400,000/delegate grin grin
I agree with you. If the APC go ahead with the 15,000 delegate idea, there will be only one winner - Atiku.
He will win a majority of the delegate vote from the North-east, the entire South, and some North-central states. The North-west delegates could, out of solidarity, stand by Buhari.
Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by Tunjasko(m): 6:44am On Oct 05, 2014
15000*100000-1,500,000,000
15000*200000-3,000,000,000
15000*300000-4,500,000,000
15000*400000-6,000,000,000

mehn....Atiku has already won dizzz!!!.....6bn z just a chicken change to him.....if APC gives Atiku d ticket,d party z gonna implode Nd dey should 4get abt 2015

5 Likes

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by haniey(m): 7:19am On Oct 05, 2014
APC are making things easy for Atiku.
Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by omenka(m): 7:22am On Oct 05, 2014
All this na dogon torenchi to me. Just give GMB the damn thing and let us sweep these criminals to their respective sentences once and for all!!

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 05, 2014
omenka:
All this na dogon torenchi to me. Just give GMB the damn thing and let us sweep these criminals to their respective sentences once and for all!!
na so!

Sai Buhari!

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 05, 2014
Sai Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by EdCure: 7:43am On Oct 05, 2014
Whatever procedure, we expect the best.
A more liberal Atiku won't be a bad choice though.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by brainpower(m): 8:13am On Oct 05, 2014
But I thought APC has decided that they will go for direct primaries for a change? I'm tired of Nigerian politics, it irritating. Honestly APC isn't different from PDP and I knew this right from when they started accepting PDP governors and stakeholders. There are so many greedy men in APC and Nigeria won't be better for it. That's why I still believe that PDP will still win the election cos there isn't any alternative yet. And truthfully, we need change in this country but "nobody to bell the cat".

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 05, 2014
I just dnt like APC. I dnt knw why.

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by barthchuks(m): 8:52am On Oct 05, 2014
bunch of parasites

1 Like

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by amakufrancis(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2014
I see Apc sinking towards 2015 presidential elections, well the ends justifies the means.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by major466(m): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2014
After their presidential primaries, APC will disappear from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by VoteOutPDPJona: 9:52am On Oct 05, 2014
IdiAmin1:

My fear been echoed. Atiku, cunny Atiku insisting on primaries. Chai! Buhari is on a long thing!!
Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 05, 2014
Tunjasko:
15000*100000-1,500,000,000
15000*200000-3,000,000,000
15000*300000-4,500,000,000
15000*400000-6,000,000,000

mehn....Atiku has already won dizzz!!!.....6bn z just a chicken change to him.....if APC gives Atiku d ticket,d party z gonna implode Nd dey should 4get abt 2015

Word Bro.

Should Atiku emerged as the flagbearer for APC, APC should just forget about it cos Jonah is gonna defeat Atiku flawlessly(It's what we called FINISH HIM in mortal kombat in late 90s).

General Buhari or Kwankwanso or Okorocha or even Fashola would be a better candidate ahead of Atiku.

I hope they know what they are doing sha.

Anyway sha, let the best candidate emerge as the President Feb next year.

Cheers.
Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by dollyparton(m): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2014
So much for a change. "If PDP can", that means PDP is actually their role mode. They are modelling the party after PDP with just a few modifications.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by jmaine: 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
dollyparton:
So much for a change. "If PDP can", that means PDP is actually their role mode. They are modelling the party after PDP with just a few modifications.

So you are just knowing now that the PDP is a reference point to all political happenings and permutations in the country grin

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by viczing(m): 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Another illiterate TANiod!

See whose calling sm1 iliterate. Your a tout, a bigot

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by johnmartus(m): 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
brixton:

I disagree with him on this. Opposition parties should conduct primaries to elect a standard flagbearer. Why are they comparing themselves to the PDP? Thought anything PDP is no good? The oppositions in USA carry out primaries to elect their presidential flag bearers, the APC should emulate them instead.

For Buhari supporters that says consensus is only way to stop Atiku; If Buhari's money can not compete with Atiku, Let him use his massive support base to thwart Atiku's billions. After all some people boasted on nairaland of how Buhari will not spend a dime from his pocket to pay the #27m fee for APC presidential normination form. Let them show him how much faith they have in his presidency and give Atiku a run for his money. After all Atiku is one man army, let the people's general show whatcha made of!!
I also disagree with you you cannot make American compare Nigeria when it come to democracy do you really think we are practice democracy in Nigeria know were are not because here in Nigeria's if you not have money to finance your campaign you will always lack behind when its come to election it also easy for rich one to manipulate your supporters even pdp governors gave condition before they adopt Jonathan
Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2014
IdiAmin1:

Bros, na wa for you ooo!

You be "winch"?
How you carry know exactly wetin dey my mind?

Any way, Atiku don "win" be that!!!

Buhari fit decamp be that.
GEJ don Smile be that!

And Noblezone don dey laugh......

1 Like

Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by GODDYGEE91(m): 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
Atiku is a thorn in de flesh 4 Buhari. He is makin life more difficult 4 Buhari. But 2 me, conducting a credible primaries wud b de best way 2 choose de flag bearer. Anyway, I do not see APC as a threat 2 PDP.
Re: Presidential Ticket: APC Reduces Delegates Number To 15,000 by ayukdaboss(m): 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
If Atiku wins then it's finished; meaning another four years of reckless corruption from the Otuoke Warlock is looming ahead. Lord please don't let this country see shame shocked

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Listverse Questions A Post On Nairaland / Akwa Ibom Olympic Stadium Opening Ceremony / Top Politician Disgraced By Prostitutes In Delta State, Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.