Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? (4101 Views)

Any Treatment For Severe Tooth Ache? / Red Growth On The Side Of The Nose. / Is There Any Treatment For Electric Ant Bite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by Igabu: 5:19am On Oct 05, 2014
Does anyone know where in Nigeria a Nasal Polyps or growths in the Nose can be cured? The polyps are due to a prolong allergic reaction and has defiled several drugs. We have confirmed that many people who have gone through operations had a regrowth so, we are not considering operation as an option.
Is it possible that there are some herbs in Nigeria that can provide helps. We have used any strong antibiotics you can think of and Nasal sprays and Sinus drugs. Could there be other orthodox drugs outside this list that may help? Do people treatment Keloid and Bumps have treatments for this kind of thing.
I have attached a picture of Nasal polyps to this message.
Nigerians, please help...!
Thank you

Re: Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by felixdanielthed(m): 4:46am On Aug 20, 2017
Still facing such too, hoping for Jesus for the way
Re: Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by Oppy4God(f): 4:21pm On May 20, 2018
Same here
Re: Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by oilcapitaloil: 1:13am On Apr 18, 2019
i have been suffering from this same nasal polyps for 2 years now so scared of the surgery cause polyps will definitely grow back.... have you heard of duplimab the drug will approved by fda and release by july 2019 thats is the cure for nasal polyps cant wait broooo ....... but to get the drug will be an issue because of this shithole country nigeria... assuming i was in the uK or Usa it would have been very easy but here u know what i mean ..... once u get this message get back to me let stick to each other i though i was the only one suffering from nasal polyps in nigeria.
Re: Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by allycat: 1:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
Unfortunately the natural history of nasal polyps is recurrence and that happen even in the best of hands. Polyps may be of 4 types , simple nasal polyps that affect both nostrils , antrochoanal that is usually 1 sided, Benign Scneiderian tumours which may become cancerous if not removed and frankly cancerous tumours which initially look like sinple polyps. Surgery is done for biopsy purposes which is to take asample, send to the lab for analyse of the type or to debulk( reduce in size) or complete clearance. Many Patients who have surgery are lucky and dont have any recurrence or recurrences that can be managed with drugs.
Re: Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by allycat: 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2019
The danger with not operating is that they keep growing inside the nose and e nchroach into neibouring structures like the eyes and the brain. Also the longer they are there and the wider spread they are the more difficult they are to remove with surgery.
Then the drug Duplimab, it is not a one off drug, it has to be used consistently and costs about $35,000 a year. Most patients treated with it have surgery to debunk and then Duplimab to clear any left overs and prevent further regrowth.
Remember the bigger the polyps the harder they are to remove surgically and the sooner they recurr. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by oilcapitaloil: 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
mine is antrochoanal my left nose.... can i remove mine through polypvac afraid of anesthesia
Re: Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by allycat: 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
Antrochoanal polyps do not respond to drugs, the only treatment is surgical excision. If removed completely antrochoanal polyps rarely recurr. Polypvac will not do this unless its an early case. The best type of surgery for them is Endoscopic polypectomy where cameras are used to operate and total removal confirmed intraoperatively.
Re: Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by oilcapitaloil: 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
can i perform this surgery in nigeria is it safe hope they wont destroy my head leak my brain i have heard so much ridiculous stories... any recommendation ??
Re: Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by allycat: 3:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
There are several ENT surgeons who do endoscopic sinus in Nigeria. If you are in Lagos LUTH has a very well established programme. Up North Dr Mohammed Mainasar (Kaduna), Dr Andy Imogu ( Abuja), JosUTH ENT department, Prof Adoga and co, Gwagwalada teaching hospital abuja Dr Dahilo. Dr Amina UBTH. May more are in practice

1 Like

Re: Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by Agbenz: 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2020
Pls I'm suffering with this nasal polyps for over 4 months now I can't breathe or smell any thing pls where can I get the drug help
Re: Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by Agbenz: 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2020
Finally I cure my nasal polyps with no operation.
Cantact me on WhatsApp 08147814794
Or Email : nwoyeemekapaul1992@gmail.com

1 Share

Re: Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by Kibiw: 6:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
I recommend using https://drugstore.ng/pharmacies/7/stock/nasonex-aqnasal-spray-140doses
Agbenz:
Pls I'm suffering with this nasal polyps for over 4 months now I can't breathe or smell any thing pls where can I get the drug help
Re: Nasal Polyps Or Growth In The Nose - Any Treatment? by gregyboy(m): 10:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
oilcapitaloil:
i have been suffering from this same nasal polyps for 2 years now so scared of the surgery cause polyps will definitely grow back.... have you heard of duplimab the drug will approved by fda and release by july 2019 thats is the cure for nasal polyps cant wait broooo ....... but to get the drug will be an issue because of this shithole country nigeria... assuming i was in the uK or Usa it would have been very easy but here u know what i mean ..... once u get this message get back to me let stick to each other i though i was the only one suffering from nasal polyps in nigeria.

Hi

(1) (Reply)

Medical Practise In Ireland For A Nigerian Trained Doctor / Contraceptive Pills, Advantages And Side Effects / Funny X-ray Images: 30 Of The Most Unbelievably Weird X-rays You`ll Ever See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.