Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal (7379 Views)

Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / Taribo To Osaze: Shut-up & Focus On Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by solbase10(m): 8:47am On Oct 05, 2014
–Former Super Eagles defender Taribo West tells SL10.ng that the election of Pinnick Amaju will bring positive change to Nigerian football as he urge the new board to offer Super Eagles Coach Stephen Keshi contract extension. He also believes that Nigeria will feature at the Morocco AFCON.

Let’s start by talking about the election of Amaju Pinnick as the new NFF President. You were there on the day and you know the man. What do you think Nigerians should be expecting from the new NFF board?

I believe it will be a new dispensation; it’s like a fresh revolution that has just started. He has ideas and incredible concepts in football administration. It is a new era and we also look forward to how he will solve the issues that have bedeviled Nigerian football for years. He also has to give active roles to the practitioners of the game, both the present and past ones. But I think with him coming as the President of the NFF, I think he will be the Joshua that will take us to the promise land.

How do you think this will impact on Nigeria’s chances against Sudan in the AFCON qualifiers this month because the controversies during the first phase was believed to have contributed to Nigeria’s solitary point from a possible six?

Yes. It will be a great advantage for us because the problems really affected the players in the games against Congo and South Africa. It will be a morale booster and an advantage for the players, unlike the psychological disadvantage they had in the first games. I think it will help us see out the next two games and I see positive things.

How do you think with a new board in the NFF things will change for the better as the Super Eagles play Sudan next week?

Yes, it’s a great advantage. Psychologically the problems at the NFF affected the boys. This new development will motivate the team and most importantly see Nigeria through the games with Sudan.

As regards Keshi’s future, do you think he should be allowed to continue or should the NFF seek another expert?

I think Keshi should be given another chance, the last twenty years hasn’t been easy. Nigeria didn’t do well at the AFCON but he led the team to lift the trophy. He has done better than every other indigenous coaches and that only shows he’s got something working well for him. I strongly feel Keshi should be retained considering that Amaju Pinnick is coming in, there will soon be a new look Super Eagles that will take Nigeria to that level Nigerians want to see the Super Eagles.

During your time in the national team, we had lots of quality defenders but it looks like we don’t have such quality again in the Super Eagles, are you not worried about this?

Hmmmmm, yeah, I’m worried but I think Keshi is equal to the task. He is a strong defender but to be realistic, the generation has changed but he is playing with the best option he has. I must say that there’s a lot of quality in the Golden Eaglets that won the FIFA World Cup in UAE and i feel some of them should be given a chance in the senior national team.

What advice do you have for the new NFF president?

Focus, commitment and discipline. What I saw and heard from him during the election process tells more about the quality he’ll bring to the table.

The Super Eagles got to the round of 16 at the World Cup but the same team having at least 70% of those that made the trip to Brazil lost at home and struggled in South Africa during the first round of qualifiers, what do you think about that?

This is an attack; it comes every now and then. Especially, when we are about to take part in the World Cup, so I think it has come and gone.

So you mean Nigeria will qualify for the Nations Cup?

Yes, Nigeria will qualify. Though, we are walking on a tight rope but I’m optimistic Nigeria will qualify for the Morocco 2015.

Keshi said recently that he’s using what he has but does that mean Nigeria doesn’t have enough talents for the national team or is it a case of him not looking enough?

I know every coach has his own kind of philosophy and I believe the way the domestic league has been managed can even discourage a coach to go out to search for talents. It’s not that he is lazy but I believe that now that Amaju Pinnick who understands proper development of the game is the NFF boss, a change is about to be experienced.

You mentioned earlier that the Golden Eaglets class of 2013 has a lot of quality in them and one player that easily comes to mind is Kelechi Iheanacho, do you think the young man deserves a call up to the Super Eagles now?

Yes, I agree totally because the Eagles have not been so creative lately especially at the last World Cup and AFCON qualifying matches we played. So because of this, I think Iheanacho must be invited to the Super Eagles to fight for a position, and every other young player coming through that have shown they have what it takes. Mikel has been doing fine, but not enough creatively so I think Iheanacho must be called up to the team.

Thank you very much pastor…

God bless you.

Read More: http://completesportsnigeria.com/taribo-keshi-deserves-new-deal/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by bright007(f): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2014
keshi on fire.....keshi should have bowed out when the ovation was loudest

modified......well i said this because every Tom, Dick and Harry in Nigeria seems to know more about coaching the super eagles than coach stephen keshi these days except Taribo ...
moral: Never criticise someone when you do not know how it feels to be in their shoes.

......Lest i forget....i will like to dedicate this FTC trophy to mtn for giving me 10mb when i recharged yesterday as well as the mod who put this on home page. For those aspiring to be here, never give up. Keep trying, one day you will succeed and finally, just trust me, it really feels good to be on top

3 Likes

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by NaLaugh: 10:00am On Oct 05, 2014
cool.

While many complain about his tactics, i don't think he is a horrible coach in general.
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by coded01: 10:03am On Oct 05, 2014
Yesterday: - Ikpeba asked What type of builder is he? grin --- How long will Keshi Ponpon master keep building? grin

Today: -
Taribo West says Keshi Deserves New Deal tongue --- Why grant Keshi a new deal? tongue

Which way Nigeria? undecided

1 Share

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 05, 2014
i just deslike dis guy for d way he picks players dat cant perform....and his over aged and underaged players saga....see e big head!!!

2 Likes

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by ogawisdom(m): 10:04am On Oct 05, 2014
Uche onye adigiya njo tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 05, 2014
Let's give him a chance.
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Misogynist2014(m): 10:06am On Oct 05, 2014
NO! NO!! NO!!! NO!!!! NO!!!!! NO!!!!!! NO!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by pat077: 10:06am On Oct 05, 2014
every bodi talking about keshi.
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by imsuboi(m): 10:06am On Oct 05, 2014
No he doesn't undecided

2 Likes

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Pedagogue: 10:08am On Oct 05, 2014
. grin
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by topaz321: 10:09am On Oct 05, 2014
Nigeria on a tight rope,Keshi on a tight rope.
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Bigsteveg(m): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2014
I disagree, Keshi has used all his luck finish. His winning ratio is very low. Let's try someone else, personally I prefer Samson Siasia

2 Likes

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 05, 2014
Wetin concern...me...?? HOW MUCH IS EH SECOND HAND NOKIA 3310 with front and back camera??

1 Like

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 05, 2014
why they no go give am new deal,but chil til after the match against sudan
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by greall1: 10:13am On Oct 05, 2014
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 05, 2014
No!! AFTER WINNING ONLY ONE MATCH AFTER TEN GAMES ABI
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by lakamua: 10:14am On Oct 05, 2014
He should be sacked. He is only interested becos south africa dumped him.
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Mcowubaba: 10:17am On Oct 05, 2014
bright007:
keshi on fire.....keshi should have bowed out when the ovation was loudest
Did u read the Write-up??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by lekjons(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2014
a new deal?!,mtcheeeww,well,letz not blame pastor Taribo West,he has oder tinz 2 focus on

1 Like

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by LMAyedun(m): 10:18am On Oct 05, 2014
Only if he will humble himself and end the regular beefs with his top players.
Always blaming a player or two after each match lost, won't do the team any good.
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by tbaby534(f): 10:18am On Oct 05, 2014
The man deserves it
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by dotcomnamename: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2014
Who cares? All i know today is FULL TIME: Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal

1 Like

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Bobbystanley(m): 10:19am On Oct 05, 2014
Both Keshi and Taribo West are stupid
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2014
Oga Taribo, go sidon. Carry am give am nw
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by nerodenero: 10:20am On Oct 05, 2014
Soldier go, Soldier come; that can be likened to the job of a coach.

Keshi's selection, at times, is questionable but on overall,he has done well.

If we dont have someone better than him in the country,then he should stay on the job If we qualify or not. I say no to a foreign coach.

All we need do is to rally round him and support him to deliver.I believe he can still come good for us.

1 Like

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Bobbystanley(m): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2014
dotcomnamename:
Who cares? All i know today is FULL TIME: Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal

U mean Chelsea 6-1 Arsenal?

1 Like

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by plainmirror(m): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2014
Some people celebrate mediocrity.... Well it's there personal choice to make
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Smartlux(m): 10:25am On Oct 05, 2014
realy
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by joedejana(m): 10:28am On Oct 05, 2014
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by ayusco85(m): 10:32am On Oct 05, 2014
am actually looking for a fucck to give??

*runs out in search of a fuccck to give**

1 Like

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Elnino4ladies: 10:33am On Oct 05, 2014
Sack the motherfvcker!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Think Messi Is Overrated / Nigerian National League thread ( Kicks Off Sunday) / Asisat Oshoala Injured, To Be Out Of Action For Two Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.