Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix (1013 Views)

New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist / Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor / Is Remi Tinubu Next Lagos Governor? (2) (3) (4)

Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by bigass(f): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2014
Elections time is near. Opportunity to choose who governs us.
For me,
1)The main challenge I face is Traffic!!!!
I spend between 4 to 5 hrs daily traversing myself from my house to work and back. on a bad day maybe during RCCG + MFM event period, sometimes i spend 7hrs in traffic!!! Many Lagosians are in my shoe. I believe it should not be this bad. The effect of this stress on our health i bad. Many Lagosians are Hypertensive.

Identifiable Causes Include

Badly Organized Public transportation. Why should Danfos be our main stay of Public Transportation. For God sake This is 2014!!!
If we had better public better public transports most of Us wont be going through the Agony of driving for hours!!!
Something must be done!!!!!

Bad Roads allover Lagos
Lagos roads are bad

I want the next government to fix most Lagos roads and make them motor-able.
Provide a well organized and coordinated Public Transport
Re: Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by Bobbystanley(m): 9:39am On Oct 06, 2014
The next Lagos state Governor should pay my Old man his gratuity since Fashola has sworn not to pay them.

The problems in Lagos is too much abeg.With APC,their is no hope of reshaping Lagos state.They are all criminals.

Lagosians Give PDP a chance to show you the dividends of Democracy!

Re: Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by google1(m): 10:39am On Oct 06, 2014
Bobbystanley:
The next Lagos state Governor should pay my Old man his gratuity since Fashola has sworn not to pay them.

The problems in Lagos is too much abeg.With APC,their is no hope of reshaping Lagos state.They are all criminals.

e-diot

what as pdp done at federal level, infant compare Apc and pdp governors

Re: Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by aljharem(m): 10:43am On Oct 06, 2014
Bobbystanley:

God bless you

16 yrs or rulering lagos and 1.6 trillion naira dept and also 4.6 trillion naira expenditure from 30 billion monthly IGR and 12 Federal Allocation look at lagos

APC has nothing to offer Lagos again apart from enriching touts.

Re: Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by aljharem(m): 10:44am On Oct 06, 2014
google1:

e-diot

what as pdp done at federal level, infant compare Apc and pdp governors

Yes lets do the comparison

Oyo vs Jigawa

Ogun vs Enugu

Ekiti vs Delta state

Lagos vs Akwa Ibom

Osun vs Cross river

Re: Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by google1(m): 11:01am On Oct 06, 2014
aljharem:

Oyo vs Jigawa

Ogun vs Enugu

Ekiti vs Delta state

Lagos vs Akwa Ibom

Osun vs Cross river

compensation of oil spill states
Delta state
Akwa Ibom
Cross river

Non-Functional states
Jigawa
Enugu

Re: Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by google1(m): 11:02am On Oct 06, 2014
Re: Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by nigerianvenom(m): 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
Bobbystanley:

i was told that baba fash doesnt owe salaries and gratuity and dat he is d best thing to happen to lasgidi

Re: Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by nigerianvenom(m): 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
aljharem:

Oyo vs Jigawa

Ogun vs Enugu

Ekiti vs Delta state

Lagos vs Akwa Ibom

Osun vs Cross river

guy u funny ooo.
i know they will claim rivers,but its good to know that rivers state was transformed when amaechi was in PDP,since he left PDP,the state has stopped witnessing progress

Re: Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by MayorofLagos(m): 12:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
bigass:
Elections time is near. Opportunity to choose who governs us.
For me,
1)The main challenge I face is Traffic!!!!
I spend between 4 to 5 hrs daily traversing myself from my house to work and back. on a bad day maybe during RCCG + MFM event period, sometimes i spend 7hrs in traffic!!! Many Lagosians are in my shoe. I believe it should not be this bad. The effect of this stress on our health i bad. Many Lagosians are Hypertensive.

Identifiable Causes Include

Badly Organized Public transportation. Why should Danfos be our main stay of Public Transportation. For God sake This is 2014!!!
If we had better public better public transports most of Us wont be going through the Agony of driving for hours!!!
Something must be done!!!!!

Bad Roads allover Lagos
Lagos roads are bad

I want the next government to fix most Lagos roads and make them motor-able.
Provide a well organized and coordinated Public Transport

SOCIAL DEVELOPMENTS

Chief Awolowo built a blueprint and doctrines for social developments in Yorubaland. In 1960, shortly before Nigerian independence he wrote an article in which he berated the colonial Governor Generals and declared that in just 10yrs and in collaboration with Yoruba leaders he, as Premier, had implemented and installed throughout the Western region a success story of varied social developments that the colonial government cannot match in its 100yr history in Yorubaland (1860 to 1960).

We need a team of Governors in the entire Commonwealth of Yorubaland that will adopt Awolowo's doctrines and visions for Yorubaland. In the current team, only Aregbesola and Amosun had succeeded in doing so.

In Lagos, Fashola failed the test. Fashola was chasing after the colonial template that Awolowo declared was a failure.

We need a Governor in Lagos that will champion Awo's doctrine for social development in Yorubaland.

Re: Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
MayorofLagos:

SOCIAL DEVELOPMENTS

Chief Awolowo built a blueprint and doctrines for social developments in Yorubaland. In 1960, shortly before Nigerian independence he wrote an article in which he berated the colonial Governor Generals and declared that in just 10yrs and in collaboration with Yoruba leaders he, as Premier, had implemented and installed throughout the Western region a success story of varied social developments that the colonial government cannot match in its 100yr history in Yorubaland (1860 to 1960).

We need a team of Governors in the entire Commonwealth of Yorubaland that will adopt Awolowo's doctrines and visions for Yorubaland. In the current team, only Aregbesola and Amosun had succeeded in doing so.

In Lagos, Fashola failed the test. Fashola was chasing after the colonial template that Awolowo declared was a failure.

We need a Governor in Lagos that will champion Awo's doctrine for social development in Yorubaland.

God bless you!
Re: Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by bigass(f): 8:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
df
Re: Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by laudate: 1:08am On Oct 07, 2014
He should revoke the collection of money at those 2 toll gates in Lekki .

Una wan kill person...? How much is our salary, that we would be dashing more than half of it to Tinubu and Fashola in the name of toll gates? Kilode? angry

Then he should pay better attention to healthcare. Lagos residents pay through their noses to buy drugs, conduct medical tests, surgery etc, in public hospitals, when compared with other states such as Delta, Jigawa etc.

They also need more doctors in Lagos public hospitals. The ones they have are too few, and grossly over-worked! cry
Re: Lagosians: The Challenges You Want Next Lagos Governor To Fix by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:31am On Oct 07, 2014
-i will want the new abi next govr to fix mr tinubu in kirikiri room 301, shekina

I’m Not Vying For APC Presidential Ticket – Oshiomhole / How To Become The Best In Your Field / Aminu Waziri Tambuwal Will Connect APC To The Majority Of Nigerian Youths