Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? (29536 Views)

Why Are Dogs Getting Really Expensive / How Are Dogs Imported? / Cats Of Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by ugwum007(m): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
ojaydedon:

abeg na true say cats get 7 lives??

9 lives not 7
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by NumberOne2(m): 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
Bottomline:

Most Dogs sell out easily. They can become your friends in a few seconds. With little or no attention they still come back home. (more Masculine inclinded)

Most Cats need more care and attention to gain their trust. They dont sell out easily like DOgs. Plus they are neater. (more Feminine inclinded)
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
pinky21:
Y animals? What happened to HUMANS? wink
That girl,she don dey toast ooo
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2014
Missyetty:
Dog or wetin? I hate doze creatures, d way dey do dia tongue xef do piss me off, dey er so disgustin 2 me nd dey luk scary 2 me. I prefa cats @least doze ones cn't hurt me nd dey luk so gentle

You just won it for the first sensible post on this thread...by a lady. The ladies been saying poo about cats since they were born.
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
revolt:
Anybody tht hates cats is a confirmed village goat. Dogs r dirty, can't control their spit, poo in public and on open ground, plus carry ticks unnecessarily.. A white cat can be soaked in grease just gve it 3days hell be white again. They're neat, not voracious, and stay in clean enviroments and ARE MADlY unarguably the best source of entertainmnt n lafter, esp wen u play pranks on them.

I personally love dem ebony blck cats wth green eyes. I grew with over 10 cats. YEs in nigeria.
Ill post pix n videos if possible

If it's going to be on a thread pls reply so I can follow you. If it's gonna be something like "10 reasons I love cats",we can ask the mods to move it to frontpage. We might get lucky.
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
Krystalxxx:
I love cats.

2nd sensible post by a lady on this thread. Hehehehehhehe. Cats are one of the most beautiful things about life anyway.
Hey,wait,aren't you the number 1 of The Collaboration Competition?
Cats and poetry,you're one fascinating personality. Hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
laykorn:

2nd sensible post by a lady on this thread. Hehehehehhehe. Cats are one of the most beautiful things about life anyway.
Hey,wait,aren't you the number 1 of The Collaboration Competition?
Cats and poetry,you're one fascinating personality. Hehehehe

Thanks for the compliments smiley
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by rayjox(m): 2:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
if you want witch attack fast fast just get a cat. They are tøo creepy
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by Osakah24(m): 2:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
Should in case you desire meat when you don tire for the pet,choose dog.
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by Osakah24(m): 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
Do you mean cats or p.u.s-s.y?
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by tecno4life(m): 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
johncozy:
@burn Lagos?? i don't live there, i have no idea!

Got mine from a friend in d states.
But i know someone in abeokuta who sells local breeds.
i don't know if he's still in the business anyway!

Do u hv a favorite breed? smiley
I love toyger cheesycheesy dey are cute, beautiful and sweet.
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by cupidhero(m): 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
chibwike:
Am planning to get a pet, so i just wanna know, which of them is a better companion
depends on the kind of dog you plan getting,a chihuahua or maybe a great dane but a rotweiler or a more feroucious dog should not be considered a pet.cats are very lovely but most africans especially nigerians despise them because of their involvement in witchcraft and other black arts.cats are realy lovely,one of my very good fried owns one and watching them play is like watching the sunset while holding hands with the love of your life.i do have a rabbit but he's grown to become stubborn but we are still cool,we chill once in a while.
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
tosyne2much:
You don't need a pastor to tell you dogs are better companion.. In the first place, why would you even think a cat can take the place of a dog.. As far as Nigerian cats are concerned, they are just so disgusting and big turn off for me

I don't need a magician to tell me that you don't know shit about animals nor do you even care about studying them before giving a report.

FYI, cats are very organized and neat animals. And cats have even been known to help humans just like dogs. My cat, for instance, once saved me from a snake, how about that? Dogs are adorable too.

If I were the OP, I would go for both (I keep both).

2 Likes

Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2014
rayjox:
if you want witch attack fast fast just get a cat. They are tøo creepy

Too much nollywood films, bro. Nothing creepy about cats. They are just being cats like every other cat (lion, cheetah, tiger, etc).

1 Like

Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by tosyne2much(m): 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
hifaif:

I don't need a magician to tell me that you don't know shit about animals nor do you even care about studying them before giving a report.

FYI, cats are very organized and neat animals. And cats have even been known to help humans just like dogs. My cat, for instance, once saved me from a snake, how about that? Dogs are adorable too.

If I were the OP, I would go for both (I keep both).
Mind you, your cat which saved you from snake bite did it for its own selfish interest.. oooooooh common dogs are better companion than cat no matter what .. Where was the cat when this proverb was created ? "A dog is a man's best friend " This illustration should have given you an insight that dogs are better companion
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by chibwike(m): 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
Lol..so this my thread made fp...and i did not even knw..tosyne2much why u no tell me na
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by tosyne2much(m): 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
chibwike:
Lol..so this my thread made fp...and i did not even knw..tosyne2much why u no tell me na
I bin wan draw your attention to am b4 buh I tot u were aware
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by chibwike(m): 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
tosyne2much:
I bin wan draw you attention to am b4 buh I tot u were aware
i never knew oh...you were the person that even brought me here
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
tosyne2much:
Mind you, your cat which saved you from snake bite did it for its own selfish interest.. oooooooh common dogs are better companion than cat no matter what .. Where was the cat when this proverb was created ? "A dog is a man's best friend " This illustration should have given you an insight that dogs are better companion

I guess I missed the title. Yes, indeed, dogs are generally more faithful because they are docile.

But bro, cats are not disgusting. Probably the ones you have met are those stray ones who have no one to take good care of them. Cats are very adorable.

The reason why they don't look like great companions is because they are not docile like dogs. They have very high self esteem unlike dogs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by tosyne2much(m): 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
hifaif:

I guess I missed the title. Yes, indeed, dogs are generally more faithful because they are docile.

But bro, cats are not disgusting. Probably the ones you have met are those stray ones who have no one to take good care of them. Cats are very adorable.

The reason why they don't look like great companions is because they are not docile like dogs. They have very high self esteem unlike dogs.

yeah u have a point tho
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by tosyne2much(m): 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
chibwike:
i never knew oh...you were the person that even brought me here
ooooooh u stumbled upon my comment abi ? grin
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
talk2macs:

Honestly, I will appreciate if our cat owners/lovers could provide answers to these questions.
Waiting earnestly.
through out my life, I have interacted with so many animals, yes so many! Even chameleons and snakes but cats are the best.... do u know y I hate dogs, they pretend a lot and are dirty but for ur questions, we Nigerians don't know that cats like dogs have to be inoculated against some diseases which can affect humans. A healthy cat can't give u tuberculosis, a cat's heartbeat is many times faster than a human ie y people feel they have some respiratory disease. A cat being more intelligent than a dog knows we are all scared of snakes so when they hiss and spit, they mimic snakes to scare u away cos of their small nature. A cat will only bite or claw u on self defence like I said, it doesn't pretend like a dog dat will keep whinning even when it is right. A cat knows itz rights and will respect u as far as u don't encroach into itz own right. Ask me more about cats.. I've had not less than 13 cats in my life and itz d local breeds but I heard the foreign breeds are amazing but i.e. when am in my own house and bursed up dat I can go for those. I will prefer the localest cat to the most pedigreed foreign dog.

4 Likes

Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by chibwike(m): 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
tosyne2much:
ooooooh u stumbled upon my comment abi ? grin
am telling you...when i saw ur comment, i was lyk..are u just seeing this my thread nw...but then i now saw dat it has gotten to page 5...then i rushed to fp to check it..and lo and behold..it was there.
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by tosyne2much(m): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
chibwike:
am telling you...when i saw ur comment, i was lyk..are u just seeing this my thread nw...but then i now saw dat it has gotten to page 5...then i rushed to fp to check it..and lo and behold..it was there.
imagine, topic wey don reach 2weeks.. When you bin first create the thread, I dey reason say e suppose hit FP but as MODS no do the needful, I think say this one don escape FP be dat
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by grandstar(m): 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kizyte:
Cats are the devil's work tools undecided
Everything God made pretty in its time. (eccl 3:11) On the 7th day, God said his works were "very good" and that includes pretty cats
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by ceeceeco: 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
I'm so in luv with dogs, they're very gud companions. I luv my dog mur than most human. My dog, my best friend.
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by Fantasyisland(f): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
Dog please. I love the chow chow breed. I had a neighbour who owned one, when he goes on a walk with the dog, everybody crosses to the other side of the road. Amazing creature.

Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by femmy2010(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2014
Don't have any yet but I think I do go for a Dog.
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by ojaydedon(m): 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2014
ugwum007:

9 lives not 7

ok... Is it true??
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by greall1: 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
I hate both of them.
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by dasparrow: 6:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
greall1:
I hate both of them.

Why?
Re: Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? by TRUEcitizen(m): 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
Dogs r open minded and free while cats r secretive and die 9 times... Choose one.. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Checkout This Monkey's Performance At A Beach In Lagos (Video) / Bomb-sniffing Dog Fired From CIA For Refusing To Sniff Bombs / Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.