Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,471 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? (18962 Views)

My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! / Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? / Father Impreginates Daughter Insists On Marrying Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by SAMBARRY: 10:54am On Oct 07, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
Tufia to the KWA-KWA! cheesy
I have never met a "semi-normal" one o.
E get as dem "look" like "OJUJU"!
E get as dem dey behave too!
Uncivilizeable! kiss
lol you this woman you won't kill me grin

which one you con like

ondo
ekiti
lagos
abeokuta
Ife
which of them grin
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by SAMBARRY: 10:56am On Oct 07, 2014
And what about sambary, ehen loretta? smiley
cococandy:
Chai tpia is more than I can handle grin

Aluta na my babe so all I need is to take it to the next levels now.

Sambaryy eh?
Ok.
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by coogar: 10:56am On Oct 07, 2014
Joy83:
@ sandijey and coogar, thank you so much for this your experience and insight here.
I have really learnt a lot from you people.
@coogar, I will have to copy and save that your write up somewhere for reference sake... In all, that your term "poisoned chalice" in describing their female scare me now oooo.

are you planning to cheat? grin
if you don't trust yourself, don't marry an ijebu woman o. the punishment is usually death! it's an unforgivable offence as far as they are concerned.

cococandy:

Chai tpia is more than I can handle grin
Aluta na my babe so all I need is to take it to the next levels now.
Sambaryy eh?
Ok.

tpia is the nicest woman ever - she just gets misunderstood a lot. grin

SAMBARRY:
i am not an ijebu woman. I am a lagos big girl and sorry I am not a lesbian.check next bus top wink

sorry ma'am.
i thought you are an ijebu babe judging from the number of men you have used your connection to arrest - just because they toasted you. grin
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by SAMBARRY: 11:03am On Oct 07, 2014
Is toasting now criminal offence? shocked

them dey arrest person because e toast woman? shocked

coogar o grin grin grin
coogar:

if you don't trust yourself, don't marry an ijebu woman o. the punishment is usually death! it's an unforgivable offence as far as they are concerned.

tpia is the nicest woman ever - she just gets misunderstood a lot. grin

sorry ma'am.
i thought you are an ijebu babe judging from the number of men you have used your connection to arrest - just because they toasted you. grin
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Joy83(m): 11:16am On Oct 07, 2014
coogar:

grin
I can't cheat naa, but that character is very dangerous, especially when a man is not cheating but rather perceive to be cheating. She might have done bad thing to the man before realizing her perception is false.
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 07, 2014
coogar:

believe it or not, this bit seems true. the ratio of ijebu landlords to ijebu landladies is about 1 to 20. so you are in safe hands marrying an ijebu chic provided all the terms agreed before the marriage are respected. if you default, you have bought yourself a first class ticket to lucifer.

...isn't that because ijebu landladies know how to 'get rid' of their husbands who built the houses...

#sotheysay
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 07, 2014
zeemoore:

Funny geh...
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Joy83(m): 11:30am On Oct 07, 2014
theLORDreigns:

...isn't that because ijebu landladies know how to 'get rid' of their husbands who built the houses...

#sotheysay
So what could be the reason?
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by coogar: 11:33am On Oct 07, 2014
theLORDreigns:

#sotheysay

we are saying the same thing na. the landlords cheated & the wives got rid of them - so the wives became landladies by default. grin

where have you been, TLR?

Joy83:

I can't cheat naa, but that character is very dangerous, especially when a man is not cheating but rather perceive to be cheating. She might have done bad thing to the man before realizing her perception is false.

no, they always get it right!
they get their facts before going to task to get rid of you. so if you ain't a serial cheat, you are in safe hands. make no mistakes - the death isn't a sudden one. it's a slow poison....long sickness & death so as not to arouse any suspicion.

SAMBARRY:
Is toasting now criminal offence? shocked
them dey arrest person because e toast woman? shocked
coogar o grin grin grin

you mean if i toast you now, you won't get me arrested? cheesy
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 07, 2014
Joy83:

So what could be the reason?

The reason for what?

coogar:

we are saying the same thing na. the landlords cheated & the wives got rid of them - so the wives became landladies by default. grin

Ahaa!

where have you been, TLR?

Around...smiley
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 07, 2014
theLORDreigns:

Funny geh...
Tell me you didn't see the original post cheesy
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 07, 2014
zeemoore:

Tell me you didn't see the original post cheesy

Lollzz...Tp quoted it! Naughty u. tongue grin
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
theLORDreigns:

Lollzz...Tp quoted it! Naughty u. tongue grin
No, she didn't quote the whole post cheesy
She only quoted the part that got her "hehehehe-ing" cheesy
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
zeemoore:

No, she didn't quote the whole post cheesy
She only quoted the part that got her "hehehehe-ing" cheesy

Awww...I missd d rest of it. sad

Lool @"hehehehe-ing" cheesy
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2014
theLORDreigns:

Awww...I missd d rest of it. sad

Lool @"hehehehe-ing" cheesy
I'll fill you in when we see cheesy
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by pickabeau1: 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
Coogar u r exaggerating on your stats of 1 to 20
The reality is more in line with average number of widows to widowers
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
zeemoore:

I'll fill you in when we see cheesy

Oya naa... Ebola no dey again wink
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by aderonila18: 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
I've never believed in stereotyping so when I hear stereotypes about different tribes or different states I just think it's silly. As a non Ijebu Yoruba person I don't believe there are any vices that Ijebu people have that you won't find everywhere else in Yorubaland or amongst non Yoruba sef. The character of the person you're marrying and the outlook of his family is all you should ever concern yourself with

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by helen4(f): 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
Guys, they are not the same. The good ones are rare, that you won't believe they are ijebus. I've been living with the ijebus all my life. There are some that u will call brutal( if i can say that) especially their women, but there are some enlightened ones amidst them. Know your partner before going ahead.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by coogar: 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
pickabeau1:
Coogar u r exaggerating on your stats of 1 to 20
The reality is more in line with average number of widows to widowers

of course - the reality is more in line average widows to widowers. it's only in ijebu that the life expectancy of men is the lowest in the entire country. ijebu men must be strictly soldiers, miners or ebola-carriers to be dying in such appalling numbers.
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by EfemenaXY: 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
helen4:
Guys, they are not the same. The good ones are rare, that you won't believe they are ijebus. I've been living with the ijebus all my life. There are some that u will call brutal( if i can say that) especially their women, but there are some enlightened ones amidst them. Know your partner before going ahead.

Helen, you say you've lived with them all your life, meaning it's possible you were born and brought up there (in their land). You probably speak their language fluently, so you most likely understand everything pertaining to their culture. You're more or less an indigin... So your case is different to what @op is driving at / asking.
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by helen4(f): 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Helen, you say you've lived with them all your life, meaning it's possible you were born and brought up there (in their land). You probably speak their language fluently, so you most likely understand everything pertaining to their culture. You're more or less an indigin... So your case is different to what @op is driving at / asking.
true, being born and bread there doesn't mean am part of them, I'll still be a stranger till eternity. What am saying is they are not all the same. Despite being there for long ivery experience one thing or the other from them but am saying there are some unique ones among them.
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by cococandy(f): 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
I was waiting for you to confirm that you're from ijebu. But you said you aren't. So no wahala.

I'm looking for an ijebu bestie grin
Stone cold babes wink(according to coogar)
SAMBARRY:
And what about sambary, ehen loretta? smiley
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by EfemenaXY: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
helen4:
true, being born and bread there doesn't mean am part of them, I'll still be a stranger till eternity. What am saying is they are not all the same. Despite being there for long ivery experience one thing or the other from them but am saying there are some unique ones among them.

Just out of interest, what could possibly make you still be that stranger - despite your growing up with them?
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by damiso(f): 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
coogar:

from what i have been able do gather through extensive research, i think the other clans in yoruba are just envious of the ijebus first & foremost. they are the richest in yoruba, the most enlightened & they had first hand transaction with the white men back in the days.
another angle to it is - they benefitted immensely during the slave trade era. they set their own toll-gate and they were ruthless in taxing any slaveowner taking slaves to lagos port. all slaveowners must pass through ijebu to get to lagos back in the days.
the other accusations are stinginess, occultism, jujuism & the myth that their women are a poisoned chalice. their men have no issues at all(apart from love of money, stinginess, etc) according to my research but their women are a double-edged sword.
an ijebu woman is ready to push a newspaper vendor to the senate through her vast connections but if he betrays her via infidelity, womanising or having a love-child outside the marriage, the punishment is death!
believe it or not, this bit seems true. the ratio of ijebu landlords to ijebu landladies is about 1 to 20. so you are in safe hands marrying an ijebu chic provided all the terms agreed before the marriage are respected. if you default, you have bought yourself a first class ticket to lucifer.

Coogaaaar angry angry angry be expecting words from my lawyers. This is defamation of character. angry angry angry

OP don't mind coogar o there are ijebu landladies because ijebu women are very industrious and buy and own properties in their own names as well..

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by pickabeau1: 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2014
coogar:

of course - the reality is more in line average widows to widowers. it's only in ijebu that the life expectancy of men is the lowest in the entire country. ijebu men must be strictly soldiers, miners or ebola-carriers to be dying in such appalling numbers.

Lol

Exaggeration..

damiso:

Coogaaaar angry angry angry be expecting words from my lawyers. This is defamation of character. angry angry angry
OP don't mind coogar o there are ijebu landladies because ijebu women are very industrious and buy and own properties in their own names as well..

Exactly....very industrious women

Go to mile 12, they own most of the shops there
Even in lagos island

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by coogar: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
damiso:

don't send your lawyers.....
i said "according to what i researched/gathered from people." what i said wasn't my opinion - i am just recanting what people generally think of ijebu folks. grin
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by damiso(f): 2:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
coogar:

Why are you maligning my people like this naa? grin

Ijebu women are the best wives you can ever get. Hardworking, fiercely loyal, industrious (a real asset to your family finances she can double your family income as they are often entrepreneurial), caring,accomodating (she won't chase your family away ), classy, educated, etc etc
I know I am biased grin but pls don't buy into rhis stereotype coogar is spreading.

Eeeso omo alaare

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by helen4(f): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Just out of interest, what could possibly make you still be that stranger - despite your growing up with them?
oniovo me. You should know no matter how close u're to them wen it comes to indigene stuff they will boycott you. I don't relate with them not even a friend can't stand their behaviour (female).
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by coogar: 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
damiso:

Ijebu women are the best wives you can ever get. Hardworking, fiercely loyal, industrious (a real asset to your family finances she can double your family income as they are often entrepreneurial), caring,accomodating (she won't chase your family away ), classy, educated, etc etc
I know I am biased grin but pls don't buy into rhis stereotype coogar is spreading.

Eeeso omo alaare

damiso - read my comments again.
i said if everything goes as planned, ijebu women are the best assets to have. they are highly connected, mostly wealthy & they love their hubbies to death. they are ready to pluck out the moon from the sky for their partners......

however, when they are at war with their partners, only the tabernacle in jerusalem can save such men. the result is always an untimely death, an incurable illness or a terminal disease. if you handpick 100 random families whose wives are ijebu, at least 90 of the husbands are dead or fighting hepatitis. grin

once again, this is what i was told. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by cococandy(f): 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ijebu women sound so much like mbaise women.
Going by what you and coogar are saying.
I believe both of you.

Wonderful creatures but brutal when crossed. cheesy

damiso:

Eeeso omo alaare

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by TV01(m): 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
Joy83,

I can confidently tell you that the Ijebu are quite sniffy about marrying out, and don't unduly concern themselves about those thinking of marrying in.

They are respected amongst the other Yoruboid clans, whom they themselves consider as "awon ara oke".

Amongst the paramount Youruba they are;

The most well-read
The most widely travelled
The most astute politicians
The best bureaucrats
The chieftest and shrewdest entrepreneurs

They are aspirational for their sons and their daughters, with clear role expectations for both. Any vestigial baggage - i.e. jazz - is being relinquished and becoming a thing of the past.

They never willingly surrendered to foreign invaders and till this day remain unbowed and unbroken.

As per my opening and last points, they are secure in their homeland and comfortable within themselves. More than content to keep it Ijebu and happy to be isolationist .

While our women are consulting with our lawyers, our men are sharpening their spears. Ewe So Omo Alare cool

You inquiring, who are your people?

TV

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' / Ultimate Grade BURANTASHI with Triple Monster Performance in Sex, Now Available. / The Moment A Man Shed Tears Of Joy As His Wife Praised Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.