Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. (35725 Views)

DIY (DO-IT-YOURSELF) ABSOLUTELY FREE VIN CHECK / Changing Power Steering Seals DIY Style On 2003 Accord (pics!!!) / Coolant Drain, Flush And Refill, DIY On 2003 Honda Accord (with Pics!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
CityNG OOOOOOO!!!!
Good collection I must say!!
See as you don intimidate all young ones like us You for wait na make small boys play finish before you unleash your arsenal cheesy cheesy

I remember starting a thread like this but I believe it was lost during the hack of Nairaland

Will post my mini collection though. Starting tonight but will finish up tomorrow

Below are diagnostic tools

2 Likes

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
My handy Haynes manual...

2 Likes

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 10, 2014
I know we are all joking but no one should be intimidated by my collection.

I've been working on cars since I was 14 in Nigeria. I am one of those kids who went out and bought used Moblettes and tried to get them to work.

When I came to the US in 1986 I discovered nice and orderly junk yards and well stocked auto parts stores and for me it was an eye opener, like a kid in a candy store.

A collection of tools is nothing if they don't get used, I use mine. So I encourage you guys that no matter how small a tool collection you have to please use it. If your car is not broken, help out Bros in the neighrborhood - lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by cassytoons: 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
Wao ... The Topic says "DIY" but from the arsenal you guys displayed, you def qualify to be called something else but a DIYer .

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
cassytoons:
Wao ... The Topic says "DIY" but from the arsenal you guys displayed, you def qualify to be called something else but a DIYer .

Hey now I'm still s DIYer. I only work on my cars and just prefer to have the correct tools - lol.

After watching the builders build my house when they left I built this from the left overs.

I'm still an amateur carpenter though I spent more on carpentry tools that it would have been cheaper paying someone to build it - lol

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by chukel(m): 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
CityNG:

Hey now I'm still s DIYer. I only work on my cars and just prefer to have the correct tools - lol.

After watching the builders build my house when they left I built this from the left overs.

I'm still an amateur carpenter though I spent more on carpentry tools that it would have been cheaper paying someone to build it - lol
u are really gifted. A natural craftsman. Weldone. Exactly the things I love to do at leisure.

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by erico2k2(m): 7:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
Dem say make dem upload DIY tools some people name witheld upload full garage,DERIS GOD oHhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
erico2k2:
Dem say make dem upload DIY tools some people name witheld upload full garage,DERIS GOD oHhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

If I had posted a picture of my 4 post lift then I would have crossed the line.

Nothing posted so far is beyond the realm of a dedicated DIYer grin
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2014
erico2k2:

hahahahahahahaha
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by DECOtech(m): 3:35am On Oct 11, 2014
Guys...

...Siena has not yet said anything oh.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 4:21am On Oct 11, 2014
DECOtech:
Guys...

...Siena has not yet said anything oh.

And when he does, if he cares to respond, I completely expect to overpower my shameful display grin
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by erico2k2(m): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2014
CityNG:

And when he does, if he cares to respond, I completely expect to overpower my shameful display grin
Bross S has an Assembly Plant grin
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2014
Resuming.... Oga CityNG I still dey floor o, dey salute cheesy

Some spanners, oil wrench, ratchet and others

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 12:42pm On Oct 11, 2014
Torque wrench. One of my latest additions.

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 1:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
Fluids, cleaners, lubricants.

I advice that you steer clear of the Abro grease in the first pic, its useless in my opinion. Degrades too quickly angry

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 1:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
Some detailing things...

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
Safety goggles and headlight. This duo has made working under the vehicle much of a relief smiley. No more darkness or sand falling into my eyes grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
Collapsible support stands...

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
Lastly...one-way valve bleeder for bleeding brakes. With this a single person can bleed brakes. Used it a few times and it works!!! Just in case you can't afford the...#coughs# minivac shocked This is quite cheap on Amazon.

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by DECOtech(m): 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
CityNG:

my shameful display grin
OMG! ...why do you say so sir? Many of us don't have 10% of what you have.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by chukel(m): 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
Piyke:
where can I get the collapsible support stand and for how much
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
Piyke:

Nice set of tools there, excellent. You only need as much tools to take care of the level of work you're doing.

Now regarding this collapsible stand, I haven't seen one like this before. Please make doubly sure that it's well designed and strong enough to carry the weight of the car. Also I did not see any chock in the pictures, a requirement.

It will not be our portion in jesus name but I lost a friend to his car falling on him.

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
Some more arsenal grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
A little bit more.

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
Last set, I promise cheesy

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by sultaan(m): 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2014
It seems like showing off right now ''my tools are bigger than yours".

It has been confirmed it not the size of the tools you are working with but how well you can get things done.

I don't have much because the cars I own don't need that much attention. Jack stands are in the car.

No matter how tough the job is some penetrating oil a couple of times before starting always breaks the bolt impact wrench makes it easier.

PB blaster is the best in the market for that.

The right lube/oil keeps engine running smooth, that oil pic is there to show the different oils for different part of the car and most transmission problem start with people using the wrong fluid; engine oil with specified weight, brake fluid, gear oil with right weight, and specified transmission fluid. Engine oil is for Ford, others is for Jeep.

I believe describing one of the pictures with the words small trunk and junk will not be appropriate grin

I am not the type that blow my own horn but choo choo

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
Piyke:
Torque wrench. One of my latest additions.

I salut eyou on having a torque wrench.

It's amazing how many alleged DIY don't even know it exists talk less of how to use it.

Now, when the opportunity arises try to get an even smaller one for precise workings in small increments.

Kudos.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2014
chukel:
where can I get the collapsible support stand and for how much

I got them from Amazon UK, sold for less than GBP15. Good thing is that it doesn't take much space if you want to have one in your boot.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2014
CityNG:

Nice set of tools there, excellent. You only need as much tools to take care of the level of work you're doing.

Now regarding this collapsible stand, I haven't seen one like this before. Please make doubly sure that it's well designed and strong enough to carry the weight of the car. Also I did not see any chock in the pictures, a requirement.

It will not be our portion in jesus name but I lost a friend to his car falling on him.

On the collapsible support stands, trust me its quite sturdy and max weight for each is 2 tonnes. When it came to support stands I made up my mind to buy a good product and this has more than 4 star reviews on Amazon. Furthermore, While I leave the car on the stands, I still have the jack loosely in place just as an extra caution.
No chocks for now, still using big stones lipsrsealed. Will get them though

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
CityNG:

I salute you on having a torque wrench.

It's amazing how many alleged DIY don't even know it exists talk less of how to use it.

Now, when the opportunity arises try to get an even smaller one for precise workings in small increments.

Kudos.

Just had to get one for those delicate procedures requiring certain torques eg spark plugs. In the end I can't really blame those who don't have it here, I searched tirelessly in Owerri and Enugu without luck before settling for getting one from jand.

Nice work on the house BTW!

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
sultaan:
It seems like showing off right now ''my tools are bigger than yours".

It has been confirmed it not the size of the tools you are working with but how well you can get things done.

I don't have much because the cars I own don't need that much attention. Jack stands are in the car.

No matter how tough the job is some penetrating oil a couple of times before starting always breaks the bolt impact wrench makes it easier.

PB blaster is the best in the market for that.

The right lube/oil keeps engine running smooth, that oil pic is there to show the different oils for different part of the car and most transmission problem start with people using the wrong fluid; engine oil with specified weight, brake fluid, gear oil with right weight, and specified transmission fluid. Engine oil is for Ford, others is for Jeep.

I believe describing one of the pictures with the words small trunk and junk will not be appropriate grin

I am not the type that blow my own horn but choo choo

Please blow the horn very well. Some of us are seeing next tools to acquire!
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
Piyke:

Please blow the horn very well. Some of us are seeing next tools to acquire!

Exactly and I think the intent of the thread.

Small tools for small jobs, big tools for big jobs. Many people end up in emergency room because they used inadequate tools for the job.

Nothing beats having the proper tool for the job at hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Have You Ever Wondered Why Steering Wheels Are Not In The Center?-read This / Trailer Falls On Family Car In Anambra, Claims Four Lives Instantly..photos / The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.