Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria (11849 Views)

A Tannery In Kano Supplies Leather To Louis-Vuitton (Pics) / Any Explanation To The Dominance Of St Louis Sugar In Nigeria / What Is It About St Louis Sugar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by infoscope(m): 12:35am On Oct 07, 2014
No advert,No pack change,No Promos.
How can this sugar maintain market leadership unchallenged for almost 30 years now.

Who can tell me the reason please...

2 Likes

Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by Audu2008: 2:00am On Oct 07, 2014
The reason is not new. It simply is offering a great product at an affordable price. People are not blind or stupid. If you give them a high quality product at a Price they can all afford they will make u a market leader pronto. Lacasera did it, viju milk did it, you too can do it.

For advice on marketing and branding call 08087205513

3 Likes

Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by Hibiscuss(m): 2:09am On Oct 07, 2014
Do garri needs advert before it sells?
Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by Nobody: 2:38am On Oct 07, 2014
First user advantage and monopoly. It is only recently we've been hearing of dangote sugar and even with that I don't know any other brand of sugar apart from St. Louis sold in cellophane bags.
Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by timilehing(m): 3:19am On Oct 07, 2014
That sugar has come to stay cos there's no manufacturer address on the pack. Anyone can produce it anywhere!! Counterfeiting has helped St Louis

4 Likes

Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by MyIncorp: 5:59am On Oct 07, 2014
timilehing:
That sugar has come to stay cos there's no manufacturer address on the pack. Anyone can produce it anywhere!! Counterfeiting has helped St Louis

I kinda agree with you. Maybe most of the St Louis sugar we see this days are imitation.
Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by infoscope(m): 10:07am On Oct 07, 2014
MyIncorp:

I kinda agree with you. Maybe most of the St Louis sugar we see this days are imitation.

Imitation kwa??
Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by Ademat7(m): 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2014
D reason is that no competitor produce in cubes like st. Louis,mayb they patent d idea of a cube and dangote could nt mk photocopy

2 Likes

Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ademat7:
D reason is that no competitor produce in cubes like st. Louis,mayb they patent d idea of a cube and dangote could nt mk photocopy
o yeah? How about a rectangular or ball shaped sugar... Sometimes you just need to add some uniqueness to an already existing business.

Bleach came in a big bottle. Someone came up with Hypo bleach.

Water was sold in ordinary nylon back in the days, someone came up with pure water.

People often get stucked up in long distance travels with hunger, someone came up with gala but fast food outlets at those axis seems to gave diminished the demand for gala.

I remember my later mother grined beans into powder and made bean cake out of it. It came out perfectly well... Disregarding the usual soaking it had to undergo. Imagine if you can package same idea. Though some people are doing it but I haven't seen it going mainstream into the market.

1 Like

Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by Kirinwa: 6:47am On Oct 08, 2014
charix:
First user advantage and monopoly. It is only recently we've been hearing of dangote sugar and even with that I don't know any other brand of sugar apart from St. Louis sold in cellophane bags.

Dangote sugar don't stand a chance here. The packaging is nonsense and the quality rubbish. The packet falls apart and is a lil complicated in opening moreover leave it outside exposed to air and it turns to stone.Won't dissolve in water. Even the colour of the packet is not just it.

#Team st. Louis cool

6 Likes

Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by Pavore9: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2014
lnnovation is key, l live in kenya & they have what is called uji flour, a mix of sorghum,millet,corn & prepared by dissolving in cold water & add it 2 boiling water, allow it 2 cook for 10mins while stirring it, if u allow it to thicken, u have PAP!
Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by sinorte: 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
Sincerely, when you call an item sugar you expect it to behave as such. How on earth do you think St. Louis Sugars could have competitors in other brands in which you have the sugar misbehaving in cold and hot water alike. I once had a cup of cold tea served with sugar from a different brand. I tell you, up to the time I was draining the last drops from the cup, I still found the two cubes of sugar at the base of the cup (even after stirring wild)...in their solid form of course.

3 Likes

Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by solomonjay(m): 11:32am On Jan 23, 2015
greetings people...we now have compettition for the st louis brand here in nigeria...have you heard about FAMILY SUGAR it comes in white and brown cubes...also granulated sugars...its proudly made and packeged in nigeria by mcniclols plc...producers of FAMILY 3 IN 1 MILK CUSTARD...FAMILY CHOCO...FAMILY CHOCO-CUSTARD...products are available in most corporate supermarkets and open market...have a wonderful day

3 Likes

Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by dogans: 11:37am On Jan 24, 2015
YOU WANT INNOVATION?

TRY DOGAN'S SUGAR CUBES, PROUDLY MADE IN NIGERIA WITH INNOVATIVE CUBE SIZE!

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/dogansnigeria
WEB: www.dogans.ng

DOGAN'S SUGAR LIMITED

Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by Pasqa: 9:21am On Feb 02, 2015
This is sooo true
Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by solomonjay(m): 6:18am On Oct 14, 2015
dogan sugar is made in Nigeria but by foreigners...for the past ten years...an indigenous Nigerian company has been cubing sugar and its sugar has passed all tests for standard...whenever u go to ur stores n supermarkets...ask for family sugar...its now available in FOUR CUBES pack sizes...innovative huh

2 Likes

Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by Ty207: 6:27am On Oct 14, 2015
^^^^^^ this one na sugar too? way the pack be like gold-circle
just kidding grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by solomonjay(m): 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
yes o...na sugar...its called 4 cubes Family Sugar by McNichols consolidated plc...its an innovative product made in Nigeria by Nigerians...not st louis or dogan ...
Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by pragidso: 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
St. Louis can be leading but the sure need to work on the melting expect of it, if not others will take over from them cos im yet to see any of these new brands melting all
Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by SHOPPERS(m): 12:32am On Oct 26, 2015
Quality sells forever.

Cheap sells a lot .

Sugar sells to everyone.

St. Louis sugar sells to everyone a lot forever. Why? Because its a cheap quality brand of sugar.

3 Likes

Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by kexpan(m): 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ademat7:

That is a valid point. patent in nigeria, africa or anywhere and no one can produce sugar in paper pack and cube form.
Also its easier to measure.
Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by Ademat7(m): 8:34pm On Aug 20, 2016
kexpan:

That is a valid point. patent in nigeria, africa or anywhere and no one can produce sugar in paper pack and cube form.
Also its easier to measure.
hw do u get this topic
Re: Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria by omojesu316(m): 1:44am On Jun 20, 2017
solomonjay:
dogan sugar is made in Nigeria but by foreigners...for the past ten years...an indigenous Nigerian company has been cubing sugar and its sugar has passed all tests for standard...whenever u go to ur stores n supermarkets...ask for family sugar...its now available in FOUR CUBES pack sizes...innovative huh

I like the family sugar

(1) (Reply)

Funke Osibodu Exits Union Bank / Want To Make Your First 5million Naira From Clickbank? See This Faqs Now / Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.