Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? (6107 Views)

Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! / First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by luckgood(m): 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
It happened that I joined in thousand of customers in recent time that diamond bank wooed to bank with them. After,I made deposit and I was given Atm card. So one weekend I decided to use the atm card on a POS at LG shop to make payment. The cashier told me to slot my card into the pos and after I entered my password the transaction failed due to network problem. The cashier now advice me to get to nearest bank atm and withdraw. So, I went to a nearby bank which was uba. I tried my card on it and the machine brought service failure. I felt even more disappointed thereafter,as if that wasn't enough. The next thing I received was debit alert of N30,000 from my bank. Now,it dawned on me that I'm in trouble.

The following week,I went to one of there branch to lay my complain and the lady told me that it will take 7 working days before I'll be refunded. 7 days after when nothing happen,I returned to the bank again and this time I was told to exercise patient for another 5 working days again,nothing happen still. Yesterday now clock a month since this SH and I haven't got alert to effect my refund.

Now,how do I make this people refund me? And,if yuh have similar experience and how do yuh overcome it?pls share.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by johnjay4u2u(m): 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
i dòn't know
Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by Gboliwe: 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
luckgood:
It happened that I joined in thousand of customers in recent time that diamond bank wooed to bank with them. After,I made deposit and I was given Atm card. So one weekend I decided to use the atm card on a POS at LG shop to make payment. The cashier told me to slot my card into the pos and after I entered my password the transaction failed due to network problem. The cashier now advice me to get to nearest bank atm and withdraw. So, I went to a nearby bank which was uba. I tried my card on it and the machine brought service failure. I felt even more disappointed thereafter,as if that wasn't enough. The next thing I received was debit alert of N30,000 from my bank. Now,it dawned on me that I'm in trouble.

The following week,I went to one of there branch to lay my complain and the lady told me that it will take 7 working days before I'll be refunded. 7 days after when nothing happen,I returned to the bank again and this time I was told to exercise patient for another 5 working days again,nothing happen still. Yesterday now clock a month since this SH and I haven't got alert to effect my refund.

Now,how do I make this people refund me? And,if yuh have similar experience and how do yuh overcome it?pls share.

Thanks
One of the most annoying decisions I took recently was going to bank with Diamond bank. Till now, all I ask myself is " Eka, who send you". I thought Firstbank was sluggish till I met diamond bank. I carried myself into the bank, nobody came to market me or beg me, na me waka by myself into Diamond bank to open an account, its over one week, I don't have an account number and they are witholding my N20K with no explanation!

This kind of thing happened to me in one supermarket here, I paid with my GTB card on their Zenith machine. It quickly sent me an alert of the deduction but the sales person said it failed. I told her she was kidding! She insisted. She asked me to key in my PIN again and I did and another alert showed up and I even saw it was successful on her machine. I asked her what will happen to my previous deduction, while she was still trying to sort it out another message came in that it has been reversed. I just waka go with my two left legs. cheesy

Another one was atm of fcmb with my gtb card, it took gtb about 10days to get it rectified. That's plus the weekend.

I don't know what's up with diamond, but if it were to be gtb I would ask you to relax that it will be rectified

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by iykepromotions: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
@ gboliwe, you ended up not helping the guy. Opkeep visiting their branch, sending them emails. and next time you go, insist you want to see the branch manager. don't give up

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by luckgood(m): 6:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
Gboliwe:

One of the most annoying decisions I took recently was going to bank with Diamond bank. Till now, all I ask myself is " Eka, who send you". I thought Firstbank was sluggish till I met diamond bank. I carried myself into the bank, nobody came to market me or beg me, na me waka by myself into Diamond bank to open an account, its over one week, I don't have an account number and they are witholding my N20K with no explanation!

This kind of thing happened to me in one supermarket here, I paid with my GTB card on their Zenith machine. It quickly sent me an alert of the deduction but the sales person said it failed. I told her she was kidding! She insisted. She asked me to key in my PIN again and I did and another alert showed up and I even saw it was successful on her machine. I asked her what will happen to my previous deduction, while she was still trying to sort it out another message came in that it has been reversed. I just waka go with my two left legs. cheesy

Another one was atm of fcmb with my gtb card, it took gtb about 10days to get it rectified. That's plus the weekend.

I don't know what's up with diamond, but if it were to be gtb I would ask you to relax that it will be rectified

Thanks for sharing your experience. I also have some level of confident when it come to transacting with my gtb atm card. But this time,I just decided to try diamond bank out since I'd never use their atm before..the outcome even end me up coming to Nairaland to lodge complain. Una see wahala! SMH

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by piphunter(m): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
Email enquiries@diamondbank.com. they will respond asap

2 Likes

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by luckgood(m): 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
piphunter:
Email enquiries@diamondbank.com. they will respond asap

Thanks for your contribution. Now I think I will need a testify before sending any email!
Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by astronautog(m): 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
and i just opened an acct with them via mtn omo na withdrawing tins then abardoniing tins gtb bank of life
Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by Gboliwe: 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
iykepromotions:
@ gboliwe, you ended up not helping the guy. Opkeep visiting their branch, sending them emails. and next time you go, insist you want to see the branch manager. don't give up

He asked for similar stories and that's what I did.

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by DWJOBScom(m): 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
Stop squealing
What happened to you , happens to other bank cards.....from the look of things you are not a frequent user of bank cards

It will shock you that no bank owns a card - they only issue the cards

So visit a branch in the morning and call the contact center using the branch hotline politely state the challenge and it will be taken care of

Remember to be nice

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by Nobody: 3:17am On Oct 08, 2014
SAME TINZ HAPUN TO ME ON GTB CARD
MINE WAS 13 K
THEY KEPT POSTING AND POSTING ME
UNTIL I GAVE UP IN MY CASH undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by Kirinwa: 7:24am On Oct 08, 2014
punditt:
Diamond is a 'thieving' bank, it happened to me too that they stole my N15,000 till today they didn't return it. What I'll advice you is never keep the amount you can't afford to lose with them after God must have helped you retrieve your money.

Bank? Amount I can afford to lose? Isn't it called gambling?
Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by iykepromotions: 8:47am On Oct 08, 2014
Gboliwe:

He asked for similar stories and that's what I did.
Ok Bro.
Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by luckgood(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2014
Dear all,

This is to inform you that my account has just been credited,but how I wish the issue was resolve on time. Anyway no more trouble. My sincere appreciation goes to diamond bank customer care staff at bodija ,visa card management team and my fellow nairalanders.

Thanks

Yours Sincerely

2 Likes

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by Elbizzcklinz(m): 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
luckgood:

Thanks

That isnt a problem for them to deal with,
PLS WHATS THE BRANCH LOCATION AND STATE. Pls sorry for any inconvineince.....pls re-visit back this week, if ur problem wasnt solved....pls use the black phone or forward your complain to us at enquiries@diamondbank.com

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by luckgood(m): 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2014
Elbizzcklinz:

That isnt a problem for them to deal with,
PLS WHATS THE BRANCH LOCATION AND STATE. Pls sorry for any inconvineince.....pls re-visit back this week, if ur problem wasnt solved....pls use the black phone or forward your complain to us at enquiries@diamondbank.com

Thanks sir. The problem has been resolved today.

2 Likes

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by ELGREF(m): 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
Gboliwe:

I had a bad experiences about diamond bank also, I'm still having it now

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by Gboliwe: 5:41am On Oct 10, 2014
ELGREF:
I had a bad experiences about diamond bank also, I'm still having it now
Useless bank I tell ya. Please share your experience.
By the way, after not getting an account number and them holding my N20k since 30th sept, I went there on thursday/just yesterday. Mind you, they worked on wednesday but I didn't have the time and I thought they would atleast do the needful. I mean, na wa ooo! So immediately I went in I asked the staff at the client service desk about the status of my account opening and he was like give me your account number and I snapped! (Hehehehe it wasn't funny) hey bro, are you deaf? Didn't you just hear what my complaint is? You mean I took about 3mts out of my life to explain to you your incompetence and unprofessionalism and you go right on to seal it with yet another lack-lustre stupidity? What is wrong with you all? I would like to see that man (I mentioned the name of the staff that handled account opening) and the CC quickly called him on the phone telling him a customer wanted to see him. Immediately he came down, I blasted him "Oga, where is my account number and my N20k? He made the mistake of saying "I am sorry but you see, I have so many things I am doing" that one sentence almost got him fired! I mean, how can you tell a customer you have so many things you are doing and as such can't take in a new customer. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I left there with my account number but without anymoney in it. The staff promised to make the deposit. It only hit me he may have eaten my money when I got to the office. I pray he makes that deposit today or...

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by luckgood(m): 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
Gboliwe:
By the way, after not getting an account number and them holding my N20k since 30th sept, I went there on thursday/just yesterday. Mind you, they worked on wednesday but I didn't have the time and I thought they would atleast do the needful. I mean, na wa ooo! So immediately I went in I asked the staff at the client service desk about the status of my account opening and he was like give me your account number and I snapped! (Hehehehe it wasn't funny) hey bro, are you deaf? Didn't you just hear what my complaint is? You mean I took about 3mts out of my life to explain to you your incompetence and unprofessionalism and you go right on to seal it with yet another lack-lustre stupidity? What is wrong with you all? I would like to see that man (I mentioned the name of the staff that handled account opening) and the CC quickly called him on the phone telling him a customer wanted to see him. Immediately he came down, I blasted him "Oga, where is my account number and my N20k? He made the mistake of saying "I am sorry but you see, I have so many things I am doing" that one sentence almost got him fired! I mean, how can you tell a customer you have so many things you are doing and as such can't take in a new customer. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I left there with my account number but without anymoney in it. The staff promised to make the deposit. It only hit me he may have eaten my money when I got to the office. I pray he makes that deposit today or...

Thank God your issue is now gradually sort out. The truth is that there is no way one will be in this kind o f situation without being panic,but you just have keep on pressuring them otherwise you won't get your money back,and you see,nigeria banking system ehn..na diE!
Gboliwe:

Thank God your issue is now gradually sort out. The truth is that there is no way one will be in this kind o f situation without being panic,but you just have keep on pressuring them otherwise you won't get your money back,and you see,nigeria banking system ehn..na diE!

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Get Diamond Bank To Refund My Money? by kenlite: 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
luckgood:

Thanks
Bro relax, don't panic atol again. you will get your money back!

this is what you will do; simply get your own bank customer care email address, email your complain to them, note that your message is going straight to your bank's customer care for immediate attention. you will receive a reply shortly, requesting for some detail like your account number, the date it happened, amount involved etc to aid their investigation ASAP. youll be asked to wait for about 7 days for investigation n refund. sometimes before that 7 days your money would be paid back into your account.

Don't panic ok? its your money, and the error that occurred is not ur fault and they no.

this also goes to some odas that lost there hard earned money sometime back via one of this ATM wahala and have tried to get their money back but to no avail, you can start now again, contact your bank's customer care direct!

ehn? did I hear you say how do I get my bank's customer care email contact? ah!!!

Ok, find any resent document from your bank, eg ur ATM card etc you'll find it.

Last Tip about ATM users.
If you loss your ATM card, sharparly call your bank customer care phone number and explain say you lost it, immediately they will render the lost one useless. and if u still can't find it, you simply go and apply for another one anytime.

Do dis even if its mid night call, banks don't close or sleep, they only close for some small pips *wink... even on Sundays some big guys collect any amount they want from inside the bank.

Do it o! because dos guys, I mean...mmm... they don't really need ur pin to wipe ur account with just ur ATM card.
...still find ur bank's customer care number dsam way.

Aiit bye.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Punters Rehab / How To Make Lots Of Money From Transportation Business / Stop Buying Fuel For Your Generator Every Night, Use Solar Power And Inverter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.