Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

An Open Letter To Governor Olusegun Mimiko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Governor Olusegun Mimiko (1155 Views)

Olusegun Mimiko Visits Fayose In Ekiti State (Photos) / Dr. Olusegun Mimiko's 563 Political Appointees In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Governor Olusegun Mimiko by command01(f): 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
AN OPEN LETTER TO GOVERNOR OLUSEGUN MIMIKO: INDISCRIMINATE ARREST;TORTURE AND PROSECUTION OF ONDO STATE CITIZENS BY THE ZION SECURITY TEAM.

Your Excellency,

With great respect and loyalty to your office as the Executive Governor of our dear state,Ondo state, I write in order to draw your attention to the excesses and flagrant abuse of power by the Zion Security Team and the need to curtail it.

Sir, I want to specially commend your giant developmental strides in Ondo state for the past 6 years and still counting. I have followed your indisputable love and also your efforts at making our noble state to be reckoned with in Nigeria and Africa as a continent. You have focused on massive projects such as roads,education,portable water supply and health care. All these no doubt,have elevated the living standards of Ondo state citizens.

In the area of security, Sir, you'll agree with me that our dear state has been relatively(if not absolutely) peaceful under previous administrations and you've seen the need to consolidate on this gain ever since your administration came on board.

Security of lives and properties is not only germane to the success of any government but also plays a pivotal role for development to take place as it is widely known that there can not be any meaningful development in an atmosphere of chaos and crises.

Having said this Sir, the above mentioned Security Team has no doubt recorded some gains but in a situation whereby so many innocent people are being picked up,tortured and later made to part away with Hundreds of thousand as bail fee even after finding them to be innocent of any criminal act 'right in their station' should be condemned unequivocally.

The use of torture to extract facts from these suspects(in some cases,use of 2×2 planks and cutlass) is illegal. Not 4 or 5 suspects have died from this torture and extra judicial killings.

Everyone has been living in palpable tension since this wave of raid began. Some communities are under siege. These team has deviated from their modus-operandi and turned it into a money making venture.

Their latest action is fast constituting a breach on the fundamental human rights of the citizens.

Sir,this has really thrown the affected families into confusion, depression,devastation and tension of all sort.

You may wish to recall that on the 13 of February, 2008 and four years after, this same masses were gathered to witness your memorable swearing-in ceremonies after they'd voted for you enmass. Many of them defied the scorching sun in those glorious days.

As a father and in your capacity as the Chief Security Officer of this great State in conjunction with the ever hardworking Commissioner of Police,Isaac Eke,I appeal to you and your sense of justice to immediately checkmate the excesses of this Security Team. Two wrongs they say can never make a right.

Your Excellency Sir, If we really need to address issues concerning the security situation of the state, we need to brace up against all odds and tackle the present situation with SINCERITY OF PURPOSE so as to achieve meaningful developments.

I am passionately appealing to you sir! I am appealing to you to intervene. Help save our lives! Help save our state and help save our future.

Thanks Sir.

Yours,

'Dotun.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Olusegun Mimiko by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
Is he a nairalander?? Why posting it here undecided
najoke oo grin
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Olusegun Mimiko by padeolu: 5:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hmm. Ondo State. PDP state
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Olusegun Mimiko by command01(f): 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
snowprince07:
Is he a nairalander?? Why posting it here undecided
najoke oo grin
it doesn't matter buddy..just avenue to spread it..someone close to him may hint him..copied?
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Olusegun Mimiko by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
command01:
it doesn't matter buddy..just avenue to spread it..someone close to him may hint him..copied?
ok

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Be Afraid To Proclaim Biafra, Uwazuruike Tells MASSOB / 2015 Election:i'm The Only One That Can Defeat President Jonathan, Says Okorocha / Ekiti Speaker Accuses Fayose Of Freezing Assembly’s Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.