Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,038 members, 7,807,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers (16051 Views)

7 Famous Naija Celebrity Kids Who Got Amazing Talents (photos) / VIDEO | Miley Cyrus – Wrecking Ball Remix By Naija Boyz / Latest Naija Celebrity Gist,this Is Thrilling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
Loool, everyone has been castigating the nigerian hiphop scene, and it's damn obvious the Op is an iceprince hater. Well, i think ice got more dope punchlines, than wack, like fvcksake, have you heard, stars n light, komotion ft wizkd, etc. No hating, but Even the so called american rapper talk BS most times, i could even make a thread of dumbasss punchlines from them! King of punchlines in africa, is still yung6ix #Doinz! My chick blows bills like she's tiwasavage! "punchlines that'll make you think twice"
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by iamrealdeji(m): 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
Fweshdude:
@ the bolded.
2chains—bought a jet,whatcha expect? Talk dirrie 2me ft jason derulo grin

Those foreign rappers are waaay better than nigerian shitty rappers, that's why i dont listen to nigerians rap/music much.

Buh they still gat their shitty lines to.

Rick ross– “my first home invasion pocket gained and fourty bricks” meaning? undecided

Rick ross– “woke up in the hospital where my chick's at, then i put eight chains where my necks at” So?

Wycleff– “i'm so famous, i made beyonce famous” what was he thinking??

Lil'wayne– “make you turn into a vegetable, like you lying in soup” stoopid, buh he's still my role model.

Eminem– “i can run circles around you so fast your f`cking head will spin, i split your cabbage and your lettuse and olive” undecided undecided

There are still lotta Imma be posting when i remember.
Yeah,they have their shitty lines too,but theirs is always as a result of miscalculation or putting a for b,like a rapper once said the sun revolves round the earth,instead vise versa,thats obviously misarrangement of words in their lyrics,like Foxy Brown once miscalculated a math in "affirmative action" they also spit shitty lines but not always particularly extremely senseless like those of the Nigerian rappers,and they get criticized a lot by fans,critics and pals,they don't get praised for their songs or albums except if it's completely flawless,unlike Nigerians always call everything good
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by korres00(m): 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
Yung6ix-export
if ur pop z dead, i must b rapping 4rm the cemetery.
They say luv z blind haters can u c me here.
Vector-2nd coming
its ok lyk am driving in the uk...
Ill bliss-anamachikuanu
Blackberry contact longer dan ur IQ.
So many more sha, buh dey trying...#respect> music aint easy
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by iamrealdeji(m): 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
OAAC:
Loool, everyone has been castigating the nigerian hiphop scene, and it's damn obvious the Op is an iceprince hater. Well, i think ice got more dope punchlines, than wack, like fvcksake, have you heard, stars n light, komotion ft wizkd, etc. No hating, but Even the so called american rapper talk BS most times, i could even make a thread of dumbasss punchlines from them! King of punchlines in africa, is still yung6ix #Doinz! My chick blows bills like she's tiwasavage! "punchlines that'll make you think twice"
No,you think they spit BS because you don't understand their lyrics which are full of slangs and partially pronounced words,they're meant for them and for people that understand their lyrics that's why average Nigerians say they rhyme BS cos they don't understand them,some American rappers rhyme BS sometimes but they don't last on the scene before they get sent to where they belong,where are the likes of Soulja Boy,American rap is too competitive to be spitting shit like here in Nigeria,because they've seen lots of super tight rappers and the best rappers in the world are all over there,including countless extremely brilliant Underground rappers
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by iamrealdeji(m): 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
korres00:
Vector-2nd coming
Ill bliss-anamachikuanu
grin grin grin
Lmao
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Maysome90(m): 7:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
rigarmortis:
phynos line....like a calendar I got all your DATES is actually a lil creative, its double edged with two meanings.........a la.....date......girls....got it?.....strike it from that list

Wanted to say the same thing. Iv got all ur dates has a moderate depth compared to those lines that makes no sense at all. E.g I dey fly go Yankee (Ice prince). Dat N* has lost it. Na walk he wan walk before?
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by EpicNigerian(m): 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
Op,Dumb punchlines/metaphors isn't just peculiar with Naija Rappers.

See what your favourite foreign rappers are spitting...lol

1."Nothing exceeds like excess"-JayZ

2."Sometime y'all get crimey crimey, grimy grimy But those with a tiny hiney they get whiny whiny."-Camron

3."I don't kno if this makes sense but ur my halleluiah" (Big Sean)

4."His head up his asss, Imma have to headbutt him"Lil wayne

5."I'm smoking dope, im on my cellphone/ I'm selling dope, straight off the iphone"-Rick Ross

6."I eat her ice cream, she eat my ice cream cone" - Lil wayne

7."I'll break it down for you now, baby it's simple If you be a nyympho, I'll be a nyympho." - 50cent

8."It's so hot in the club that I ain't got no shoes on"- Hurricane Chris

9. "I soo woo like a Wu-Tang lawsuit." -Papoose

10."Gettin rid of bullets, my gun keeps having abortions"- Ludacris

11."Travy porter hit the mall, we ball, all my shoes cheap...why? Cuz my feet small"-Travis Porter

12."Get head while I'm reading, call that shiit facebook"- 2chainz

13."tell 'em ketchup like mayonnaise"- Lil Wayne

14."Lookin so pretty you'da thought i was a f.aggot" - soulja boy

15. "I don't give a shiit like sitting down pissing"- Tyler The creator

16. "I just wanna talk and conversate/ cause I usually just stalk you, and masturbatte"-Tyler The Creator

17."If you wave then I will surf you"- LIl Wayne

18."I'll treat you like milk, I'll do nothin', but spoil you." - Lil Flip

19."when I'm sitting down im smoking loud, when I'm standing up I'm smoking loud!" 2Chainz

20."weezy f baby and the F is for phenomenal"-Lil Wayne

21. "Real rappers is hard to find, like the remote." - common

22."I live by two words: 'fvck you, pay me'"-kanye west

23."And yeah I'm a bear like black and white hair. So I'm polar."-Lil Wayne

24. "You may think that you're the shit but you can't out-fart me." -J. Cole

25."I like them black, white, Puerto Rican, or Haitian, Like Japanese, Chinese, or even Asian." -Chingy

26."Young black and famous with money hanging out the anus." - P Diddy

27. "If you shoot my dog, imma kill yo cat." - Jay Z

28."When I was five my favorite movie was The Gremlins, ain't got shit to do with this I just thought I should mention." - Lil Wayne
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by homesteady(m): 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
8.“I really wish we last long, Anaconda.”
ICEPRINCE, ‘MORE’

I wonder why people are hating on this line! this has to be the Best punchline of all time! Yea I said it! the song is even my ring tone sef!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
iamrealdeji:

No,you think they spit BS because you don't understand their lyrics which are full of slangs and partially pronounced words,they're meant for them and for people that understand their lyrics that's why average Nigerians say they rhyme BS cos they don't understand them,some American rappers rhyme BS sometimes but they don't last on the scene before they get sent to where they belong,where are the likes of Soulja Boy,American rap is too competitive to be spitting shit like here in Nigeria,because they've seen lots of super tight rappers and the best rappers in the world are all over there,including countless extremely brilliant Underground rappers
don't get me wrong thoughh. Greatest rappers of all time, are from there. Dude kendrick lamar is my personal greatest rappest ever....and you mention soulja boy. I think soulja boy is good, and he's still well in the game, he recently got a "microsoft" endorsement so?.... But dude, lets be truthful here, won't you ear itch when birdman's verse comes on, does that mean he ain't prominent What about pdiddy lol, even juicyj, 2chainz got watery verse most times.....rickross talks shiit too. One thing about them, most are stereotyped. Tell me the genre of music ice hasn't jumped on, is it afrobeat, afro hiphop, raggae, rnb, etc.... America got a good headstart, aswell as more hiphop heads, we can't compare there's and our's just yet, but most nigerian rappers are underrated....mi's album drops this month, wait and see. #thankMeLater :p
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 08, 2014
EpicNigerian:

2."Sometime y'all get crimey crimey, grimy grimy But those with a tiny hiney they get whiny whiny."-Camron

5."I'm smoking dope, im on my cellphone/ I'm selling dope, straight off the iphone"-Rick Ross

7."I'll break it down for you now, baby it's simple If you be a nyympho, I'll be a nyympho." - 50cent

11."Travy porter hit the mall, we ball, all my shoes cheap...why? Cuz my feet small"-Travis Porter

16. "I just wanna talk and conversate/ cause I usually just stalk you, and masturbatte"-Tyler The Creator

19."when I'm sitting down im smoking loud, when I'm standing up I'm smoking loud!" 2Chainz

25."I like them black, white, Puerto Rican, or Haitian, Like Japanese, Chinese, or even Asian." -Chingy

28."When I was five my favorite movie was The Gremlins, ain't got shit to do with this I just thought I should mention." - Lil Wayne
thank you! This is what iv been saying! The fact that lilwayne, bigsean, jayz, etc, talk BS on a track doesn't mean they won't make sense on another. Same with there nigerian rappers, just that our's are underrated, thanks to dudes like the op and other castigators.
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
korres00:
Yung6ix-export
if ur pop z dead, i must b rapping 4rm the cemetery.
They say luv z blind haters can u c me here.
Vector-2nd coming
Ill bliss-anamachikuanu
nigga leave yung6ix out of this. You got it wrong! It's "IF HIPHOP IS DEAD, I MUST BE RAPPING FROM THE CEMETARY". Now tell me that ain't the line of the year!
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by iamrealdeji(m): 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
OAAC:
don't get me wrong thoughh. Greatest rappers of all time, are from there. Dude kendrick lamar is my personal greatest rappest ever....and you mention soulja boy. I think soulja boy is good, and he's still well in the game, he recently got a "microsoft" endorsement so?.... But dude, lets be truthful here, won't you ear itch when birdman's verse comes on, does that mean he ain't prominent What about pdiddy lol, even juicyj, 2chainz got watery verse most times.....rickross talks shiit too. One thing about them, most are stereotyped. Tell me the genre of music ice hasn't jumped on, is it afrobeat, afro hiphop, raggae, rnb, etc.... America got a good headstart, aswell as more hiphop heads, we can't compare there's and our's just yet, but most nigerian rappers are underrated....mi's album drops this month, wait and see. #thankMeLater :p
From what you said now,its very obvious you don't listen to American rap,you just listen tothem when they play them on radio and TV,for you to say that Kendrick is ur greatest rapper ever,how many Juicy J and 2 chainz mixtapes have youheard to say that?
Ross is a good lyricist but fake,Birdman is known to be highly criticized for his simple lyrics and regarded by many as a rap entrepreneur,Diddy is pretty tight in his own way,listen to their albums and mixtapes and understand before making such comment
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
iamrealdeji:

From what you said now,its very obvious you don't listen to American rap,you just listen tothem when they play them on radio and TV,for you to say that Kendrick is ur greatest rapper ever,how many Juicy J and 2 chainz mixtapes have youheard to say that?
Ross is a good lyricist but fake,Birdman is known to be highly criticized for his simple lyrics and regarded by many as a rap entrepreneur,Diddy is pretty tight in his own way,listen to their albums and mixtapes and understand before making such comment
hahahaha! I'll say it anywhere, kendrick lamar recently became my greatest rapper. Dafuq is juicy J. Did u hear his verse in rae summords noflexzone remix. I felt like crying i swear. But check out kendrick lamars archievement in such a short while, he had one of the highest grammy nominations last year bruhh. Please listen to his verse of kontrol, where is murderd bigsean on his on track! Please. And also listen to his latest sing "i". Please, support good rap music
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by iamrealdeji(m): 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
OAAC:
hahahaha! I'll say it anywhere, kendrick lamar recently became my greatest rapper. Dafuq is juicy J. Did u hear his verse in rae summords noflexzone remix. I felt like crying i swear. But check out kendrick lamars archievement in such a short while, he had one of the highest grammy nominations last year bruhh. Please listen to his verse of kontrol, where is murderd bigsean on his on track! Please. And also listen to his latest sing "i". Please, support good rap music
I mean what I say,for you to say Ken is the greatest.....,you know nothing about rap,where do you put the likes of Rakim,Kool G,Em,Big Pun,the likes of Em,Nas,E-40,Jay,are still alive and you're talking about Ken is the greatest,you know nothing about rap pls,what's his achievement within a short period of time like what? Go and check the records of his predecessors before saying that,three6mafia(Juicy J's group) won academy award and you can ridicule Juicy J and talk about Ken's achievement? What has he achieved? You know nothing about rap,what do you know about DJ Screw and Screwed up Click? What do you know about UGK holding the south when love-vendor C was alive,what do you know about Mac Dre putting the Bay Area on lock with e-40 before Mac's death,Ken is not even the greatest in his hometown Compton when there used to be likes of Eazy E,Icecube is still alive,Mack 10 is,WC is,but Nigerians have one problem,anything some ignorant analysts say is what people that don't even know anything at all follows,Ken claimed to be the best thing to ever picked up the mic in Control doesn't mean he is,those are just words of tongue and he himself knew he was lying,he was just trying to set the bar higher and make others skydive,he was just trying to motivate them,but ignorant Nigerians fall for anything,most Nigerians don't even understand many things these guys are saying,they just listen to beats and chorus. So pls don't say it to anyone that Ken is the greatest again if you don't want people to mock you,well,you can say it to your friends though,but don't take that across the seas

2 Likes

Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by iamrealdeji(m): 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
EpicNigerian:

Whoever pointed out these mistakes,doesnt know much rap slangs,i know it's not you @EpicNigerian,sometimes,American rappers write quick,sometimes,they put one word for another,sometimes math miscalculation,and sometimes go dumb
Number 27,dog means friend and Cat means guy,if you shoot my friend,imma kill your guy,number 16,conversate is a slang made famous by the likes of BIG,he used to w.a,n.k when he thinks about her before,but now,he has the nerve to talk to her,number 18. Milks spoil,shyne said something similar,but expire like milk instead,so,nothing wrong with that

1 Like

Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by rigarmortis: 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
OAAC:

I respect your opinion bro, i love kendricks mixtapes and album, but your greatest ever?.....it makes you come off like a rap game newbie, have you heard about a certain jayz, one guy named nas, rakim, two guys named mobb deep and other greats

1 Like

Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Brymo: 10:13pm On Oct 08, 2014
Richiy:
Listening to Lecrae and the entire #116 crew has helped me realize that rappers have a lot of work to do. They have to be smart, read wide, know a lot of things and remember them. This would help to generate good punchlines and good delivery.

But these naija "rappers".....them no dey try for punchlines at all. They need to start reading and observing. Honestly.
waow, av u listen to lecrea's new album anomaly?
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2014
iamrealdeji:

I mean what I say,for you to say Ken is the greatest.....,you know nothing about rap,where do you put the likes of Rakim,Kool G,Em,Big Pun,the likes of Em,Nas,E-40,Jay,are still alive and you're talking about Ken is the greatest,you know nothing about rap pls,what's his achievement within a short period of time like what? Go and check the records of his predecessors before saying that,three6mafia(Juicy J's group) won academy award and you can ridicule Juicy J and talk about Ken's achievement? What has he achieved? You know nothing about rap,what do you know about DJ Screw and Screwed up Click? What do you know about UGK holding the south when love-vendor C was alive,what do you know about Mac Dre putting the Bay Area on lock with e-40 before Mac's death,Ken is not even the greatest in his hometown Compton when there used to be likes of Eazy E,Icecube is still alive,Mack 10 is,WC is,but Nigerians have one problem,anything some ignorant analysts say is what people that don't even know anything at all follows,Ken claimed to be the best thing to ever picked up the mic in Control doesn't mean he is,those are just words of tongue and he himself knew he was lying,he was just trying to set the bar higher and make others skydive,he was just trying to motivate them,but ignorant Nigerians fall for anything,most Nigerians don't even understand many things these guys are saying,they just listen to beats and chorus. So pls don't say it to anyone that Ken is the greatest again if you don't want people to mock you,well,you can say it to your friends though,but don't take that across the seas
okay let me make it clear, no1 told me about kendrick though, i saw him rap, and i felt it inside, he brings a different meaning to hiphop, so recently when he dropped "i", i tagged him my "personal", greatest rapper. Every dude is entitled to his opinion bruhh. Go on twitter, and see people claiming iggy azalea, raps better than nicki, nigga, that's there opinion. Hiphop is a game, when you join doesn't matter, howlong doesn't either. And pls don't put words into my mouth, i never mentioned jayz, kanye, eminem, etc before doesn't mean i don't hav love for them. Eminem is currently ruling my playlist with that track he featured sia. Jayz last album went platinum on my playlist. If you recall, i mentioned on my first post, that the us got more adv. Due to d hiphop heads they gat. Who do u think i was referring to?? And pleeeease, stop mentioning juicy j, that dude is the arguably the wackest! I've listened to the us hiphop all my life, there's nothing you can tel me.....jayz, 50cent got all the money, but there are drastically loosing grip, esp 50cent. When last did his track go platinum? Support kendrick today, he's the future of global hiphop. And i love eminem pls

1 Like

Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
rigarmortis:

I respect your opinion bro, i love kendricks mixtapes and album, but your greatest ever?.....it makes you come off like a rap game newbie, have you heard about a certain jayz, one guy named nas, rakim, two guys named mobb deep and other greats

thanks and yes i mean it, and no i'm not just some hiphop newbie! I know real hiphop when i see one. I know what i see in kendrick lamar. When last did nas' track go platinum pls?? Or wait because the started the hiphop biz, aren't you aware there are losing grip?? I'm stil a diehard emi, jayz, kanye, andre3000, dude, but kendrick brought a different typa hiphop, the one i could easily relate to. It's my opinion! Have yu heard control?
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Mention(m): 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
SPEEDEPITOME:
My dumbest of all time remains 'JUST LIKE RICE AND BEANS, EVERY MAN AND WOMAN MUST MIX.....wtf! I can't really place the artiste now.

There is a difference between word play and punchline... Op, please note
Some of the lines up there are good. If you fault them , then i think you have plenty of lines to take down.
My opinion though.
That was Sound Sultan in 2Face-Enter The Place
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
I believe vector and ice prince lines made sense, I understood wat dey were trying to say, try to think of the meaning of their lines in real life, its really an inspiration
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by johncozy(m): 10:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
NLers too sabi US hip hop abeg... anyways what's d meaning of 'BS' pls?
these rappers y'all arguing about,all they rap about is pussy,money, girls nd shit. That's y i like eminem,he's different. lol,IMO tho, mk OOAC nd iamrealdeji no com attack me o....i no sabi all dese pple u talking abt.. rakim ko mustapha ni smiley
btw, i now knw ooac likes kendrick....who's ur fav rapper @iamrealdeji
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by iamrealdeji(m): 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
OAAC:
okay let me make it clear, no1 told me about kendrick though, i saw him rap, and i felt it inside, he brings a different meaning to hiphop, so recently when he dropped "i", i tagged him my "personal", greatest rapper. Every dude is entitled to his opinion bruhh. Go on twitter, and see people claiming iggy azalea, raps better than nicki, nigga, that's there opinion. Hiphop is a game, when you join doesn't matter, howlong doesn't either. And pls don't put words into my mouth, i never mentioned jayz, kanye, eminem, etc before doesn't mean i don't hav love for them. Eminem is currently ruling my playlist with that track he featured sia. Jayz last album went platinum on my playlist. If you recall, i mentioned on my first post, that the us got more adv. Due to d hiphop heads they gat. Who do u think i was referring to?? And pleeeease, stop mentioning juicy j, that dude is the arguably the wackest! I've listened to the us hiphop all my life, there's nothing you can tel me.....jayz, 50cent got all the money, but there are drastically loosing grip, esp 50cent. When last did his track go platinum? Support kendrick today, he's the future of global hiphop. And i love eminem pls
50 cent is out of it,what is so special about "I" that a lot of rappers have not said more than it,the likes of KRSONE say exactly the type of things he said in hi,maybe you like the production and the fact that it's so soft and conscious rap,i don't see anything special about it,ofcourse,Iggy is better than Nicki,if you listen to her mixtapes,EPs and her debut,ive liked her than Nicky ever since she stepped in,shes more like MC Lyte,shes not all about raunchy talks and bragging like Nicky,Nicky has all the swags though,but Iggy is a far better lyricist,as for Juicy J,his style of rap is very different,he's one of the originators of 1st generation drill rap,his genre is different he was well known to be one of the most prominent horrorcore rappers,thats what he does,hes been in this game since 1991 and he's still on point like Madonna's nose,Juicy J's style is very different,it doesn't mean he's not good,he raps drill and horrorcore,and very good at it,when he was in three6mafia with Project Pat(his brother)and Dj Paul they created their own style trying to be different and that's what graduated to what he raps now,do you think it's easy to win Oscars? And he won it with DJ Paul when they were still together,how many rappers have won Oscar? Even how many black actors have won that?but they won it with their music,and 50 that everybody is bodying now came in to be far far bigger than Ken,he was very dope lyrically,etc,and he went down all of a sudden,who knows the future of Ken?before mentioning Ken,you have to realize that everything he's doing now,some have already done x10 of it and they're still alive,Nas is still alive,can Ken ever release an album like Nas' first album Illmatic? Hell no,its Impossible,the album made Nas king of Newyork,until BIG came in,dropped his first album too,super tight too and collected the crown,but I'llmatic is still the best album ever in rap till date,google it,nothing special about Ken's music at all,we've heard way better albums,he claimed to be the king of everywhere,but did his first album sell 1/6th of Dr Dre (also from Ken's hometown) first album?hell no,all of Ken's sales put together including all his albums,mixtapes have not reached the first year sales of Dre's first album(chronic) when it came out,i still listen,to it till date,so who's Ken to say he's the King when he's not even the King of Compton,not to talk of West coast,not to talk of the entire America
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
Richiy:
Listening to Lecrae and the entire #116 crew has helped me realize that rappers have a lot of work to do. They have to be smart, read wide, know a lot of things and remember them. This would help to generate good punchlines and good delivery.

But these naija "rappers".....them no dey try for punchlines at all. They need to start reading and observing. Honestly.
well said!

Can't get enough of Lecrae,the guy is just too good at what he does.
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by rigarmortis: 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
OAAC:
thanks and yes i mean it, and no i'm not just some hiphop newbie! I know real hiphop when i see one. I know what i see in kendrick lamar. When last did nas' track go platinum pls?? Or wait because the started the hiphop biz, aren't you aware there are losing grip?? I'm stil a diehard emi, jayz, kanye, andre3000, dude, but kendrick brought a different typa hiphop, the one i could easily relate to. It's my opinion! Have yu heard control?

Jayz is the greatest rapper alive ALLROUND.

All his albums have debuted no 1 on billboard, he beat elvis presly to that record, and to think a rapper and not a rock acheived the feat is crazy.

He has mad business sense, something most rappers brag about but dont have.

Though he is not the highest seller per album, he is the highest seller allround, albums plus singles.

He has the longest longevity of a rapper so far, most rappers and even rnb singers fade, 5 to 10yrs max, not jay, he is the last surviving of his era..

Most consistent rapper, some rapper can boast of their debut being their best album, jay redefines it, his albums from reasonable doubt till date is dope, some are better than the others but you can never say one is wack, and he has numerous albums..

Pushing the boundaries......by constant redefining and appeal, from rock to hard core rap, best of both worlds, and mtv unplugged with linkin park, jay introduces rap to previous unbelivers and gets em hooked.

Jays mastery of the flow sets him above many others, few can kill a beat like jay, party, hardcore, soulfull, rock, jay can ride it.

Now you will think a dude with all these qualities will be a sellout, washout rapper, but no, jay is there with the best of them all, his lines are tight, his story telling skills are crazy and his flow is unequalled..

Jays has a wide range of rap themes, from the classic grass to grace story, to the made men/mafia theme like blue magic, to the heartfelt songs like songcry, to the hood anthems like hard knock life, to the life in the hood songs like where am from, to i dont care songs like 99 problems, to club bangers jays gat all in his arsenal, to songs with supernatural cum hood politics with double tripple edge meanings like d'evils.....

Give it to jay........he is your favourite rappers favourite rapper, kendrick, cole, the game, drake cant be wrong.
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by iamrealdeji(m): 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
johncozy:
NLers too sabi US hip hop abeg... anyways what's d meaning of 'BS' pls?
these rappers y'all arguing about,all they rap about is pussy,money, girls nd shit. That's y i like eminem,he's different. lol,IMO tho, mk OOAC nd iamrealdeji no com attack me o....i no sabi all dese pple u talking abt.. rakim ko mustapha ni smiley
btw, i now knw ooac likes kendrick....who's ur fav rapper @iamrealdeji

Well,that's a very difficult question and there are many types of rap for me to say a rapper is my fav,i'd rather choose my best rappers from each sub genre of rap,and each type of rap also,and choose my favorite from each city,my favorite underground rapper,favorite mixtape rapper,so,its impossible for me to have one rapper as my fav
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by EpicNigerian(m): 11:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
iamrealdeji:

Whoever pointed out these mistakes,doesnt know much rap slangs,i know it's not you @EpicNigerian,sometimes,American rappers write quick,sometimes,they put one word for another,sometimes math miscalculation,and sometimes go dumb
Number 27,dog means friend and Cat means guy,if you shoot my friend,imma kill your guy,number 16,conversate is a slang made famous by the likes of BIG,he used to w.a,n.k when he thinks about her before,but now,he has the nerve to talk to her,number 18. Milks spoil,shyne said something similar,but expire like milk instead,so,nothing wrong with that
Those lines in my post were not mistakes....they were simply dumb.

I'm not too big on american slangs,so u may be correct on the 'conversate' and the 'cat n dog' lines i pointed out in my post but that doesn't make those lines any less corny and wack.

I mean....if u can excuse their (foreign rappers) mediocre flows,why can't you do same for our own.

And,yeah.I wasn't the one that pointed out all those lines.They were so wack that they were all over the internet.

1 Like

Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Roon9(m): 11:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
Nice write up but it was grossly biased! '' Automatic leave em dead in d living room''... Yes, this was said by lil wayne. My point is sometimes as an artist u jus have to mix the shallow n d deep so it can all flow especially in a country like Nigeria where the average listener may not get most of d hardcore punchlines n wordplays....

I wrote this sermon in anger when u included MY ERIGGa dia.... Ifa hear! Bros no go dia OOoo
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by Fweshdude(m): 11:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
iamrealdeji:

Yeah,they have their shitty lines too,but theirs is always as a result of miscalculation or putting a for b,like a rapper once said the sun revolves round the earth,instead vise versa,thats obviously misarrangement of words in their lyrics,like Foxy Brown once miscalculated a math in "affirmative action" they also spit shitty lines but [b]not always particularly extremely senseless like those of the Nigerian rappers[\b],and they get criticized a lot by fans,critics and pals,they don't get praised for their songs or albums except if it's completely flawless,unlike Nigerians always call everything good
γσυ ηαı◘εd ıт вʀσ.☺
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by johncozy(m): 11:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
iamrealdeji:

Well,that's a very difficult question and there are many types of rap for me to say a rapper is my fav,i'd rather choose my best rappers from each sub genre of rap,and each type of rap also,and choose my favorite from each city,my favorite underground rapper,favorite mixtape rapper,so,its impossible for me to have one rapper as my fav
aiit man! bless up! talking bout rap subgenres i kinda like trap. if it's a subgenre tho. besides, are you an aspiring artiste or just a music lover?
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by CashdownNG: 3:28am On Oct 09, 2014
penquin:
rubbish or no rubbish, dumb or no dumb the fact remains that they get paid. #owo wo le wa

there's it folks... the motivation for these artistes to spill crap..
smh...
Re: 10 Dumbest Punchlines By Naija Celebrity Rappers by iamrealdeji(m): 6:35am On Oct 09, 2014
johncozy:

aiit man! bless up! talking bout rap subgenres i kinda like trap. if it's a subgenre tho. besides, are you an aspiring artiste or just a music lover?
Noo,im not an aspiring artiste,i'm a busy guy,and rap doesn't sell in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Wizkid During His Junior Secondary School Days / This Girl Corazon Kwamboka Has The Biggest And Sexiest Booty In Africa (pics) / OMG!!! You’ll Be Shocked What This Female Final Yr Student Did To Herself (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.