Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

How To Identify An Unknown Caller - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify An Unknown Caller (28874 Views)

How To Trace The Details Of An Unknown Number Calling You / MTN Introduce Reveal Unknown Caller ID / How To Identify An Unknown Caller! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify An Unknown Caller by davidugotex(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2014
Have you had a situation whereby an unknown number kept calling you without giving you any breathing space? Or perhaps fraudsters have been calling you to rip you off your hard-earned money? Or perhaps threatening or blackmailing you? If you have had any of those annoying experience, learn a very simple way to burst them up and know their true identity, whether the number is a local number or International number.

Step 1: Go to www.truecaller.com, select your Country and sign in for free using either g+(your gmail account), faceboook or Yahoo.

Step 2: Type correctly in the search space the phone number you want to know the owner. Include the country code. Example: +2348030000111.

Step3: After typing the phone number hit your Enter/Return key on your keyboard.
Then watch the person's name and location and even picture display on your computer screen.

Please take note that not all phone numbers can be found in Truecaller database, you don't expect to find a new number that has not been used before, which is also not registered by the network provider.

Like I said before, Truecaller is available for everyone to use for free, however, you are limited to 12 numbers every 12 hours. That is to say, if you have searched for up to 12 numbers, you need to wait for another 12 hours before you search for another 12 numbers. Understand?

On the last note, it will interest you to know that Truecaller have their mobile application for Apple IOS, Android, Symbian, Windows, and Blackberry. With their mobile application, you can know the caller identity once his/her call enters through your phone, and there is no limitation to how many caller IDs you can unmask.

Did you find this tutorial helpful? Visit my blog for more exciting updates. http://brainxpansion..com

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Orunto: 9:46am On Oct 08, 2014
Thanks!
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by player007(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2014
What do you do when its an unknown caller with no number?

8 Likes

Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Mujinho4b(m): 11:01am On Oct 08, 2014
Na so... wink... Make I 1st experiment am with my Frnd Numba... undecided..

1 Like

Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by 100Cents: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2014
Lie Lie..

This thing doesn't work except on the basis of a phone number already registered on their website.

I wanted to check my stalkers and they are asking me to register with my phone number first. What a scam ? Even when I did, they couldn't even locate the owners of the numbers.

Una think say I be pikin ?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by fursh(m): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2014
Ok cool. Would try it soon. Thanks in advance OP
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by mabeni(m): 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
player007:
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by johnstar(m): 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
all dis long process? juz 2 review hidden numbrs.. WTF
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Abbey2sam(m): 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
johnstar:
all dis long process? juz 2 review hidden numbrs.. WTF

You can't view a hidden number, it only review contact whose name is not on your contact list .....

and again the number must have found it way to any social media platform before truecaller can find it........

Sometimes the only advantage is that you know who is calling you even when the contact is not on your contact list

disadvantage, it only work with 3G or something higher

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by johnstar(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
Abbey2sam:

You can't view a hidden number, it only review contact whose name is not on your contact list .....

and again the number must have found it way to any social media platform before truecaller can find it........

Sometimes the only advantage is that you know who is calling you even when the contact is not on your contact list

tnk u sir
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by anselm791(m): 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
It got the location wrong jor
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by hendrixxx(m): 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
Yep
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by davidugotex(m): 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
player007:

The scope of this tutorial does not cover that. I'm sure if you research online there might be a possible solution.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Merlissa(f): 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
Works for me all the time... I set it to automatically track numbers when ever I receive a call

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by ladel(m): 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
Nice one
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Adeoba10(m): 3:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
Android users can also download d application, but most numbers do show Delhi
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by ilotriouzAY(m): 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
Nice one OP

by the way,

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by jude33084(m): 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
Wow! It works cheesy
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Isiterere(m): 5:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
Abbey2sam:

point of correction , it works on EDGE as well, I hardly use 3G.
I wish the app can cover hidden number as well.

Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
One 419 guy called my friend and was asking 'Emmanuel, you don't know me? I'm your friend John from NYSC...'
Meanwhile, truecaller showed the name as Chima!
My friend replied 'Chima, I don't know you biko, go away! Onye oshi! grin grin grin'

5 Likes

Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Frankestein08(m): 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
tchidi:
One 419 guy called my friend and was asking 'Emmanuel, you don't know me? I'm your friend John from NYSC...'
My friend replied 'Chima, I don't know you biko, go away! Onye oshi! grin grin grin'

lmao, if na me I go just faint.

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2014
That's wonderful
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Smooyis(m): 8:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
Nice info!
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
tchidi:
grin grin grin highest level of falling hands. grin the fake caller fit commit suicide o grin
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Dollarjunkie: 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
iFollow 6 plus
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
You can also unlist your number easily. i.e Anyone who performs a TrueCaller search on your number will end up with "No Result".

Simply visit http://truecaller.com/unlist
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
Sm1 give me a direct link joor or is it on playstore? Leme see d number that sent me an sms dat I won 750000k
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by nwaobitex: 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
Thanks op
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
Yea it worked.
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by tomiobj(m): 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
Famzer oshi. If He is a 419. I will show him I am a 420
tchidi:
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by philtrum(m): 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
Testing 1,2,3
Re: How To Identify An Unknown Caller by nefertiitii: 12:01am On Oct 09, 2014
Lol ive had truecaller app on my fone for bou 2yrs
Im surprised ppl still dnt know bout it
Just go to google playstore and download d app smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etisalat's N100 Data Plan For Nairaland / Who Else Is Having Problems With Their Airtel Internet Connection? / Realme Phones - Let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.