Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo (31851 Views)

Why Jonathan Lost Presidential Election – Former Deputy Senate President, Mantu / Senate Terminates REMITA Contract And Orders Prosecution Of Culprits / Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by datbay(m): 10:59am On Oct 08, 2014
The battle for the soul of Adamawa state has just started.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Chiefpriest1(m): 10:59am On Oct 08, 2014
Its d right thing to do. Trouble has just started in that state
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Greataausim(m): 11:00am On Oct 08, 2014
:oA Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered that the former Deputy Governor of Adamawa State, Mr. Bala Ngilari, be sworn in as the governor of the state.
The court ruled that the purported resignation of Ngilari on July 14, 2014 was invalid, null and void as it breached the provisions of sections 306(1), (2) and (5) of the 1999 Constitution because it was addressed to the Speaker and acted upon by the House of Assembly.
Ngilari, erstwhile deputy to removed Governor Murtala Nyako had filed a suit before the Federal High Court in Abuja, seeking an order compelling his swearing in as the governor of the state.
He had asked the court to declare his resignation letter dated July 14, 2014 and addressed to the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, as illegal, null and void.In his suit, marked, FHC/ABJ/CS/545/14, the plaintiff argued that his resignation letter was in breach of the provisions of sections 306(1), (2) and (5) of the 1999 Constitution because it was addressed to the Speaker and acted upon by the House of Assembly.
Justice Adeniyi Ademola, while delivering his judgment, ruled that Ngilari’s letter was written at a time when Nyako had not been removed, thus implying that the letter ought to have gone through Nyako as then governor, which it did not, thus rendering the resignation null and void.
He therefore ruled that Ngilari be sworn in as the substantive governor of the state.
The judgment implies that the bye-election slated for Saturday by INEC, has been stopped......... More details later embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by kalishay: 11:00am On Oct 08, 2014
Preparationz at top gear!! Let's wait and c Wat ll happen come saturday..
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by feelamong(m): 11:00am On Oct 08, 2014
Kai!!

These guys really got PDP below their belt!! grin grin grin

Very sure that Fayose will be shaking and sweating now.. grin

7 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by kenbee(f): 11:02am On Oct 08, 2014
our democrazy is really growing
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:03am On Oct 08, 2014
Ekowise:
OMG
bigwallace:
!!
kolomax:
grin
ashson:
i c
Babyboy1986:
Hmmm
mikeson12:
smiley
Nlmadfreak:
I dey!
kennosklint:
Nonsense, brb
Geenet:
National Battle
Geenet:
hhmmmm
ayusco85:

OK.
kalishay:
top gear!!
ayusco85:

OK.
See dem, dem kome in different shapes & sizes!
undecided

O ye bookers of space, what art thou gainest 4rm all diz cancorum, ehn? grin

4 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by VcStunner(m): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2014
Well you can just imagine what follows after that court judgement.... Nyako was a slowpoke, Fintiri acted upon his stupidity, now Ngilari just realized its time his family and clan benefit from the illiteracy and ignorance in adamawa state. PDP sweeps adamawa with APC's brooms come 2015, u said GEj is clueless? U've not seen the last of him. I just dey observe ni o lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by brainpower(m): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2014
Will this be victory for pdp or apc? I'm confused honestly. The deputy governor isn't going to have things easy I swear cos the house of assembly will make sure of that.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by chimerase2: 11:05am On Oct 08, 2014
grin
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Oceemo(m): 11:05am On Oct 08, 2014
[color=#000099][/color] undecidedWhere is ribadu now? Nigeria politics is the best. When u think u ontop d will jst dribble u down down..... Wat a game man am enjoying this wish am one of d key player tho

4 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by lizzysam29(f): 11:05am On Oct 08, 2014
Up Nija govt. U toy wt ur citizens emotions as u feel. Y nw, y wen is jst few days 2 d election? Al dis months. Well u pple (nija) re notin bt clawns.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by nerodenero: 11:05am On Oct 08, 2014
There is fire on the mountain and I guess PDP will be running in that state.Kudos to the Judiciary.Wish this can continue where justice and equity will be served at all levels in the country
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by mainheart(m): 11:06am On Oct 08, 2014
Nigeria court of impotent. na now the judge wakeup
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Macky2(m): 11:07am On Oct 08, 2014
Patiently waiting for another news to counter the Federal High Court ruling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by dayocash: 11:07am On Oct 08, 2014
So, which party is now to take over? Is the former deputy governor a pdp or apc man? What a country.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by ammanison(m): 11:07am On Oct 08, 2014
Moderator pls front page
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 08, 2014
The deputy is still a PDP member.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2014
chimerase2:
grin
Even u too? Space bookin? shocked

Issorite, no problem, kontunu
God is washin everythin we're doin oo!
grin
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by ammanison(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2014
He is a loyalist off Nyako APC
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by ammanison(m): 11:09am On Oct 08, 2014
em77:
The deputy is still a PDP member.
APC

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:09am On Oct 08, 2014
ammanison:
Moderator pls front page
Na wa oo!
Nor be frontpage u take c diz thread? Abi na back fence u 4llow enta here?
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by chimerase2: 11:09am On Oct 08, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

Even u too? Space bookin? shocked

Issorite, no problem, kontunu
God is washinin everythin we're doin oo!
grin
u knw say u be ma oga nah so I say mak I follow u cheesy

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 08, 2014
[.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 08, 2014
This nonsense is happening because of the desperation of President Badluck in dealing with Nyako. I hope the court nullifies his impeachment too asap.

5 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by ogirma: 11:11am On Oct 08, 2014
I just love this news, at least what they did is now biting them in their ass bow hehe
That's what u get when u do things cos of money and selfish interest oya now. Let the politicking begin
Now pls what will be the faith of them Ribadu now that are waiting to contest in 2015? Hehehe I DE Laugh

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:11am On Oct 08, 2014
chimerase2:
u knw say u be ma oga nah so I say mak I follow u cheesy
Na xo na!
& we owe no one apology or toothpick grin
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by iJAY1: 11:12am On Oct 08, 2014
VcStunner:
Well you can just imagine what follows after that court judgement.... Nyako was a slowpoke, Fintiri acted upon his stupidity, now Ngilari just realized its time his family and clan benefit from the illiteracy and ignorance in adamawa state. PDP sweeps adamawa with APC's brooms come 2015, u said GEj is clueless? U've not seen the last of him. I just dey observe ni o lipsrsealed

my thought exactly, the dude is smart. he's likely to defect to PDP to save his a.s.s
Oh before I forget, he's already in PDP
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by egift(m): 11:13am On Oct 08, 2014
When the truth/light come PDP will vanish. I just dey pity Ribadu - did he no hear that the patient dog eats the fattest bone. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by AhmedB: 11:14am On Oct 08, 2014
The drama just began, can't wait to see how the wahala unfold in the end.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 08, 2014
Hmmmm... So PDP didn't really checkmate APC. They didn't notice APC's Knight in a close position, ready to deflect the checkmate. Nice strategy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drop The Name Nigeria, It's Demeaning: Wole Olanipekun Advocates Restructuring / Unknown Gunmen Shooting In Nkwelle, Anambra This Morning (Video) / Osinbajo, Dolapo, Aisha Buhari On His Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.