Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible (1552 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? / How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by femicyrus(m): 11:44am On Oct 09, 2014
Since our pastors are the richest in the world now then Nigeria should have appeared somewhere in the bible in form of a prophecy by a prophet that a country will emerge who's pastors will be the richest in the world at a time like this. We seems to know God better than the whole world and God should have notify us or atleast give us a clue in the bible about christianity in nigeria in the later day. Our pastors always hit the news more than any country

1 Like

Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by MrPresident1: 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
femicyrus:
Since our pastors are the richest in the world now then Nigeria should have appeared somewhere in the bible in form of a prophecy by a prophet that a country will emerge who's pastors will be the richest in the world at a time like this. We seems to know God better than the whole world and God should have notify us or atleast give us a clue in the bible about christianity in nigeria in the later day. Our pastors always hit the news more than any country

Who told you Nigeria is not in the Bible? Who do you think these verses of the Bible are referring to;
Isaiah 29:13
Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Matthew 15:8
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

1 Like

Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by majorgr: 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
Because Nigeria was not yet a nation when the Bible was written!
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
MrPresident1:

Who told you Nigeria is not in the Bible? Who do you think these verses of the Bible are referring to;
Isaiah 29:13
Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Matthew 15:8
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

You are a fool.

5 Likes

Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by MrPresident1: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

You are a fool.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by kestolove95(m): 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
Cox its not God givn wealth..
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by femicyrus(m): 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
Atleast [/color]a prophesy about the present status of our pastors richer than other christians around the world.[color=#000099]
majorgr:
Because Nigeria was not yet a nation when the Bible was written!
[color=#000099][/color]Nigeria is more popular than Isreal and Egypt in terms of pastors and wealth
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by Rilwayne001: 2:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

You are a fool.

LOL grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by asalimpo(m): 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
Is america in d bible?
Theyve done a lot more than Nigeria to advance d gospel.

Nigeria doesnt compare by any margin on d missionary outreach scale.

Is south korea (or is north) in d bible? The biggest church is there.
Biggest by attendance count.
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by femicyrus(m): 3:39pm On Oct 09, 2014
asalimpo:
Is america in d bible?
Theyve done a lot more than Nigeria to advance d gospel.

Nigeria doesnt compare by any margin on d missionary outreach scale.

Is south korea (or is north) in d bible? The biggest church is there.
Biggest by attendance count.
1) David Oyedepo. Net Worth: $150 million
2) Chris Oyakhilome. Net Worth: $50 million.
3) Benny Hinn. Net Worth: $48 million (US).
4) Creflo Dollar. Net Worth: $27 million (US).
5) Billy Graham. Net Worth: $25 million(US).
6) TD Jakes. Net Worth: $18 million (US).
7) TB Joshua. Net Worth: $15 million.
8 ) Matthew Ashimilowo. Net Worth: $10 million.
9) Chris Okotie. Net Worth: $10 million.
10) Joseph Prince. Net Worth: $5 million (Singapore)

Source: www.richestlifestyle.com/top-10-richest-pastors-in-the-world/
Nigeria with 50% out of the ranking should have made a line in biblical prophecy followed by US.
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by asalimpo(m): 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
Are u sure ur figures ar correct?
Chris okotie bght a $1m car last year , not his first expensive ride.
Dyu slurge 10% of ur networth on a car?

Anyway ...

My question still stands.
The countries with d most impact on christianity arent in d bible.
So y shud naija b?
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by femicyrus(m): 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
asalimpo:
Are u sure ur figures ar correct?
Chris okotie bght a $1m car last year , not his first expensive ride.
Dyu slurge 10% of ur networth on a car?

Anyway ...

My question still stands.
The countries with d most impact on christianity arent in d bible.
So y shud naija b?
With all the church tv stations, universities, jets, buildings etc. I doubt if any one could beat Nigeria
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by asalimpo(m): 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
[quote
author=femicyrus
post=26999203
]
With all the church tv stations, universities, jets, buildings etc. I doubt if any one could beat Nigeria[/quote]

universities that is offering world class education @ affordable prices? Or tht has a fixed price not adjusted year by year?

Or universities, making sombody else rich. A milkg bzness.

Tv stations,yeah, as a bizness arm also.
Bascally wat is d impact of som of these mega churches on d society they exist in?
Christians ar as greedy and connivg as d gospel propagated nowadays.
Lastly, wu ar these pastors impressing? God or the world?
Cuz as for Jesus, it is doing wat he called them to do- feed His sheep. Not pile up a fortune. Theyre money doesnt impress Jesus.
"loveth me mor than this?" - jesus asked peter.

How much do these ministries pay their staff?
Go figure.
Acquiring wealth for forbes index, while riding on d back of slave labour to run a ministry.

2 Likes

Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by Abdulsalam20(m): 9:54am On Oct 11, 2014
i dont know why nigerians are shouting jesus when the said he is only sent to the lost ship o israel
mathew 15:24
He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of
Israel."

I BEG WETIN CONCERN NIGERIANS grin

1 Like

Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by Gombs(m): 10:09am On Oct 11, 2014
femicyrus:

1) David Oyedepo. Net Worth: $150 million
2) Chris Oyakhilome. Net Woth: $50 million.
3) Benny Hinn. Net Worth: $48 million (US).
4) Creflo Dollar. Net Worth: $27 million (US).
5) Billy Graham. Net Worth: $25 million(US).
6) TD Jakes. Net Worth: $18 million (US).
7) TB Joshua. Net Worth: $15 million.
8 ) Matthew Ashimilowo. Net Worth: $10 million.
9) Chris Okotie. Net Worth: $10 million.
10) Joseph Prince. Net Worth: $5 million (Singapore)

Source: www.richestlifestyle.com/top-10-richest-pastors-in-the-world/
Nigeria with 50% out of the ranking should have made a line in biblical prophecy followed by US.

Crappy list...what benchmarks were used in the said measurement? Yeah, right! Assumptions.

Kenneth Copeland has been giving out jets yet, he's not there on the list, what of Adeboye?...and many others...let me not mention priests and Reverends in the Catholic, Anglican and Methodist churches.

Later you lot call another person gullible
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by Gombs(m): 10:14am On Oct 11, 2014
asalimpo:

universities that is offering world class education @ affordable prices? Or tht has a fixed price not adjusted year by year?

Or universities, making sombody else rich. A milkg bzness.

Tv stations,yeah, as a bizness arm also.
Bascally wat is d impact of som of these mega churches on d society they exist in?
Christians ar as greedy and connivg as d gospel propagated nowadays.
Lastly, wu ar these pastors impressing? God or the world?
Cuz as for Jesus, it is doing wat he called them to do- feed His sheep. Not pile up a fortune. Theyre money doesnt impress Jesus.
"loveth me mor than this?" - jesus asked peter.

How much do these ministries pay their staff?
Go figure.
Acquiring wealth for forbes index, while riding on d back of slave labour to run a ministry.

Ma'am please, I mean no offence, but can you reduce the use of abbreviated words? 'U', 'cuz', 'bascally', 'd', 'wu', 'ar' . Use punctuations too.

I found it difficult to read your post! Writings like this tends to make one not to take you serious or assume you are a teenager!

Thank you
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by femicyrus(m): 11:22am On Oct 11, 2014
Pls checK the post title
Gombs:

Crappy list...what benchmarks were used in the said measurement? Yeah, right! Assumptions.

Kenneth Copeland has been giving out jets yet, he's not there on the list, what of Adeboye?...and many others...let me not mention priests and Reverends in the Catholic, Anglican and Methodist churches.

Later you lot call another person gullible
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by Weah96: 12:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
Abdulsalam20:
i dont know why nigerians are shouting jesus when the said he is only sent to the lost ship o israel
mathew 15:24
He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of
Israel."

I BEG WETIN CONCERN NIGERIANS grin

But...but... Israel means all of us, na.

Sheep are very foolish animals to emulate. In fact, their name represents an insult to any human being with average intelligence.
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by asalimpo(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
Gombs:

Ma'am please, I mean no offence, but can you reduce the use of abbreviated words? 'U', 'cuz', 'bascally', 'd', 'wu', 'ar' . Use punctuations too.

I found it difficult to read your post! Writings like this tends to make one not to take you serious or assume you are a teenager!

Thank you

This is internet culture. You dont expect users to write long hand and formally. Every1 isnt preparing their replies on tble surfaces,chair ,paper and pen and readg lamps.
You dont know where users are connectg from, or wat devices theyre using. You grow up.

And i'm not a ma'm.

1 Like

Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by Gombs(m): 5:45am On Oct 12, 2014
asalimpo:

This is internet culture. You dont expect users to write long hand and formally. Every1 isnt preparing their replies on tble surfaces,chair ,paper and pen and readg lamps.
You dont know where users are connectg from, or wat devices theyre using. You grow up.

And i'm not a ma'm.
internet culture? how many times has el rufai,NOI, seun, mods, WinsomeX, most grown ups etc tweeted or typed in internet culture?is there any such thing as internet culture? All I asked for it the ability to read your posts, not to make you look bad. Why type what folks can't readily comprehend? Connecting from or what device is not an excuse for typing in short hand. I use a mobike phone, or a tab, or a laptop...no matter my hurry, I type English. If you must write in English, do it properly.

From the above bold, i just summed up your mental capacity,and age. Ma'am means A polite form of address for a woman or lady. It's short for madam...have a great life.

2 Likes

Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by timilehing(m): 6:21am On Oct 12, 2014
Nigeriaundecided of all nations
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by AlfaSelltzer: 6:29am On Oct 12, 2014
asalimpo:

And i'm not a ma'm.

All he asked for is for you to please type in proper English and punctuations, or at least make the sacrifice of trying undecided

From the above, why not add 'a' to the word tble? Or 'in' to 'readg' ? Etc Isnt is isn't and dont is don't etc

...you are not a ma'am?
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by Ajibam: 6:37am On Oct 12, 2014
AlfaSelltzer:

All he asked for is for you to please type in proper English and punctuations, or at least make the sacrifice of trying undecided

From the above, why not add 'a' to the word tble? Or 'in' to 'readg' ? Etc Isnt is isn't and dont is don't etc

...you are not a ma'am?
You are alive?
Wow
Re: How Come, Nigeria Is Not In The Bible by femicyrus(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
grin

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Pastor To Have Bodyguard To Guide Him Arround? / Does The Universe Need A Creator ? / Pastor Joseph Prince - Calvary Animation Video ( What Happened At The Cross!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.