Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,963 members, 7,896,083 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 04:51 AM

UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now (52275 Views)

Boko Haram Main Sponsors Are Reportedly Broke, A Military Officer Has Revealed. / Buhari Is Boko Haram’s Main Sponsor.GEJ Speaks.pics / U.s. Army Gen. Carter Ham - Nigeria Is Boko Haram's Main Target (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 10, 2014
40,000 fighters not 5,000 fighter,ofwhich Nigerian army will try harder.
daresma93:
shey na dis kind jet wan flush out 5000 fighters.nigeria air force are dreaming somebody please wake them up
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Mcbussy(m): 11:21am On Oct 10, 2014
saintjoel:

The NAF already has 12 J7 and 2 F7 aircrafts in their inventory,check the analysis in my posts.I feel the problem we should all agree on is updating the planes they have in stock and making sure we've the right people in charge,the rot in the military didn't just start today,it has been there since the 70s.

That's my exact points, upgrade d planes.
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 10, 2014
Agreement was reached between SA and Nigeria in cape town on Tuesday,the money will be released anytime from now....

jonuel1:

O! Now u know it is outdated shey? When South Africa seized the money ment for arms purchase, you and many Nigerians shouted it serves our leaders right and now u are saying "it is outdated".

If the activities of boko had reached you or any of your loved ones that they either died or are left mutilated, you would have known better.
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 10, 2014
LilPeezy:
dey dere make pant dey wear u na.....
Don't even bother to point it out cos I don't do pant #teamboxer
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by sweetgala(m): 11:39am On Oct 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

Puhahahaha grin....ayaf die

I just laugh when I see these outdated aircrafts.

Well,even if nah for d pilot to dey throw grenade from up,nah something. grin

That Jet is not outdated in design or potential , however it needs up to date avionics suite, armaments and a modern deployment plan.

An overhaul maybe and we need more of them, at least 50 - 80 aircraft.

2 Likes

Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 10, 2014
uplawal:
Did you work for al-jazeera or bbc or cnn or premuim times if not ur opinion is not valued here
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 10, 2014
LordMecuzy:

Boss u mean USA n these alpha wet dem abandon for museum
Allow him vibrate.
The us don't even use it as trainer
Their F22 just saw its first battle in syria
F35 still work in progress
F/A 18 ,16 still active
F15
Jf thunder offered by pakistan

Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
uplawal:
Ur figures are wrong Even Isil has only 30000 fighters
Bh&Ansaru incluse have a strenght of 9000
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
Nigeria can upgrade its c130 in garage into
Airborne Gun ship. Alias Angel of death
Mounted with Howitzer 105 mm field Gun Vaporize targets at 1200 yards
Backup of 3. 25mm Gulting cannon sprining out 7500 rounds per 60 S

Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by saintjoel(m): 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
Ibnsultan:
Allow him vibrate.
The us don't even use it as trainer
Their F22 just saw its first battle in syria
F35 still work in progress
F/A 18 ,16 still active
F15
Jf thunder offered by pakistan

Mr Ibnsultan,I hope you can hear yourself talking,if they didn't use it has a trainer,are you telling me that the pilots just woke up one day,jumped into the cockpits and started to fly an F22.Please,stop comparing Nigeria to America,can Nigeria afford 150M dollars for a single aircraft,I'm so sure your types will be the first set of people to accuse them of corruption (no offence) and for your info,the F22 has been in existence since 90s and it was also introduced to the airforce in 2005 but like other planes,it also has a long list of crashes,even lockheed stopped producing them around 2011.

"The high cost of the aircraft, a lack of clear air-to-air missions due to delays in Russian and Chinese fighter programs, a ban on exports, and development of the more versatile and lower cost F-35 led to the end of F-22 production.[N 1] A final procurement tally of 187 operational production aircraft was established in 2009 and the last F-22 was delivered to the USAF in 2012."

Role-Stealth air superiority fighter
National originUnited States
Manufacturer-Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
Boeing Defense, Space & Security
First flight-7 September 1997[1]
Introduction-15 December 2005
StatusIn service
Primary userUnited States Air Force
ProducedF-22: 1996–2011[2]
Number built195 (8 test and 187 operational aircraft)[2][3]
Program costUS$66.7 billion[4]
Unit cost
US$150 million (flyaway cost for FY2009)[5]
Developed fromLockheed YF-22
Developed intoLockheed Martin X-44 MANTA
Lockheed Martin FB-22
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by RebelLeader15(m): 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
Ibnsultan:
will be waiting
Its a pity my brother. There is massive rot but the boys in the field are using the little the have to defend them selves
*we badly need air support unit
* only 1 refurbish c130 is active
*still waiting 2 see the new birds 4 naf
* troops still move in Ford pickups in volatile areas,lack of trust in Abuja by troops
* I still salute the men in the field but more can be done if Abuja is sincere
So we even get Officers on Nairaland, Ok bros, I go deliver your message give Bros Jo-lantern and I know he will talk to the COAS so that our boys/brothers will beat Boko boys to the lowest low.....#seun, copy the post for me....
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by RebelLeader15(m): 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
uplawal:
Another Aisha Bello (NTA presenter) working for terrorist, how you take know? Madam Risi

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by saintjoel(m): 12:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
Ibnsultan:
Nigeria can upgrade its c130 in garage into
Airborne Gun ship. Alias Angel of death
Mounted with Howitzer 105 mm field Gun Vaporize targets at 1200 yards
Backup of 3. 25mm Gulting cannon sprining out 7500 rounds per 60 S

Sir,only 47 have been built by U.S and it's been in existence since 1960s,the cheapest C130 will cost 132.5M dollars and unllike the NAF C130 that has been configured with airframes to carry troops and equipment,this have special airframes and even America is the sole user of this aircraft and it's not as if I've been trying to rubbish your posts but tell me one African country that can afford this aircrafts or modify an existing on at 132.4M dollars.

RoleFixed-wing Ground-attack and close air support gunship
ManufacturerLockheed and Boeing
First flightAC-130A: 1966
IntroductionAC-130A: 1968
RetiredAC-130A: 1995
StatusIn service
Number built47 (in all variants)
Unit cost
AC-130H: US$132.4 million
AC-130U: US$190 million (2002)
Developed fromLockheed C-130 Hercules
The Lockheed AC-130 gunship is a heavily armed ground-attack aircraft variant of the C-130 Hercules transport plane. The basic airframe is manufactured by Lockheed, while Boeing is responsible for the conversion into a gunship and for aircraft support.[1] The AC-130A Gunship II superseded the AC-47 Gunship I during the Vietnam War.

The gunship's sole user is the United States Air Force, which uses AC-130H Spectre, AC-130U Spooky, AC-130J Ghostrider, and AC-130W Stinger II[2] variants for close air support, air interdiction and force protection.
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
saintjoel:

Sir,only 47 have been built by U.S and it's been in existence since 1960s,the cheapest C130 will cost 132.5M dollars and unllike the NAF C130 that has been configured with airframes to carry troops and equipment,this have special airframes and even America is the sole user of this aircraft and it's not as if I've been trying to rubbish your posts but tell me one African country that can afford this aircrafts or modify an existing on at 132.4M dollars.

RoleFixed-wing Ground-attack and close air support gunship
ManufacturerLockheed and Boeing
First flightAC-130A: 1966
IntroductionAC-130A: 1968
RetiredAC-130A: 1995
StatusIn service
Number built47 (in all variants)
Unit cost
AC-130H: US$132.4 million
AC-130U: US$190 million (2002)
Developed fromLockheed C-130 Hercules
The Lockheed AC-130 gunship is a heavily armed ground-attack aircraft variant of the C-130 Hercules transport plane. The basic airframe is manufactured by Lockheed, while Boeing is responsible for the conversion into a gunship and for aircraft support.[1] The AC-130A Gunship II superseded the AC-47 Gunship I during the Vietnam War.

The gunship's sole user is the United States Air Force, which uses AC-130H Spectre, AC-130U Spooky, AC-130J Ghostrider, and AC-130W Stinger II[2] variants for close air support, air interdiction and force protection.
It doesn't mean because No has it. We can't
I just want the best For Troops.
God bless NA
God bless Nig
Braka da Friday
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by pdrefurb: 12:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
This explains why that pilot was shot dwn coz d figther jet is damm 2 small we need more and advance figther jets not dis dodo type of plane anyways kudo boys and -̶̯͡»̶̥✽̸̨̨̤̥̈̊͡ᵐ̲ʸ̲ heart goz out 2 d brave airforce fightert rest in peace
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by RebelLeader15(m): 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
diperdee:
I pity this my country call Nigeria,am here base in asia:philippines,Look at the nigeria jet fighter Like china made toy,.when ordinary countries in asia were aquiring F-16 and others,this thieves generals in the army with their civilian colleagues will award themselves the contract and buy outdated furnished not even 2nd hand ,i will call it 10th hand , 2nd world war fighter jet,oh i really pity myself and the whole Nigerians tax payers.
Bros, for where Philippines dey, Somalia get level....#Seun, copy the post and suspend this guy for 10 straight years #Shikena, If the guy appeal, Add another 10 straight years join.

Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Hanibal(m): 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

Guy shut d f*ck up....even if a 1970s model aircraft gets upgraded, so u feel its the ones naija has acquired since 1980s that would be upgraded?....as if aircrafts get OTA updates like android OS. grin

US has been striking ISIL with F15 strike eagles, apache helicopters and AC130 gunships for months,yet we haven't heard of 1 crash. Naija attempted to do dsame with boko for just 2 days and a plane went missing. I bet that's ur proof that the planes are upgraded to modern standards. undecided
the f15 has been in service since since 1976 so I guess it should be outdated too by your standards. I guess u live on planet mass if not u shud kno dat Nigeria has been carrying out airstrikes on boko targets since 2009 dats five years and not "two days" and no fighter jet in d world is crash/missile proof. none exists. By d way I wonder what people like you gain from bad mouthing our armed forces. And yes fighter jets have upgrades... the radar system... the pilot vision on targets.... ejection systems communications systems... weapon payloads all these get upgraded because they ave softwares... so compare it to android OS if you like.
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
Frankenstein:
We need drones! Top-notch drones with powerful missiles that can conduct surgical strikes against the terrorists.
Lolz. dude, u got me laughing. quit hyping drones. they're just remote-controlled aircraft and they're much more prone to causing collateral damage than manned fighter jets. go and read up about the on-going US drone strikes in Afghanistan
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by killercute16(m): 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2014
cirmuell:
slowpoke, how sure are you that this is what's being used? And u called an Alpha jet a toy? undecided mtcheew
why answering those slow pokes,they know nothing about the military.
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by ducii: 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hanibal:
the f15 has been in service since since 1976 so I guess it should be outdated too by your standards. I guess u live on planet mass if not u shud kno dat Nigeria has been carrying out airstrikes on boko targets since 2009 dats five years and not "two days" and no fighter jet in d world is crash/missile proof. none exists. By d way I wonder what people like you gain from bad mouthing our armed forces. And yes fighter jets have upgrades... the radar system... the pilot vision on targets.... ejection systems communications systems... weapon payloads all these get upgraded because they ave softwares... so compare it to android OS if you like.

Thank you, tell the buffon
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
PapiWata:
To those armchair fighter pilots who are not happy with the aircraft used by the Nigerian military, please report to the Sambisa battle-front with your well-sharpened machete, immediately. We need boots on the ground there NOW, and there is no better warrior than someone with vast experience watching war movies, while cultivating a fat beer-gut in the safety of home.

Machete Brigade AttennnnnnnnnnSHUN. Advance and attack the enemy at will. May God be with you.

i support you on this one
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Heroesworths(m): 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
Keneking:
How many bombs can this toy carry?
Where is the bomb loaded? I can't see any thing in this picture. This one can't even be used to siphon cash. It looks like a parade toy. You simply use a remote or joystick to manipulate its movement above the terra firma grin

what a critics you are... let me leave u sha
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
But it is foolish to think they are 5,000,they are more than that.[quote author=RebelLeader15 post=27023025]Another Aisha Bello (NTA presenter) working for terrorist, how you take know?
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
strategy,i know you better
daresma93:

Did you work for al-jazeera or bbc or cnn or premuim times if not ur opinion is not valued here
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by LilPeezy(m): 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
daresma93:

Don't even bother to point it out cos I don't do pant #teamboxer
Lolz!!!!!
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by enomakos(m): 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
Ibnsultan:
Ur figures are wrong Even Isil has only 30000 fighters
Bh&Ansaru incluse have a strenght of 9000

how did you know?
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
enomakos:

how did you know?
I would love to tell u. But am not authorize.
Source is classified. Bh has lots of offshoot. Groups like Ansaru,yusuffiya with different modus operandi. Each contributing 000's of fighters to the Umbrella Group BH
Hundreds of Foreign fighters from Niger,Chad,cameroun,sudan,libya,car making up the ranks
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by overhypedsteve(m): 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
Ibnsultan:
sure but the will need jets for fast fire support to troops in combats. We could still modify some of our abandoned c130 in ilorin(last time I saw them) to carry heavy MG
Mrn
yea, then we can now call them AC130 like the US did to theirs ATTACK and CARGO aircraft
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by enomakos(m): 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
[quote
author=PerfectlyPerfect post=27024008]
Lolz. dude, u got me laughing. quit hyping drones. they're just
remote-controlled aircraft and they're much more prone to causing
collateral damage than manned fighter jets. go and read up about the
on-going US drone strikes in Afghanistan [/quote]

who care about collateral damage?

just level everything in sight
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
overhypedsteve:
yea, then we can now call them AC130 like the US did to theirs ATTACK and CARGO aircraft
Our oil should serve as leverage in getting folks release modern weaponry to us
Re: UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
enomakos:

who care about collateral damage?

just level everything in sight
Nigeria shouldn't go for arm drone now. But cheap realible survaillance drones from
China
Iran would help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Biafra Rally Took Place In Finland In Simon Ekpa house But He Was Hiding -IPOB / Wike Orders Permanent Secretaries To ‘Bow’ Before Tinubu (Video) / Iara And Oshiomhole, Otedola, Dangote At DJ Cuppy’s Lagos Gig (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.