Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once (4869 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Pictures Of A Woman That Gave Birth On The Road / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once by crackhaus: 11:28am On Oct 10, 2014
parrotibaba:
dats d problem, we r scattered across d country n abroad n only during d Christmas period do we come together in one place =The village.., now what stops her from coming back? n more over my grams went dia 4yrs ago n she was treated like sh*t dia,she had to leave...
Normally in situations like this, 'a wise woman' will visit her husband's hometown at least once a year if she lives in the country.
It could be during a family event (wedding, burial, Christmas, etc).. doing this will only show that she still has some regard for her husband's people regardless of what she thinks/suspects about them.

But seeing that she refuses to step foot on it, there's nothing you or anyone can 'physically' do about it especially if her husband is okay with it.
However, staying away will only cause more problems for her and even if her suspicions are totally false, this single act of disregard on her part will make her the center of attacks from her husband's people...she will be seen as the bad wife and her gist will be on everyone's lips.
Like I said before, a wise woman would know how to handle this situation without giving 'your people' more reasons to gossip her wink

NB: I put 'physically' in bold for a reason, just in case there are members of your family who are indeed diabolical grin

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once by parrotibaba(m): 4:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
crackhaus:

Normally in situations like this, 'a wise woman' will visit her husband's hometown at least once a year if she lives in the country.
It could be during a family event (wedding, burial, Christmas, etc).. doing this will only show that she still has some regard for her husband's people regardless of what she thinks/suspects about them.

But seeing that she refuses to step foot on it, there's nothing you or anyone can 'physically' do about it especially if her husband is okay with it.
However, staying away will only cause more problems for her and even if her suspicions are totally false, this single act of disregard on her part will make her the center of attacks from her husband's people...she will be seen as the bad wife and her gist will be on everyone's lips.
Like I said before, a wise woman would know how to handle this situation without giving 'your people' more reasons to gossip her wink

NB: I put 'physically' in bold for a reason, just in case there are members of your family who are indeed diabolical grin
I totally understand u but we don't do juju ...besides we just want to talk things over dats all
Re: Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once by Godmystrength: 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
parrotibaba:
I totally understand u but we don't do juju ...besides we just want to talk things over dats all
Since you keep insisting that there is no wrong done to either parties, what things do you guys have to talk over??

but lemme ask o. is it that she has never been there at all or she has been there before but refuse to go there anymore??
per the bolded, you can only speak for yourself. i.e. 'i don't do juju''. Not saying anyone of your family member is juju inclined o
Re: Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once by parrotibaba(m): 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
Godmystrength:
Since you keep insisting that there is no wrong done to either parties, what things do you guys have to talk over??

but lemme ask o. is it that she has never been there at all or she has been there before but refuse to go there anymore??
per the bolded, you can only speak for yourself. i.e. 'i don't do juju''. Not saying anyone of your family member is juju inclined o
of course she use to come dia until she got married
Re: Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2014
@parrotibaba, are you a party to the contract of marriage between them?
Re: Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once by eminikansoso(m): 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
One man need is another man poison. Before I married to ekwulobia lady in Anambra state, I rarely visit my town in Oro in kwara state. But since after our marriage it is both Eld kabir and December despite that we live in Asaba Delta state.
Re: Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once by parrotibaba(m): 7:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
Driven:
@parrotibaba, are you a party to the contract of marriage between them?
what has dia marriage got to do with d thread?
Re: Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
parrotibaba:
I totally understand u but we don't do juju ...[b]besides we just want to talk things over dats al[/b]l
But you said there are no issues, 'the things' must be stronger than her for you not to be able to talk it at hers. With only your desparation not to talk of the others, me wey no know you no go come that your village, not to talk of her wey know every...Op go and seat down till you and your peeps are willing to deal fairly with her. She is not the fool you'll like to call her.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once by parrotibaba(m): 8:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
Floodgater:
But you said there are no issues, 'the things' must be stronger than her for you not to be able to talk it at hers. With only your desparation not to talk of the others, me wey no know you no go come that your village, not to talk of her wey know every...Op go and seat down till you and your peeps are willing to deal fairly with her. She is not the fool you'll like to call her.
what part of "we just want to talk things over" is hard for u to demystify? we don't know what her problems with us are,simple! but as a family its wrong to leave it dat way so we r ready to talk "things" over which clearly means dat we r ready to hear what she has to say n r willing to resolve dis situation... what is hard dia to understand eh?
Re: Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once by Rosarie(f): 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
i fall in dis category o.nov 9 and 10 will mqke it two yrs of marriage wit a kid.all his pple re in benin and dey ran from village wen deir uncle wos tormenting dem wit jazz as deir dad died.we re bth esan.evn ma own i ve been tre 2x.last time i wos in mine i wos 8.am 25 now.i dnt regrt not going to mine but nw tinking of ma huubys own
Re: Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
parrotibaba:
what part of "we just want to talk things over" is hard for u to demystify? we don't know what her problems with us are,simple! but as a family its wrong to leave it dat way so we r ready to talk "things" over which clearly means dat we r ready to hear what she has to say n r willing to resolve dis situation... what is hard dia to understand eh?
But you can see that she is not traditional enough to know that 'things' are only resolved in traditional settings. Pardon my opinion, even the woman in question did not understand either.
Re: Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
Since she didnt give the valid reason for not visiting his village, what is the valid reason for her going there in the first place?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Hold Items For Sale / To My Dear Ladies: A Must Read. / Am So Tired I Want To Leave My Marriage What Should I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.