Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,347 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Please Advise: Running A Barber Shop And Internet Cafe In a Hostile Environment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Advise: Running A Barber Shop And Internet Cafe In a Hostile Environment (1928 Views)

Information About Cyber Cafe In Lagos Or Ibadan / Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria / How To Start An Internet Cafe In A Village? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise: Running A Barber Shop And Internet Cafe In a Hostile Environment by Lifeis247: 8:28am On Nov 11, 2008
Hi all,
Just got and paid for a very wide shop,  what i intend to do is a Barbing saloon, Cafe and IT services. unfortunatelly, after a week of opening the saloon wing, the ppl in the area gave me a hint that the area is not quite safe as atempts have been made in the past to break the walls of the other shops in the area by ''thieves/area boys''.  now am woried about the safety of the Cafe investment.

I am in need of advise in this regard, i spent a lot of my hard earned money in putting the shop to taste.
Re: Please Advise: Running A Barber Shop And Internet Cafe In a Hostile Environment by lucabrasi(m): 1:31am On Nov 12, 2008
the best thing to do is to roll with the punches, ill suggest you look out for the boys who run things in the area and make friends with them,buy them drinks on a regular that kind of thing and they ll let you be, they ll break into your shop or even destroy your stuffs if they think you r unapproachable or stuck up e.t.c
Re: Please Advise: Running A Barber Shop And Internet Cafe In a Hostile Environment by esolutions: 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2008
Hello, thanks for your quality response to the topic in question. I advise that the guy does exactly what you have said. It will save him and his business.

Paul.
Re: Please Advise: Running A Barber Shop And Internet Cafe In a Hostile Environment by ShinaBN(m): 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2008
Hello friend, you have done a great things to start a business of your own, my advice to you is get closer to GOD because with him all things are possible, and fear not! success is yours,

Shina.
Basic Network
Re: Please Advise: Running A Barber Shop And Internet Cafe In a Hostile Environment by naijacutee(f): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2008
I agree with Lucabrasi. Make friends with the troublesome people in the area, to show them that you identify with them - and atry and solve the problem before it arises. However, still invest in tough security for your shop i.e burglary proof metal doors, iron shutters, double padlocks etc. Just so that even they don't get "tempted" when you're not around. For your valuables e.g TV's, CPU's etc, invest in ways to secure them to the ground. . . I have seen a few iron frames designed to secure valuable store fittings to a wall, or to the ground.

(1) (Reply)

Zenith Mutual Funds / Most Preferred Form Of Money Transfer From Nigeria To Europe? / Organo Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.