Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,739 members, 7,806,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako (31626 Views)

Amaechi At National Assembly For Budget Defence Today - Photos / Amaechi Arrives National Assembly For Screening This Morning (Photo) / ‎Court Stops Adamawa Assembly From Impeaching Nyako (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by ammanison(m): 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
The newly-instated governor of Adamawa state, Bala Ngilari, has praised state lawmakers for impeaching his former boss, ex-Governor Murtala Nyako, eventually paving the way for him to be governor.

Mr. Ngilari said Thursday that the legislators were merely doing their work.

Mr. Ngilari’s comments came a day after a court ordered that he be sworn in as governor to replace Umar Fintiri, who was the acting governor.

Mr. Fintiri took charge after Mr. Nyako’s ouster in July.

The new governor, Mr. Ngilari, was the deputy under Mr. Nyako. He was also booted out of office until the court order Wednesday.

Messrs Nyako and Ngilari remained close although they belonged to different political parties.
In his reaction to the court ruling Wednesday, Mr. Nyako congratulated his former deputy and said he believed the court would eventually reinstate him as governor of the northeast state.

But as he officially took charge Thursday, with a visit to the state office of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Mr. Ngilari expressed gratitude to members of the State House of Assembly for performing their “legislative duties” by removing his former boss from office.

The governor said he found no fault in the removal of Mr. Nyako from office because the lawmakers were simply doing their duties.

“Let me take this opportunity to thank most especially the Adamawa House of Assembly who performed their legislative duties that led to the removal of my former boss and by the divine arrangement of God, I am the new governor of Adamawa state,” he said.

“I pray that those I offended should forgive me and I also forgive those who offended me. Therefore we must now work together as a family, l can’t claim to be an island and I need your advice to forge the state ahead,” he said.

In his reaction, the state PDP chairman, Joel Madaki, said he was not favourably disposed to Mr. Ngilari before now, but said when God says yes, no one can say no.

He said the governor’s emergence was an act of God.

He said the state PDP must abide by every bit of the constitution of Nigeria as it has now confirmed Mr. Ngilari as the governor of Adamawa state.

“This is your house, PDP is one party but uses different baton to execute their duties. The leadership of the PDP is fully on ground for you. Talk to us,” he said.

Responding on behalf the state assembly members, Salisu Kabilo, representing Verre state Constituency, noted that the lawmakers will be loyal to the new governor and also called on the people of the state to support the new administration

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/169265-new-adamawa-governor-ngilari-hails-lawmakers-for-impeaching-ex-boss-nyako.html

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by PerfectFortune: 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
Cunning man kill am, cunning man bury am

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by depato88(m): 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
Naija politics. av com to believe dat in naija politics no true friends. only permanent interest.........evn the person claiming to be loyal to you secretly n joyfuly want ur position.....jus Bleep up make u see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by Niwdog(m): 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
Politics is a game.if you play your card well,you win.if you don't,you loose.former deputy thanking the house for sacking his oga for him

14 Likes

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by atlwireles: 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by stinggy(m): 11:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
Shameless mofo, isn't it too early to start making enemies?

27 Likes

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by PaulJohn1: 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
stinggy:
Shameless mofo, isn't is too early to start making enemies?

I thought as much.

18 Likes

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by Babyboy1986(m): 11:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by pgidex(f): 11:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
Politricks
Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by Francis5: 11:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
First time a Christian is ruling Adamawa?

22 Likes

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 09, 2014
pgidex:
Politricks
Thaz the qame for yu ooh grin
Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by SeverusSnape(m): 11:24pm On Oct 09, 2014
After Nyako has finished congratulating him. politics ehn...

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by tplustee(m): 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
E nor concern moi
Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by lilprinze: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
he just resumed office instead of the fool to think of how he would develop and transform the state positively he is foolishly making more enemies for him self.

14 Likes

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by Ichel: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
This plot is not for sale.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by Panshow(m): 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
grin PDP dey take Ribadu play angry birds.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by maestroferddi: 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
This man must be very calculating.

He made his move at the nick of time and scrambled all permutations.

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by EdCure: 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
They were doing their "legislative duties" and you no longer care how they did it whether constitutionally or transparent enough as long as it served your selfish interest.

PDP is oversupplied with opportunistic men of questionable character, betrayers and do-or-die rascals.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
This politicians keep dragging the development Adamawa people so needed behind.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by badmrkt(m): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
Case of a "boy" becoming oga,while "oga" becomes the "boy". I love nature and karma already...

5 Likes

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
An extremely stup.id statement.

15 Likes

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by HAH: 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
The house of assembly should impeach him too ,

On the other hand I smell Ngilaris ascension was designed from Abuja, by making him resign and addressing it to the speaker, knowing fully well that is illegal, those that designed it know that his resignation will be overturned the courts, the ultimate objective is to have a christian as governor in Adamawa.

The house of assembly who are muslim majority were fooled by those who wanted Ngilari to take over. And they succeeded.

Another dilemma in the offing is the fact that Ngilari and Fintiri the speaker are both from Madagali LGA, which means Fintiri may go if Ngilari remains Governor.

Adamawa is a battle ground state for PDP and APC and you cannot downplay the religion factor. In the election.

Another factor is both candidates of the PDP and APC in the botched bye election are muslim which means a muslim will be the governor but they were all ambushed by Ngillari and his sponsors

23 Likes

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by Bryan12(m): 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
That guy above me needs to see a doc,his 2gb brain has finally crashed cry

23 Likes

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by maestroferddi: 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
Francis5:
Were you in creche when Boni Haruna (a Christian) was governor?

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by Help4rmme2u(m): 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by lonelydora: 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
Before nko?
Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by Dannyset(m): 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
Betrayal
Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by nigerianvenom(m): 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
I'm disappointed by such comment

1 Like

Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by Samneer: 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
Wait!
I don hear
I dey come
Re: Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
Francis5:

Jonathanian, is Boni Haruna a traditionalist?

27 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

One Of The Gunmen Captured After The Kano Bomb Blast Begged For His Life / Oludamilola Osinbajo And Oluwaseun Bakare Pose With Their Parents & Buhari, Wife / Gunmen Kill Jarule Likita Benue Guards Commander, 3 Colleagues (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.