Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... (2678 Views)

Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding / Wyclef Jean Shot In Hand In Haiti / Raw Footage: Devastation After Earthquake In Haiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 3:00am On Oct 10, 2014
Assuming most that most of you know....if not look up the poverty crisis there..... Any ideas on how to improve the conditions there
What r the causes of the mass abject poverty??

All respectful and tolerant thoughts r welcome....
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by Nobody: 3:03am On Oct 10, 2014
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 3:06am On Oct 10, 2014
BadBoy25:
mass sterilizations .

Sad to think about the situation is dire....lol cheesy
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by bigfrancis21: 3:10am On Oct 10, 2014
fightforchange1:
Assuming most that most of you know....if not look up the poverty crisis there..... Any ideas on how to improve the conditions there
What r the causes of the mass abject poverty??

All respectful and tolerant thoughts r welcome....

In as much as I hate to admit this, it basically has to do with the orientation of the black man's brain. I'm black and I'm sad to have to admit this. There's a thousand and one things that we black people can do to uplift our nations out of poverty but we black people collectively just can't seem to get a grip of it. It runs in the mentality of many a black man that they can't achieve unimaginable heights as they have told, simply because they are black, and hence they live all through life attached to such mentality.

In hindsight, I realize that it is all about the mindset of the black man.
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 3:11am On Oct 10, 2014
BadBoy25:
mass sterilizations .

Majority of them (90%) do not have the means! cheesy
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 3:15am On Oct 10, 2014
[quote author=bigfrancis21 post=27013458]

In as much as I hate to admit this, it basically has to do with the orientation of the black man's brain. I'm black and I'm sad to have to admit this. There's a thousand and one things that we black people can do to uplift our nations out of poverty but we black people collectively just can't seem to get a grip of it. It runs in the mentality of many a black man that they can't achieve unimaginable heights as they have told, simply because they are black, and hence they live all through life attached to such mentality.

I am haunted by that stuff I read....
Have you heard about it...
If so what havhttps://m.facebook.com/sharer.php?fs=0&sid=713306385405687&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6068373711994052681%3Amf_story_key.-618936957655875106
What have u read about it cheesy
What is your take on it...
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 4:24am On Oct 10, 2014
50% of women have been raped in the Haitian slums...
Gangs form and attack women daily....
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 4:26am On Oct 10, 2014
The judicial system minimizes those attacks like they're minor grievances...
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 4:26am On Oct 10, 2014
fightforchange1:
50% of women have been raped in the Haitian slums...
Gangs form and attack women daily....
despoil. actually!! sad
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by ibedun: 4:30am On Oct 10, 2014
Our women play a major part in our poverty. Their mindless have 5, 6 children at all cost while having no economic means is a big problem. And of course the foolish black man think manlines is derived from the size of his dick. Pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 4:32am On Oct 10, 2014
90% of them live in shantytown can't read, and don't have adequate sanitation...
I.e. toilets, water, electrity.
They cannot lead normal lives...and don't know or understand the things going on around them!!!
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 4:33am On Oct 10, 2014
ibedun:
Our women play a major part in our poverty. Their mindless have 5, 6 children at all cost while having no economic means is a big problem. And of course the foolish black man think manlines is derived from the size of his dick. Pathetic!
No sex education or at all..
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 5:51am On Oct 10, 2014
Some of the teachers are not educated enough to teach some of them of them r educated to the about.the ninth grade....
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 6:49am On Oct 10, 2014
The american gives 400 million$ in foreign aid annually.
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by SPOPOVICH: 7:08am On Oct 10, 2014
lol what a shithole, the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, As someone has already mentioned, mass sterilization is needed.

Haiti would've been better if they hadn't genocided their slave master, but instead mixed with them to improve their genepool. One has to just compare this fully negro population with their mixed neighbors.
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
SPOPOVICH:
lol what a shithole, the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, As someone has already mentioned, mass sterilization is needed.

Haiti would've been better if they hadn't genocided their slave master, but instead mixed with them to improve their genepool. One has to just compare this fully negro population with their mixed neighbors.

Yea....the things those folks deal with is unspeakable
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by casualobserver1: 5:49am On Oct 19, 2014
fightforchange1:

Yea....the things those folks deal with is unspeakable

I fear you ooo. See you agreeing with a racist. Chai. If you really need to know, the poverty in Haiti is a result of American and French meddling in that country. When the Haitians declared independence the French mobilized warships and blockaded the nation until they agreed to paying the equivalent of billions of dollars to buy their freedom. In essence, the French forced the Haitians to buy themselves out of slavery.

Since then, the meddling has been non-stop. The US didn't want the slaves to follow the Haitian example so they made sure that the country did not go far. The US invaded the country on several different occasions, installed vicious dictators and when in the 90s the Haitians finally had a democratic election that brought in President Aristide, the US actually removed the man.

The last elections tat led to the election of President Martelly were influenced by the US. Martelly came third in the first round and should not have qualified for the runoff, but after the Americans and their friends threatened to cut off aid money the Electoral COmission finally caved and removed Marc Bazin from the ballot. Haiti is still suffering the effects of that decision today.

Seriously, don't think we Africans have a problem. We simply have too many enemies making sure we never rise up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 7:07am On Oct 19, 2014
casualobserver1:

I fear you ooo. See you agreeing with a racist. Chai. If you really need to know, the poverty in Haiti is a result of American and French meddling in that country. When the Haitians declared independence the French mobilized warships and blockaded the nation until they agreed to paying the equivalent of billions of dollars to buy their freedom. In essence, the French forced the Haitians to buy themselves out of slavery.

Since then, the meddling has been non-stop. The US didn't want the slaves to follow the Haitian example so they made sure that the country did not go far. The US invaded the country on several different occasions, installed vicious dictators and when in the 90s the Haitians finally had a democratic election that brought in President Aristide, the US actually removed the man.

The last elections tat led to the election of President Martelly were influenced by the US. Martelly came third in the first round and should not have qualified for the runoff, but after the Americans and their friends threatened to cut off aid money the Electoral COmission finally caved and removed Marc Bazin from the ballot. Haiti is still suffering the effects of that decision today.

Seriously, don't think we Africans have a problem. We simply have too many enemies making sure we never rise up.

I don't agree with that ish...that that guy said...about the black gene pool...
But I did agree that those people should stop having babies. A lot or their natural resources are going to the US and Europe....the agriculture..
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by newguy1(m): 7:11am On Oct 19, 2014
I tink it lack of creativty if can call it dat. We blacks so much respet d westerners 2 d extent dat some of us actually think God gave dem more brains. The asians (chinese, korea n co) r making dir mark in dis world because dey r challengin dem selves even competing with d westerners to b better dan dem . Most of dis country r not as blessed as our own in terms of natural resources. Till we start thinkin or been creative on how to maximize our resources n start seein dis people as equal or we inferior to dem, for God sake civilisation started in africa, den i can truely say im proud of been #madeofblack#
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by gtrust: 7:25am On Oct 19, 2014
casualobserver1:

Excellent stuff!!!

Most Africans do not understand what Europe and America have done to that continent called Africa.
They have so badly "ra.ped" it's people and it's resources and have continued to do so!

I think we should rather commend the "black gene" for resisting so far and refusing to go into extinction

The black gene will rise again and today is far better than yesteryears!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by casualobserver1: 8:46am On Oct 19, 2014
gtrust:

Excellent stuff!!!

Most Africans do not understand what Europe and America have done to that continent called Africa.
They have so badly "ra.ped" it's people and it's resources and have continued to do so!

I think we should rather commend the "black gene" for resisting so far and refusing to go into extinction

The black gene will rise again and today is far better than yesteryears!!!

I know it will, but when? There are actual people who believe that these Europeans are blessed by God and that black people are cursed. They really believe it and that is what Bob Marley termed mental slavery. It is so sad to hear it. These Europeans fear us and that is why they do everything to keep us down. From drawing insane borders that we have refused to change to importing ideologies that don't benefit us in the least.

A lot of people don't know that the reason why America and France will never stop torturing Haiti is because they were the first black people to ever overthrow a European colonial power. The Haitian generals defeated the best men that even Napoleon could send to conquer them. The French will never forgive them for that and that is why Haiti is suffering till date. It is so sad that today when the internet is there with all the information that humanity has ever gathered out people still don't access this information. Yet we all know about the latest gist that bloggers are carrying. It is so disheartening.

As for population, Haiti is not overpopulated. It simply has an uneven population density. If enough food for 10 people is delivered to a house with 10 people inside every single day and the food does not go round because on man is eating the share of 6 people will anybody say that that place is overpopulated? Of course not. That is the problem with Haiti. For those who don't know, Haiti is the perfect example of a neocolonial state. The economy serves as a reservoir of cheap labor for the Americans, Canadians and French. The people are exploited by s*x tourists and are paid a pittance for work. The country is not allowed to formulate economic policies that benefit the people- only those that benefit the foreigners that own the place and the supervisors that they appoint.

The Haitians are enslaved and the fact that they have not resorted to mass suicide shows how tough they are. For those that don't know, the Spanish were the first Europeans to discover the island of Hispaniola *now Haiti and the Dominican Republic). After a few decades of oppression, the people that originally lived there DIED OUT TOTALLY. They went extinct like the dodo because the oppression was too much. Yet the Africans that are there survived and are still surviving after centuries of brutality and oppression. I respect the Haitians till tomorrow because they are tough. If Nigeria was doing its job we should have Nigerian soldiers and economic advisers there helping those guys out as at now. A lot of people don't know that many of the Haitian slaves were taken from Nigeria. They are our brothers and sisters and we have abandoned them. It is so sad.

3 Likes

Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by ChimaAdeoye: 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
Haiti needs help to modernize its agriculture.
Sugarcane plantations, Rice fields must be revived again to create foreign exchange for essential commodities as medicines and other goods.

Haiti deserves help if we can give it.

2 Likes

Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by casualobserver1: 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:
Haiti needs help to modernize its agriculture.
Sugarcane plantations, Rice fields must be revived again to create foreign exchange for essential commodities as medicines and other goods.

Haiti deserves help if we can give it.

This is so true, but even without modernization the enforced dumping of American-grown produce is what is causing the Haitian agricultural sector to stagnate. Even Haiti's pigs which were very well suited to the environment were wiped out under American pressure in order to allow for American pigs to be shipped.

The US has forced them to reduce tarrifs around agricultural production making it impossible for the Haitian farmers to compete in the marketplace. This in turn forces rural-urban migration, which in turn causes overcrowding in the slums and the associated problems.

The US and their buddies want to reduce Haiti to a total banana republic which exports mangoes and refugees. Bill Clinton is leading the charge.

1 Like

Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by OreMI22: 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
casualobserver1:

This is so true, but even without modernization the enforced dumping of American-grown produce is what is causing the Haitian agricultural sector to stagnate. Even Haiti's pigs which were very well suited to the environment were wiped out under American pressure in order to allow for American pigs to be shipped.

The US has forced them to reduce tarrifs around agricultural production making it impossible for the Haitian farmers to compete in the marketplace. This in turn forces rural-urban migration, which in turn causes overcrowding in the slums and the associated problems.

The US and their buddies want to reduce Haiti to a total banana republic which exports mangoes and refugees. Bill Clinton is leading the charge.

[size=18pt]RACISM is Haiti's problem.
Haiti is 100% black in a hemisphere that hates negroes.
However,i don't particularly pity blacks in the western hemisphere because they are the worst haters of anything black or African.

I can only advise Haiti to beg Venezuela, Cuba, Jamaica, Trinidad, Guyana, Mexico and others to have a special trade relationship where they can buy some Haitian made goods and agricultural products.Haiti should plant more mangoes, oranges,spinnach and papaya to export fresh fruits & vegetables to these countries. While rice produced in Haiti should be banned from export to mitigate food scarcity.Total dependence on USA and France is a dangerous policy for Haiti.

Having said that, Seun please transfer this thread to travel section.[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
You guys r awesome n smart n have great ideas.
Thanks...
God Bless Haiti.
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by fightforchange1(f): 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
OreMI22:

However,i don't particularly pity blacks in the western hemisphere because they are the worst haters of anything black or African.

I can only advise Haiti to beg Venezuela, Cuba, Jamaica, Trinidad, Guyana, Mexico and others to have a special trade relationship where they can buy some Haitian made goods and agricultural products.Haiti should plant more mangoes, oranges,spinnach and papaya to export fresh fruits & vegetables to these countries. While rice produced in Haiti should be banned from export to mitigate food scarcity.Total dependence on USA and France is a dangerous policy for Haiti.

Dependence on US y is DAT dangerous..
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by OreMI22: 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
fightforchange1:

Even dependence on Jamaica is dangerous talkmore USA.

Ghana's electricity is suffering now because it depends on Nigeria for gas. Not that Nigeria intentionally did it. But depending on any country makes you suffer when they have any difficulty in meeting their obligation to help.
USA, does not really have any strategic interest to help Haiti nor Africa. Africa is even more strategic because they have abundance of many minerals that America wants to get. It is very unpopular to help Haiti and many Americans openly oppose it. Therefore if the USA economy falters a bit, the first aid to cut off is the one going to Haiti. Figure?
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by alingo4life: 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hmmmm. The black man,always blaming something or somebody for he,s problem when in actual sense the solution to he,s problem lies with him..Btw,wetin concern me with haiti sef.

1 Like

Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by casualobserver1: 7:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
OreMI22:

Venezuela under Hugo Chavez quietly helped Haiti by entering into a special trade relationship with them. Venezuela was sending fuel and oil while Haiti could pay in installments using agricultural products. Cuba quetly sends doctors and medical personnel to Haiti and provides training for Haitians.

The Haitian's and Caribbean people do not hate Africa and African things, but they are in a tight corner so they just have to pretend in order to survive. Imagine if your sister is kidnapped and told that if she does not call you a bastard, that she will be raped and killed. You can't blame her for whatever she says. These Haitians still practice a slight version of the Old Religion of the Yoruba people.

As for dependence they do not do it by choice. Haiti is an occupied country and nobody has helped them in spite of the help that Haiti has given to countries in the region. A lot of people don't know that Haiti sent soldiers to liberate South America after defeating France. The people in Venezuela, Columbia and Ecuador were liberated under Simon Bolivar, but when things were tough for the great General, it was Haiti that send soldiers and supplies to them. That is why Chavez helped Haiti. over 10% of Venezuela's population is black, same with Columbia.
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by casualobserver1: 7:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
alingo4life:
Hmmmm. The black man,always blaming something or somebody for he,s problem when in actual sense the solution to he,s problem lies with him..Btw,wetin concern me with haiti sef.

My guy. Imagine if armed robbers attack a factory and carry all the things produce away every day. When the factory owner tries to hire security he is jailed by the same police that refuse to investigate and when he tries to scare off the robbers by himself the same police come and jail him. If the factory should collapse, is it the owner that we should blame or the police who frustrated him?

That is what is happening today. Go and see what happened when Haiti elected a nationalist. Can you believe that America sent soldiers into the country, kidnapped the president, put him on a plane and sent him to South Africa. They then told him that if he should come back they will kill him. Can you imagine that? The people of Haiti tried to fix the problems but the attempt was frustrated.
Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by casualobserver1: 8:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
fightforchange1:

Dependence is dangerous because whoever you depend on owns you. Imagine if you depend on me to feed and care for your children and you have no alternative or plan. The day I ask you to deliver your daughter to me at night will be terrible because you will have to choose between selling your daughter's body or condemning your family to starvation. That is a terrible position to be in. This is what a whole country is facing. If the Americans as them to deliver the resources for use anyhow, the Haitians can choose between economic r*pe or starvation. This is why they are suffering.

1 Like

Re: The Poverty Crisis In Haiti... by casualobserver1: 8:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
OreMI22:

Even dependence on Jamaica is dangerous talkmore USA.

Ghana's electricity is suffering now because it depends on Nigeria for gas. Not that Nigeria intentionally did it. But depending on any country makes you suffer when they have any difficulty in meeting their obligation to help.
USA, does not really have any strategic interest to help Haiti nor Africa. Africa is even more strategic because they have abundance of many minerals that America wants to get. It is very unpopular to help Haiti and many Americans openly oppose it. Therefore if the USA economy falters a bit, the first aid to cut off is the one going to Haiti. Figure?

Please help me tell them ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Projects Lagos Stand To Lose By Voting PDP (jimi Agbaje) In Lagos / You Must Obey Traffic Rules, Buhari Orders Security Aides / You Have A Plot Of Land But You Don't Know The Location,is It Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.