Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Pharmacy Vs Computer Science - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacy Vs Computer Science (7815 Views)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / Computer Enginnering Or Computer Science / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 10, 2014
i and my neighbours were arguing about this topic yesterday but it seems they don't have sumtin reasonable to say that's why i shared diz topic, i believe we have intelligent guys and ladies on nairaland, pharmacy or computer science which do u prefer?? Pls give your reasons
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by constance500: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2014
Business administration vs computer science
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 10, 2014
constance500:
Business administration vs computer science

do u wanna be lyk my neighbours??
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
Khalidsarki:
i and my neighbours were arguing about this topic yesterday but it seems they don't have sumtin reasonable to say that's why i shared diz topic, i believe we have intelligent guys and ladies on nairaland, pharmacy or computer science which do u prefer?? Pls give your reasons
If you want to practice in nigeria computer science will serve you better
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
alentyno:

If you want to practice in nigeria computer science will serve you better
pls wat are ur reasons?? Buh i heard computer science is cruel course and it employment rate is low . .is dat true??
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 5:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
Khalidsarki:
pls wat are ur reasons?? Buh i heard computer science is cruel course and it employment rate is low . .is dat true??
Both are cruel courses. As for the employment all you need is a nice grade + computer science has more opportunities but you need to find out on your own which one suits you.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
alentyno:

Both are cruel courses. As for the employment all you need is a nice grade + computer science has more opportunities but you need to find out on your own which one suits you.
wat abt the practice?? Wat do u mean by, IF YOU WANT TO PRACTICE IN NIGERIA
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
Khalidsarki:
wat abt the practice?? Wat do u mean by, IF YOU WANT TO PRACTICE IN NIGERIA
That's if you want to work and live in nigeria when you graduate. But hold on first...... What subjects are you good in
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
alentyno:

That's if you want to work and live in nigeria when you graduate. But hold on first...... What subjects are you good in
i undastnd biology, chemistry, maths and physics. Buh i enjoy maths and physics.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
Khalidsarki:
i undastnd biology, chemistry, maths and physics. Buh i enjoy maths and physics.
Simple. I had like you to go for comp science with what you just said. But then what made you to consider pharmacy?
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
alentyno:

Simple. I had like you to go for comp science with what you just said. But then what made you to consider pharmacy?
menh my dad wan kil me..he keeps tellin me that everybody know computer bla bla bla even my mum too.they jush wan me too study pharmacy which they say is very lucrative. . . You see there is wat we call passion and love dat's wah i hav for computer. .i enjoy it every seconds.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
alentyno:

menh my dad wan kil me..he keeps tellin me that everybody know computer bla bla bla even my mum too.they jush wan me too study pharmacy which they say is very lucrative. . . You see there is wat we call passion and love dat's wah i hav for computer. .i enjoy computing
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2014
Khalidsarki:
menh my dad wan kil me..he keeps tellin me that everybody know computer bla bla bla even my mum too.they jush wan me too study pharmacy which they say is very lucrative. . . You see there is wat we call passion and love dat's wah i hav for computer. .i enjoy it every seconds.
You better do what you love else you may end up regretting it.

But don't confuse comp science with just computer. You must be very good in math and further math to succeed in computer science.

And if you want to make things easier for yourself, do all you can to make nothing less than 2nd class upper

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
alentyno:

You better do what you love else you may end up regretting it.

But don't confuse comp science with just computer. You must be very good in math and further math to succeed in computer science.

And if you want to make things easier for yourself, do all you can to make nothing less than 2nd class upper
okay thanks for the advice sir......i wil stick to my choice
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2014
Khalidsarki:
okay thanks for the advice sir......i wil stick to my choice
You welcome but I am not sir ooo cheesy although I have knowledge of stuffs like this, I am still a student in the university.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by sogodihno: 6:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
alentyno:

Computer science has more opportunity than pharmacy?
Am sure u are joking. Av u seen an unemployed pharmacist before? Pharmacy is an all encompassing course u can work in hospital, Open a community pharmacist, work in industries,lecture in universities, Drug distribution and regulation. If u are not sure or u dont know something dont say it, u myt b misleading people.
@Op follow ur heart
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
sogodihno:

Yes
A computer scientist can work in banks, hospitals, Open a mini-tech company, work in Oil and gas industries,lecture in universities, can work in telecoms industries, consulting firms like accenture etc infact no multinational company in nigeria can do with a computer scientist but some if not most can do without a pharmacist. The only ones that can't do without pharmacists are the ones into health care e.g gsk

Am sure u are joking. Av u seen an unemployed pharmacist before?
This is one of the most deceptive question in nigeria right now. Asking this question is like asking 'how many computer graduates with a CGPA of 4.0 and above have you seen unemployed?' I am sure that is what the OP's parents are looking at.

Pharmacists are hardly unemployed because: 1.fewer people study it. Nearly all nigerian universities offer computer science but less than 15 universities offer pharmacy
2. It is not so lucrative. People are merely deceived by the cars driven by sales rep
3. For you to be able to graduate as a pharmacy student, your CGPA will hardly be below 3.5 due to how the program is structured

The unemployed computer scientists you see are mostly those with poor grades (most 2.2s, 3rd class and pass)

If u are not sure or u dont know something dont say it, u myt b misleading people.
I am as sure as hell.

@Op follow ur heart
His heart is actually with computer science

And OP if you really want to study computer science, you need to be really focused in school and aim for 1st class even if you don't get it you may end up sitting above 4.0 CGPA. You will thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by adeoladrg(m): 7:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
Who TF is this alentyno guy?
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
adeoladrg:
Who TF is this alentyno guy?
A polymath.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by sogodihno: 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
alentyno:

Yes
A computer scientist can work in banks, hospitals, Open a mini-tech company, work in Oil and gas industries,lecture in universities, can work in telecoms industries, consulting firms like accenture etc infact no multinational company in nigeria can do with a computer scientist but some if not most can do without a pharmacist. The only ones that can't do without pharmacists are the ones into health care e.g gsk

This is one of the most deceptive question in nigeria right now. Asking this question is like asking 'how many computer graduates with a CGPA of 4.0 and above have you seen unemployed?' I am sure that is what the OP's parents are looking at.

Pharmacists are hardly unemployed because: 1.fewer people study it. Nearly all nigerian universities offer computer science but less than 15 universities offer pharmacy
2. It is not so lucrative. People are merely deceived by the cars driven by sales rep
3. For you to be able to graduate as a pharmacy student, your CGPA will hardly be below 3.5 due to how the program is structured

The unemployed computer scientists you see are mostly those with poor grades (most 2.2s, 3rd class and pass)

If pharmacy is not so lucrative,what course is lucrative den? As a pharmacist u are a boss on ur own, u dont necessarily need to seek for employment, u can create ur own. u dont necessarily need to be carrying ur CV, everywhere u go or going for interview everyday.
And computer science, all the institution offers it universities, polytechnics,colleges etc. Supply is more than demand, that's the problem. Computer is a good course but neva compare with pharmacy

I am as sure as hell.

And OP if you really want to study computer science, you need to be really focused in school and aim for 1st class even if you don't get it you may end up sitting above 4.0 CGPA. You will thank me later.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by pxjosh(m): 2:19am On Oct 11, 2014
Khalidsarki:
op; I'm a pharmacy student, and I really love computers (planning on studying it as a second degree). without sentiments or bias, I'd still choose to study pharmacy cos of the numerous business opportunities I have. its ridiculous comparing opportunities for a pharmacists and a computer scientist.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by adeoladrg(m): 8:21am On Oct 11, 2014
pxjosh:
op; I'm a pharmacy student, and I really love computers (planning on studying it as a second degree). without sentiments or bias, I'd still choose to study pharmacy cos of the numerous business opportunities I have. its ridiculous comparing opportunities for a pharmacists and a computer scientist.

Very very ridiculous!!!
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 9:15am On Oct 11, 2014
pxjosh:
And as usuall you just state it like that. No explanation; no nothing. Smh. didn't you see how I explicitly explained out things to the Op? What stops you from doing same? its high time this country take guidance and counselling seriously. Nigerian youths are in dire need of it.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 11, 2014
alentyno:

You welcome but I am not sir ooo cheesy although I have knowledge of stuffs like this, I am still a student in the university.
okies which course are u studyin??
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 11, 2014
sogodihno:

Am sure u are joking. Av u seen an unemployed pharmacist before? Pharmacy is an all encompassing course u can work in hospital, Open a community pharmacist, work in industries,lecture in universities, Drug distribution and regulation. If u are not sure or u dont know something dont say it, u myt b misleading people.
@Op follow ur heart
sir, people have diff destiny. If sum1 wit a compt sci degree didn't succeed dat doesn't mean anoda wn't succeed. Not all pharmcist graduate are successful 2day. .
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 11, 2014
pxjosh:
tooossshhh
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 10:31am On Oct 11, 2014
Khalidsarki:
okies which course are u studyin??
Engineering
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 11, 2014
alentyno:

Engineering
wow! Nice one. . Is it futminna?
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by adeoladrg(m): 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
alentyno:

Engineering

I see!
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
Khalidsarki:
wow! Nice one. . Is it futminna?
No uniport
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
alentyno:

No uniport
okies. . . .
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 1:37am On Oct 12, 2014
alentyno:

Yes

I am as sure as hell.

Dude don't be so obsessed with 2.1 or 1st in computer science because in the world of ICT, practical experience and professional certification are omnipotent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Nigerian Police Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Police Officer Paid / Pharmacist Or Medical Sales Rep / Telecom Workers Threaten Services Disruption Over Anti-Labour Practices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.