Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? - Romance (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? (67925 Views)

I Refused To Let Him Take His New Babe To My House To Sleep With. / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2014
ratatis:

Didn't feel like opening one.
Would do so when the need arises.
Thanx for bothering to know.
you are welcome.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by ratatis(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
foxxynik:

Am not laying off my focus on "desirable"
My focus is on the reiterated statement!
You're saying the same thing!

A person not sexually desirable to you...is the same thing as Not having the desire to have sex with that person!

Its English tho...
If you don't get my point... I'll have to cross my fingers!

I think it's more of a logic.
Why I'm having difficulty equating the two statements is that, to me, the statement. "you do not find the woman sexually desirable" implies an inherent repulsive element. The same as saying I find the woman not sexually desirable. I know with some men, it is either a woman is sexually desirable or sexually repulsive. This is not so in my case. If I do not have the desire to have sex with a woman, it does not necessarily implies that I am finding the woman sexually undesirable or repulsive.
When I am in love with a woman, the feeling is quite distinct & palpably different from the one I experience when I am in lust. The two ( i.e. the feeling of love & the feeling of lust ) are not intertwined - the feeling of love is not dependent on sex "to fire it", even when the two are operating simultaneously. It's extremely difficult trying to reduce exact feelings into words.

I've noted from the posts above, that some few individuals, more or less, feel the way I do. I believe it has to do with the way our emotional bodies function. Admittedly, unless one is a demi-sexual, he will have a hard time feeling from our perspective.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Sarimah(f): 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
Unibenstudent:
this one u escape from nairaland ,I led a team of 4 vigilantes to go in search of u ,and we were discouraged to not have found u despite our intense search
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Sarimah(f): 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
chibwike:
Longest time...where have you been.
around
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by chibwike(m): 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
Sarimah:
around
Buh i haven't seen u for a while
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
Sarimah:
hmmmmmmmm
y d hmmmmm,,are u planning something wicked for me??#?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by BAAFFOH(m): 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
It is possible! I have fal In Love with a girl to the extent dat I can't touch her, she tought na Okobo I be but one day....
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
ratatis:

I think it's more of a logic.
Why I'm having difficulty equating the two statements is that, to me, the statement. "you do not find the woman sexually desirable" implies an inherent repulsive element. The same as saying I find the woman not sexually desirable. I know with some men, it is either a woman is sexually desirable or sexually repulsive. This is not so in my case. If I do not have the desire to have sex with a woman, it does not necessarily implies that I am finding the woman sexually undesirable or repulsive.
When I am in love with a woman, the feeling is quite distinct & palpably different from the one I experience when I am in lust. The two ( i.e. the feeling of love & the feeling of lust ) are not intertwined - the feeling of love is not dependent on sex "to fire it", even when the two are operating simultaneously. It's extremely difficult trying to reduce exact feelings into words.

I've noted from the posts above, that some few individuals, more or less, feel the way I do. I believe it has to do with the way our emotional bodies function. Admittedly, unless one is a demi-sexual, he will have a hard time feeling from our perspective.

I wouldn't agree with you any further on this...
You've got ur points intact...

But... Its crystal clear that "emotions" have a strong bond with sexual desires!

The physiology of emotion is closely linked to
arousal of the nervous system with various states
and strengths of arousal relating, apparently, to
particular emotions.

This particular emotions are complex... And the resultant of such feelings are both physical and psychological.

So if you have a gf you love and you don't have the desire to make love to her...then ur psychological effect must be corrected!

I'll agree with you more on this if you say...
You love ur sister and so you find her sexually repulsive or not sexually desirable!

Wondering what will make ur dick ebb down whenever you're with the girl you love!
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 28, 2014
Sarimah:
hmmmmmmmm
am suspecting u
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by cutecanson(m): 9:30am On Nov 28, 2014
eph12:
Loving someone and having sexual urge are two different things and are not related in any way.
i see a victim...shm
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by eph12(m): 11:28am On Nov 28, 2014
cutecanson:
i see a victim...shm
Victim of what na?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=Sarimah post=28201374]hmmmmmmmm[/quote

baby i am back...missd u like madt...

But anyway am filled wit sarimah (joy)
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by tpiah2: 6:32am On Dec 11, 2014
yes, its very possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Bohairs: Lady Who Shakes Bum Bum On Instagram Becomes Landlord In Lagos / Isa Sulaiman & Janine Sanchez: 'I No Fit Love Any Nigerian Woman Again' / Man Shares Photo Of His Spouse & Says She’s Giving Randy Men Sleepless Nights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.