Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,541 members, 7,801,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier (37334 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tanzania : AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) ON 5th September 2015 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by daveP(m): 12:25am On Oct 11, 2014
CFCfan:

Yes, I reckon it wouldn't cost a lot to build a 2,000 - 3,000 seater Athletics stadium.
phew the day is here. Exactly, they should wear it out with constant use. At least finding new athletes wont be hard. We must win today. Ok bro(off to update story).
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by KLand(m): 2:05am On Oct 11, 2014
Godswil Akpabio leads, others follow far behind. The next governor should name the stadium after Akpabio. His legacies in the state are unprecedented.

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by honeric01(m): 3:00am On Oct 11, 2014
Edygrin:
Bad Belle. You didnt complain when the SE were playing in calabar which has 12k capacity. Learn to appreciate, stop being a hater. This is the best stadium in Nigeria.

Stop lying, Calabar stadium is 18k and not 12k.
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Kayode55(m): 5:03am On Oct 11, 2014
Akwa ibom ayaya.. perfect * thinking * d weeds in Abuja stadium should be skyscrapers by πow..

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Tonylyte(m): 6:54am On Oct 11, 2014
VcStunner:
help me see solomon o... I jus dey pity u,weda u like it or not calabar stadium is now history. We are changing venue now pls and do well to get use to it boy!! grin
U are a dullard....u would cry when they will turn back to use the stadium again. Hater!!! U cant hold cally back.
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by kendrick93(m): 6:58am On Oct 11, 2014
babyboy3:

You Cant double the size of that very stadium unless you knock it down and build it again.

No chance

u are wrong. u can increase it.. anfield is an example
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by babyboy3(m): 8:38am On Oct 11, 2014
aris2014:

Guy you are wrong, the space of future expansion is already there ok. When expanding a stadium you don't have to destroy it and rebuild it again. That's why engineer are involve not just ordinary builder . It can be expanded to 50 to 60k capacity

Look If the stadium's original capacity was around 40k-45K theirs a strong possibility hitting the 60k mark, Just like Chelsea's stamford Bridge which currently holds 42500 and the highest it could go when expanding is around 55k-58k Thats why they are looking at other options. UYo stadium has 2 different stands, the main stand and the ohe that goes round which makes it a bit tricky to expand.
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by babyboy3(m): 8:47am On Oct 11, 2014
kendrick93:
u are wrong. u can increase it.. anfield is an example

Anfield is a 4 stand stadium, so easy to expand or easy to knock down a stand and build a 2 tier stand, but Anfield is bang in the middle of a residential area and which they havent gone down this route the same with Goodison Park across the park, compared to Old Trafford thats also a 4 stand stadium and bit by bit from 1990 Old Trafford went from 58k to 75k because its easy to expand, the only reason they cant take it further is the railway line that goes behind one of the stands. Uyo is a 2 stand stadium...

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by hugafella(m): 8:49am On Oct 11, 2014
omar22:
I dont know why the NFA took an international game to a stadium thats in the middle of nowhere?

and 30k capacity, is that the best Nigeria could come up with?

Akwa Ibom or Uyo is not a football crazy city and its not central for all the fans to get to..

Nigeria needs a stadium that will create a hostile atmosphere for the opposition, not one that will make our opponent feel like they are playing at home.

Akwa ibom is not in the middle of nowhere! it's the state with the highest oil revenue! maybe Ur a Hausa man. it's Ur state that's in the middle of nowhere. secondly remember it's a state government project. if u don't like the capacity, tell your governor to build 80,000 capacity stadium. then u will know that poverty and lack of education are problems in some parts of Nigeria, and your state allocation for 1 full year can't even finance this stadium. so please appreciate good things and good people and stop feeling and commenting nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by VcStunner(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2014
Tonylyte:

U are a dullard....u would cry when they will turn back to use the stadium again. Hater!!! U cant hold cally back.
i feel ur pain bro... Buh u knw dats how d system works, so before they finally break Ūя̲̅ heart, i advice u get use to it. Btw u keep quoting a dullard like me? Really suggests a dullaly to us here. Grow up boy!!
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Tonylyte(m): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2014
VcStunner:
i feel ur pain bro... Buh u knw dats how d system works, so before they finally break Ūя̲̅ heart, i advice u get use to it. Btw u keep quoting a dullard like me? Really suggests a dullaly to us here. Grow up boy!!
Oga travel....i am vexed becos mentioned my state in the topic u ought not to..
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by ramje(m): 10:54am On Oct 11, 2014
Yea,its â welcome development

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by ANIEXTY(m): 10:55am On Oct 11, 2014
Am proud to b an akwa ibomite

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by ANIEXTY(m): 10:59am On Oct 11, 2014
Am proud to be an akwa ibomite. Abasi sosongo o !
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by ANIEXTY(m): 11:02am On Oct 11, 2014
Am proud am from akwa ibom. Abasi sosongo ooo !
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by aris2014(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2014
babyboy3:

Look If the stadium's original capacity was around 40k-45K theirs a strong possibility hitting the 60k mark, Just like Chelsea's stamford Bridge which currently holds 42500 and the highest it could go when expanding is around 55k-58k Thats why they are looking at other options. UYo stadium has 2 different stands, the main stand and the ohe that goes round which makes it a bit tricky to expand.
There was no much expansion at stamford Bridge that why they are finding it difficult to expand
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Etianwanokon: 11:38am On Oct 11, 2014
This is good

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by ANIEXTY(m): 11:58am On Oct 11, 2014
Nice 1

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by udbyron1(m): 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
omar22:
I dont know why the NFA took an international game to a stadium thats in the middle of nowhere?

Akwa Ibom or Uyo is not a football crazy city and its not central for all the fans to get to..

Nigeria needs a stadium that will create a hostile atmosphere for the opposition, not one that will make our opponent feel like they are playing at home.
You are a biased being......I lack what to tell u
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Sagamite(m): 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
pendusky:
BY TONY UBANI, Uyo

Newly constructed ultra modern 30,000 capacity stadium in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State will host the
Afcon 2015 final group qualifying match between the Super Eagles and South Africa.

This was confirmed yesterday by the President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick
in Uyo after an inspection tour of the edifice.

The stadium which has been receiving a lot of media reviews since its completion was described
by the NFF boss as “one of the best and could be compared with any other stadium in the world.”

Pinnick did not need much persuasion before approving the arena for the all-important
encounter which will define Nigeria’s fate in her qualification bid for the 2015 Afcon in Morocco.
Meanwhile, all is now set for the official commissioning of the stadium. It was confirmed
yesterday that Governor Godswill Akpabio will commission the stadium on November 20.

We also gathered that the state government and Julius Berger, the company that built the
stadium have reached a 10-year maintenance agreement.

source
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/uyo-stadium-host-nigeria-vs-south-africa-2015-afcon-qualifier

Akwa Ibom Ado Okay!

Fuuktard, AAYYYY!

AAAAHHHHH! Your state has progressed o! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Akpabio forever! grin grin grin grin grin grin

AAAAHHHH, he has given you something to be "proud of"! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your head they swell and you are ecstatic! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Up Akpabio, Up PDP, Up People Destroying your life! grin grin grin grin

This is Akwa Ibom:

% of Ibomites households with treated pipeborne water for drinking and cooking
9.9%

"10% drink from wells"

% of Ibomites households who use electricity or gas to cook
1.6%

"74.3% use firewood or grass"

% of Ibomites households who have their refuse collected by government
0.4%

"76.3% dump it in their vicinity"

% of Ibomites households with flush toilet
7.6%

"80% use covered or uncovered pit latrines"

% of Ibomites with HIV/AIDS
10.9%

"Second Highest Rate behind only Benue"

Healthcare facilities per 100,000 Ibomites

"Not even in the top half in Nigeria"

But, no worry! You have a WOOOOOORRRLD CLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAS STADIUM na! grin grin grin grin

We are jealous of you o! grin grin grin grin grin

Your state is the best please post more threads like this to show us your pride! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Moronic fuuktard!

https://www.nairaland.com/1943178/bayelsa-state-new-governors-office/2#27042594

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Sagamite(m): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
klem93:
Godswill Akpabio is working, Uyo is moving www..com

Yeeees!!!!

Abeg give him is N400m annual pension. grin grin grin grin grin

Moronic nation, moronic people.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by victor260(m): 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2014
omar22:

wat do u mean by middle of nowhere....is nt in 9ja again or what?

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by iykmon: 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
Uyo stadium pics.

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
Sagamite:

Fuuktard, AAYYYY!

AAAAHHHHH! Your state has progressed o! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Akpabio forever! grin grin grin grin grin grin

AAAAHHHH, he has given you something to be "proud of"! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your head they swell and you are ecstatic! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Up Akpabio, Up PDP, Up People Destroying your life! grin grin grin grin

This is Akwa Ibom:

% of Ibomites households with treated pipeborne water for drinking and cooking
9.9%

"10% drink from wells"

% of Ibomites households who use electricity or gas to cook
1.6%

"74.3% use firewood or grass"

% of Ibomites households who have their refuse collected by government
0.4%

"76.3% dump it in their vicinity"

% of Ibomites households with flush toilet
7.6%

"80% use covered or uncovered pit latrines"

% of Ibomites with HIV/AIDS
10.9%

"Second Highest Rate behind only Benue"

Healthcare facilities per 100,000 Ibomites

"Not even in the top half in Nigeria"

But, no worry! You have a WOOOOOORRRLD CLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAS STADIUM na! grin grin grin grin

We are jealous of you o! grin grin grin grin grin

Your state is the best please post more threads like this to show us your pride! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Moronic fuuktard!

https://www.nairaland.com/1943178/bayelsa-state-new-governors-office/2#27042594

one of d best comments here. I know many akwaibomites still doing d house girl tins in my city. truth is an enemy of man

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 11, 2014
ANIEXTY:
Am proud am from akwa ibom. Abasi sosongo ooo !
Smh... Proud over stadium as Akwa Ibom person! There is something wrong in that country.Jeez! We need to start doing things from a civilized perspective and develop like the western world.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by RSA(m): 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
all4naija:

Smh... Proud over stadium as Akwa Ibom person! There is something wrong in that country.Jeez! We need to start doing things from a civilized perspective and develop like the western world.

You Dude are a joke. So if you're not bashing South Africans you're a tribalist. Get a life young man and learn to appreciate yourself a little bit more.

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
RSA:

You Dude are a joke. So if you're not bashing South Africans you're a tribalist. Get a life young man and learn to appreciate yourself a little bit more.
What are you talking about South African Township dweller?! This is the reality about my people's love for mediocrity. angry lipsrsealed
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by RSA(m): 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2014
all4naija:

What are you talking about South African Township dweller?! This is the reality about my people's love for mediocrity. angry lipsrsealed
I've made my point young boy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ajegunle Names Astro Turf Mini Stadium And Park After Odion Ighalo / Eden Hazard And Neymar Jnr...who Is Better? / De Gea To Become Highest Paid Footballer In English Premier League Histroy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.