Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,433 members, 7,801,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? (49713 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last / How to Make a Relationship Last...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by frankii(m): 5:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hi everyone?
I have come across people who met their spouse and under two weeks they were pulling marriage strings, and i've seen others who after like 6 years they finally tied the not. From experience i don't think a working man should have a steady relationship that will last for more than say 8months, because before then you are either preparing for marriage (searching for someone to settle down with), and also searching for the right partner (and not screwing around with every babe). So what do you guys think should be the appropriate length of courtship?

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by iceberylin(m): 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
QÚĔŚŤĨŐŃ ŦŐŔ ŤĤĔ ĞŐĎŚ undecided

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
As long as you can wait.

I could meet a lady today and with her consent marry her the next

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
As long as it takes d guy to reach dat state of mind where,

1. His idea of chilling is being home wit d wife and possibly kids bonding and not with his niggis at some club drinking alcohol and eying "hot" babes.

2. His babe starts looking beautiful to him and not hot

3. A bawling child prompts him to wanna pet and cajole d child instead of bolting away from d vicinity.

4. Etc

5. Etc

160 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by michaelwestern(m): 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
minimum of 5years

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by agarawu23(m): 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
marriage depends on the pocket of a guy.

before u think of getting married, are u sure u r financial okay? and u are old enuf to cope wit stupidity of ladies.

you and your partner will decide when to tie d not. dating for so long doesnt mats which is the best because u guys are used to each other.

how will u marry a gal u met within 2 weeks? hope u knw drink 'alomo'? no wander many marriages dont last.

as for me I am not done to get married cos I gat to have my own house n a nice organization of mine. Abi na one room wey u dey for face me I face u you wan marry put

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2014
It depends on the people involved and the stage at which they are in life mentally,spiritually and other aspects of their lives.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by yuzjet(m): 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
Forever

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by ayusco85(m): 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2014

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by ochon: 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
No particular time..

I say this because the duration of dating doesn't determine a "happy ever after" in marriage. Some people married after few months and lived happily ever after. Some met for few weeks, got married and are having a blissful marriage. While some even dated for years, enjoyed good courtship, but their relationship crashed after marriage. Some were co-habiting for years, but after marriage, things fell apart. The true "colours" were revealed.

What I think is, the man (who is usually the person who proposes) should follow as his heart leads. No matter the time or duration, he should marry when he feels "yeah, I'm ready." No rushing in marriage or the person will rush out too.

That said, I think one year should be enough. You don't expect to date a woman ripe for marriage for YEARS without any sign of commitment or promises of one, without her having doubts or considering other options. Biologically, there's a stage a woman reaches, and she becomes unappealing to suitors' eyes.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by naughtylagosguy(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
I think it depends on the people involve and how they've grown mentally and spiritually.

What is ideal for a 25 year old lady might not be ideal for a 35 year old lady. A 25 year old lady can still date for like 2-3 years but that cannot be said of a 35 year old. Age also plays a role in determining how long people date before the get married.

The most important thing is how well you know your partner. You can date someone for 2-3 years and still have lots of differences whereas you can date someone for just 6 months and within that 6 months you know that you guys are meant for each other.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by bosun11(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
3 Years...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by akira1991(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
3 hours

3 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by fpeter(f): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
No time frame to these things,when you're both ready,it'll feel right. #nopressures

8 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by constance500: 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
50 years cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by mailadedamola(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
a day

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by DNDROID(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
As long as you can wait.

I could meet a lady today and with her consent marry her the next
how many times have you been married dude? cool

19 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Heyliesha(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
14yrs

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by datbay(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Three years

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Csami(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Understanding is key. If both partners understand themselves very well, it shouldn't take long to see them walking down the aisle.

21 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by odepacy: 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
As the lord lead

14 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Lexusgs430: 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
How long is a piece of string?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by joedejana(m): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by sammyyoung2(m): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
||
||
||
\ /

besides>>>>>

GEJ till we get sense!

20 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by matiandu(m): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
10 years is ok grin or you both date till death do you part

4 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
it depends on both parties. for some ladies, finding the right guy can be hard, and we want to wait for the right age to marry... while the guys have to be settled down financially and must meet the right woman to take down the aisle. some relationships may last for three years, some six, some even 8yrs and they are ready to marry. a guy might be ready to marry, but his gf ain't ready yet, and vice versa. sometimes both are ready, but the man is not yet stable financially.

marriage is not a rush rush thing, its something u settle down and discuss with Ur partner.. coz this is a lifetime commitment. you guys are coming together to be one smiley but from my observations, a relationship that lasts for three or more years before diving into marriage lasts longer than a marriage that was rushed into with just one year or lesser relationships.

but then again, u might get dissappointed in a three years relationship, coz the Ur partner can leave u for someone else after all these years sad I wouldn't want that to happen to me or anyone else. that's why I have more than one bf, so that if one dissapoints me, I got backups wink wink (okay, I'm kidding. I'm a faithful lover grin )

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
However long. Maybe even a dayundecided

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Brymo: 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
As long as u can endure urselves.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
However long it takes for both parties to understand each other's flaws, and determine to spend the rest of their lives together, in spite of these flaws.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by pansophist(m): 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
its subjective. Not everyone wants marriage undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Tenim47(m): 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
Aw does dat concern me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by mistayeancah(m): 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2014

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

As a guy,what is your greatest Turn Off In A Lady. / Man Yanks Off Girlfriend’s Wig At A Party Because Different Guys Talked To Her / Dating A 27 Year Old Virgin Is Frustrating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.