Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM (13828 Views)

Debate Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala & Win An Expense Paid Trip To Wall Street, U,S,A / Breaking News: Aim Group, Owners Of Coolfm, Wazobia And Nigeriainfo Set To Launc / Rwanda's Minister Of Youth Resigns Over indecent Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by HonourablePomk: 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
The Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-
Iweala, on Friday bagged the African Finance
Minister of the year award for her
outstanding performance as a finance minister.
The award was presented to her by the African
Investor Magazine on the sideline of the
ongoing annual meetings of the World Bank and
the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in
Washington DC. She thanked the organisers for
the award and described it as an
absolute honour and auspicious.
She called on all investors in Africa to join the
fight against the deadly Ebola virus disease that
is ravaging some countries in West Africa.
“What is happening in Liberia, Guinea and
Sierra-Leone and the success we had in Nigeria
and Senegal in containing this virus should not
be allowed to set Africa back.
“You as private sector and friends of Africa need
to send the message that we should not be so
afraid of Ebola that we stigmatise the whole
continent. “I think that it is only with your own
leadership, as African investors, that the rest of
the world can see which way they should pass.
So, I am really urging you to be ambassadors to
the continent,” she said.
Okonjo-Iweala said that in spite of the
challenges facing the continent, African leaders
should sustain the successes recorded in the
past. These challenges, she said, include
infrastructure, governance, poor education
system, employment, corruption, among others.
“We are not shying away from these challenges
but the turning point now is that we are in the
continent where we have the political will and
confidence to tackle these challenges.
“I think that we as Africans must always take
the lead because if we don’t solve our problems,
nobody can do it for us.” Okonjo-Iweala called
for continuous partnership with the private
sector, donor agencies and non-governmental
organisations.

SOURCE: http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/okonjo-iweala-african-finance-minister-year-aim

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by VcStunner(m): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
Women prooving themselves since PEG wrote that "Guide to an Improved grammer" that sold a million copies in a week in 1963. Okonjo managing finance, Ezekwesili fighting for the girl child education from behind the scene, Mbanefo improving tourism with her beauty. Good one smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by HonourablePomk: 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
r231 , mynd44 , Freiburger, Afam4eva , Ikenna351 , OAM4J ... Hope this gets to the frontpage
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by wite111(m): 5:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
HonourablePomk:
The Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-
Iweala, on Friday bagged the African Finance
Minister of the year award for her
outstanding performance as a finance minister.
The award was presented to her by the African
Investor Magazine on the sideline of the
ongoing annual meetings of the World Bank and
the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in
Washington DC. She thanked the organisers for
the award and described it as an
absolute honour and auspicious.
She called on all investors in Africa to join the
fight against the deadly Ebola virus disease that
is ravaging some countries in West Africa.
“What is happening in Liberia, Guinea and
Sierra-Leone and the success we had in Nigeria
and Senegal in containing this virus should not
be allowed to set Africa back.
“You as private sector and friends of Africa need
to send the message that we should not be so
afraid of Ebola that we stigmatise the whole
continent. “I think that it is only with your own
leadership, as African investors, that the rest of
the world can see which way they should pass.
So, I am really urging you to be ambassadors to
the continent,” she said.
Okonjo-Iweala said that in spite of the
challenges facing the continent, African leaders
should sustain the successes recorded in the
past. These challenges, she said, include
infrastructure, governance, poor education
system, employment, corruption, among others.
“We are not shying away from these challenges
but the turning point now is that we are in the
continent where we have the political will and
confidence to tackle these challenges.
“I think that we as Africans must always take
the lead because if we don’t solve our problems,
nobody can do it for us.” Okonjo-Iweala called
for continuous partnership with the private
sector, donor agencies and non-governmental
organisations.

SOURCE: http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/okonjo-iweala-african-finance-minister-year-aim
.A Thai doctor has claimed he has found a cure for the deadly Ebola virus.According to him,he has cured many people with the treatment regimen.Read the full gist here: http://..com.es/2014/10/photosthai-doctor-claims-he-has-found.html
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by thegoodone2(m): 10:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
good news
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by victorazy(m): 2:23am On Oct 11, 2014
Nnem dalu
All the way from Umuda Isingwu to the best of the world!
Ur the best in the world!

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by RFella(m): 2:26am On Oct 11, 2014
She has performed very well...they now call us the largest economy on the continent, so she has done her part...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by blemon44(m): 2:26am On Oct 11, 2014
How many times will this make front page?
I won the African best player in Hong Kong last week but no one dare put it here. Why my brothers and sisters? This isn't fair!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by snowland(m): 2:41am On Oct 11, 2014
blemon44:
How many times will this make front page?
I won the African best player in Hong Kong last week but no one dare put it here. Why my brothers and sisters? This isn't fair!
I wonder oo....Madam NOI is really making waves on NL.

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by uken73(m): 2:43am On Oct 11, 2014
Congrats to her, but I wish we Nigerians can really feel the impact of her efforts.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by wengerjay(m): 2:46am On Oct 11, 2014
Good for her.But average nigerians have not felt the impact.Under her nose,states being governed by opposition parties are being starved of funds,billions of dollars stollen oil money cant be accounted for,ministries and parastatals activities are at their lowest ebbs because of inadequate funding.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 11, 2014
She actually deserves it. One of the few women that has actually made a difference in Nigeria. I wouldn't be surprised if critics and chauvinists say otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by Lilprincey(m): 2:52am On Oct 11, 2014
Madam okonjo-iweala making Nigeria proud since 600 A.D...
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 11, 2014
congratulations to her.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by Lilprincey(m): 2:54am On Oct 11, 2014
She is a natural woman everywhere she goes she keeps promoting Nigeria. Kudos ma

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 11, 2014
snowland:

I wonder oo....Madam NOI is really making waves on NL.
I'm sure it's one of the mods he mentioned. He probably moved it without checking the topics on fp.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by ritux: 2:56am On Oct 11, 2014
100% deserved. She's done a lot for Nigeria economy.

Kudos ma'm...carry on the good work.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by Nobody: 2:59am On Oct 11, 2014
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by njuwo(m): 3:02am On Oct 11, 2014
Bia mods bia nwokemu, how many times this topic go appear for frontpage? Una no dey work together?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by gen2briz(m): 3:08am On Oct 11, 2014
I don't even know what to comment.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by Nobody: 3:15am On Oct 11, 2014
it easy to cure something that doesn't exist.
wite111:
.A Thai doctor has claimed he has found a cure for the deadly Ebola virus.According to him,he has cured many people with the treatment regimen.Read the full gist here: http://..com.es/2014/10/photosthai-doctor-claims-he-has-found.html
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by oluseyiforjesus(m): 3:24am On Oct 11, 2014
Congratulations!!!!!
But we can't even say who is Ruling btw u n GEJ,i guess they shld change ur portfolio to PRIME MINISTER!
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by akunjohn(m): 3:27am On Oct 11, 2014
Congrats to her.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by experimentist: 3:28am On Oct 11, 2014
Who dash am? Which finance? Ok, figure finance abi? No shaking! Make dem kukuma carry World Cup give am na and highest goal scorer pass Messi and Ronaldo.. Mad people!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by Nobody: 3:36am On Oct 11, 2014
again?
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 11, 2014
[size=18pt]$20Bn missing from our finances; IMF and World Bank organise for her to get an award at their Annual meeting.

Ours is the type of government the IMF and World Bank love.
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCdOkf4NxQ&list=UUMQOLBMYxeVLCX3cUWfmbOQ

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by donstevico(m): 3:43am On Oct 11, 2014
hmm
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by Youpele52: 3:53am On Oct 11, 2014
Dunno why most Nigerian ladies don't love to pick this woman as a role model but the Tiwa Savages, Tontos, Maheeda, Corsy, Nicki Minaj,

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by mrpackager(m): 3:53am On Oct 11, 2014
who cares

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by niggereyez(f): 4:04am On Oct 11, 2014
Brainz.... I luv brainz.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by Samneer: 4:10am On Oct 11, 2014
Same way our economy emerged as best in Africa

Who's fooling who!

Fallacy!

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM by Funniez: 4:23am On Oct 11, 2014
See d kind time whey person wake up, begin enter nairaland, just because im wan dey for front page. Chai Seun, diaris God o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let Make A Shout To You Love Ones Who Are On Here / How Has Nairaland Helped You? / If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.