Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Breaking News.man Who Brought Jheri Curl To The Masses Dead At 82 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking News.man Who Brought Jheri Curl To The Masses Dead At 82 (1035 Views)

Good News: Man Survives Ebola, Tells His Story / Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State / Jack Kevorkian AKA "Dr. Death" Is Dead At 82. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News.man Who Brought Jheri Curl To The Masses Dead At 82 by Jostico: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
Comer Cottrell -- whose Curly Kit made the Jheri
curl an insanely popular hairstyle among African-
Americans in the '70s and '80s -- has died. He was
82.Before Cottrell came along, the Jheri curl was a
$200 process at a salon ... but his kit sold over-the-
counter for about $8.00 ... and there was no turning back. The hairstyle was famously parodied
in "Coming to America" and the list of celebs who
rocked it was epic: Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie,
Easy-E and Ice Cube ... and athletes like Deion
Sanders, Eric Dickerson and Rickey Henderson.He
died last Friday.Cottrell's soul is glowing in heaven now.

Re: Breaking News.man Who Brought Jheri Curl To The Masses Dead At 82 by Jostico: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
rip bro *sad*
Re: Breaking News.man Who Brought Jheri Curl To The Masses Dead At 82 by Ploy(m): 8:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
Great, RIP. I will sell cement at the rate of 700 Naira. Dangote is in trouble
Re: Breaking News.man Who Brought Jheri Curl To The Masses Dead At 82 by fittoux: 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
Jerry cure?
Re: Breaking News.man Who Brought Jheri Curl To The Masses Dead At 82 by braine(m): 8:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
Jostico:
rip bro *sad*

Sad for what?
Re: Breaking News.man Who Brought Jheri Curl To The Masses Dead At 82 by Lovetinz(m): 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
Pastor Emm.. Emm. Whats his name will miss him too.
Re: Breaking News.man Who Brought Jheri Curl To The Masses Dead At 82 by Funjosh(m): 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
ok
Re: Breaking News.man Who Brought Jheri Curl To The Masses Dead At 82 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
RIP.But op how did u know .Cottrell's soul is
glowing in heaven now.

(1) (Reply)

Risk Of Being Pregnant Again 3months After Delivery. / 38 Dies In Rivers After Consuming Local Gin / My Childhood; My Manhood; My Prostagel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.