Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? (13491 Views)

Nigerian Lady Tells Fellow Women To Dump Their Boyfriend If He Just Did His BVN / Signs He’s Just Not Into You / My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by Rubbermaid(f): 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2006
He sends me text messages everyday, and calls about twice a week. My heart actually skips a bit when he sends me txt messages, or calls, and I find myself wanting to call him often (but I don't) etc, the problem is that although, he has invited me over for dinner twice (he cooked y'all!!!), and quickly offered to go with me to the car dealership when I had a little accident, he has not 'asked' me out, nor done anything else to show that he'd like to date me, it's so confusing to me!! I don't want to mis-read him and I am not the type of girl to make a move so this is really eating me up. I'd like to continue to play it cool but I think I am losing my typically nonchalant, wont-return-phone-calls-readily, wont-go-out-of-my-way-to-impress, etc

So people, tell me, what do you think is going on? Is he into me but too shy, intimidated by me having my act completely together, or whatever else? My cousin thinks he might be but I don't think so cause he's got his own stuff going well for him, actually, I hate to admit it but he does intimidate me a bit myself. He's an architect and has his own interior design business.

Do you think that perhaps like the book, "He's Just Not That Into You" (see link below), that he's probably just not that into me? embarassed
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by ikamefa(f): 10:09pm On Aug 01, 2006
maybe he just wants to be friends , no strings attached kind of thing na'mean,why don't you go with the flow, i know most guys don't like gals who are too forward so, reign  in your kuku gaga feelins over him, roll with the flow. he might just be taking his sweet time cheesy

as per your question is he into yah, i say a definite no, because if hes into yah hes gon be sweating you 24/7 na'mean?  smiley
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by eveseh(f): 10:20pm On Aug 01, 2006
yea he aint into u
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by Rubbermaid(f): 10:34pm On Aug 01, 2006
Geez, don't be nice about it undecided
J/Kidding - yeah, I feared that might be the case, dang it. Oh well.
Although, he did send a txt this morn that said "Hey Sweetie"
I didn't respond 'cause honestly, I was playing games trying not to show that I'm into him, so although I have only two feedbacks now, you both are getting me pretty convinced that that might be the case so I think I'll just leave the game playing all alone and just start to put some distance between us until I can reign in my goo goo ga ga feelings. grin
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by ikamefa(f): 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2006
Rubbermaid:

Geez, don't be nice about it undecided
J/Kidding - yeah, I feared that might be the case, dang it. Oh well.
Although, he did send a txt this morn that said "Hey Sweetie"
I didn't respond 'cause honestly, I was playing games trying not to show that I'm into him, so although I have only two feedbacks now, you both are getting me pretty convinced that that might be the case so I think I'll just leave the game playing all alone and just start to put some distance between us until I can reign in my goo goo ga ga feelings. grin
am not saying put a distance btwn you guys,am saying if he is a good person like you described hey , hang in there good friends are hard to find.
the guy might just be" testing the waters" he might be the cautious type . aint nuffin wrong with kicking it with him on a friendly basis who knows , him fit fall yakata later as you don fall  grin  grin

and stop playing games gal , just be you ,you wanna call him ,pick up the phone and call but not on a stalking level oh cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by Rubbermaid(f): 10:52pm On Aug 01, 2006
ikamefa:

am not saying put a distance btwn you guys,am saying if he is a good person like you described hey , hang in there good friends are hard to find.
the guy might just be" testing the waters" he might be the cautious type . aint nuffin wrong with kicking it with him on a friendly basis who knows , him fit fall yakata later as you don fall grin grin

and stop playing games girl , just be you ,you want to call him ,pick up the phone and call but not on a stalking level oh cheesy

Girl, I hear you!, but truth is if I called him everytime I wanted to, I'd be stalking him I think grin
I think I'll drop the games, but still make it a point to put some distance - like no more dinners etc until I am sure I'd be cool with just being friends (without any expectations), right now, I guess I am expecting that he's doing stuff cause he might like me and want to ask me out, which may or may not be the case,
So until I can work out all thie complicated dating (or not dating) mess maybe I should work on me being cool with hanging out with him just because it's cool to hang out with him, without the strings, expectations etc

Will be tough though but I think I can hang tough . cry
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by dondele(m): 3:10am On Aug 02, 2006
you both are still tasting the waters. hang in there and drop the game playing. he is a good guy and a lil interest from you wont hurt him.
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by kiki(f): 3:19am On Aug 02, 2006
he is totally into u but i guess he don't wanna be 2 forward but gurl he gon ax u soon
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by Rubbermaid(f): 11:37am On Aug 02, 2006
kiki:

he is totally into u but i guess he don't want to be 2 forward but girl he gon ax u soon
Why is he going to ax me soon?
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by Rubbermaid(f): 11:51am On Aug 02, 2006
dondele:

you both are still tasting the waters. hang in there and drop the game playing. he is a good guy and a lil interest from you wont hurt him.

Hey Dondele,

Nice to get a male perspective - I feel that accepting and going over to his place for dinner should show my interest. Also, me being amenable and having phone/txt conversations should show that I'm interested in what he has to say. What type of interest do you mean? grin
Now, keep in mind that I don't do the whole 'girl asking guy' out thing. Just not my style. undecided

1 Like

Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by iice(f): 12:09pm On Aug 02, 2006
ax = ask lol
@Topic, hmmm maybe he thinks he's 2 young for u? I dont knw, but i definitely feel he likes u alot(for crying out loud, he cooked for you wink) Give it a lil time, am sure he'll either give you a hint or ask you out right. Sorry cudnt be of much help coz i tend 2 just go for the jugular with guys and ask him if he likes me or not or if he wants 2 date me or not. But thats just me wink
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by Rubbermaid(f): 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2006
iice:

ax = ask lol
wink

LOL!! Thanks for clearing that up iice. I was wondering wetin I do wen e go ax me.

Re: going for the jugular, I might try that as the last resort so I can know one way or the other and move on if need be.
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by swiftycool(m): 10:35am On Nov 09, 2007
These days its quite difficult to be plain friends with girls, Each time a guy shows some care and support
4 a chick or tries to cheer her up by sending cute sms or spending valuable time with them
they develop the wrong idea and start thinking on a romantic level, from personal experience
A guy does not always want a relationship with u, He might just want to be a true friend but ur feelings make it all become complicated
Honey girl hes not into u on lovers level, but could be thebest friend u have dreamt of
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by uchetobi(f): 10:44am On Nov 09, 2007
I think he is into u but that is just his strategy – and it seem to be working, if he came out strongly u’d probably have discarded him by now, but he is taking it slowly, penetrating into your heart, messing with with your brains, by the time he comes out fully (that’s if you don’t make the first move and you have to be strong willed not to) you will give him no hassles – am talking from personal experience

1 Like

Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by lilrukevwe(m): 11:01am On Nov 09, 2007
He is shy
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by ademiife(m): 11:07am On Nov 09, 2007
things may not be as simple as they seem,

for how long have you known this guy?
do you know if he's single and unattached?
do you know if he's got some other babes around him?
will it be out of place for you to return his calls/sms?
will you not send him away by your tactical distancing?
is he someone you'll readily go out with if he asks you out?
how much do you know about his person?
does he have a past love life that can give you insight into his true intent?
have you two ever talked about relationships, whether personal or other folks'?

cool, you've gone to dinner with him, very cool; but after that what else have you done
to show your interest in him, or his seeming interest for you?
are you afraid that after all, he may not really want you for a relationship?
and that's something you will really like? won't you?

, to me, there's no shame in tears, something like 'stooping in style' to conquer,
you can do it - can't you?
maybe the guy is your male-version; he wants some reassurance from you; he
doesn't want to strike the wrong chord in this apparent serenade, he wants some
more feedback from you; not just the acceptance to grace his dinner, methinks!
but then, for how long have you guys been in this show-serenade?

you can be upfront in asking certain things, even if it's unlike you! i'll say: it's better
to be safe than be sorry, my best wishes from here to someone who's sleepless in seattle!

take care to care,
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by rosquare(m): 11:19am On Nov 09, 2007
@poster
i quite agree with uchetobi
the guy likes you and thats a plus on your side.
some guys would come out straight and ask you out,
but some of us would start with friendship as a good
foundation.
dont push him of,and dont throw yourself at him.
just be your self.he'll drop it on you when you least expect
i'm sure he is seeing the signs already.you could send him
text messages but make them plain,not too romantic.
if he shows you some care, then reciprocate.
by doing that,you wont be throwing yourself at him

when i met my girl,we text ourselves for about two weeks
and the mesages were based on general issues and daily
experiences, but nothing personal.

the first time i kissed her,it took her by surprise.that
was when she asked me what i wanted and trust me
i asked her if she hasnt figured it out by then.i just kissed
her again.it was untill 2months later that she jokinly asked
me to formally ask her out which i did.
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by uchetobi(f): 11:26am On Nov 09, 2007
Rosaquare I agree with u and ur gf’s reaction is normally typical when dat kind of strategy is applied and u knw the most annoying thing, knowing that the game the guy is playing doesn’t mean u will beat him to it, u will still continue to trip and trip, dats how strong this mind play is
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by endure: 11:43am On Nov 09, 2007
Hey girl, from the way u sound, u seem interested in the guy 2.
But I tell u, u dont have to throw urself on the guy or try to impress
him. Like my sister say, guys no longer toast girls, u just be urself,
play along keeping ur ears and eyes to the ground to get the clue
If he's ready, he might send a coded message, but left 4 u 2 unstand.

I say this cuz, he might not really want a relationship. This I say cuz I do
it sometimes to a girl I just feel attracted to. I become nice to her and never
ask for anything in return, some people are just like that. A girl I had such a
connection with had same problem ur having now untill she opened up
and defined the relationship clearly to her and up till now we'r still good friends
So girl, be careful!
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by autopilot: 11:51am On Nov 09, 2007
@poster,i feel your pain. been there.

hopefully though,he might just let you know soon. i think its a good idea to always have stuff defined. i'd ask.
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by PrinceT2: 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2007
I'm playing the game Rubbermaid posted to the forum.There is lady i met some years ago and both of us had feeelings for each other but along the line we lost contact for about 4years. To my surprise we met again this year and we started our friendship. But I must confess I still need this babe and I can perceive it she needs me too. I call her often but she hardly reciprocate but i can read her mind that she's always on the look out for my calls. What makes me not to ask her out is that I want to be sure because of my experiences in past relationship and also I want to be sure if she's the kind of babe I can take to the altar. I agree with Uchetobi,that the guy is just trying to penetrate into her heart by the time the guy speak out whao everything will just fall into places. Rubbermaid this guy is for you.Just try to ask the guy and be inquisitive whether is into other relationship,If he's not the guy is yours.
Babe it'll soon be over peeeleee.
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by Nameless1(m): 12:50pm On Nov 09, 2007
HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT, I THINK HE LIKE ME grin

MAYBE U AR NOT MAKING IT EASY FOR HIM WITH UR NONCHALANT BEHAIVIOUR, IF U LIKE AM, MAKE U SEF TRY , NOW, HABA grin
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by mekoyo(m): 1:03pm On Nov 09, 2007
Just keep your cool and take every step as it comes. One at a time.
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by ehie007(m): 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2007
Why are u guys bothered abt a girls life who is probably forming for this guy.

Hey Rubbermaid quit wasting tme b4 some otther girl take him away from you. grin grin grin
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by henchmark: 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2007
hey fellas ,
this guy is being real matured here, thats my game. the truth is BIG boys dont toast girls no more, they make girls feel them and am sure you're feeling this guy now.

the truth is whether he is married or not he likes you, but may not want anything serious because he is probably hooked up with someone, if he is not hooked up with someone then he is playing a matured game that might tempt you to do one or two things, the truth is he knows if he asked you out he would be transfering his power as the man to you so the best way is to make you need him like hell, and thats the best for girls you know so cant form for him cause he has not said anything, at the moment he is very unpredictable and thats the reason you are already tripping for him, he is trying to make you feel he can very well do without you, that his emotions cannot control him, that makes him a MAN  you know.

my advice for you: play his game his way. you have shown interst already by going to his house so what else will he say, you are flowing. next time he would ask you out agree but dissapoint him, tell him something came up say an hour to the time, but be careful cos if its me, your CHAPTER will be closed. just make him feel your very ok with yourself. if you cant hold it the talk with him, its no crime, afterall i've had girls oasting me severally, so its nothing.

take care
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by mellow(m): 1:55pm On Nov 09, 2007
He might just like you like a sister, has it ever occured to you? It is high time we stopped reading

meanings to other people's action until they interpret the actions themselves.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by achinu(m): 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2007
Go with the flow & enjoy the moment. Don't try speeding it up cuz it might come across the wrong way! Savor the moment
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by Bblak(f): 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2007
Just be yourself okay.With time you will get to understand what he honestly wants from you lipsrsealed
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by Nameless1(m): 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2007
maybe he using u to get to ur sister, hehe
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by ayomifull(f): 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2007
You live in USA is he an American or a Nigerian? If he is a Nigerian how long has he lived over there and what do you think his orientation is regarding issues like these? You are not a baby and should be able to read in between the lines, he may just want to be a friend, he may want to start at that first so he could know you better before going further, so take it easy baby, just be natural and see him as a friend and things would soon be defined. If you cant wait i suggest you bring up discussions about relationships, friendship and the like and you should be able to read his lips but all the same dont do anything you may later regret. Leave it as friendship and see how it goes.
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by poochy(f): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2007
Hi rubbermaid, we have a lot in common.I mean i can never ask a guy out(for what now?).Obviously,this guy likes u but he is either taking his time or he's too shy to ask u out.Anyway, judging from ur personality,i don't think u shld ask him anything about u two going out or even anything related to it cos if he says no(maybe still shy to admit it or maybe he doesn't want to ask u out afterall),u will definitely get hurt and might ruin a blossoming friendship.At least,half bread is better than none.Just keep ur game tight. My opinion though
Re: Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? by finemocha(f): 3:47pm On Nov 09, 2007
hey gurl

yeah some guys are right on this forum, he probably likes ur character and genuinly wants to be friends. NOrmally with men if they like u they are very vocal about it. At some point they say something or do something to let u know how they feel. And as for him cooking for u and following u to the dealership, u cannever really tell maybe h eis the kind of guy that prefers having female friends than male freinds. and because we are females, he knows that calling and cooking and all that stuff is how we know that he cares as a FRIEND. i mean men dont call each other anyhow or cook for one another. so please put ur feelings back in ur heart before u get hurt, because tomorrow he might say that he is interested in another girl and then u might feel really really hurt. so please do not jump into any conclusions, because trust me a guy like this will make a great friend,than a foe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mixed Messages In Relationships / How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? / I Hate Seeing Her On Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.