Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Rivers Warns Against Another Ebola Outbreak - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Warns Against Another Ebola Outbreak (590 Views)

Letter To President Buhari Warns Against EFCC Boss Lamorde And Senator Akpabio / Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos / Lesotho Pull Out Of AYC Qualifier Against Nigeria Over Ebola outbreak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Warns Against Another Ebola Outbreak by explorer250(m): 7:11am On Oct 11, 2014
The Rivers State Government has urged Nigerians to be prepared for another outbreak of Ebola virus disease, saying the country is still at the high risk of contracting the virus especially during the forthcoming festivities. The alarm came amid applause for the Federal Government for the success recorded in containing the deadly disease. The Rivers State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Sampson Parker, who raised the alarm in an interview with journalists in Abuja, said, “We have achieved a lot. If the Federal Ministry of Health and state ministries of health have achieved a lot, this is the time to begin to amass armament for the battle ahead. One, the first case went to the hospital in the United States; now, we are hearing it is in Dallas. The other day, we heard Spain. We may hear Germany. It will not tell us the state where it will appear next time.” Decrying the closure of Ebola virus treatment centres across the country, Parker said, “Although developing research and treatment are necessary, we need to strengthen our preparedness for another outbreak. “What has happened so far, to me, is just a warning. I can call it a fluke, when a gentleman jumped into a plane and ran into Nigeria. The disease is still actually residing in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea. And we must not forget that we have Nigerians living in these countries. The festive period is coming. A lot of Nigerians, as a tradition and culture, will return home. Some of them come with whatever they carry. “I agree that some persons were talking about developing research and treatment. But, to my mind, while it is okay for that to go on, we need to strengthen our preparedness for another outbreak. We cannot predict where this thing will come in through. The potential of having another one is very high. I am not a prophet of doom; the United States did not think that it would happen to them. A man actually went into the country from Liberia. After all, he is an American, he had to go back home. He was healthy when he went back home.”
Re: Rivers Warns Against Another Ebola Outbreak by papaejima1: 9:27am On Oct 11, 2014
Good talk

1 Like

Re: Rivers Warns Against Another Ebola Outbreak by explorer250(m): 9:38am On Oct 11, 2014
papaejima1:
Good talk
na tru my bros

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How The June 12, 1993 Presidential Election Won By Abiola- Humphrey Nwosu / Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ / Please Let's Us Vote Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.