Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,745 members, 7,806,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging (7021 Views)

Linda Ikeji Blog Finally Removed By Blogger / Linda Ikeji Vs Stella Dimoko Korkus Who Is You Favorite Blogger / 9 Important Things You Should Know Before You Start Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging by businessMODE(m): 10:20am On Oct 11, 2014
Linda Ikeji is one of Africa most successful bloggers and has served as an inspiration to many other young people. She told us her story quite a number of times and one among them is the story of how broke she was before shae started blogging. She said there was a day she went to use the ATM but found out she only had 900 and the least she could withdraw was 500 and the minimum balance 500. She had nothing to do than return broken. That was three years back. Last December, she gave her fans cash running into millions just for been there.

Blogging is one of the simplest online business models I know and it works well with any niche provided you have what your chosen target audience need. But to be a successful blogger and make money online, there are a couple of things you must put into consideration.

It is no longer story that Linda Ikeji’s Blog has been pulled down of allegation of copyright infringement. While I feel so bad about that retrogressive development, I deem it necessary to point out the basics of blogging to aspiring and existing bloggers. Its amazing how some successful bloggers don’t know these minutes basics.

In this little piece, we’ll be looking at LIB as case study to setting up a successful blog.

As an online business coach, the first thing I ask any aspiring blogger who come to me to help them setup a blog to do is pick a niche and their target audience. That alone when carefully done, makes you 55% done because at this point, you must have already though of the blogging model and the offering you will be using to monetize your blog.

Most bloggers just fumbled a couple of times before while trying to found their own successful blog. In the case of Linda, she got it right by chosen the celebrity, gossip and general entertainment niche. While that is not a very promising for a newbie, she was very fortunate to have risen to have come this far.

The next thing to do after deciding on a niche and audience is to pick a model. That may not be a deciding factor, but it helps you stay focus and soar high faster.

One important thing I stand against is using free domain and hosting. That is what broke Linda Ikeji. She was using a free domain and was hosted on blogger. I’ve criticize her blog on that ground previously, but proponents have felt she was successful and thus no need for that ignoring the fact that her success exposes her to complications as this. Other possibilities include the company folding or crashing of their servers which may lead to lost of data.

The host (blogger) in the case of LIB has the right to pull down the blog at anytime for any reason they feel violates their terms and conditions which you signed when creating the account. I once lost a blog too. I didn’t bother me because the blog was just a couple of weeks old.

At a point, I felt nothing will happen to LIB, but it’s quite unfortunate that blogger or google as the case maybe don’t care how successful your blog is, they pull it down at anytime. The question of copyright was just an excused to force her to patronize the blackmailer. In same light, I’ve written post on GossipHA and I saw it appear on a couple of blogs before. Some gave credits, some didn’t. Instead of feeling bad, I felt on point because I broke news and others copied from me.

Those working against her are professional domain squatters who took advantage of her ignorance or rather, negligence to milk her. They actually bought all her brand name domains with all extensions including the .ng domain name which goes for N15,000. Thus for buying www.lindaikeji.ng and www.lindaikejiblog.ng alone, they spent a total of N30,000. That is aside about 10 other extensions and variation related to the brand. Now that the blog has been pulled down, the only hope she have is the mobile version www.lindaikeji.mobi

The guys have not named a price for any of the domains yet, but it is definitely going to run into several millions. When I tried registering a domain name for Labaran Maku, I was shocked to find out that www.labaranmaku.com was registered. When I traced it, the domain was placed for $5,000 –that’s over 800,000. Its amazing how they expect you to pay that huge sum for domain the paid just a token.

To start a successful blog, choose a niche, target audience, model, get domain name and web hosting. There are a lot of blogging platform you can use. All you need is to get web hosting and install the software. I’ve always recommended WordPress (the software from wordpress.org not ).

You can contact me to help you setup a professional blog >>> Ping me on 7C1FBF57 or SMS 08032910381

Click here to get web hosting and domain name registered http://www.hostgator.com.ng/

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging by Feranmicharles(m): 10:24am On Oct 11, 2014
And u expect me to read all that?
Pele ooo

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging by Tectono: 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
Have you heard of a blog called Tectono Business Review? Check out this URL: http://tectono..com/
This blog is far better than Linda Ikeji's own.
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging by Miracle0403(f): 1:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
Feranmicharles:
And u expect me to read all that?
Pele ooo
I read it.

Anyways, I run an MLM blog www.mlmteamwin.com and I pay monthly just N350. You can view any of my blog post to see the hosting platform http://www.qservers.net/process/?aff=859
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging by breadtom: 6:55am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging by damanjohn: 9:58am On Apr 02, 2017
All this are old stories that many have practice still no result

One need to be creative and come up with something new and before other will copy copy u don hammer
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging by bmanbee(m): 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2017
Hahahaha - Prank in an African home https://youtu.be/yPBtPBy8Ws0A
MARRIAGE WAHALA - FUNNY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4zuGIJk7Mw
GHANA WEED – VERY FUNNY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLYVw9j5xcY
FAKE REPORTER - VERY FUNNY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16iU_ecKW7Q

SEE PASTOR FIGHTING FOR TITHE IN THE CHURCH IT BELONGS TO GOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MsMu32--Gk
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging by Folayat(f): 7:55am On Apr 15, 2017
Thks for the info

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging by godwinstringed1(m): 11:50pm On May 03, 2017
Imagine this Beautiful impacts of poetry
You can't just afford to miss this opportunity.
You can't
You can't be the same after a daily study of this poetry from the Bravehands company.
It is just launched today and will keep on with a daily updates of new meditational social, political, natural and romantic happenings. Hereby structuring our lifestyles.
I urge all nairalanders to learn new psychological packages from the hands of great poets
Nigerians conceive great poetic contents
Just check up
At
https://bravehands..com/ l
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging by Qcynthy: 10:21pm On May 08, 2017
businessMODE:
Linda Ikeji is one of Africa most successful bloggers and has served as an inspiration to many other young people. She told us her story quite a number of times and one among them is the story of how broke she was before shae started blogging. She said there was a day she went to use the ATM but found out she only had 900 and the least she could withdraw was 500 and the minimum balance 500. She had nothing to do than return broken. That was three years back. Last December, she gave her fans cash running into millions just for been there.

Blogging is one of the simplest online business models I know and it works well with any niche provided you have what your chosen target audience need. But to be a successful blogger and make money online, there are a couple of things you must put into consideration.

It is no longer story that Linda Ikeji’s Blog has been pulled down of allegation of copyright infringement. While I feel so bad about that retrogressive development, I deem it necessary to point out the basics of blogging to aspiring and existing bloggers. Its amazing how some successful bloggers don’t know these minutes basics.

In this little piece, we’ll be looking at LIB as case study to setting up a successful blog.

As an online business coach, the first thing I ask any aspiring blogger who come to me to help them setup a blog to do is pick a niche and their target audience. That alone when carefully done, makes you 55% done because at this point, you must have already though of the blogging model and the offering you will be using to monetize your blog.

Most bloggers just fumbled a couple of times before while trying to found their own successful blog. In the case of Linda, she got it right by chosen the celebrity, gossip and general entertainment niche. While that is not a very promising for a newbie, she was very fortunate to have risen to have come this far.

The next thing to do after deciding on a niche and audience is to pick a model. That may not be a deciding factor, but it helps you stay focus and soar high faster.

One important thing I stand against is using free domain and hosting. That is what broke Linda Ikeji. She was using a free domain and was hosted on blogger. I’ve criticize her blog on that ground previously, but proponents have felt she was successful and thus no need for that ignoring the fact that her success exposes her to complications as this. Other possibilities include the company folding or crashing of their servers which may lead to lost of data.

The host (blogger) in the case of LIB has the right to pull down the blog at anytime for any reason they feel violates their terms and conditions which you signed when creating the account. I once lost a blog too. I didn’t bother me because the blog was just a couple of weeks old.

At a point, I felt nothing will happen to LIB, but it’s quite unfortunate that blogger or google as the case maybe don’t care how successful your blog is, they pull it down at anytime. The question of copyright was just an excused to force her to patronize the blackmailer. In same light, I’ve written post on GossipHA and I saw it appear on a couple of blogs before. Some gave credits, some didn’t. Instead of feeling bad, I felt on point because I broke news and others copied from me.
Pls I want to start a blog, how do I start it
Those working against her are professional domain squatters who took advantage of her ignorance or rather, negligence to milk her. They actually bought all her brand name domains with all extensions including the .ng domain name which goes for N15,000. Thus for buying www.lindaikeji.ng and www.lindaikejiblog.ng alone, they spent a total of N30,000. That is aside about 10 other extensions and variation related to the brand. Now that the blog has been pulled down, the only hope she have is the mobile version www.lindaikeji.mobi

The guys have not named a price for any of the domains yet, but it is definitely going to run into several millions. When I tried registering a domain name for Labaran Maku, I was shocked to find out that www.labaranmaku.com was registered. When I traced it, the domain was placed for $5,000 –that’s over 800,000. Its amazing how they expect you to pay that huge sum for domain the paid just a token.

To start a successful blog, choose a niche, target audience, model, get domain name and web hosting. There are a lot of blogging platform you can use. All you need is to get web hosting and install the software. I’ve always recommended WordPress (the software from wordpress.org not ).

You can contact me to help you setup a professional blog >>> Ping me on 7C1FBF57 or SMS 08032910381

Click here to get web hosting and domain name registered http://www.hostgator.com.ng/
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging by Parlegrandpa: 12:42am On May 09, 2017
You have a nice post up there. smiley wink

Buy and sell your new/old items for free at
https://martng.com/

Read fresh news and articles like it's hot at
https://blog.martng.com/
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging by ManagerofJiga: 11:20am On May 19, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL-LXCkf2vw #FreestyleFriday #Episode9 from upcoming artiste Jesse jiga Twitter handle @jessejiga Instagram @jessejiga

(1) (Reply)

I Was Banned From Instagram / Ambode Visited By AFRIMA And Africa Union Delegates / LISTEN/DOWNLOAD HERE Davido For You Ft 2face Idibia [ NEW O.B.O ALBUM]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.